Mini Normal #1838 - Game Over

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2150  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:10 pm

also, trying to NA resolve it assumes scum have no roleblocker, strong man, or similar, which is not a great gamble to take.
LUV is the correct lynch here. If you thought he was scum before the counterclaim, then nothing has changed from prior unless you think his like 2 posts he made before disappearing oozed towniness.

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2151  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:12 pm

In post 2148, Prism wrote:On my phone and don't have time to look it up right now, but how do kills work onsite? Does only one mafia perform a kill or do a majority (ex. 2/3)? If it's the former I see 0 reason for Zoronos to jailkeep Gamma if both are real. He roleblocks the cop and prevents getting a pseudoreport of his own.

In the event LUV is real I would be shocked if Zoronos or some scum wasn't a roleblocker, doc/cop is too powerful to have no way to negate. He's not real though, so there's that.


Only one mafia kills. That's why I tried to play offense last night. I had no good read on who was a likely target for the kill, so I jailed one of my top scum reads who I thought didn't have wide suspicion on them.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2152  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:13 pm

So Zoronos targeted PP and LUV targeted Dier...
@Zoronos: what were you going for?
PEdit nevermind.
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2153  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:21 pm

In post 2152, Gamma Emerald wrote:So Zoronos targeted PP and LUV targeted Dier...
@Zoronos: what were you going for?
PEdit nevermind.


>.>

Basically, I find that scum will usually *not* send their person-with-the-most-heat to do the NK, since that person is a magnet for Trackers, and if that person gets Watched doing it they have less wiggle room to pin the blame on any other incidental visitors.

At the start of the day I posted a "Here are the people that seemed to not do work last night on the lynch" list, which was basically the people I was deciding between to Jail. Between them it came down to "Boring is scummy, but if she's scum it's likely the team won't send her to do the NK because she is a high likelyhood Track" and Penguin. So I jailed Penguin.

But clearly I did not get the killer. Alas.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2154  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:23 pm

PP was actually a target of heat yesterday.
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2155  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:24 pm

Not at the end of the day, and definitely not compared to Boring.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2156  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:35 pm

Hm...
At this point out of the two I'm more inclined to believe Zoronos because Doc is such a basic role that it's really easy to fakeclaim for rolefishing, and Zoronos has utility outside of protection which is a plus.
I'm having trouble deciding here and would prefer to have everyone's input.
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Prism
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015

Post Post #2157  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:39 pm

There is 0 reason, as scum, for Zoronos to cc there when a lynch on boring was the next likely candidate (in which case she would have done it)

There is still 0 reason, as town, for LUV to plagiarize my reasoning wholesale and then say I gave "nothing to go off of".

I'm assuming Zoronos isn't dumb enough to cc his own partner and I think that's a good assumption based off the playstyle he's shown.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2158  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:40 pm

I'd still like Grendel and Dierfire's thoughts.
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Prism
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015

Post Post #2159  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:42 pm

In post 2157, Prism wrote:There is 0 reason, as scum, for Zoronos to cc there when a lynch on boring was the next likely candidate (in which case she would have done it)
To clarify, if he's scum and boring isn't, he just lets us transition. If he's scum with boring, boring is the one who should have cc'd instead. Maybe another wagon like PP could have happened instead but practically half the town wanted boring and still do.

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2160  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:01 pm

In post 2150, Zoronos wrote:also, trying to NA resolve it assumes scum have no roleblocker, strong man, or similar, which is not a great gamble to take.
LUV is the correct lynch here. If you thought he was scum before the counterclaim, then nothing has changed from prior unless you think his like 2 posts he made before disappearing oozed towniness.

I agree with you.
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

In post 2159, Prism wrote:
In post 2157, Prism wrote:There is 0 reason, as scum, for Zoronos to cc there when a lynch on boring was the next likely candidate (in which case she would have done it)
To clarify, if he's scum and boring isn't, he just lets us transition. If he's scum with boring, boring is the one who should have cc'd instead. Maybe another wagon like PP could have happened instead but practically half the town wanted boring and still do.

You've made your thoughts waaaay less clear with this statement.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2161  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:02 pm

Noooo 2159 is actually quite clear.
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2162  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:05 pm

In post 2161, Gamma Emerald wrote:Noooo 2159 is actually quite clear.

Feel free to act as his interpreter, in that case.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2163  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:23 pm

Zornos has no motivation to cc as scum. If he was scum with PP/boring he would have let his partner claim and if he was not then it was best to let the lynch slide onto PP/boring.
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2164  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:40 pm

Okay, I think I can buy that.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2165  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:44 pm

Hm. What helped?
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

podoboq
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: Indianapolis
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2166  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:48 pm

Official Vote Count 2.23
LynchingWith 11 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Lil Uzi Vert (4): Prism, Grendel, Zoronos, boring
Penguin Power (1): nn30
boring (1): Dierfire
nn30 (1): Shadow_step

Not Voting (4): Lil Uzi Vert, Gamma Emerald, implosion, PenguinPower

V/LA: Grendel


Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-30 12:31:00)
Currently looking for reviewers, a backup mod, and a flavor writer for a Magic: the Gathering flavored Large Theme. PM if interested.

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2167  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:15 pm

In post 2165, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hm. What helped?

Was this directed at me? What helped what?

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2168  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:24 pm

In post 2167, boring wrote:
In post 2165, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hm. What helped?

Was this directed at me? What helped what?

You agreed with me after my explanation. What was the problem in the first place?
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2169  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:48 pm

In post 2168, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 2167, boring wrote:
In post 2165, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hm. What helped?

Was this directed at me? What helped what?

You agreed with me after my explanation. What was the problem in the first place?

I didn't understand what he was trying to say. You said you understood it, and rephrased. I thought your version of what he said made some sense.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2170  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:54 pm

The thing is, I rephrased it in a way that doesn't directly implicate boring, and then she agreed.
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2171  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:57 pm

Okay this is bull and is basically a popularity contest. Let's look at the reasons why I'm being scum read.

1.) Activity
2.) Hammering Eager
3.) Supposedly plagiarizing

Activity is NAI. I work, go to school part-time, and have a social life. I don't have time to be on here all day and everything doesn't need to be commented on or given a response. Like I don't know if people on this site are aware of that or what but threads shouldn't be near 90 pages on Day 2.

I already stated why my read on Snake changed and why I hammered. I stated intent and gave a day before hammering to see if my theory about him asking for a no lynch was a reaction test, if he or anyone else had any reasons as to why Snake shouldn't be lynched, and/or if anyone would come around to my case on Shadow. My theory turned out to be wrong and the latter two didn't happened. I hammered and unfortunately he flipped town. If you're going to scum read me for hammering, at least give everyone else on that wagon the same sort of treatment.

Prism keeps saying that I was plagiarizing him. For the last time, looking and nitpicking are not the same thing, not even close. Even if they were, he is implying that I couldn't have him as null because I plagiarized him. Does that make sense to anyone else? Why couldn't I have had him as null because I liked this thoughts on boring? How does giving thoughts on boring make one worthy of a town read?

I can understand if I'm still seen as scummy even after this post but these are the current reasons I'm being scum read and I'm not sure why I'm being lynched over them. I know I'm town, I know I'm the doc, and I purposely decided to go under the radar to prevent what's happening now and from scum targeting me at night. Lynching me is basically throwing the game, we have it practically solved if we're still believing Gamma's claim and follow his plan he laid out. Lynch within in boring, Grendal, Penguin, and Shadow or if not lynch Zoro because that's where my vote is going to be parked on.

VOTE: Zoronos

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #2172  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:11 pm

In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Lynch within in boring, Grendal, Penguin, and Shadow or if not lynch Zoro because that's where my vote is going to be parked on.



This isn't even the correct version of Gamma's plan.

Gamma's "outside LUV / Zoro" grouping is myself, Grendel, PP, Prism, and Boring. He specifically said to leave out the likely town Shadow.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #2173  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:11 pm

@Gamma - when did Dier become a town read and why?

Prism
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015

Post Post #2174  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:15 pm

In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:looking and nitpicking are not the same thing, not even close.
Uh, yeah, sure. If you say so.
In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Even if they were, he is implying that I couldn't have him as null because I plagiarized him. Does that make sense to anyone else? Why couldn't I have had him as null because I liked this thoughts on boring? How does giving thoughts on boring make one worthy of a town read?
Was I just null though?
In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why couldn't I have had him as null because I liked this thoughts on boring? How does giving thoughts on boring make one worthy of a town read?
In post 522, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Prism - Just subbed in. Nothing to go off of.
Image

I fail to see how as town you still vehemently insist that that thought was original even when a glance makes it obvious you were influenced in some way. Not even the only reason I'm voting you anyway.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games