Micro 649: Normal Idea Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Leonshade »

VOTE: Jaack

There's one a too many.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Fluff usually isn't scummy but ten posts of fluff is too much.

VOTE: Aristophanes
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 71, light_ganski wrote:Stop being so cautious, they said.

No one ever gets RVS lynched, they said.
Hmm.

VOTE: light_ganski
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:47 am

Post by Leonshade »

Ah, I did find another game where you make reference to being cautious.

But that's not what pings me about those posts, you rushing to point out how the lynch/night went badly for town does (I forget what this tell is called).
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Leonshade »

Not a fan of policy lynches.¨

@McMenno:
Did you scumread Aristophanes or was your vote an RVS? Also did you know you were putting him at L-1?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:54 pm

Post by Leonshade »

@Something_Smart: I will be on V/LA from Tuesday the 11th to Sunday the 16th. I don't know how much internet access I'll have, possibly very little.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:58 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 86, Leonshade wrote:
@McMenno:
Did you scumread Aristophanes or was your vote an RVS? Also did you know you were putting him at L-1?
I still want answers on these.

Maybe I should give reso a bit of slack since he's a newbie, but calling his vote on itlepip a policy lynch really rubs me the wrong way. It looks like reso is afraid of his vote being seen as an actual scumread. Pushing the wagon while washing your hands of the end-result.

VOTE: reso
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:40 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 97, McMenno wrote:
In post 95, Leonshade wrote:
In post 86, Leonshade wrote:
@McMenno:
assess in your mind what's likely
I can't assess what was "likely" if I don't know your alignment, I asked that because I don't know if you were being intentionally misleading with your L-2 claim. Your answer doesn't really give me anything to work with.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:42 pm

Post by Leonshade »

@reso:
Where is this day and a half period during which nobody played the game? Your vote was 12 hours after the previous post.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'm coming off a four year hiatus, after which I've had three finished games and one ongoing one in which I'm dead. Before that, I had about half a dozen finished games, a couple off-site games and a lot of marathon games. So I have a decent amount of experience, but a lot of it is half-remembered stuff from years ago.

Many keep their games on their wiki, which you can access from the wiki button under their name. I don't update my wiki, but you can go to my profile and click on "view their topics" to see all the games I've posted in.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:14 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Best of luck to you, reso.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:53 am

Post by Leonshade »

I don't think scum can have an additional killing role based on setup generation, though I CBA to go over all the possibilities to check. At a glance it looks like they can't, though, vig is town exclusive.

Suggesting a policy lynch isn't scummy, but hiding behind it to justify a vote is. Gamma in 106 succinctly said what I've been getting at when it comes to reso.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:25 am

Post by Leonshade »

VOTE: light_ganski

No votes and no attempts at game solving all D2.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #13) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:06 am

Post by Leonshade »

Back from V/LA, catching up tomorrow.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:29 am

Post by Leonshade »

Pages 6-7:

Tere's towning it up, he immediately comes in, gives good reads and advances the gamestate with good engagement and the right questions. I feel much better about the slot now. My vote for light was in part due to reso replacing out, I wanted to put pressure on another slot. My tells on light could be playstyle-related, this seems especially likely since I called light out on not engaging right before they replaced out.

Pages 7-8: Not feeling good about BYF. Amished tell isn't a big deal for me in general, but the level BYF takes it to pings me. & are really bad, no way did BYF fall for the fake hammer when the VC is at the top of the page and Gamma called out mcmenno's reaction test two minutes prior. His reads are meh, and calling me Gamma's buddy seems too convenient after multiple players called me their top TR.

@BYF:
What did you find scummy about ?

Gamma's tone seems genuine to me, l like him for town here.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:51 am

Post by Leonshade »

I CBA to go back and read the first eight pages to figure out if Heartache's reads progression makes sense, will do so if it becomes relevant.

Yeah the disparity between BYF's claim and itlepip's is another notch in the loop, I'm tightening up the rope as I speak. Gamma immediately pointing it out makes me think that this is not a bus, if BYF flips scum I'll feel good about Gamma as town.

Jesus Christ Tere really putting in the work, I shouldn't TR dedication but metadiving the likely lynch for the day when they're at L-1 to the extent that Tere did strikes me as town here, if Tere is BYF's buddy it would be better and easier for him to bus here.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Leonshade »

My gut says that Heartache is bussing BYF. I still SR reso's policy lynch play, it seems like awkward newbscum trying to avoid drawing attention. Bussing would also be a good play here. Heartache's making a good show of scumhunting but I'm not TRing anything he's doing.
In post 291, Heartache wrote: Sgz is easy, he has felt very transparent, and though I don't agree with him I feel like I understand his comments without thinking too hard. What I really liked was when I was in the process of my catchup, his growing paranoia on leonshade mirrored my own feelings on the slot, which is hard to explain as a tell.
It's weird, but I notice doublechecking the context of the thread and timing of his posts seems to make a big difference in understanding, as in isolation you miss these things.
In post 316, Sgz13 wrote:
In post 313, Tere wrote:I'm catching scum. What is your read on Heartache, please?
I don't want to lynch them today. Their reason for town reading me seems genuine. Not the fact they are town reading me, but the reason. I'm not sure scum would be able to spot what they spotted about my posts, and as I know it to be true it makes me feel more comfortable about the slot for now, although I'm not settled on that.
Buddying 101.

Only skimmed the last couple of pages, I'll come back later but there was nothing there that really changed my reads.

Town:

Tere
Gamma Emerald
McMenno (townlean, I don't see scum intent in his play. I love his strong TR on both Tere and I and like his reads in general right now)

Scum:

BYF
Heartache
Sgz13 (PoE read, if one of the above two flips town I'd take a closer look at Sgz)
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:04 am

Post by Leonshade »

Unvote

Declaring intent to hammer. I know the game has dragged on, but now we're ready to advance the gamestate. I would especially love for Tere to chime in since he's TRing BYF.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #18) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'll hammer in 24 hours of once everyone's had a chance to chip in, whichever comes first.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Leonshade »

I like Tere's case on Heartache, makes me more confident they're scum. I will sleep on it, but I think I still prefer a BYF lynch today.

@Gamma:
Why would town Heartache mean scum Tere?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'm not going to policy lynch someone for impoliteness.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Leonshade »

Opportunistic in what way?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Leonshade »

Reads as playstyle to me. I believe Tere when he says he ignored Heartache's absence because there was no V/LA tag, and I think town Tere would be just as likely to push his top SR to do more work.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Leonshade »

What happened to your scumread on me?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:05 am

Post by Leonshade »

Sure, I'm in no rush.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Leonshade »

Too little information to really tell either way, I don't think there's much point in analyzing N1.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Leonshade »

And yes, the lion's eyes are flashing.

I will say that during N1, I thought I was going to pressure Jaack first thing D2, as I didn't like the way he jumped onto the Ari wagon. Not really game-relevant as it ended up not mattering, just a fun fact.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:09 pm

Post by Leonshade »

BYF ignoring my question makes me more confident that he's scum that has pretty much given up.

I'll try to be here when Tere comes back from work, but as far as I'm concerned he's free to hammer if I'm not here.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #28) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Leonshade »

Guess not.

VOTE: BigYoshiFan
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #29) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by Leonshade »

With a probable protective role in play, I don't feel that a massclaim is a good idea. Nor do I trust you.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Leonshade »

Agreed on the NL, it's MYLO.
In post 397, Heartache wrote:
In post 395, Leonshade wrote:With a probable protective role in play, I don't feel that a massclaim is a good idea. Nor do I trust you.
Well this is awkward then, because I believe my results would strongly imply who the protective is.
I'm only up for a massclaim if we could solve the game that way. With two scum and the game in MYLO, I don't have faith that your information isn't just a scum gambit to ensure a mislynch.

But I'm interested in this information, of course. You've already softed so hard that we have a pretty good idea what's going on; are you willing to hard claim something to give more credibility to your claim?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:08 am

Post by Leonshade »

Whether that hard claim is your role, who you targeted etc., whatever you feel you can share without ruining the purpose of the massclaim.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (isolation #32) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 415, Tere wrote:
In post 414, Sgz13 wrote:Tere, still townreading Leon?
I am not sure I am, no. I am noodling on a Gamma / Leon scumteam.
What's your read on Heartache now?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (isolation #33) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Leonshade »

Wait you already said that on this very page nvm
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #34) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Leonshade »

I was reading him as town, largely for his tone. Haven't re-read him since BYF flipped town.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #35) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Leonshade »

Sure, got nothing else to analyze at the moment.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (isolation #36) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 423, Heartache wrote:Well?
I would've posted my thoughts if I'd finished the ISO back then.

I don't know that the ISO changed my read much. I have a finished game in which we were both town, and I don't think Gamma's play has looked noticeably scummier in this game. Gamma seems to rely heavily on shallow tells, which is more of a newbtell than a scumtell. His reads and vote can also change fast, but that's more playstyle. I will have to dig up Gamma's scum meta if I want to get a better read on him, but I'm not scumreading him right now.

@Gamma:
Could you link me your scum games?

Still waiting for Gamma to get here, his activity elsewhere suggests that he's avoiding the thread on purpose.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #37) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:02 am

Post by Leonshade »

I should've P-edited, but huh.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #38) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Leonshade »

@Gamma:
That's true, but it's my only meta of you thus far, and I think it has still given me some idea of your playstyle.

@Sgz13:
Heartache. You were my PoE scumread, but since BYF flipped town I need to re-read.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #39) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Leonshade »

Spoiler: VCA, just the facts
In post 68, Something_Smart wrote:
Aristophanes
(5)- reso,
Leonshade, Jaack,
McMenno,
itlepip
(LYNCH)
Jaack
(2)- light_ganski,
Aristophanes

light_ganski (1)- Gamma Emerald
reso (1)- Sgz13
In post 390, Something_Smart wrote:
BigYoshiFan
(4)- McMenno, Heartache, Gamma Emerald,
Leonshade
(LYNCH)
Gamma Emerald (2)- Sgz13,
BigYoshiFan

Heartache (1)- Tere

Spoiler: VCA, personal reads
In post 68, Something_Smart wrote:
Aristophanes
(5)-
reso
Leonshade, Jaack,
McMenno,
itlepip
(LYNCH)
Jaack
(2)-
light_ganski
Aristophanes

light_ganski
(1)-
Gamma Emerald

reso
(1)-
Sgz13
In post 390, Something_Smart wrote:
BigYoshiFan
(4)- McMenno,
Heartache
Gamma Emerald
Leonshade
(LYNCH)
Gamma Emerald
(2)-
Sgz13
BigYoshiFan

Heartache
(1)-
Tere

Not much useful info up there, especially with D1 going the way it did. If neither Heartache nor McMenno is scum, Ari's wagon was 100% town (more likely than in most games, but I still consider it unlikely). My two scumreads have consistently stayed on different wagons (but that's hardly a trend in this game), Tere's slot being the only other one to do the same. McMenno is my most uncertain read, I should metadive to figure him out.

I read Gamma's scum game, but it's not much to go off of. Still leaning town on him.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #40) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Leonshade »

@McMenno:
Who are your scumreads at the moment?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Leonshade »

Process of elimination for me, pending my re-read (which is not tonight, will do it before D3 ends).
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (isolation #42) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 438, Leonshade wrote:Process of elimination for now, pending my re-read (which is not tonight, will do it before D3 ends).
EBWOP.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Leonshade »

@1 Shot Vanilla Town:
Welcome! We are in MYLO right now, please keep that in mind before casting any votes. The setup gen is in the OP.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:47 am

Post by Leonshade »

itlepip, replaced by BigYoshiFan, quickhammered Ari (who was town) D1. Their slot was the D2 lynch. It flipped town. Jaack was the N1 NK, there was no N2 NK.

No living player has claimed, aside from Heartache (who replaced reso) softing an investigative role D3.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #45) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Leonshade »

It was a slip, in that I forgot Jaack was a Bodyguard and might not have been the target of the NK. I also said there was no N2 NK, do you think that means that I let it slip I'm scum who did a no-NK gambit?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:37 am

Post by Leonshade »

Are you caught up? If so, please explain your reads.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 457, Sgz13 wrote:
In post 451, Leonshade wrote:It was a slip, in that I forgot Jaack was a Bodyguard and might not have been the target of the NK. I also said there was no N2 NK, do you think that means that I let it slip I'm scum who did a no-NK gambit?
Nobody was killed, so no it doesn't.

Nice out of character emotional reaction.
Now you're just stretching, there's nothing emotional about that post. I don't like your scumpool, either.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Leonshade »

Agreed with 1 Shot, NL followed by massclaim is the way to go.

And yeah, Sgz's reaching so hard that I think he's Heartache's buddy.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #466 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'm scumreading both of you independently.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #50) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 462, 1 Shot Vanilla Town wrote:
In post 460, Sgz13 wrote:Leon hasn't actually done anything since the start of D2 other than blend. And at the start of D2 he was avoiding joining the itlepip wagon, it's certainly plausible he knew he was town.
The wagon was terrible, it's good he wanted to avoid it.
I was avoiding the itlepip wagon because I thought itlepip was lynchbait, I only started scumreading the slot due to BYF's play.
In post 469, Sgz13 wrote:90% certain Heart is town.

We're not lynching any of my 3 are we?
I don't like lynching town, no.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (isolation #51) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Leonshade »

I was debating spelling out what the setup is, but I thought "setup gen is in the OP" would be enough. It's never enough.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #500 (isolation #52) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:21 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 495, Heartache wrote: I have realized something important though. Because there's a protective, it may be better to lynch today as that gets the most value from a potential save.
Correct lynch + save = tomorrow isn't even mylo, it comes back into a "safe" game with 1 scum out of 5 people.
Mistake lynch + save = tomorrow is lylo and there's another chance.
And if we mislynch and don't get the save, we lose. We might mislynch the protective, or force them to claim. And even if we don't, the scum is going to be looking for the protective. If we mislynch, there's three town left, so scum has a 1/3 chance to hit the protective. And since scum has knowledge of who the protective protected, it's not just going to come down to random chance. There's some other variables here, such as what kind of protective we have, who they targeted etc. but basically scum have a way better chance of NKing than the protective has of getting the correct target again.

So no, we should not lynch today, and I don't like the fact that you're trying us to get to do so.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #53) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Leonshade »

You've softed an investigative, will you be able to get another result N3?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #54) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:57 am

Post by Leonshade »

That's not a scumclaim. That's not a scumclaim at all.

Both of my top scumreads (Heartache, Sgz13) have acted scummy today and are townreading each other for bad/vague reasons. Is the game solved? Feels too easy.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #55) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Leonshade »

McMenno was obviously implying that you're scum, or at least scummy enough that scum would want to save you for LYLO. You're grasping at straws here.

I asked that because the setup has one-shot roles etc. I was originally going to say "shouldn't you be happy to get another result N3" but then I realized that you might not get another result, so I decided to ask.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #56) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'm not going to comment on my townreads anymore.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #57) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:57 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 514, Heartache wrote:Okay so this is why I see it as a scumclaim. He looks like he's softing protective to me,
but I absolutely know that's not the case.

I saw it as a crumb that he gave with the plan of using it to counterclaim the real protective next day.
Explain.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #58) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 521, Heartache wrote:Alright, apparently literally no one else sees it...
In post 502, Heartache wrote:If I'm alive.
In post 503, McMenno wrote:you will be
It's not supposed to be even directed at me really, that doesn't really accomplish anything.
It's that, come tomorrow if I'm alive he gets an easy claim of protective based on this crumb. To potentially CC the real protective and avoid having people confirmed as town.

I can understand missing it if you townread the slot though... I guess he could have said it based on what he said earlier about leonshade being the nk "for sure", but there isn't that much point of saying this then.
In post 505, McMenno wrote:what a fucking joke
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #59) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 526, McMenno wrote:no wait

UNVOTE:

claim or be lynched
Agreed.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #531 (isolation #60) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 529, Heartache wrote:Neither mcmenno nor
leonshade can explain their scumread on me
or their read on each other.

How does no one see this?
Bolded: what? Sgz13 at least had a solid claim that I don't have much of a case on them, but not you.

quote="In post 530 , Heartache"]If you're town please address my argument instead of just calling it stupid.[/quote]
In post 510, Leonshade wrote:McMenno was obviously implying that you're scum, or at least scummy enough that scum would want to save you for LYLO. You're grasping at straws here.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (isolation #61) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Leonshade »

The idea that McMenno would scumclaim there is ridiculous. And you still haven't explained how you "know" he's not the protective.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #62) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Leonshade »

First I thought you were BYF's partner bussing them, then I was more convinced you're scum by Tere's case on you. Today you've been doing so much reaching that I can't help but scumread you, and I think you and Sgz13 are buddies for reasons I've explained.

P-edit: Huh.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #63) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:44 am

Post by Leonshade »

I will admit, I was thinking that McMenno was the protective, that's why I (silently) TR'd him today. Hmm.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #64) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Leonshade »

I don't think the day should end yet, a claim just occurred and people should have time to discuss it.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #65) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Leonshade »

Regardless of Heartache's alignment, their claim is almost certainly true.

I also get the feeling that a Heartache/McMenno team can be safely ruled out now.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 547, Sgz13 wrote:Leon, humour me, if Heartache is scum, who is their most likely buddy, and why?

Telling me it's me isn't a valid answer.
But... you're the answer.

The only other one I'd even consider for Heartache's partner at this point is Gamma.

I mean, if neither you nor Heartache is scum, we're looking at a Gamma/McMenno team here. But I don't find that likely.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (isolation #67) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:21 pm

Post by Leonshade »

I'll agree to that. I'll agree to the change of order Sgz suggested, too.

I'll hammer the NL once Gamma gets in here and has had his piece to say.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (isolation #68) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:43 am

Post by Leonshade »

Ah, that it is.

VOTE: No Lynch
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #69) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:42 am

Post by Leonshade »

Role: Town Even-Night Cop.

I investigated Heartache N2. But my action failed.

Up to this point I assumed that I was the N2 NK target. If Sgz13 is telling the truth, then that might not have been the case, but that remains to be determined.

callforjudgement's turn.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #70) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Leonshade »

Wait, after reading what the weak modifier means and thinking about it for a bit, why would scum!Sgz13 grant conftown status to 1-Shot? Short of them being the scum pair (unlikely), there isn't a scum motive for it. So I guess this means 1-Shot is conftown and Sgz13 is probtown, too.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (isolation #71) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 573, Sgz13 wrote:You needed to look up what a weak modifier was?
Yeah.

I don't think scum would no-kill on two different nights, either.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #72) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Leonshade »

Heartache's already roleclaimed, only their night actions remain (and we know they tracked McMenno N2).
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 576, callforjudgement wrote:Catching up with this game now.

As we're in massclaim, claiming immediately: I'm a Jailkeeper, Gamma jailed itlepip Night 1 and
Sgz13 Night 2, I jailed Sgz13 Night 3.
Interesting.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:12 am

Post by Leonshade »

@Sgz13:
Why didn't you mention being JK'd?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #75) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Leonshade »

Right, I got a PM back saying my night action failed, but a doc wouldn't know that. Hmm.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (isolation #76) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:28 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 586, Heartache wrote:n1 - light_ganski, visited mcmenno [reso's pick]
In post 588, 1 Shot Vanilla Town wrote:I'm a non consecutive watcher
Night 1 my other body watched McMenno with no one visiting
Gotcha.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #592 (isolation #77) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:29 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Wait, I'm dumb nvm
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #594 (isolation #78) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:35 pm

Post by Leonshade »

Someone has to be lying, as both I and Heartache have had failed investigations, with the only JK claim claiming to have JK'd Sgz13 both nights.

More NA analysis later.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #79) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Leonshade »

Heartache's investigation wouldn't have failed thanks to a jailkeep or a roleblock on me. The only way their NA failed was thanks to a rolestopper.

If CFJ was telling the truth about JKing Sgz13 N2, then the only one who could have blocked/stopped my investigation N2 would be 1-Shot's slot. But I find CFJ lying much more likely thank 1-Shot being scum. CFJ has no verification for anything he has claimed, whereas 1-Shot at least has Heartache's tracking result. Of course 1-Shot is also my strongest townread.

I think 1-Shot was the NK target N2, with Sgz13's doc protecting him. As for N3, I think it's likely that scum chose to not kill. If Heartache is town, scum would have to be wary of the tracking. Even with Heartache scum, it would be important for scum to focus on not getting caught during the massclaim and finding a good mislynch target. Easier with more people alive.

As it stands, I think 1-Shot is nearly conftown, and Sgz13 is probtown as well. If that's true, CFJ is 100% scum.

VOTE: callforjudgement
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #80) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:09 am

Post by Leonshade »

I forgot to mention, it's possible that CFJ (or someone else?) is a JOAT.

It seems odd that CFJ would rolestop Heartache N2, then rolestop me N3, without claiming either. Maybe he JK'd me N2 and rolestopped me N3 instead?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (isolation #81) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 607, Leonshade wrote: If CFJ was telling the truth about JKing Sgz13 N2, then the only one who could have blocked/stopped my investigation N2 would be 1-Shot's slot.
To clarify: CFJ JKing Sgz13 would clear both of them from blocking my investigation, and Heartache tracking McMenno clears both of them.

I also considered Heartache being Ascetic. That would mean a Heartache/1-Shot scumteam, as 1-Shot would be lying about his NA result. But then what motive does Heartache have to lie about his investigation on me failing? I'd already claimed my role, so he would know.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #82) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Leonshade »

@callforjudgement:
So who do you actually think is scum, from your perspective?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (isolation #83) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 614, Heartache wrote:There cannot be 2 protective roles
Why not?

Agreed on CFJ's non-committal views, though. Willing to give him a bit of slack for having just replaced in, but he should have strong opinions on Sgz13 at this point.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (isolation #84) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Leonshade »

Ninja'd by CFJ, forum didn't show his post in preview.

Pedit: This is a random game, S_S warned during sign-up that the setup might not turn out balanced.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #85) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:03 am

Post by Leonshade »

Really, two VTs being rolled is less likely. But I'm not going to doubt McMenno's claim just because of that.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #86) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 622, Sgz13 wrote:
In post 620, Leonshade wrote:Really, two VTs being rolled is less likely. But I'm not going to doubt McMenno's claim just because of that.
2 VTs?
Aristophanes was a VT, McMenno has claimed to be one.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #628 (isolation #87) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 623, Heartache wrote:The odds of 3 rolls being protective are just incredibly low. Statistically.
There's four protectives (Doc, JK, Bodyguard, Roleblocker) and a JOAT, that's 5/27 or 5/25 chance to get protective. The chance for a town player to get VT is 1/27, and we possibly have two. I don't want to do the math, but I think the odds are higher for three protectives than two VTs.

I mean, someone has to be a blocker of some sorts anyway, Bodyguard is confirmed and I don't doubt Sgz13's doc.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #88) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 624, callforjudgement wrote:@Leonshade: If Sgz is scum, it's with you or 1SVT.

I can understand why Gamma Emerald thought that Sgz was scum; he was blocking Sgz, there was no kill, it seems reasonable. However, a number of unexplained blocks have been claimed; and the fact that I was blocking Sgz repeatedly means that it's
less
likely that Sgz is responsible (because being blocked means that he couldn't block anyone else). Meanwhile, there's a need to explain the no-kill, and most likely either Sgz was performing the kill, or Sgz was the target (likely because scum had somehow determined he was a Weak Doctor and thus a huge threat).

Do you think I should have strong views on Sgz based on dayplay, or only on night actions? If it's based on night actions, then why don't you think 1SVT is scum?
Night actions. The unexplained blocks couldn't have been done by town, otherwise why lie during the massclaim? So yes, either Sgz was the target or scum from your POV.

I don't think 1SVT is scum, I think you're scum. 1SVT is my strongest TR.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #89) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Leonshade »

My point about the blocks wasn't that Sgz was the blocker (he couldn't have been if you're telling the truth). My point was that from your POV Sgz HAS to be either the target, or the performer, of the N2 NK. Scum wouldn't block their own kill. Town would claim their role honestly in a massclaim. As such, from your POV, the kill had to be blocked by you.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #90) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 635, callforjudgement wrote:There are plenty of other possibilities.

For example, say you're scum with Heartache and actually a roleblocker. You block me N2, Sgz's protection on 1SVT goes through and stops the kill. That doesn't seem that implausible to me.
Hmm, that's true. I hadn't considered that since I know it's not true, but it is a possibility you have to keep in mind.
Sgz13 wrote:Me being the target N2 isn't that unfeasible really. The major scum reads on me didn't come until D3, plus there's the possibility my role was discovered or maybe there was a gut feeling I had a strong PR because of my lesser activity early on.
Also true, scum might also have been afraid of NKing one of me and 1-Shot in case of a protective and decided to shoot you instead.

If CFJ is telling the truth, 1-Shot is not conftown. But if CFJ hasn't blocked Sgz13 both nights, 1-Shot is conftown. The only scenario in which scum!Sgz would claim 1-Shot is conftown is if he knew he was blocked both times and could later backtrack on it. That's not very likely, so I think Sgz is probtown.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (isolation #91) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Leonshade »

In post 638, McMenno wrote:currently on a cfj/heartache scumteam
Willing to join me on the CFJ wagon?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #92) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'm still not sure why Heartache would lie about his night action result on me. Trying to cast doubt on me? I guess I just answered my own question.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (isolation #93) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Leonshade »

And yes, nothing about my role is verifiable at this moment.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (isolation #94) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Leonshade »

I'm willing to no lynch if we can figure out a plan to verify mine/someone else's role or alignment that way. Though with the unexplained action failures, and the possibility of losing the game if Sgz13 docs scum, means we'd have to come up with a good plan.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #95) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Leonshade »

So we're at the low probability argument again?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #96) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Leonshade »

After thinking about it, there's no way to verify my claim N4, and the only one who can verify I'm not Ascetic N4 is Heartache.

I'm not interested in a McMenno lynch today, if ever. I guess he could be CFJ's buddy, but I think it's Heartache instead.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #97) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:31 am

Post by Leonshade »

It's cool, I don't think Heartache's buddy is gonna sheep onto McMenno. He's budy distancing at the moment.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (isolation #98) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Leonshade »

A Heartache/McMenno team is highly unlikely, so I'm not sure why you're still voting for McMenno Sgz.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (isolation #99) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Leonshade »

A Heartache/McMenno team is highly unlikely, so I'm not sure why you're still voting for McMenno Sgz.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #100) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 650, Heartache wrote:If leonshade is scum, he would have had to been creative enough to come up with "even-night-only cop" and also about having been roleblocked.
In fact, if leonshade is scum he could probably just have faked a guilty onto me or sgz and have won the game easily.
In post 668, Heartache wrote:VOTE: Leonshade
Same page, too, that read changed fast.

I think I'd still prefer CFJ first, due to the unexplained block on me, but I'm more than happy to lynch Heartache today.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #101) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 672, Heartache wrote:
In post 601, McMenno wrote:let's not delay this further

VOTE: Heartache
This is proof mcmenno is the scum. Only a mislynch ends the game, and his words betray that he knows this is a mislynch.
McMenno proven scum -> vote Leon?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #677 (isolation #102) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Leonshade »

VOTE: Heartache

I was a bit nervous to put them at L-1 but this is ridiculous.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #103) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:32 am

Post by Leonshade »

CFJ/Heartache, game solved I think.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #684 (isolation #104) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:35 am

Post by Leonshade »

If the team was McMenno/Leon, gloating would be really dumb with a JK and a doc in play.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #691 (isolation #105) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 am

Post by Leonshade »

If you're twilight trolling, you're doing a very good job of making me nervous.

If you self-hammered as town, I'm gonna be so mad.
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #694 (isolation #106) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 677, Leonshade wrote:VOTE: Heartache

I was a bit nervous to put them at L-1 but this is ridiculous.
In post 678, Heartache wrote:VOTE: Heartache
Is this a Monty Python skit now?
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (isolation #107) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Leonshade »

Yay town!

The game started off weird, but I ended up really enjoying it by the end. Good job to CFJ for trying your best despite being stuck in a difficult position.
- Vecna

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”