Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9475 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

Almost has a point. TWIE has taken decisions that make him look back if his kill didn't fail. He may not be town, but he probably isn't lying about his shot failing. He could've said that he couldn't shoot again or w/e.
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9476 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:42 am

Post by Creature »

idk, I don't agree with TFL/Shadow being scum.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9477 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:43 am

Post by Creature »

In post 9462, Almost50 wrote:Fuzzy bc he clearly could not have just forgotten to vote in Beachabalooza after having been reminded of it TWICE by grapes in their PT.
Just actually wondering this.
Sigh
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9478 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9436, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’ve thought it over and Farside’s abilities don’t make any sense as someone who can actively help scum achieve their wincon. That amount of Vote Control would be tantamount the mistake Varsoon made in “XXX Mafia” where he let two scum basically quick-lynch Town over and over to win the game. He’s not making that mistake again given the flack he caught post-game there. So slotting her as playing badly and not interested in a lynch on her with the game-state as it is now. Too many Town dead.

Which means RR is a very viable scum candidate via Beach-a-Palooza. Especially seeing their 9167 where they say “It doesn’t matter that their abilities don’t make sense as scum – they used it to hurt Town”. That’s a classic scape-goating argument which I would expect from scum not Town. Town understands that not lynching scum is very bad for Town. Scum want to facilitiate lynches on targets they can swing as looking like scum when they clearly aren’t.

@Almost – I know you read RR as Town but I’d like you to really dig in and think about the way RR is playing today independent of that read.
First, I could do Creature if needed, but I'm skeptical.

Now 2 points about the quoted:

1- My memory id failing me, but weren't you in Bloodbourne? Nahdia basically won the game for scum single handedly. Giving scum that much power is not beyond Varsoon.

2- RR is being "rational" still. Both heads are. I saw Scum!Cerb in Getsu and he wasn't as elaborate as he is here. He made some sense alright, but if you take a closer look they had no real content.. just fancy looks. Here his posts are with actual game-solving content. I can't speak of Scum!Drixx though, but both heads' play reminds me of how they both play as Town, and I have seen them both play as Town!

Oh, one more thing: because of the state of confusion I'm in I'm mostly going to play myself and my counterpart for the rest of the day (if not the rest of the game). That means I will show reasons for someone to be scum, and also show reasons why they might not be, and vice versa. Right now I'm the only "confirmed" entity living on this planet. The rest are classified as "likely and more likely to be" Town/Scum/Survivour or even a Semi-SK win-con (i.e. Last man standing).

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9479 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9436, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Of course this whole train of questionable logic revolves around the notion that Fuzzy told the truth that Snarky was the even winner
Well, a Fuzzy flip would likely tell us that too. i don't by that SS ended up the top voted player in that event either, so I'm not sharing RR's sentiment that it makes Fuzzy any more likely Town than Scum.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9480 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9436, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I don’t know – maybe because you had a claimed Season Finale restricted ability that would have rendered flipping Not Chara who is doing fantatic work in the communication PT and is confirmed Town moot?
Why the hell didn't you say that before?? So the unflipped can still communicate with you until they are flipped? THAT sounds like a VERY GOOD reason to keep some players unflipped.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9481 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9439, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Not Chara's preference for lynch today is TWIE, Shiro and Creature in approximately that order.
Please ask them what they think about TWIE's action fail claim. I would very much appreciate their input on this one. Thank you.

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9482 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

@Farside : Thank you. The "including my own vote " part has never been explicitly stated before, I don't believe. So if you're not on a wagon, you can lynch one the wagon reaches 1/2 lynch rounded down so it will take 3 votes other than your own for you to hammer anyone today.

Everyone : keep this in mind when you're throwing votes around. Lynch can be at 3 votes.
@magna: I didn't bother with a claim on the lynch event because there was nothing to check. If fuzzy is town, he told the truth. If he's scum, he certainly wouldn't risk being caught out by a mass claim like that. I probably SHOULD have looked into it further, but it really wasn't a priority given the relatively small amount of data we could gain.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9483 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Creature »

I don't see how TWIE can't be lying about being a vig, he could be claiming that to explain the GS result on him.
Sigh
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9484 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9444, Creature wrote:Whoever's familiar with me knows sometimes I don't pay attention, though, they also know how to read me pretty accurately, one of these methods being comparing my game here and Wake's Role Madness.
Well, since that game is long done with I'd like you to point out the difference if you please.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9485 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9448, Creature wrote:Almost, what's your opinion on making farside22 use her extra votes on TWIE?
I'm not lynching TWIE today unless my "other head" (That's Chara) convinces me to.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9486 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Creature »

Simply my presence in the game, doesn't I look my more active there?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9487 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Creature »

Welp idk then
Sigh
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9488 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Oh, and fsrside, you asked another question, about how shiro scum makes sense with you: umm, I don't build out teams when evaluating scumminess. I might create exclusions, as in, if x is scum y is unlikely to be, etc, but beyond that I evaluate slots individually.

What about shiro makes it impossible for you to be scum together?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9489 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9471, Creature wrote:You say he could be a scum vig?
I'm saying his actin fail makes him likely Town.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #9490 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:05 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Creature is the only player besides you getting lynched today. Don’t feel the need to vote him, or even pretend to be Town?

--
In post 9445, Creature wrote:but I'm not getting lynched today and I don't want to use my ultimate defenses either. We have TWIE (and even farside22).
See this absolutely needs more votes.

Even more so when you consider the following – he has a claimed result of 4 facts on a player, 3 of which are true and 1 of which is false (according to Creature). The facts, per Xk, are:

1. An event requiring +1 stress or higher
2. NK immunity
3. Allies get “passive rewards” (whatever that means, Xk had to paraphrase)
4. Has an investigation ability to learn info on actions other players perform.

According to Xk Creature was asking them if this was a scum profile or not. But not a peep from Creature in thread about this result today. Especially to ask other players like RR / Almost / Mastin who he says are totes Town.

This is because he’s scum who isn’t actually interested in finding scum but wanted to look “Town” in his Alliance PT.

--
In post 9441, Shadow_step wrote:That's not what I said. Nobody was getting lynched today because of only two people being able to vote.
What exactly is the huge scum benefit to activate this event, they get a free kill at night.
What is the benefit for scum kraska to cancel this event? Town cred, lots of it
This event has the most utility in lylo/mylo, just activating this would give scum the win. Why was it activated so early?
It would make sense that it was planned all along for scum to activate it and then Kraska cancels it for town cred.
Well let’s tackle some of the points I need addressed –

1. Why do you assume that event was useable in LYLO/MYLO?
2. Do you think Kraska is scum? Yes or No.
3. Why do you think there has to be “Huge Scum Benefit” given the power of their other scum events (the Cluster and Remote Detonation were overpowered as hell)?

--

@Almost
– I forgot to ask earlier – did your Night action bear any fruit? I would have expected to see something from you on it but have to ask.
In post 9462, Almost50 wrote:Or maybe her vote manipulation ability allowed her to cast enough votes on her own!
Well if that’s the case we are still back to where we were before – scum are still overwhelmingly in (Creature / Shiro / Shadow / TWIE / Fuzzy) with an increased possibility of RR scum under that fact pattern.
In post 9462, Almost50 wrote:TWIE's action fail @-4 make me hesitant to vote his way.
Why? I have to ask since you would have to take TWIE’s word his actions on it 100%.
In post 9462, Almost50 wrote:Creature's too scummy to actually be scum at this point (you didn't understand the counter for defusing the Cluster you say?!
In post 9481, Almost50 wrote:Please ask them what they think about TWIE's action fail claim. I would very much appreciate their input on this one. Thank you.
I pointed her in your direction for response but she can still read the thread so just ask her questions directly :P
In post 9478, Almost50 wrote:1- My memory id failing me, but weren't you in Bloodbourne? Nahdia basically won the game for scum single handedly. Giving scum that much power is not beyond Varsoon.
No, I wasn’t in that game. I did read it and I don’t think for a second that after the post-game shitfest that went on about how Nhadia’s ability to basically strongarm lynches was stupid and made the game not really Mafia that he’d revisit that mechanic with scum so quickly.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #9491 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:06 am

In post 9489, Almost50 wrote:I'm saying his actin fail makes him likely Town.
Then again it is certainly within reason that he doesn't have a Vig power and made that up when the "Gunsmith guilty" came in on him as scum, correct?

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #9492 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Creature »

No, I decided to not talk about it because I wanted to test the possibility of my target fakeclaiming. Also didn't really trust Xk or S_S.
Sigh
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9493 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:50 am

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 9490, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Creature is the only player besides you getting lynched today. Don’t feel the need to vote him, or even pretend to be Town?
I felt a lot better about the prospect of a creature lynch before you started championing it tbh.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9494 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9490, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Almost – I forgot to ask earlier – did your Night action bear any fruit? I would have expected to see something from you on it but have to ask.
And I meant to say something but didn't know how to do it w/o outing myself, but things have changed.

The profile Creature has is mine, and the false one is #2. Creature did NOT perform an action last night.

As for me: The event is used up already (Joy Ride). The passive rewards you & RR already know about (of those living) but I suspect the whole scum team would also know since I allied with SC on E1.

The action you and RR also know about (but nobody else should have bc I told nobody except you two). It's a 1-shot ability though that gets refunded on Season Finale. It was used previously on McMenno showing he didn't "perform a HARMFUL action", while on Creature it says he "didn't perform ANY actions"

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9495 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9490, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why? I have to ask since you would have to take TWIE’s word his actions on it 100%.
I don't. I specifically said "unless he is lying to earn these specific town points". However, he does have a gun (Mastina's result on him) and he had a shot last night (unless he was blocked), so WHERE is his shot?

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9496 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 9488, Reasonably Rational wrote:Oh, and fsrside, you asked another question, about how shiro scum makes sense with you: umm, I don't build out teams when evaluating scumminess. I might create exclusions, as in, if x is scum y is unlikely to be, etc, but beyond that I evaluate slots individually.

What about shiro makes it impossible for you to be scum together?

-Cerb
Your joking.
That's some heavy bussing your accusing me over there scummy butt.
In post 9475, Randomnamechange wrote:Almost has a point. TWIE has taken decisions that make him look back if his kill didn't fail. He may not be town, but he probably isn't lying about his shot failing. He could've said that he couldn't shoot again or w/e.
He said it was only during the season finale.

Here's the issue.
He stated he was aware kills would go through when we are at -4, but he missed it was only scum kills?
That's not possible, even remotely believable.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9497 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9491, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Then again it is certainly within reason that he doesn't have a Vig power and made that up when the "Gunsmith guilty" came in on him as scum, correct?
We should've thought about THAT last night :/ I could've targeted him and found out for sure.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #9498 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:05 am

In post 9495, Almost50 wrote:I don't. I specifically said "unless he is lying to earn these specific town points". However, he does have a gun (Mastina's result on him) and
he had a shot last night
(unless he was blocked), so WHERE is his shot?
Walk me through this like I'm 5 - where is the source for the bolded ... I don't recall other than his own word about that.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #9499 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:06 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 9495, Almost50 wrote:
In post 9490, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why? I have to ask since you would have to take TWIE’s word his actions on it 100%.
I don't. I specifically said "unless he is lying to earn these specific town points". However, he does have a gun (Mastina's result on him) and he had a shot last night (unless he was blocked), so WHERE is his shot?
He said he shot me.
In post 9494, Almost50 wrote:
In post 9490, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Almost – I forgot to ask earlier – did your Night action bear any fruit? I would have expected to see something from you on it but have to ask.
And I meant to say something but didn't know how to do it w/o outing myself, but things have changed.

The profile Creature has is mine, and the false one is #2. Creature did NOT perform an action last night.

As for me: The event is used up already (Joy Ride). The passive rewards you & RR already know about (of those living) but I suspect the whole scum team would also know since I allied with SC on E1.

The action you and RR also know about (but nobody else should have bc I told nobody except you two). It's a 1-shot ability though that gets refunded on Season Finale. It was used previously on McMenno showing he didn't "perform a HARMFUL action", while on Creature it says he "didn't perform ANY actions"
The way you worded this is confusing.
Ooooooo wait harmful if the key.

Yeah I'm happy with my creature scum read.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”