Micro 649: Normal Idea Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 622, Sgz13 wrote:
In post 620, Leonshade wrote:Really, two VTs being rolled is less likely. But I'm not going to doubt McMenno's claim just because of that.
2 VTs?
Aristophanes was a VT, McMenno has claimed to be one.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 622, Sgz13 wrote:2 VTs?
Aristophanes flipped VT.

That said, it'd be mathematically fallacious to assume that a second VT is less likely just because one's flipped. (That said, VT – and less powerful/protective roles in general – tend to be more common fakeclaims for scum because they're harder to confirm and give less information away. Additionally, many players who are used to more normal games are in the habit of claiming VT as the "default" claim for scum. So a VT claim in a game generated like this still makes me more suspicious of a player than most other claims would, just for different reasons.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Sgz13
Sgz13
Goon
Sgz13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Sgz13 »

Of course, I need to pay more attention.

Stochasticity man. I hate it.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 623, Heartache wrote:The odds of 3 rolls being protective are just incredibly low. Statistically.
There's four protectives (Doc, JK, Bodyguard, Roleblocker) and a JOAT, that's 5/27 or 5/25 chance to get protective. The chance for a town player to get VT is 1/27, and we possibly have two. I don't want to do the math, but I think the odds are higher for three protectives than two VTs.

I mean, someone has to be a blocker of some sorts anyway, Bodyguard is confirmed and I don't doubt Sgz13's doc.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 624, callforjudgement wrote:@Leonshade: If Sgz is scum, it's with you or 1SVT.

I can understand why Gamma Emerald thought that Sgz was scum; he was blocking Sgz, there was no kill, it seems reasonable. However, a number of unexplained blocks have been claimed; and the fact that I was blocking Sgz repeatedly means that it's
less
likely that Sgz is responsible (because being blocked means that he couldn't block anyone else). Meanwhile, there's a need to explain the no-kill, and most likely either Sgz was performing the kill, or Sgz was the target (likely because scum had somehow determined he was a Weak Doctor and thus a huge threat).

Do you think I should have strong views on Sgz based on dayplay, or only on night actions? If it's based on night actions, then why don't you think 1SVT is scum?
Night actions. The unexplained blocks couldn't have been done by town, otherwise why lie during the massclaim? So yes, either Sgz was the target or scum from your POV.

I don't think 1SVT is scum, I think you're scum. 1SVT is my strongest TR.
- Vecna
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:17 am

Wow, just reread McMenno as a result of this conversation, and the ISO is all sorts of terrible. I don't think he explained any reads all game until D4 (unless I missed something), and then tried to narrow the lynch pool to me/Heartache/Leonshade based on a dubious theory argument (# which translates to "I claimed VT therefore I can't possibly have taken any night actions even if I'm scum").

Why does it seem like everyone's ISO is terrible this game? At the moment it's hard for me to know who's scum because there are so many choices.

@McMenno
: Care to explain the reasoning behind some of your reads earlier in the game?
scum
town
Sgz13
Sgz13
Goon
Sgz13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Sgz13 »

I'm back to wanting a McMenno lynch.

And the ISOs are terrible cause of itleprick mainly.
Sgz13
Sgz13
Goon
Sgz13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Sgz13 »

VOTE: McMenno
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:24 am

In post 629, Leonshade wrote:Night actions. The unexplained blocks couldn't have been done by town, otherwise why lie during the massclaim? So yes, either Sgz was the target or scum from your POV.

I don't think 1SVT is scum, I think you're scum. 1SVT is my strongest TR.
There are a few situations involving multiple scum roleblockers/rolestoppers/jailkeepers too, but I agree that Sgz was most likely either the nightkill target or the nightkill performer N2.

However, what I don't get is why you'd think I'd conclude from that that Sgz is scum. There are unclaimed blocks going around. I know I wasn't responsible for that (and in a "my POV" argument, you have to make the assumption). I blocked Sgz. Thus isn't it more likely that the unclaimed blocks came from somebody else?
scum
town
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Leonshade »

My point about the blocks wasn't that Sgz was the blocker (he couldn't have been if you're telling the truth). My point was that from your POV Sgz HAS to be either the target, or the performer, of the N2 NK. Scum wouldn't block their own kill. Town would claim their role honestly in a massclaim. As such, from your POV, the kill had to be blocked by you.
- Vecna
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:33 am

There are plenty of other possibilities.

For example, say you're scum with Heartache and actually a roleblocker. You block me N2, Sgz's protection on 1SVT goes through and stops the kill. That doesn't seem that implausible to me.
scum
town
Sgz13
Sgz13
Goon
Sgz13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:34 am

Post by Sgz13 »

Me being the target N2 isn't that unfeasible really. The major scum reads on me didn't come until D3, plus there's the possibility my role was discovered or maybe there was a gut feeling I had a strong PR because of my lesser activity early on.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 635, callforjudgement wrote:There are plenty of other possibilities.

For example, say you're scum with Heartache and actually a roleblocker. You block me N2, Sgz's protection on 1SVT goes through and stops the kill. That doesn't seem that implausible to me.
Hmm, that's true. I hadn't considered that since I know it's not true, but it is a possibility you have to keep in mind.
Sgz13 wrote:Me being the target N2 isn't that unfeasible really. The major scum reads on me didn't come until D3, plus there's the possibility my role was discovered or maybe there was a gut feeling I had a strong PR because of my lesser activity early on.
Also true, scum might also have been afraid of NKing one of me and 1-Shot in case of a protective and decided to shoot you instead.

If CFJ is telling the truth, 1-Shot is not conftown. But if CFJ hasn't blocked Sgz13 both nights, 1-Shot is conftown. The only scenario in which scum!Sgz would claim 1-Shot is conftown is if he knew he was blocked both times and could later backtrack on it. That's not very likely, so I think Sgz is probtown.
- Vecna
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:56 am

Post by McMenno »

currently on a cfj/heartache scumteam
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 638, McMenno wrote:currently on a cfj/heartache scumteam
Willing to join me on the CFJ wagon?
- Vecna
1 Shot Vanilla Town
1 Shot Vanilla Town
Goon
1 Shot Vanilla Town
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:40 am

Post by 1 Shot Vanilla Town »

In post 612, callforjudgement wrote:@1SVT: why did you change from thinking Heartache was scum to thinking Heartache was town in #486?
I was baiting the night visit onto heart.
Pushing for heart to be town I would have expected more scum actions there, however as said no one visited.

This is why I wanted people to claim heir roles then claim their actions after.
You catch scum out a lot more that way.
1 Shot Vanilla Town
1 Shot Vanilla Town
Goon
1 Shot Vanilla Town
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:47 am

In post 638, McMenno wrote:currently on a cfj/heartache scumteam
This.really it should be a 1 v 1 against me and heart anyway right?
Heart claims no result meaning Roleblocker in some way. I am saying that only I visited so either I am confirmed Roleblockerror or heart is lying.

CoJ just seems to be focusing on me as the role blocker meaning that he believes I am flipping scum in this.
Trying to save the buddy and all.
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:56 am

Post by Heartache »

What about ascetic?
</3
1 Shot Vanilla Town
1 Shot Vanilla Town
Goon
1 Shot Vanilla Town
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:02 am

I guess that's plausible. I'm not at my PC to look but did anyone ever target Leo?
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Heartache »

Apart from me no one claims to have. His claim is a little convenient with no actual results, but I townread his effort here now.
</3
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'm still not sure why Heartache would lie about his night action result on me. Trying to cast doubt on me? I guess I just answered my own question.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Leonshade »

And yes, nothing about my role is verifiable at this moment.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'm willing to no lynch if we can figure out a plan to verify mine/someone else's role or alignment that way. Though with the unexplained action failures, and the possibility of losing the game if Sgz13 docs scum, means we'd have to come up with a good plan.
- Vecna
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Heartache »

VT is 1/27, or 3%

7*3% = 21% for one vt, which is okay. But another vt is 6*3% = 18% * 21% = back to 4%

That plus he voted me willynilly in mylo when even when his own conclusion in should have him voting cfj.

ISO basically "x is town" "y is town" which makes almost no sense from a vt claim either...

VOTE: Mcmenno
</3
Heartache
Heartache
Goon
Heartache
Goon
Goon

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Heartache »

Actually, mcmenno/gamma was my original guess anyways.
</3

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”