boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2750 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:03 am

Post by boring »

In post 2733, Shadow_step wrote:What the hell are you on about in I have no idea.
Your response to it here
Spoiler:
In post 2691, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2689, boring wrote:
In post 2687, nn30 wrote:
In post 2680, Shadow_step wrote:I don't get why a scum! Grendel would kill Maria n1. LUV was just a goon, killing off someone who TRs you is sub optimal play.
This is another good wrinkle to consider. I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on it, especially Zoronos.
I don't see why it would be sub-optimal. It points away from you, clears the person town-reading you, and then you just have to wait for someone to dig it up on your behalf (can be town or a buddy). It's a lot smarter than leaving a big, messy bloodtrail.

I'm not convinced that this is something Grendel would do or has done. It's just that if S_s could conclude at first that MariaR's NK could be used to frame me, I don't understand why he can't see this.

p-edit: Zoronos - space ninja, scourge of the seven seas!
You are reading something else, interpreting something else, posting something else. Did you understand what I said?
You have played a lot of game as scum. Have you killed people town reading you on the first chance you got ?
suggests you understood perfectly.
And I replied in a timely manner.
Spoiler:
In post 2696, boring wrote:
In post 2733, Shadow_step wrote: You have played a lot of game as scum. Have you killed people town reading you on the first chance you got ?
Yes. First two chances, actually, if you include the D1 lynch. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=67031

Nice try, though.

In post 2733, Shadow_step wrote: one which was conveniently ignored
Actually, it looks like I missed the entire second half of that page (around post #2656-#2674). That actually explains a lot (I couldn't figure out when Grendel had voted Dier).

That post contains nothing worth responding to, however. You're just spinning there. More to the point, I'm not endeavoring to prove to
you
that you're scum. You can state your defense to cases as you wish, and I'll reply to you when I think it's relevant (or when you ask a question), but you're neither my director nor my audience.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2751 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:07 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I clearly asked you if you understood what I said because I didn't get what the hell you were talking about and I still don't.
I was saying why a scum Grendel wouldn't kill Maria n1 itself. Who is the "you" you are referring to idk.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2752 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:12 am

Post by Shadow_step »

You said it was a slip. I explained how it wasn't. So again, how does me believing his claim make me scum?
Actually if I was his buddy I would know its fake and it would warranty the complete opposite reaction if anything.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2753 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:17 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2734, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2731, boring wrote:
In post 2729, Shadow_step wrote:I've responded to the first part which you never replied to.

If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided, so that whole argument is balls.

Next
What are you even talking about? The first part includes responses.
Why do you really think
If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided
is relevant to anything I've said? I don't think you're necessarily ascetic or RB. I just think you're scum.
I can't even be ascetic mafia goon, too scumsided.
So let me get this straight. You're case against me is that I CCed Eager a useless role at night(according to threat to mafia) by a role I didn't have ?
So apparently I can get fucked any night if someone bothers to check me.

Yeah okay. Brilliant case. You want a scummy?
Just say "yes this is my case" for my sanity.

Anyone scum reading me should consider this.
It's impossible for me to be mafia ascetic anything because of the minimal amount of power town has and ascetic can counter both.
Show

boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2754 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:24 am

Post by boring »

In post 2751, Shadow_step wrote:I clearly asked you if you understood what I said because I didn't get what the hell you were talking about and I still don't.
I was saying why a scum Grendel wouldn't kill Maria n1 itself. Who is the "you" you are referring to idk.
I was narrating the scenario in the second person. In the second person, I explained why someone would theoretically kill someone strongly townreading them N1, and why it is far from "sub optimal play". My purpose of the post, again, was not particularly
for
you, but to point out to
everyone else
that you were being inconsistent in the depth of thought you were presenting.
In post 2752, Shadow_step wrote:You said it was a slip. I explained how it wasn't. So again, how does me believing his claim make me scum?
Actually if I was his buddy I would know its fake and it would warranty the complete opposite reaction if anything.
I don't find your explanation plausible, and I disagree. Sorry, not sorry.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2755 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:27 am

Post by boring »

In post 2753, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2729, Shadow_step wrote:I've responded to the first part which you never replied to.

If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided, so that whole argument is balls.

Next
Why do you really think
is relevant to anything I've said? I don't think you're necessarily ascetic or RB. I just think you're scum.
So let me get this straight. You're case against me is that I CCed Eager a useless role at night(according to threat to mafia) by a role I didn't have ?

It's impossible for me to be mafia ascetic anything because of the minimal amount of power town has and ascetic can counter both.
Brilliant straw man.

I'm going to stop engaging with you for a while, for everyone else's sanity.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2756 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Shadow_step »

You don't find my explanation plausible?
So ":/" ing because PRs get outed and hence become useless when lynch baits get them is something completely unreasonable?
Show

boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2757 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:30 am

Post by boring »

In post 2746, Zoronos wrote:Hi we're murdering Dierfire or Grendel.
Preferably Grendel.

Shadow_step is aggravating, annoying, and generally useless as shit, but he's not on the plate today. We all know your point on him, save it for tomorrow or later.
Getting into this shit with him is helping nobody. Yes, he's belligerent and unhelpful. The rest of us know those are scum tells. He's still likely town for the movement, so let us collectively move on.
As I've said before, I'm willing to vote Dierfire if we can't lynch Shadow today. If you're willing to vote Dierfire too, then I guess we'll have our five.

Is anyone of a mind to put up a defense for Dierfire?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2758 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:35 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 3.21
LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

Grendel
(3): Zoronos, Dierfire, Prism
Dierfire
(3): Grendel, Shadow_step, nn30
boring
(2): implosion, PenguinPower
Shadow_step
(1): boring

Not Voting
(0):

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-14 13:30:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2759 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:37 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Its not a straw at all.
It's impossible for me to be scum ascetic because balance. Mini normal review group is strict as fuck you can ask anyone who has modded one.
So anyone who thinks I'm scum has to commit to stance that I am mafia who didn't have ascetic countered Eager a useless role when none of my buddies were under any pressure or I was for that matter. I did that when I didn't have ascetic myself so I can get fucked by even a tracked getting a "didn't go anywhere" result
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2760 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Ofc you will stop responding to me because your argument is invalid and it's convenient for you. :lol:
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2761 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2757, boring wrote:
In post 2746, Zoronos wrote:Hi we're murdering Dierfire or Grendel.
Preferably Grendel.

Shadow_step is aggravating, annoying, and generally useless as shit, but he's not on the plate today. We all know your point on him, save it for tomorrow or later.
Getting into this shit with him is helping nobody. Yes, he's belligerent and unhelpful. The rest of us know those are scum tells. He's still likely town for the movement, so let us collectively move on.
As I've said before, I'm willing to vote Dierfire if we can't lynch Shadow today. If you're willing to vote Dierfire too, then I guess we'll have our five.

Is anyone of a mind to put up a defense for Dierfire?
Translation : I'll buss him if I have no option but let me create this counter wagon.

Does anyone want to defend my buddy so that I can create a case to ML you on future days?
Show

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2762 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Not voting shadow. Like Dier over Grendel.

VOTE: Dierfire

L-1
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2763 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:58 am

Post by boring »

Intent to hammer Dierfire

Zoronos and Penguin, let me know when you're ready. We still have like 4 days left, and I don't want to cut you guys off early since one of you may not be here tomorrow. Also, I assume we need to give Dierfire a chance to say what he needs to say.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2764 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Shadow_step »

VOTE: DF

Fuck it
Show

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2765 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:30 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Suggestions on who everyone thinks I should investigate - should I not die - would be nice. Probably won't listen, but info is always good.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2766 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:35 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2753, Shadow_step wrote:

Next
Why do you really think

We have 1) a cop 2) probably a deputy and 3) probably a jailer and 4) an ascetic.

We could have a mafia ascetic something in this game. Just means mafia power is concentrated on one member. Not impossible.

Plus, if you're mafia, there's no guarantee you're ascetic. You cc'ing Eager could have been a gambit where you lied as easily as one where you have a mafia PR.

Even your speculation of what could and couldn't be in this game is overly confident.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2767 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:36 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2757, boring wrote:As I've said before, I'm willing to vote Dierfire if we can't lynch Shadow today. If you're willing to vote Dierfire too, then I guess we'll have our five.
I'm not.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2768 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:37 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2764, Shadow_step wrote:VOTE: DF

Fuck it
Whelp.

Now he's dead before he even got to defend himself.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2769 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:46 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2765, PenguinPower wrote:Suggestions on who everyone thinks I should investigate - should I not die - would be nice. Probably won't listen, but info is always good.
I'll just tell you where my brain would be if I were you.

Confirming what we think we know would be a good start. So, Zoronos would be a good idea - though you're risking scum killing Zoro and you getting nothing useful here.

Same logic goes for shadow - though if he is ascetic, we still won't know his alignment. In a world where I could guarantee my investigation working, I'd go for Zoro over Shadow since it's more likely to turn up something useful.

Boring, myself, or Grendel are good ideas too. We each had some heat today - knowing if at least one of us does (or doesn't) deserve rope is a good thing to have. Between the three of us, I'd rank the importance of investigating Grendel > Boring > me.

I don't think there's a scenario where I investigate Prism.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2770 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:47 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2759, Shadow_step wrote:So anyone who thinks I'm scum has to commit to stance that I am mafia who didn't have ascetic countered Eager a useless role when none of my buddies were under any pressure or I was for that matter. I did that when I didn't have ascetic myself so I can get fucked by even a tracked getting a "didn't go anywhere" result
Isn't that the idea behind a gambit? High risk high reward?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2771 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:48 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2767, nn30 wrote:
In post 2757, boring wrote:As I've said before, I'm willing to vote Dierfire if we can't lynch Shadow today. If you're willing to vote Dierfire too, then I guess we'll have our five.
I'm not.
Whoops, meant to quote the post where someone asked if someone was willing to defend Dier.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2772 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 2722, nn30 wrote:@Grendel - how much mafia do you play? Did you gather that info yourself?

I’ve played 15 games to completion on 4 different forums. I also used some information from 6 other games I wasn’t in where a player opened RQS with the question, “What is your preferred alignment?”. So I have 21 games worth of data at my disposal. The amount of slots totaling being 272, (which means I included repeats (players I played with before)).

I think my biggest break came from two very large games I took part in. One being a 48 player role madness ( the NPBR I previously mentioned), and a 35 player “normal”. Plus gleaning 76 slots from the 6 games I wasn’t in.

Some concessions I should make, since I decided to do calculating on the fly is I accidentally included 2 games of white flag mafia. Where mafia can’t bus. I need to remove these. I also shouldn’t have included 3 other games ran by an English professor I had. I was the only one with good forum mafia experience, and therefore my opinions on mafia theory had greater emphasis (bias) then other players who only had f2f experience, or who played (lol) Town of Salem. Which influenced other's play.

I’ve not ran the numbers with just the 16 left, but I’m confident that there is still a clear connection between bussing buddies, and a preference for playing scum.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2773 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:50 am

Post by boring »

In post 2767, nn30 wrote: Whelp.

Now he's dead before he even got to defend himself.
May I direct you to the most recent vote count?
In post 2765, PenguinPower wrote:Suggestions on who everyone thinks I should investigate - should I not die - would be nice. Probably won't listen, but info is always good.
Grendel, me, Prism, or nn30. We're all vulnerable to mislynch without a clear.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2774 (ISO) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Grendel »

In other news Dier has been hammered.

I'd better get post a reads list before the mod comes back, and read the new info that cropped up since this morning... after?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”