Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #19 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Hey there,

I'm pretty busy this weekend so I might not be much better than Slandaar until Sunday, but I'll do what I can. Just a heads up on my style as scum: I don't really like to take the lead, instead I prefer angling for a good position. In particular, I do not like to be the one bussing ever.

Still need to catch up on things (Only up to page 12) but I'll likely unvote boring next post, in the event I do keep it I will keep the arguments relatively ineloquent as to be genuine but unconvincing so as to keep them on the path to a mislynch.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Prism »

Not a problem I'm excited to play, let's rock and roll. I think Zoronos/nn30 are going to be borderline unlynchable but the rest of the game seems vulnerable. I'm probably just going to sit on my implosion vote for the remainder of the day and spin accordingly.

@LUV just a heads up that you should expect me to post this at some point, not today but in future days:
In post 488, Prism wrote:In the meantime I'm going to VOTE: boring whose #196 left me wondering if she was trying to find inconsistencies or trying to find scum.
In post 522, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don't know how to put my feelings about her [boring] into the words but I can't shake this vibe from her. I think it's mainly her vote on Zoro, which read more to me as nitpicking about inconsistencies rather than looking for scum.
In post 522, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Prism - Just subbed in. Nothing to go off of.
How is it that, as town, you read someone's first post and agree with it to the point of borderline plagiarism, then consider that "nothing to go off of?

The wording will likely change depending on context but you get the gist. It doesn't appear anyone else noticed it so you likely won't have to worry about it for awhile. I think everyone's doing a good job so far and that we're on track.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #24 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Prism »

I haven't played forum mafia in approximately 5 years now so I can't really know how well my style translates.

I'm fine in whatever stage it's just not my preferred.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #27 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Prism »

I would not at all be surprised if one is a third party.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Looking around it doesn't look like third parties are that common in Normals leaving me with a ?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #33 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:09 am

Post by Prism »

I would say that's a pretty good idea, it would make a lot of sense with the ascetics.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #34 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Prism »

You're going to be forced to claim pretty soon, I hate to pressure you but if that lynch goes through we're sunk, I think there'll be way too many obvious towns after you flip to really salvage it minus a hail mary.

Originally I was going to vote you but I don't think that's the best angle for me to take right now.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #37 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Prism »

I think it's exceedingly dangerous to do so but I'm trying to balance my push on Implosion while making it clear that if I don't get enough biters I will vote Eager.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #41 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm going to hammer sit, I do not think at all that we can afford to lose you Day 1 but I can't afford to do much more rallying. If Eager does wind up lynched, though, I want to be the one to hammer it.

Given what you said here:
I think we've had quite enough role claims for Day 1, but suffice it to say that I find it very, very unlikely that we have two ascetics. That is, unless the mod is a sadist. I also think it would be absolutely pointless for there to be a mafia ascetic. That is, unless things are far more complex than they appear from my point of view.
it'll be difficult to sell a Neopolitan claim. I'd start shopping around for a role that would make you doubt two ascetics would be in play.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #42 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:15 pm

Post by Prism »

Just a heads up I'm going to transition to pressuring LUV more today, it'll make for good distancing regardless of who actually winds up lynched. It's clear I can't get implosion like I want today.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #44 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Prism »

Problem with the neopolitan claim is that you explicitly said "I think it would be pointless for there to be a mafia ascetic" when one town one mafia would make a lot of sense were you Neopolitan. They can't both be mafia-either they're both town or one is mafia. Two town plus a town neopolitan is what makes little sense. Motion Detector can work, there's a lot of them.

If a stronger investigative role counterclaims you that'd be one of the best case scenarios we could get out of it I think. Claiming is your last resort-at that point we're taking what we can get.
By the way, do you think it's necessary to pretend to go after LUV at this point? We don't want it to look like you're trying to rescue me.
I'm not going to do it too much but it's basically my gift to LUV in the event I go down with you. Me pressuring the third scum won't really seem very likely. As far as reducing my own chance of being lynched for trying to rescue you, I'm already very far down that rabbit hole with the eager vote+implosion push. If I get lynched for it it's going to happen anyway.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #47 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm pretty safe right now, I agree, I'm even townread by several-the worry is that we need to get a total of 3 mislynches, minimum, to win. I can definitely get one, two is questionable, three seems exceedingly difficult. I'm town, but I'm the least town of the towns.

After you get lynched, it will be incredibly hard to lynch any of Shadow, Maria, Implosion, nn30, Zoronos, or Eager. That leaves us with 3 of Gamma/PP/Dierfire/Grendel to go. Today's our chance to make Eager happen and I want it pretty badly.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #49 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Prism »

If you need to replace out, I would say replace out the next day and explain that you've gotten too busy rather than just silently night replacing (and maybe include a line like "For my replacement, my final reads are as follows..." at the end).

Up to you, whatever you feel most comfortable with. I think you're doing fine.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #51 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Prism »

I think that post declaring intent to hammer was a mistake.

He also had already claimed.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #55 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Great job everybody, really glad we made it theough that.

Despite being a likely PR, Shadow is an asset, so I'd keep him around. He's very, very off track and is lynchable given a few key town deaths.

Implosion is never getting lynched and is a solid kill, but doing so also implicates you and to a lesser extent helps Shadow. This makes him a great Neo target.

Zoronos death implies scum is outside you (well, moreso than others anyway) but he's also offtrack and lynchable.

Nn30 isn't getting lynched and is never quite on the right track. I say we keep him and maybe Neo him another night if you're still around.

Dier, PP, Gamma, and Grendel are obviously not our kill choices for tonight.

Maria, on the other hand, currently has 5 correct townreads (not including herself) and is going to he spectacularly hard to get lynched if/when you flip scum. If left alive she is practically guaranteed to deathtunnel you and win.

In my opinion, she needs to go ASAP. She's going to be a nightmare to get lynched and chances are she's not misvoting more than once max.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #63 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Prism »

Who do we want to perform the kill?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #64 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Prism »

Oh, me. Sure.

Prism
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #65 (isolation #17) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Prism »

That didn't happen.

Kill: Implosion
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #66 (isolation #18) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Prism »

GODDAMNIT NO

Kill: MariaR

Holy shit what am I doing.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #67 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Prism »

It took me literally 4 posts to get the kill right, that's humiliating.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #77 (isolation #20) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Prism »

Alright that's the hardest I'm going on anyone today, I'm just going to dick around for the rest of the day and watch them mislynch Gamma or come to the correct conclusion on LUV and roll from there Day 3.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #79 (isolation #21) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh yeah that was fine. I was just saying that inaction is better than action for me right now. Only way I'm getting more town from here is to get a scum lynched and obviously I don't want that. I'm just going to hope they mislynch and play the "Why don't people listen to me?" card
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #87 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Prism »

I'll be pretty inactive until Sunday, my apologies as I got unexpectedly busy. I'll respond about our interactions later.

Really sorry about this.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #97 (isolation #23) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:11 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm playing for LyLo now but I would say it's important not to be too clean, lest I be expected to die earlier. I'd prefer a lynch on Zoronos over either of you, especially boring, today and despite my vote will be pursuing lines of conversation in that direction.

It's also critical that you
pretend that I am not the scum going to LyLo
. Attempts to distance from me or mislead can have the opposite effect if seen through.

In particular, LUV, I think you should avoid addressing me or even mentioning me for the rest of the day. If you go down, I can spin it later as you wanting to avoid a losing 1v1 with me by ignoring me and hoping no one else follows me.

That said, I think there's a long list of people more worth killing at every stage, but it's important to keep in mind.

Implosion is a clear waiting to happen, the report's out and Gamma will one day flip, so he's a sunk cost. He dies either tonight or the next night.

Big question to keep in mind for tonight is whether or not to keep Gamma. Implosion is a town clear waiting to happen (Can't undo a Gamma report and some day Gamma will flip) and is a lot more on track than any other town right now, making him a safe kill. On the other hand killing Gamma just eats that cost early and gives no other reports.

If we leave him alive, we're running a lot of risk for a chance at a mislynch at him. A report on me is unlikely but loses us the game. A report on boring is devastating even if she wins the cc. A report on LUV means we left him alive for nothing. We can get him lynched if he gives a town report, but ones on Zoronos/PenguinPower would be devastating and ones on Grendel/Dierfire still undesirable. So far I'd lean that we should kill him.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #98 (isolation #24) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Prism »

As for boring, as far as interacting with me goes, I think you should go on the opposite end of LUV.

I think you should play as if you're the one going to LyLo, but if you want to leave me something to use if/when you flip scum later, I think you should be pretty persistent in responding to me as if I were town in need of convincing that I should follow your read or that my uncertainty about you should be dispersed. You don't have to overdo it, I'm having a hard time describing what I'm envisioning, but maybe just 2-3 sentences trying to persuade me of something every so many posts. A good, subtle thing to do would not to issue a frustrated response to me (and not to be the one to mention it) as I voiced my displeasure with it in my recent post. I can use it later to cite it, and the persuasion earlier, as you trying to get me on your side and changing your behavior accordingly. These also set up a good potential for me to switch off of you if we ever get to a 5/6 person MyLo situation and someone else thinks you're town.

This works in reverse as well. If I flip scum it makes little sense to spend so much time trying to earnestly persuade your partner of anything. It was just a wrong townread.

These are just my thoughts on the course of the game but I've been pretty absent and may not have the best grasp of the game, I'm not trying to be a scum dictator. You're both doing great and we've made a good recovery from the dire straits of earlier.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #99 (isolation #25) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 97, Prism wrote:That said, I think there's a long list of people more worth killing at every stage, but it's important to keep in mind.
You can pretend this sentence isn't there, it's from a prior draft whose context is long since gone.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #100 (isolation #26) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Prism »

Well, two people asked me to point them in the right direction on LUV

It's time to give them the runaround, finish my wall of a project read on Zoronos tomorrow along with a throwaway pointer halfway through to #1686 and #1689 which aren't fleshed out enough for anyone to really find very convincing, and then actually explain it later if appropriate.

Here's hoping for Zoro or PP.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #110 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Prism »

First Gamma now Zoronos. Why does everyone lynchable have to be a PR? I want to scream.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #113 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Prism »

Everyone wants to switch to boring post-LUV wagon and I'm sitting here like "Yeah let's get her!" but in reality I'm more like

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #116 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by Prism »

The name of the game is "How badly can they manage to fuck this one up?" because this is town's game to lose.

Implosion/Zoronos are ready to take the game and go home. Until they're both dead me/boring are both in a lot of danger, and that won't be for at least three more nights.

If Zoronos jails right tonight we're fucked. I really want to kill Implosion over Zoronos N3 but I doubt we'll be able to afford it-a scum lynch Day 3 or Day 4 gives town a guaranteed clear at best, the last scum on a platter at worst.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #123 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Prism »

We hit Gamma here. Zoronos will not jail Gamma as this gives town no information (It's an even number of players and thus town wants a night death) and leaves them negative at worst (Zoronos dies and blocked Gamma in the process)

Therefore he will jail outside. If he jails correctly, regardless of who we kill, they will get a cop report and a confirmed scum via jailblock no matter what. We can't control that. So assuming he jails incorrectly, if we kill him they still get a cop report, versus if we kill Gamma they only have the jail information (useless as two mafia-he could have just jailed the wrong one)

We must also kill Zoronos N3 regardless of who is lynched tomorrow. If only one scum is left, the player jailed the night he dies is clear. He will announce his jail publicly beforehand. WIFOMing a no kill to get a mislynch is possible N3, but at some point he will have to be killed (and town therefore granted a clear in a one scum scenario)

Note that in the event one of us WIFOMs with a no kill to get a mislynch, we are forced to kill the next night or else we give them a mislynch for free. Think of it as though you got a lynch on MYLO and then no killed-it's the same thing, but with different # of mislynches remaining.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #124 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Prism »

I feel like we shouldn't neo PP. We don't really care too much if he's a PR. He's the major alternative lynch to you-if you're successful Day 2 he'll be forced to claim anyway. Even if he is a PR who's not forced to claim he won't be immune like Zoro and Shadow, and we already know Zoro is whi we need to kill N3.

We already know what Gamma/Zoro/Shadow/Implosion are. We know we don't want PP. That leaves nn30, Dierfire, and Grendel. I think all three are pretty good neo targets, my first instinct would be to neo Grendel but that's just instinct-I've barely read any of yhe three.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #128 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Prism »

You're right and I was just running through the permutations.

I agree that me making the night kill is probably our best best.

Kill: Gamma Emerald

As far as the Neo target goes that was just my first instinct-if you think nn30 is better I'll trust your judgment as I haven't much thought into it.

Shadow is at least going to 5 way and probably to 3 way, maybe Dierfire would make it instead depending on how his read on me grows.

I'm probably just going to claim either VT, depending on how many other PR claims we have it might be a good idea for me to claim One Shot Bulletproof.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #129 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:40 am

Post by Prism »

We need 3 mislynches to win, and I agree that 2 of those mislynches are PenguinPower and Grendel. The third is really up in the air.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #136 (isolation #34) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Prism »

The ball's in your court today, you're honorary scum leader. I'm running a risk with that vote on you, I had a much larger case but it's obviously not a good idea to go ham on you here. My post is just enough so that no one can claim I wasn't pushing you, and no more beyond that. My goal for the day is to let you parry that and hopefully get a Grendel/nn30 lynch instead as I've left room open for myself to vote outside you.

Implosion's entrance is what makes or breaks the day, if he agrees with me and tries to wagon you (which seems likely based off his scumread prior) we'll be in a bad spot. If he doesn't and goes on anyone else, even me, we'll be golden for quite awhile. I'll throw my weight in a different direction if I need to.

Shadow continues to pay dividends.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #137 (isolation #35) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh holy shit they're both at L-2 this is great, come on Implosion.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #138 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Any other pushing on you I'll do I'll be sure to keep simple and place in the middle of a wall so that no one will actually read it until I go back and quote it. Any pushing on anyone else I'll put somewhere more prominent in the posts, ie. beginning, end, or their own.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #140 (isolation #37) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Prism »

Implosion's smelled blood, oh lord.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #141 (isolation #38) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Prism »

I might finish my long-promised ISO on Dierfire early because god knows we can't afford Zoronos giving town another clear. I can handle all of Dier/PP/Grendel but I really,
really
don't want to go against nn30 at any point. I've gone too far in in my townread on him.

Shadow is going to have to be one of the mislynches if you go down today.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #144 (isolation #39) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Prism »

I'd keep the interactions with the unconfirmed towns pretty minimal-if you want to implicate nn30, any convincing should be aimed primarily at implosion (ie. like a paragraph each). I wouldn't appeal more than a short sentence or two to nn30.

If you really want to help clear me further, the answer is probably to give less attitude rather than more. Having a post, friendly in tone, 1-2 paragraphs long basically being like, "Hey Prism, I don't know for sure but I'm leaning that you're town because of this, and if you are this is a really bad situation that's just going to lead to a mislynch, thing is I'm town too so let's go to couples counseling, I think you're off track, I realize the LUV lynch doesn't make me 100% town, but I really didn't have to do that, I think we should go on _ or _ instead. Sorry for being snappy earlier, I know it's not helping" would be nice. Simultaneously, don't overdo it and overact.

The intuition behind this is that scum need the votes of their partners less. Giving me attitude is interacting with me for the sake of doing it-you're either dismissing me hoping no one will listen or interacting with me for the sake of it. We want to make it seem the former.

Imagine a hypothetical world in which I'm town and you're scum with someone else. You're seeing me tunneling you, and people are coming around and starting to listen. The snappy dismissals aren't working, and you're not confident in your partner's ability to carry the game without you, so you're really trying to live, and that requires not getting in a shitflinging fest with town-me, especially not that people are coming around. Scumreading me and trying to get me lynched is kind of suicidal at this juncture (and, outside of our hypothetical, just makes it look even more like distancing). At the same time, townreading me full-on just kind of seals your fate and removes your options. You've got to work your way out of this one somehow-and this is my suggestion for how this hypothetical scenario would look.

Again, a suggestion as always, you've still done great and we've gotten unfortunate on many levels.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #145 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 144, Prism wrote:Giving me attitude is either trying to dismiss me and hope no one follows, or interacting with me for the sake of doing it-you're either dismissing me hoping no one will listen or interacting with me for the sake of it. We want to make it seem the former.
EBWOP
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #146 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by Prism »

Also, on the bright side, Grendel is paving the way for a mislynch on him followed by a mislynch on Shadow.

On the downside, Zoronos is going to get a jail, and I hope and pray to god he doesn't announce it.

If at any point you're granted the chance to quickhammer, I'd do it depending on who it is. It's definitely a worthwhile trade (ex. think how much better we'd be off if we'd have had LUV quickhammer Gamma vs. hoping he dodged a lynch he wound up not being able to)
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #148 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Prism »

Will do so.

If you want a claim, I would either claim bulletproof (One shot, but idk if you'd have any incentive to out that as town) or VT.

BP makes sense as town to balance out JK (throws uncertainty as to why kill failed) and there's a chance you'll draw a cc. If you do, I can spin it to be either a preplanned fakeclaim (as there's daychat) or claim it myself on a consecutive day.

If there is a bulletproof in the game it would likely be Grendel.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #151 (isolation #43) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:34 pm

Post by Prism »

I've left myself options, I've got a lot of time after 6 PM EST tomorrow so I should be able to put out some quality content.

This game is hard as fuck.

At least we're rolling in $$$ scum cash money from not killing Shadow.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #152 (isolation #44) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by Prism »

Man, I really, REALLY want to claim BP but at this point I am scared to death of Grendel being it. There's one in this game, and it's Grendel, I can feel it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #155 (isolation #45) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Was flopping to Grendel a mistake?

Possibly.

Is it better than Zoronos getting a jail with a solo scum in play?

Yes.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #156 (isolation #46) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:35 pm

Post by Prism »

And yeah you're right the game is a lot of fun, I never really mind if it ends in a loss, especially if it winds up being very close. It's fun to see your limits.

You've played this really well in recent days by the way so great job!

That said, this game is a mountain right now that I'm eventually going to have to climb solo. It's not a sprint. It's a long, arduous journey uphill with dangerous heights and tricky navigations galore. There are checkpoints along the way and the climb gets increasingly harder after each, and if my ego gets in the way or I get complacent, or do the equivalent of tossing a bag of food off the side by letting Zoro have his jail, my chance of scaling it goes down significantly.

It's a mountain all right, and I'm taking it one rock at a time.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #159 (isolation #47) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm likely going to claim VT as well, I'm very wary of town having another non-VT role of some sort, so the BP claim is still up for grabs if you want it, it's just mildly risky. Even/Odd Night Commuter is also a good claim (Though I doubt there's incentive to out which as town). We can't afford for me to get trapped in a cc with anyone here.

I also wouldn't quickhammer ever at this juncture even if it wins a mislynch. You're not as closed to being lynched, if you hammer it confirms that you're confident in your partner getting a back to back mislynch. We don't want that.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #160 (isolation #48) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Prism »

Shadow didn't put himself in the list. He might be more than just ascetic. I townread him so I don't want to point it out. Can you do it?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #161 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:37 am

Post by Prism »

Oh god a deputy too.

Why, Podoboq, why?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #162 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Prism »

Me claiming VT over BP is likely a mistake but too late now. I probably could have gotten a mislynch on PP with it and leave you with one more to go.

The amount of town power in this is pretty insane, the cop/deputy+jailkeeper combo is ridiculous. We kill Zoronos tonight imo, in an ideal world PP investigates you tonight and you 1v1 tomorrow. If he guilties me at least we probably get a mislynch out of it. We don't want anymore innocents. Killing PP and having you lynched tomorrow gives them a report anyway, so we might as well try and get something out of it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #164 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Prism »

In post 163, boring wrote:Anyway, I don't see how we'd have much choice but to kill penguin first. That is, if I live today. Every day that he gets another conf. town or another conf. scum is another disadvantage. Zoronos at least likes us both, and so it less likely to target us for jailkeeping. Then again, what do you think are the chances that he'd keep penguin tonight?
I don't think jailing PP is the move as scum here. I'm going to assume we get Grendel lynched today.

If we kill PP tonight the game is left with the following state going into Day 4:

Unclears:
-Prism
-boring
-Dierfire
-nn30
-Shadow

Clears:
-Zoronos
-Implosion

Town has a mislynch. If either of us gets lynched, town gets a report via Zoronos jailkeep. That means we'd have to 1. Not get hit by the Zoronos jailkeep 2. Lynch both of Shadow+whichever of nn30/Dierfire he doesn't jail. Post Grendel flip I think it's highly likely that one of us gets lynched over anyone else, because it's implosion's town and he's out for your blood. I get the impression he has the feeling that I'm scum but can't really seem to put a handle on why. Either way, I doubt we're getting a mislynch in this hypothetical day.

If we kill Zoronos tonight instead of PP, the state of the game is:

Unclears:
-Prism
-boring
-Dierfire
-PP
-nn30
-Shadow

Clears:
-Implosion
-Possibly PP's innocent.

Here, PP will either clear one of nn30/Dierfire, or guilty one of us. If he guilties one of us, we can 1v1 him and try to get a mislynch, and town doesn't get an extra clear. If he outs an innocent on PP/Dierfire, that was probably happening anyway, but we still have the chance of mislynching PP. ie. We have to lynch 2/3 of PP/notreport/Shadow rather than 2/2 of notreport/Shadow.

On the flipside, the jailclear can be justified by claiming there's a mafia strongman, so town might not consider it a clear. It's a really tough choice tonight.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #165 (isolation #52) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Prism »

In post 164, Prism wrote:I don't think jailing PP is the move as Zoro here
EBWOP
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #168 (isolation #53) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Prism »

I really, REALLY should have claimed BP here.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #169 (isolation #54) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Post by Prism »

Implosion scumreading me has been something I've been expecting all day, I just didn't think he could really justify it intrinsically and thus kept it quiet. I was right, but now he's going to 3 way guaranteed, and he's verbalized it and confirmed my intuition, and that's not a good thing.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #174 (isolation #55) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Prism »

Sorry I've been a ghost the past few days. I think the Dierfire lynch is a good thing but I don't want to be seen on it. I don't think my most recent post pushing Grendel is too risky, him getting lynched over DF is probably a good thing.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #177 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Prism »

It's fine if they lynch me tomorrow-DF is almost certainly next if they do. In my opinion we kill PP next and leave Zoronos for town to start doubting him/Shadow down the line when Implosion is gone.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #180 (isolation #57) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Prism »

Man I just read through my ISO and it's hilarious, I have no idea why I'm being townread. This is awful scumplay on my end even if we did get unlucky on the PR flips.

I'm not really sure who should make the kill tonight, I need to think on it more. Good job surviving through another day!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #182 (isolation #58) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh yeah we're killing PP-question is who does it. I'm inclined to think Zoro will jail nn30 or Dierfire. However, I can definitely see him deciding to test out his read on me given the Grendel flip and Implosion and Grendel's expressed doubts on me. Simultaneously, he may decide to sheep implosion and jail you. Right now I'm of the opinion that you're less likely to be blocked but I really need to think about it more. What do you think?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #183 (isolation #59) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Prism »

And yeah I've definitely talked some smack here, and I did so knowing Shadow will eventually read it and thinking he needed an ego check. (Assuming we offer up our PT, which is fine with me) Admittedly unnecessary, but seeing his current attitude even after he's been called out now multiple times doesn't make me feel bad at all. I had something typed up but I don't want to kick him when he'll be down having seen the flips. I'll save my patronizing/old person bullshit/hypocritical speech on the values of humility and cooperation for the postgame. I mean, he's probably going to win, and I'm not, and that's something.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #191 (isolation #60) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Prism »

Yeah, I think that's for the best.

I don't think I should give you towncred as by PoE your chance of being scum just shot up significantly, especially given I townread nn30 and can't feasibly walk it back.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #195 (isolation #61) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Prism »

I have no idea how any of the town have dealt with Shadow, if I was nn30 I probably would have replaced out already. It's tempting enough right now, I can barely take it and he's not even on my team. It's like having a 20 kg boulder on your back during a hike, except even worse because this one screams and condescends to you the entire time. Inevitably, when implosion and nn30 finally manage to drop the boulder off at the top of Mt. Mini 1838, my posts both here and there are going to be cited as frustrating scum with mad skillz despite my sincerity.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #196 (isolation #62) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by Prism »

Scratch that, that post is mean and childish, I need to ditch my own arrogance and stay focused on the game rather than let Shadow drag me down to the depths of ego hell with him.

Finding humor instead of anger is a hell of a coping mechanism and I need to use it more.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #197 (isolation #63) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:04 pm

Post by Prism »

Nope, I take it back, I can't do it, Shadow is too much. I can't. I'm sorry but I can't.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #198 (isolation #64) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Prism »

Okay I've calmed down again, I'm being pretty petty so my apologies for being all over the place, eyes on the prize, it's just a game.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #201 (isolation #65) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Prism »

I was being really childish so there's no real excuse for it.

Anyway, I think we've done about all we can do. It would take me flipping on the turbo reversal and coming out of the blue and townreading you and trying to get nn30 powerlynched for us to really have a shot, but that's already pretty much throwing the game. I'm forced to just vote you here and hope they fuck up along the way, which is unlikely-there's a good chance of me getting jailed tomorrow night into autoloss.

The game and the setup were both very good, and I really appreciate you @Podo
. We just got a combination of unlucky and outplayed. I didn't claim BP when I should have, we maybe should have had someone quickhammer Gamma, we hit a VT N1, and we didn't plan on so many of our goal lynches turning out to be unlynchable (Gamma, Implosion, PP) which resulted in us coming up one/two lynches short. Gamma's N1 investigation of Implosion was the perfect choice, and Implosion has played fabulously to go with it. Deputy was a fine final role (what with the two ascetics and all) but it was the nail in the coffin. We simply haven't been able to out-towntell people like Shadow and nn.

Shadow's replacement is hilarious, 3/3 on Day 1. I definitely got what I deserved for making Shadow replace out. This is why I shouldn't let my ego get in the way of things.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #202 (isolation #66) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by Prism »

To be honest though yeah at this juncture this game for us is like watching your dog slowly die of incurable disease, limping and whining all the way, and never having the mercy to put them down.

I'm sure it'll be a very rewarding win for town if they can finish the job though-they've definitely earned it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #203 (isolation #67) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh god those Excel notes I'm definitely getting my just desserts here, where's the white flag?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #204 (isolation #68) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Prism »

He gave those in 30 minutes so I can't even imply he faked them
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #206 (isolation #69) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh I'm not conceding no worries! That was never a real consideration-I was speaking figuratively. I'm not denying them their moment and yes, there is still a chance they blow it. I may be mentally waving the flag but I'm physically going down with the ship.

I've always acted under the assumption it would be released, I have nothing to remove. The only clarification I have to make is that my Shadow shots early on were before I actually got frustrated and before he got called out publicly, and were made with the "Needs an ego check postgame" point in mind. It wound up that we got into quite a tussle and public debate about that, making them very overboard after the fact. Their interpretation changes given the multiple callouts and scuffles that happened afterwards-I never expected to actually get into it with him, they were intended as a moral of the story for why not to act arrogant to be reflected on postgame.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #207 (isolation #70) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:05 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 2915, nn30 wrote:For the record, Dier's defense felt a lot like 'yeah, a lot of that is accurate and kind of looks bad. Here's an alternate explanation for everything that I have an alternate explanation for.'

As a result, I'm dialing back my scum read on him.

I'd like to lynch Boring and then discuss options after her flip.

P-edit: Okay! Thanks Dier.
In post 2917, nn30 wrote:VOTE: boring
In post 2924, implosion wrote:Finally people speaking my language...

I justified nn-town in .

VOTE: boring
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #208 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Unfortunately I think the best play here for me is to just bus and hope they fuck up with speculation of a scum strongman, switching to DF if somehow the opportunity arises. Looking at the players not voting, there's not really 5 left to throw on DF. Anything else I do I'm just straightforward claiming mafia with you.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #209 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by Prism »

Basically right now I'm being forced to play into near autoloss. Any other move gets Implosion deathtunneling me because he's been wary of me (obviously correctly) all game. It's like a siege where I'm looking for a chance to break out. I've felt for a long time he's scumread me but couldn't really justify it enough to pursue, defending you would be raising up the portcullis and giving him the castle.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #212 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Prism »

I feel pretty bad that BlackVoid thinks my replacement attempt was about Shadow's reads. I was upset with Shadow way, way before he was on anything resembling the right track. It had everything to do with him finding a new way to demean and shame other players in every post, especially nn, and nothing to do with his reads. I even agreed with him publicly that his post on it being 2/3 of me/you/Dier was a great one, the best of his all game.

I want to give a statement saying "Hey, look, I'd do this as scum too", but it'll read as a preemptive apology for being scum (and it would be). I was happy for Shadow when he finally came to the right conclusion-I was frustrated because of the treatment of other players, not so much myself. It was never my intent to abuse this for towncred or to deny him a victorious moment. In truth, being scum is the only thing that made me not try to replace out significantly earlier.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #213 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Prism »

Also, you should consider getting on at an unusual time and selfhammering so that Zoronos can't out a jail before Podo posts the flip.

Podoboq typically checks the thread very early in the US morning, check his ISO to see the timegaps. We want 0 time in between the hammer and the flip so that Zoronos cannot out the jail.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #214 (isolation #75) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Post by Prism »

Looking at Zoronos's posts, he has a pretty wide range, from 9 AM EST to 4 AM EST. There's not much of a pattern later in the day. That said, he's never posted earlier than 9 AM EST on a weekday. He seems to occasionally check it at around 12:20 PM EST, but never really in the 1-2 hours before.

Podoboq seems to check the thread every day at about at about 8:30 AM, but it seems inconsistent. However, he very consistently checks the thread from 11:20-12:30 PM EST.

My impression, it seems like the best times to selfhammer is first and foremost ~11:20 AM EST, followed by either ~8:30 AM EST, or anytime you see that he's online (good times are about 9 PM-11 PM EST). If you can't make any of those it's okay, I get you since it's just a game and you can't really take too much time out of your

The last thing I would request is that you say you are town in your selfhammer post but that you are tired of the tunnels and that you hope people will reevaluate the game (
not any specific read
) when you're gone. I would not mention any specific players. My thinking for this is so that 1. Even if Zoronos sees you selfhammer, he might buy your townclaim and forget to out a jail and 2. Not outing names of players/specific strategies to reevaluate means that they can't try to read through your WIFOM for more info. If you did want to mention a specific player, I would say giving a halfhearted "I fail to see how everyone thinks Shadow/Black is town" single line would be good. I would avoid saying anything about me/DF/nn/Implosion/Zoronos like the plague.

I realize all of this may not be feasible so I apologize if I'm making an excessive request. I've been a really demanding partner through and through so thank you so much for sticking out with me and really giving it your all for the game-it's been great having someone so communicative and eager to work together. You've rocked, and it's been great playing scum with you despite our troubles. Here's hoping to a narrow win or a quick euthanasia.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #215 (isolation #76) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Actually, on second thought, I probably wouldn't say anything about Black/Shadow either, but that's just me. That one's a lot less important than not discussing me or the others.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #216 (isolation #77) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Goddamn Dierfire/BlackVoid remembered the JK target. You should probably hammer ASAP if Zoronos hasn't already outed his target, if he already has you should probably hold on.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #222 (isolation #78) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by Prism »

Hahaha oh man, I even thought about posting to say Implosion unvoted but figured I'd already posted too much last night. My mistake!

It's okay, you've done a great job and have been a joy to be partners with. We've still probably lost but I'm going to do my best for you and LUV, so here goes nothing. I'm going to have to think on this kill for awhile.

I'm going alone from here, still climbing the mountain one rock at a time. Here's hoping I can make it to the top.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #223 (isolation #79) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Prism »

Current mood:

Except instead of a sword I get basically nothing. I guess I got Shadow_step making me angry to thank for BlackVoid townreading me, at least.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #224 (isolation #80) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Prism »

@Podoboq:
Can this stay open so I can make a Traveler's Log of the final stretch of this harsh journey across the wastes?

Lurking in store are many dangers. Confirmed town, jailkeepers, citizens with brains. Can Prism escape and fulfill the pilgrimage to the scum promised land? Tune in next time, here at Mini Normal #1838 Mafia PT, to find out.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #226 (isolation #81) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Prism »

A no kill isn't horrible here, but I'd rather just get Zoro out of the way. Otherwise I have to take nn30/Black to three way with Zoro. The latter I'm not okay with, the former Zoroscum would never do. Killing implosion here would be a really strong move but that leads back to me pretty easily, as Black/nn30 both have no incentive to make that. It'd leave me trying to get Zoro lynched, and I've already explained my aversion to that in a 3 way scenario.

I'm confident Implosion will conclude that I am the second if not DF tomorrow. I give myself about a 40% chance of winning this game-if I can make it through with a lynch on Dierfire tomorrow, then my chance jumps to about 60%.

Kill: Zoronos
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #227 (isolation #82) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Prism »

To be honest the thing I'm most excited for is just a chance to switch my avatar to Valter after I flip.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #229 (isolation #83) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Prism »

I got so lazy due to being busy IRL jesus, those posts about misreading DF's posts were so bad they could lose the game for me if anyone bothered to think about them.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #230 (isolation #84) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:16 pm

Post by Prism »

Well I finally found the time to make a decent post.

Does anyone expect the full allcaps orange "IT'S HAMMER TIME" vote from a scum knowing it's not ending and it's going to 5 way? Does anyone expect the post saying "Scum got FUCKED" from it?

You bet your grandmother's famous Thanksgiving biscuits they don't.

I hope.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #231 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Prism »

My not reading DF was pretty bad but I think that rebuttal/"final" post serves as a good save. My questioning BV's reasoning of townreading me and using it for a reason for him being town might come back to bite me tomorrow when I have to walk it back, but I'm hoping that it works in my favor. Specifically, that paragraph about BV having no reasons to townread me as scum will work the exact same but with our names switched tomorrow and I'm hoping one of them will bring it up for me.

Those last two posts are really just to sell that I'm nervous but excited for the flip, thinking I've won already but wanting to make sure. It's a big contrast to my serious demeanor all game. Hopefully they buy it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #232 (isolation #86) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Prism »

Kill: Implosion

I was half tempted to kill nn instead but naw
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #233 (isolation #87) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:41 am

Post by Prism »

Man, I've made it so far but I still only have like a 40% chance of winning this. That's pretty painful but I called it back on page 1/2. One mislynch is easy, two mislynches is doable, three is incredibly difficult. I still remember literally screaming when PP claimed deputy.

Well, I'm close to the top of the mountain but my supplies are almost completely out, I've got maybe 4 peanuts to take me to the top and I lost all of my climate gear 500 ft down. Here goes nothing.

If I lose I blame not claiming BP.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #234 (isolation #88) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Prism »

@Podo: Who're you rooting for? No lying, I'll know if you do.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #236 (isolation #89) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by Prism »

Thanks Podo, I know deep down, somewhere inside, you're rooting for me even if only for boring/LUV's sake.

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #237 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by Prism »

My strategy going into the day here is to bring up nn30's scum meta and pointing out the discrepancy between it and this game. This is really risky but what I'm aiming to do here is to try and get BlackVoid set into the mindset of convincing me that nn30 is scum rather than really investigating it from an unbiased perspective.

My opening today is going to have three approaches. One is to give a solid reason for nn30 that I
can't walk back
as scum, the second is to interrogate BV's townread on me, then nn's, in that order, and the third is to initiate a line of reconsideration on BV pending a Shadow reread.

First is reassuring towards nn30 that his read on me is correct, because I'm closing off my own options as mafia, as well as signaling to BV the need to build a case against nn (Given that both hard townread me, from each's perspective I have little reason to turn on them the first post of the day). The second is aimed at getting each one to go into confirmation bias mode while creating an opening vs. nn (I suspect his townread on me is not so easily justified, and BV will pick up on this). Both have also been inclined to townread me questioning reads on me-though this could change at any time, it's worth betting on one more time as it's not an instaloss if they don't. Third is aimed primarily at nn30, just because that's what I should be doing as town before I double down and vote BV. Combined with my nn30 meta, I'm hoping that this sells him on my investigation being legitimate.

Ways this can backfire: Accidentally convince one or both that I'm scum in the process of getting them to think through their own reasoning. Whoops.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #238 (isolation #91) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Prism »

Main consideration here is really my own time constraints as I'm having health issues currently but I'm doing my best.

Still really just looking forward to swapping my avatar to Valter.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #239 (isolation #92) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Prism »

Oh, I've got another idea that is either genius or going to tank my chances.

Let's bet on the former!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #240 (isolation #93) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Prism »

HERE WE GO

THIS ONE'S FOR ALL THE MARBLES

I DIDN'T HAVE TIME TO ENTER THE WAY I LIKED BUT THAT'S OKAY

IT'S GAME TIME
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #241 (isolation #94) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Prism »

nn30 wrote:So as you say - unless you're God at a keyboard you're town.
WE'RE DOING IT, WE'RE BRINGING IT HOME, I SEE THE SUMMIT
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #242 (isolation #95) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Prism »

nn making MOVES UP IN THIS and we've got ourselves a game

Even though I think his points w/ boring are weak Shadow/BV has been obvtown since the beginning of time itself
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #243 (isolation #96) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:02 am

Post by Prism »

Note: What became this reflection post was all typed up entirely by phone after waking up to get water. This becomes ironic when I start whining about having no time, I promise.

I'm really depressed about this 3 way. I really feel like I haven't played up to my standards at all, and it's almost entirely due to lack of time, barely able to allocate 3 hours in an entire week to the game. I recognized that the best way to win would be an nn pivot but didn't have time to follow through the way I wanted, and now I'm stuck on BV. I recognized that I needed to sink more time, to make the kind of post mn is doing right now, but I simply don't have the time. I recognized that it was probably better, too, to do a halfassed pivot to nn rather than not pivoting at all, but I was deluded enough to think that I would get around to it-and I never did.

I really love this game, both mafia in general and this one in particular, and nn is right in that I meant it when I said I would do whatever it took to win, and I said that with the intention that it would be the only warning town would get. I'm really glad he picked up on it, even though it was at my expense. That said, the truth is that no, I really lost my temper, I really wanted to replace out, and when I asked to stay anyway I even expected a modkill for it. I think it's very fitting if it wins up sinking me, both in nn scumreading it and in BV replacing SS.

It's also pretty fitting that nn has been using the interactions of boring/LUV with others, in the sense that I knew the difference was problematic but didn't step in asking to make more changes out of fear of being dictatorial. The ones I did speak up and request, ex. LUV evading me, worked wonders, but they only go so far.

Finally I just straight up misplayed the nn situation, and I've known it for 3 game days now, but never bothered to try and fix it despite knowing I would have to eventually. I knew he would eventually reread and that we would wind up being the 1v1 but I stuck my head in the sand and hoped for a miracle rather than making one that was fully within my capabilities. And today, the day I had to, I ran out of time, and ran out of gas for a game I love very much, as a month filled with too much work, an average of 4 hours of sleep a day, and virtually 0 leisure has taken its toll.

I've had a lot of fun, made some great plays and some profoundly deep misplays, both because of my own ego and because of my attempts to reign it in, but this 3 way has turned into misery for me. I love making mistakes and I love losing, because that reminds me still how much further I've got to go. But I made a promise at the start of the game, a promise that I would do whatever it took to win, and bring my full force to bear. It's depressing to know I'm capable of better and never test it like I want to.

I've failed to do that, and I don't have anyone to blame but myself. It feels odd to complain about choices I made knowing in advance what I was giving up, but I'm speaking purely out of my love of the game here. Everyone deals with time crunches and makes it work, but the difference is I can't stand to see myself play like this. Even if I win, I'm just so disappointed, not in my wonderful partners but in myself for letting them down. Forum mafia is everything I've always wanted, in fun factor, in level of play, in ability to test myself and push if to the limit, but I don't know if I will sign up for another forum game. I'm very much an all or nothing person, and I want to give mafia my all, but it's clear to me that I don't have time and never will given that the time I want is infinite. At that point I'd rather just step away.

Still loved the game, still love podo and the whole playerlist for making it special.

tl;dr: Prism starts by explaining how the 3 way was misplayed, how they sucked at mafia, and eventually gets way too emotional and starts wallowing in selfpity over dealing with problems every human has. Sad about no time but then spends his time on this instead of the game. Sad enough to type all this up on a phone. Meanwhile nn is doing work.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #244 (isolation #97) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Prism »

Man that was a whole lot of late-night selfpity.

Well, let's get to work and see what I can do.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #245 (isolation #98) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Prism »

Maybe I can still make some magic happen after all. It's worth a shot.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #246 (isolation #99) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Prism »

Fuck this is going well but why do the busiest 3 days of my life have to be the final three days of the deadline, I have ALL THE TIME in the world after Wednesday. I feel like I'm having to pick between IRL responsibilities and winning the game which is never good for either.

Well while I'm on my phone:

@Podoboq: You are now faced with a crossroads.

There are three possible cases from here. You are requested to give a response to this question.

Option 1: Respond to this. If you do, I will take a radically different course of action ingame, undeniably gamechanging. You do not know what this action is.

Option 2: Don't respond to this. If you do, I will take a radically different course of action ingame, undeniably gamechanging. You do not know what this action is.

Option 3: Guess the magic word. If you do, no influence on the game will be had, and I will forget this was ever asked. If you guess incorrectly, this is treated as option 1.

Can you guess the magic word and avoid influencing the gameflow in your position as moderator?
I wish you the best of luck.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #247 (isolation #100) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:33 pm

Post by Prism »

I'm so sad about this now, I've got so much to say and now have a bit of time to do so but it's becoming apparent that it's far too late. BV/nn have just been able to build off of each other while I've been forced to watch from afar, unable to post anything significant or without the spirit to find a way to make more with less. I was set up to succeed and do well, and I kneww the angle I needed to go today, but I couldn't make it happen, and I really feel like I've let the team down. I'm sorry boring and LUV. I don't really know what else to say-I got us this far but when I was needed most I disappeared. And I'm so disappointed in myself because of it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #248 (isolation #101) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Prism »

Since Friday night the only sleep I've gotten for like 2-3 hours on Sunday. I've basically had the worst week of my life, not quite but pretty close to it. Juggling this game is so much and it hurts so much to watch something I put so much effort into and planned out so meticulously to go to shit so fast from disrepair.

Somebody please end the suffering.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”