Mini Normal #1838 - Game Over

podoboq
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: Cincy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2175  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:23 pm

Official Vote Count 2.24
LynchingWith 11 votes in play, in takes 6 to lynch.

Lil Uzi Vert (4): Prism, Grendel, Zoronos, boring
Penguin Power (1): nn30
boring (1): Dierfire
nn30 (1): Shadow_step
Zoronos (1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting (3): Gamma Emerald, implosion, Penguin Power


Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-30 12:31:00)
Last edited by podoboq on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2176  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:28 pm

In post 2173, nn30 wrote:@Gamma - when did Dier become a town read and why?

When I stopped believing me and PP weren't behaving like buddies. However, I've never admitted this yet because of the implications it would cause.
What changed things was me claiming. Before, I felt I had to keep the pressure on as me saying he had a point was bad. Now that I've claimed, I can admit to understanding his logic without implicating myself.
I had been townreading him before the claim, but I didn't say so because I would have had to explain that I understood him. And I haven't said so until now because I was never asked.
Hopefully this is clear. If you have question just ask.
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2177  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:58 pm

In post 2172, nn30 wrote:
In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Lynch within in boring, Grendal, Penguin, and Shadow or if not lynch Zoro because that's where my vote is going to be parked on.



This isn't even the correct version of Gamma's plan.

Gamma's "outside LUV / Zoro" grouping is myself, Grendel, PP, Prism, and Boring. He specifically said to leave out the likely town Shadow.


Yeah I tweaked it some.

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2178  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:59 pm

In post 2172, nn30 wrote:
In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Lynch within in boring, Grendal, Penguin, and Shadow or if not lynch Zoro because that's where my vote is going to be parked on.



This isn't even the correct version of Gamma's plan.

Gamma's "outside LUV / Zoro" grouping is myself, Grendel, PP, Prism, and Boring. He specifically said to leave out the likely town Shadow.

In post 2174, Prism wrote:
In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:looking and nitpicking are not the same thing, not even close.
Uh, yeah, sure. If you say so.
In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Even if they were, he is implying that I couldn't have him as null because I plagiarized him. Does that make sense to anyone else? Why couldn't I have had him as null because I liked this thoughts on boring? How does giving thoughts on boring make one worthy of a town read?
Was I just null though?
In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why couldn't I have had him as null because I liked this thoughts on boring? How does giving thoughts on boring make one worthy of a town read?
In post 522, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Prism - Just subbed in. Nothing to go off of.
Image

I fail to see how as town you still vehemently insist that that thought was original even when a glance makes it obvious you were influenced in some way. Not even the only reason I'm voting you anyway.


:facepalm:

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2179  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Anything to say for yourself LUV?
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2180  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:10 pm

In post 2170, Gamma Emerald wrote:The thing is, I rephrased it in a way that doesn't directly implicate boring, and then she agreed.

The thing is, I didn't understand what he was saying, and you explained. I didn't see any implication in his statement because I didn't understand his statement.

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2181  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:20 pm

Honestly, I think Prism's copy-cat thing seems a little petty to be the main issue leading to a primary scum read. I've thought LUV was scum most of the game thus far, and I've been glad for the company on his wagon, but I wish Prism was a little less near-sighted with his reasoning.

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2182  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:24 pm

In post 2179, Gamma Emerald wrote:Anything to say for yourself LUV?


No, I said what I had to say.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2183  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:25 pm

OK
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
That facepalm seals it.
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2184  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Really, the facepalm is what sold you?

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2185  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:30 pm

Are you even looking at what I'm saying? I'm saying even if I were, as in I wasn't but if I were.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2186  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:36 pm

In post 2184, Zoronos wrote:Really, the facepalm is what sold you?

Yes. Why facepalm in reaction to evidence being presented if you are innocent? It indicates he is giving up.
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2187  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:42 pm

Because he's restating the same thing I've pointed out as being false.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2188  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:44 pm

Okay he's not giving up. I still feel he is scum it's just the facepalm is NAI.
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #2189  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:27 pm

Gamma - can you link me to when LUV got mislynched previously? I remember you saying something about it happening in the last game you were in with him.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2190  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:35 pm

Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

Grendel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2191  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:19 pm

Uhh, you guys totally spent the last three pages jumping at shadows. Scum want to claim a strong PR that isn't directly provable to deter potential lynches for the purpose of survival.

The cop had claimed, so the next logical step is to grab onto a protective role.

Just lynch LUV already.

Grendel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2192  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 pm

Oh, and JailKeeper + Cop makes way more sense then Doctor +Cop.

With two town aligned aesthetics I don't see scum getting a strong-arm kill.

Grendel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2193  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:24 pm

In post 2049, podoboq wrote:
In post 2047, Grendel wrote:@Mod I'm going to be out of action until Wednesday evening. So I guess that's V/LA for like 48+ hours?
Noted. Please make sure to mark yourself V/LA via your User Control Panel as well. In the future, bold this in the thread to make sure I see it.


Thanks for the tip.

I actually was sure how the whole V/LA stuff worked up until now.

I'm back too btw. :)

Dierfire
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 17, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2194  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:29 pm

I believe the claim from Zoronos with a fair degree of certainty (it makes him at least as likely to be Town as Shadow_step).
I disbelieve the claim from Lil Uzi Vert for a few reasons. First, as Zoronos becomes more likely to be Town, my confidence in POE from earlier increases, which makes Lil Uzi Vert more likely to be Mafia at baseline. Second, the vote for Zoronos makes more sense from a Mafia player who claimed Doctor than from an actual Town Doctor (the latter has little reason to suspect that a Mafia player wants him lynched immediately rather than killed by Night, particularly at the cost of countering the claim).
I could think of two potential reasons to leave Lil Uzi Vert alive. First, if if Lil Uzi Vert is actually a Town Doctor, it would potentially allow Gamma Emerald another action. However, I'm inclined to think that the combination of Doctor and Cop, besides being rare, would likely have a Mafia role to counter this interaction. Therefore I think that this is not a good reason to leave Lil Uzi Vert alive. It does open one other long shot; if we lynch a player who flips with a role like Mafia Strongman or Mafia Roleblocker, the Doctor claim would be much more believable.

CUT: I hadn't factored in the Ascetic roles, which I suppose would be a weak version of a Strongman kill (allows the Mafia to kill certain players regardless of protection, but isn't much help if they want to lynch those players and/or kill other players).

Dierfire
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 17, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2195  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:29 pm

@Zoronos
In post 2075, Zoronos wrote:I was making parts of a case D1, though it never got far enough along to be something I was really happy with. What do you think of what I was writing back them?


As I recall, you made the point that boring had a weird read on Shadow_step in ; I found this the most compelling reason of all those given for suspicion of boring when I did my review in . Somehow I seem to have missed your . In that post, you also make the point that boring wasn't focusing much on PenguinPower after she cast a vote in , which I find true. You extended this into a more general impression that boring was not strongly advocating for her favored wagons, which I also find true. I've already discussed why I didn't find her flip onto eagerSnake suspicious after Shadow_step countered the claim.

Grendel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2196  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 pm

My town read on nn30 is taking a considerable hit.

Boring is now town. Zoronos is prob town.

I need to revaluate Deirfire in the near future. Me wanting him to be town doesn't make in more likely to be town.

Also I apologize to Zoro, and Penguin. I think I may have come across as ruder then I should have the other day. I was in a bad mood. :oops:

I think that's all I have to say tonight. If you ppls have any big change in your reads it'd be great if you could post then before EoD is over.

Pre edit: I did nuat hit her I did nuat...Oh hai Deir.

Dierfire
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: February 17, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2197  (ISO)  » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:06 pm

@Grendel
Oh hi Mark!
(Hilarious film)

@Lil Uzi Vert
Your vote for Zoronos is fairly bad. I could perhaps be persuaded that it's wise to defer a decision on your lynch today, but I'd need a good lynch option and Zoronos is not that.

implosion
Polymath

 
User avatar
Joined: September 09, 2010
Location: zoraster's back yard
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2198  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:18 am

In post 2171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Lynching me is basically throwing the game, we have it practically solved if we're still believing Gamma's claim and follow his plan he laid out.

This is preeeeeetty false. The game is not "solved" in the case where we just had most of our town power claim all at the same time and we have one mislynch and 0 scum lynches.

This all just reads as flaily.

Not gonna hammer right now (I might later if I feel like it) but I don't really have any problems with luv dying today at this point. I think he's very probably scum.

PenguinPower
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2199  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:09 am

VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert

He's flailing.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games