podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2600 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 3.15
LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Grendel
(3): Zoronos, Dierfire, Prism
boring
(2): implosion, PenguinPower
PenguinPower
(2): boring, Grendel
nn30
(1): Shadow_step

Not Voting
(1): nn30

V/LA
: Zoronos

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-14 13:30:00)
Last edited by podoboq on Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2601 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

You can't be hammered, you are not on l-1.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2602 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Anyway
Boring next
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2603 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 2545, Prism wrote:Finished my Grendel reread. Next up is Dierfire. As always, I've tried to keep it short to keep it readable-ask if you think something needs more explanation.

I went into it with a pretty heavy scumlean on Grendel. I'm a lot more sold on it now, looking primarily for interactions with LUV. His opening game with LUV is incredibly awkward, in #215 and #232 he basically just calls LUV "lynch bait" as town and says he doesn't know how to read him. He had a big stretch Day 1 of encouraging people to think of who's scum with Gamma, and that it couldn't be LUV so they shouldn't really vote him as he's lynchbait when he's town.

The biggest red flag Day 1 is that he directs questions at LUV but then never actually follows up or interprets their answers:
In post 215, Grendel wrote:
@LUV
Lets chat a bit:
How do you feel about the two leading wagons, as well as the individuals on them?
And if this were EoD which wagon would you join?
In this hypothetical situation where would you look next if the one you picked flipped scum? if they flipped town?

I want you to take more active stances. Your note taking, and your otherwise low key posting is not helping me get a hold on your alignment friend.
This was the last he had to say about LUV for the day.

Magically, day 2, he forgets LUV is in his words "lynchbait":
In post 1648, Grendel wrote:Luv looks worse in retrospect then I first thought.
This is
exactly what he should have expected
as town given his own meta. If it's comparatively worse to that bad baseline, I would at least expect further explanation given the emphasis Grendel has placed on it, but this never happens.

Before the Gamma wagon takes off:
In post 1710, Grendel wrote:Luv is all over the place and I'm having trouble pacing him. I definitely didn't like his hammer, or the unnatural transitions in his reads. I can't help feeling like it is all to easy though.
I might try to look into Gamma first. There is something he has not been doing that I have been expecting him to do for a while now. And that is bothering me.
After this he winds up hardshoving Gamma, then just kind of flops onto the LUV wagon with no explanation, the only reasoning is what I quoted and that was hundreds of posts before the flip.

Aside from his interactions with LUV, I think his approach to this game has been really suspicious in hindsight. He's prided himself on taking a very ambitious, intellectual approach to the game, but regularly stops at the most basic level of speculation. He said he looks forward to matching wits with us, and made ambitious statements like RQS working him but not "for the masses" and that he tries to pin the whole scumteam Day 1 collectively rather than focus individuals. Simultaneously, his night kill speculation on Maria's death was "boring wouldn't make that because it implicates her" despite that being
exactly what you would expect a scum defense to be.
Several of his stronger townreads have been for things as simplistic as "draws attention to themselves". It seems really strange to take pride in taking a "deeper" approach to the game yet settle for assuming the other players are incapable of more than one level of WIFOM.

With all of the above in mind, Grendel has shot up to #1 on my scum list. boring is a lot more likely to be town now. My reasoning for voting her has largely been based on PoE and not liking her attitude. The biggest thing that flags me to her being scum is Grendel's hesitance to vote her, and that says a lot about what I think about Grendel.
UNVOTE:
VOTE: Grendel
I’m tempted to ignore all the people scum reading me for having ties to LUV. At this point I don’t think I can convince anybody of anything here. My only response is that I don’t keep back pocket reads as scum for various reason, one of which I already explained.

Personally, I think that your second to last paragraph marches dangerously close to a Politian’s rhetoric. Which I’m not a fan of. As for the issue between how I try to appear smarter then I really am… yeah I do that a lot in hopes of attracting a night kill early into the game. I try to come off as smart and clever so I can to make scum nervous. For the most part its all a show. I have moments where I’ve done some cool things, but generally speaking I’m not much of a intellectual lol.

I think is mainly an issue of my inability to multitask, my forgetfulness, and a tight schedule. If I had these I think I’d be a more formidable player.

I've town read people for simple reasons sure, what's so bad about that? I generally keep things open at day start, then start narrowing down onto who I think is the best lynch. Usually the mid point of the day is where I compete my narrowing down of the lynch pool, and move into making a hard stance that I push until either they are lynched or they aren't. This has become a more recent trend for me so I can't grantee many completed games here display this as factual. If I write off somebody as town for something one dimensional it doesn't mean I write them off from the rest of the game. When a new day rises I start over with many reads expect my strongest scum read (Whom I vote) and my strongest town read(s), then I precede to sort the people in the middle regardless of their place meant the day before. Once the game is nearing lylo, or is lylo, I go back and evaluate all the unconfirmed players as hard as I can.

RQS isn't a big factor there, its mainly a point to start talking, and most the reads I develop are lite ones. Did I really say "RQS doesn't work for the masses, but it does work for meeee"? If so then that came off as much more elitist then I meant for it too.

There are situation where their really isn't anything I can say that has been said. The town read around you is one of them. I could say that how hard you were on LUV is town like. I could say the aggressive way you address the game state is townie.

Is FE8 your favorite fire emblem? (I've been like- wanting to ask this question for ages)

I would like to hear your reaction to my recent posts because I
was
hunting for teams the whole time. I just thought it was funny that you brought that up as a point before I had a chance to reveal what I’ve been thinking about the past few days.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2604 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 2601, Shadow_step wrote:You can't be hammered, you are not on l-1.
I'm just saying

:shifty:

these people look mighty trigger happy.

You think Penguin is town correct?

I don't recall what you originally said, but if you could quote that for me that be pretty cool.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2605 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by Grendel »

Something I meant to add to post 2603, but accidently posted without it.
In post 2603, Grendel wrote:

There are situation where their really isn't anything I can say that has been said. The town read around you is one of them. I could say that how hard you were on LUV is town like. I could say the aggressive way you address the game state is town like. I could say that your desire to be hear is town like. I could say that the soundness your logic is town like. But to my knowledge these things have been addressed, and I haven't noticed anything independent of these I could add. SO what's the point? I'm already town reading you at the moment. I don't see why I need to distract myself away from players that are scummy for a player that is probably town.

If in some miracle I'm not lynched today, you are not killed at some point, and we end up nearing lylo together, then yes, I'll gladly reevaluate you then.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2606 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2397, Shadow_step wrote:
Spoiler: Why I think PP and LUV are not buddies
In post 320, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 318, Gamma Emerald wrote:So what are you more concerned with: the contradiction or my actions?
Why can't I be concerned with all of it? Still...waiting for LUV to do...something.
In post 240, PenguinPower wrote:Ok. That makes sense. Thanks.

But, I'm scum reading LUV for his
lack
of answers to the RQS
AND
his lack of contribution since. So...yeah...not the same.
In post 157, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 154, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:How may I be of service?
Do something...
In post 149, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 148, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because I wanted them to know I had a reason for voting that's actually game-based.
So, in your mind, we're still in RVS - since you had to clarify that you were serious- but a potentially random vote on LUV is scummy because a flashwagon is potentially developing?

I guess I'm not really seeing that. Also, I have no problem running LUV up to L-1.

VOTE: LUV

Esp the part where PP keeps telling him to do something, I think if he was scum he'd just tell that to him in their QT.
@Grendel
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2607 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Like LUV was the weakest member of the scum team. His buddies would be pretty pissed if he bussed them for barely an reason on day 1 itself. Cause he'd likely never make it to endgame anyway.
Show

implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2608 (ISO) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by implosion »

Semi-prodge. Was tired today. No problems with the mc order.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2609 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:24 am

Post by boring »

I will try to respond to everything I want to respond to later today/this evening.

I just don't want everything to be waiting on me.

I'm VT.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2610 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:26 am

Post by nn30 »

@Grendel - my reads have changed. Your 2599 suggests you have not seen my 2577. Please take a look.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2611 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:50 am

Post by PenguinPower »

My turn to claim?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2612 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:46 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Yep
Show

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2613 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:49 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Town Deputy
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2614 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Holy shit
Show

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2615 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 am

Post by nn30 »

I just looked up town deputy. If I'm understanding correctly, now that Gamma is dead you are a cop. Tonight will be your first opportunity to investigate someone. Correct?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2616 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:13 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Yes.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2617 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:17 am

Post by nn30 »

I'm next.

Vanilla Townie.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2618 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 4:58 am

Post by nn30 »

DF is next.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2619 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Dierfire »

I am also VT.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2620 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:04 am

Post by Shadow_step »

2 to go
Show

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2621 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:15 am

Post by nn30 »

Prism then Implosion.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #2622 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Prism »

Still going to respond to stuff later but I'm VT.

Shadow needs to fullclaim before Implosion claims.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2623 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Already done that?
I'm don't have a NA. I'm just ascetic.
Show

boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2624 (ISO) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:27 am

Post by boring »

Okay, I just skimmed to catch up with the claims.

What are the chances that Penguin is lying about being Deputy?

In the meantime,

UNVOTE:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”