nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2225 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:13 am

Post by nn30 »

@Shadow - please explain your read on Prism as well.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:15 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2224, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2222, nn30 wrote:I never said anything about kill selection. Why do you bring it up here?
In post 2217, nn30 wrote:The kill also suggests that Boring is town.
Ahh, thanks for pointing that out.

I misspoke.

My brain was somewhere else while my hands typed.

"The kill" is supposed to mean LUV lynch. We "killed" him. You'll see that substitution makes sense in the context of what I also said in 2217. Full quote for those interested.
In post 2217, nn30 wrote:The kill also suggests that Boring is town. She spent most of day one scum reading LUV. Unless she's scum of the 'let's bus on day one before pressure has built' variety, then she's actually just town.
Keep in mind I'm new to this forum. This is only my second game. Screwing up the lingo is gonna happen.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:16 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Should I tunnel you for the rest of the day given your incorrect use of a word?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:19 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 3.01
LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

nn30
(2): Shadow_step, PenguinPower

Not Voting
(7): Dierfire, boring, implosion, Grendel, nn30, Zoronos, Prism

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-14 13:30:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:22 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2227, PenguinPower wrote:Should I tunnel you for the rest of the day given your incorrect use of a word?
>.>

If you're the vengeful type, sure.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:23 am

Post by nn30 »

@Penguin - why was your vote on me to start the day. It predated your catching my misuse of a word.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:23 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Nah, I'm not the vengeful type. I'm also not trying to create a distraction to disrupt my scumbuddy's wagon.

p-edit

Because I think you're scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:28 am

Post by boring »

I admit that nn30 hasn't been the greenest player lately, but the only reason I see to actually vote him right now is Dier's VCA, and while it seemed pretty well done, I can't see myself voting based on VCA alone.
(and that, gentlemen, was a run-on sentence)

Now PP, you presented a compelling argument, but I find that I need more than
he's scum
. Are these just gut reads? Is there anything more?

@Zoronos - What are you thinking?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2222, nn30 wrote: I never said anything about kill selection. Why do you bring it up here?
In post 2217, nn30 wrote:The kill also suggests that Boring is town.
Hmmmmmm.....
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Zoronos »

Oh, for fuck's sake I'm like a page behind.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:29 am

Post by nn30 »

Coincidence.

I've been raising hell all game.

Please, go through and find scummy reasons for me to be tunneling Gamma, Boring, Shadow, you, and briefly Implosion.

I'm continuing my re-read of LUV as well. This was early enough that I'm inclined to clear you with it.
In post 200, podoboq wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.05
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

Lil Uzi Vert
(3): Shadow_step, implosion, PenguinPower
Zoronos
(3): DierFire, MariaR, boring
boring
(1): eagerSnake
MariaR
(1): Lil Uzi Vert
nn30
(1): nn30
implosion
(1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting
(3): Grendel, Zoronos, Slandaar

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
Unless you are also the early bus type.

Are you the early bussing type?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:33 am

Post by boring »

who are you addressing here? ^^^
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2232, boring wrote:I admit that nn30 hasn't been the greenest player lately, but the only reason I see to actually vote him right now is Dier's VCA, and while it seemed pretty well done, I can't see myself voting based on VCA alone.

he's scum

I am thinking a number of things.
Overnight my suspicion basically went to the people that seemed the most skeptical of LUV's fake claim (since scum know he's faking), or that were way over the top non-skeptical.
I was also looking at voting position on the wagon. I find that scum love to be on scum lynches, so I was looking for bus votes on the tail end of the wagon.

I am momentarily distracted by NN leaping to what seems to be superior knowledge about what went down at night, since blaming me for 'Why did you not jail Gamma!?!!' could easily be scum superior knowledge that a) they know they didn't roleblock me, ergo they know I didn't or b) they did roleblock me and feel like blaming me for that.

But I totally didn't jail Gamma. I figured the obvious kill was me, so I jailed offensively again since it was the only chance I felt to stop the NK. No sane scum team would go to the dome on Gamma unless they had a roleblocker or strongman (which I couldn't stop anyway), so either they had it and there's no point trying to counterplay that, or they were just going to kill me. In both cases jailing gamma just stops a clear coming back and doesn't save anyone.

Ergo, they either out-meta'ed me, or they have the roleblocker / strongman / whatever.

I also had a moment of doubt about whether he was actually cop based on some ~events~ from yesterday, but I guess that doubt got resolved.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:42 am

Post by Zoronos »

Also, I would recommend ignoring RVS-era votes on LUV. I find scum love to vote scumbuddies during RVS or similar.
If it never materialized into anything resembling a real train (or if it did become one and they promptly looked for reasons to hop off), in my mind it is no credit.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:42 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2236, boring wrote:who are you addressing here? ^^^
Penguin - sorry.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:50 am

Post by boring »

In post 2237, Zoronos wrote:
In post 2232, boring wrote:I admit that nn30 hasn't been the greenest player lately, but the only reason I see to actually vote him right now is Dier's VCA, and while it seemed pretty well done, I can't see myself voting based on VCA alone.

he's scum

I am thinking a number of things.
Overnight my suspicion basically went to the people that seemed the most skeptical of LUV's fake claim (since scum know he's faking), or that were way over the top non-skeptical.
I was also looking at voting position on the wagon. I find that scum love to be on scum lynches, so I was looking for bus votes on the tail end of the wagon.

I am momentarily distracted by NN leaping to what seems to be superior knowledge about what went down at night, since blaming me for 'Why did you not jail Gamma!?!!' could easily be scum superior knowledge that a) they know they didn't roleblock me, ergo they know I didn't or b) they did roleblock me and feel like blaming me for that.

But I totally didn't jail Gamma. I figured the obvious kill was me, so I jailed offensively again since it was the only chance I felt to stop the NK. No sane scum team would go to the dome on Gamma unless they had a roleblocker or strongman (which I couldn't stop anyway), so either they had it and there's no point trying to counterplay that, or they were just going to kill me. In both cases jailing gamma just stops a clear coming back and doesn't save anyone.

Ergo, they either out-meta'ed me, or they have the roleblocker / strongman / whatever.

I also had a moment of doubt about whether he was actually cop based on some ~events~ from yesterday, but I guess that doubt got resolved.
I was expecting you to be dead today too, since going for Gamma would be a huge gamble, but here we are. I agree that it would have been unhelpful to block Gamma on his last productive night. I'm thinking that roleblocker is more likely, by the way.

Are you going to give us a comprehensive reads list and tell us who you blocked before EOD? I know it won't totally clear them as town, but it would be good info to have before you kick the bucket.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:56 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2238, Zoronos wrote:Also, I would recommend ignoring RVS-era votes on LUV. I find scum love to vote scumbuddies during RVS or similar.
If it never materialized into anything resembling a real train (or if it did become one and they promptly looked for reasons to hop off), in my mind it is no credit.

Bear with me here.

I've basically gone back on all my strongest scum reads this game. After this game is over, I'm going to have to have some long hard talks with people on how to correctly scum hunt because I very cleary am not doing it correctly.

Would you be convinced by this vote analysis, then? I'm looking specifically at the LUV votes and Prism. We could also add boring to this but you and I are in agreement with her it seems and Gamma is dead so I'm leaving him out of it.
In post 1666, podoboq wrote:
Official Vote Count 2.05
LynchingWith 11 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Gamma Emerald
(3): Shadow_step, Zoronos, Dierfire
Lil Uzi Vert
(3): boring, Gamma Emerald, Prism
boring
(1): implosion

Not Voting
(4): Lil Uzi Vert, PenguinPower, Grendel, nn30

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-30 12:31:00)
This is the first vote count that includes Prism voting LUV. His vote stayed there the rest of the day (even though there were a number of opportunities to hop off). Is that enough to clear Prism?

I also see what you're saying with RVS era votes. The Penguin vote is from page nine - I believe we were out of RVS by then.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2240, boring wrote: I was expecting you to be dead today too, since going for Gamma would be a huge gamble, but here we are. I agree that it would have been unhelpful to block Gamma on his last productive night. I'm thinking that roleblocker is more likely, by the way.

Are you going to give us a comprehensive reads list and tell us who you blocked before EOD? I know it won't totally clear them as town, but it would be good info to have before you kick the bucket.
I promise I will tell you who I blocked before EoD, haha. You can maybe puzzle it out given what I've already said about my selection process, but I realize I left it somewhat vague (on purpose). I don't make a habit of holding back info.
I will get a comprehensive reads list put together tonight after work.

As a note, I will be traveling Thursday through Monday, then again Wednesday through the following Sunday, so I am probably not going to be super loud this day-phase. Or you're just going to get a lot of typo ridden phone posts.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:03 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2241, nn30 wrote:This is the first vote count that includes Prism voting LUV. His vote stayed there the rest of the day (even though there were a number of opportunities to hop off). Is that enough to clear Prism?
I think that's a pretty good reason to town read Prism. It's why I town read Prism.
His case on LUV was kinda dumb, IMO, but that's pretty damn early for a bus so I think it weighs heavily in favor of Prism being town.
I don't see much reason to lynch him right now. I don't make a habit of 'clearing' anyone, but I ain't voting there and I don't think anyone else should either.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:17 am

Post by boring »

I think the weirdest thing about Prism yesterday, aside from his odd reasoning on LUV, was that he didn't seem bat an eye over LUV's Doc claim. That said, he's still a town lean.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:20 am

Post by nn30 »

@Prism - what's your current read on implosion? I think I asked this before and didn't get a response.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Zoronos »

Why are you asking about Implosion? We have a dead cop with a clear on him. I thought all the alignment modifying roles were explicitly banned in Normal games?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:31 am

Post by nn30 »

@Zoronos - I'll explain my reasoning once Prism answers. Answering you would defeat the purpose of my asking at all.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Zoronos »

Okay...
I will hold my opinion in abeyance until I see where this line of questioning goes.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:42 am

Post by Grendel »

Yo guys, I didn't get around to revaluating my reads or anything last night. I will have to do that now or something.

Probably not posting anything dense until tomorrow though. I should be able to sit down and think things through better then.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”