Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Joshz »

XnadrojX weren't you subbed in for that smogon mafia game for like a day before I (as scum) won? Or was that someone else
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Joshz »

Real greeting: hi, I'm josh. I played a fair amount of town of Salem before my computer broke and a few games of smogon mafia so I'm not a complete noob, but I am really confused with this site's layout and probably won't know all the terminology so bear with me
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #67 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 63, mykonian wrote:
In post 54, MariaR wrote:It's random voting stage right? (Or at least it was at that point in time)
Would you sr me if I made a post going like: "Oh I know ___ ____ and ____ in this game aswell" Because I felt like doing it and just didn't I don't think Gamma was hardcore worrying about anything yet I don't know about others but I'd say I'm a bit relaxed early on and saying who I know is just idk a fun thing I felt like saying now I can't speak for gamma but that's what I thought he meant
Yeah, similarly?

Like I like that you analysed the posts, that that was the first consideration while reading the thread. I threw something which wasn't just a vote, someone copied, someone analysed the situation presented. I like the second more than the first, by quite a margin and intention is important when it comes to reading posts in a slow environment like forum mafia, imo. At that point we are out of the RVS and gamma looks scummy from that limited information, while you look townie, and EP on the next page as well.

Obviously that's less information than you have on page 15 or so when you might consider moving towards a lynch, but you know, for a start I was pretty pleased with 3 half decent reads.

Rem looks alright on this page. Small reservation, but we'll see where that goes. Gamma's 53 is cute <3
You have aim and AOL in your signature what the fuck is this the 90s?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:28 pm

Post by Joshz »

Wishy washy
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Joshz »

Not alignment indicative. Basically, something that's NAI does not make them any scummier or townier. Also, by wishy washy it's just how indecisive the post seemed and how it tried to remain neutral
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:14 am

Post by Joshz »

VOTE: gerryoay
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Joshz »

I'm on mobile ecclusively so you'll just have to live with typos like that itg sorry host :(
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:53 am

Post by Joshz »

Can we get some more votes on gerryoak to pressure please he hasn't posted
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (isolation #9) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Joshz »

Gerryoat holy shit I'll get it right eventually
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Joshz »

Lol the passive aggressive "chill" comes out
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Joshz »

Do we know the setup?

If gamma is scum gerry looks a lot worse; on one hand he was willing to engage me and defend someone for no reason which isn't inherently scummy but his logic is awful so it might be bad town play as opposed to scum play

I actually considered that post from mykonian (107) a bitscummy on my own but didn't bother posting because I wasn't strong about it. The game needa to progress more for actual progression so the people who've only posted a bit need to get in the game, and that's why I want to pressure the one dude that hasn't posted period. Rem old also use more content but it's only 24 hours in so for now it's not a big deal
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:06 am

Post by Joshz »

Btw 14 days is a huge change for me, the longest days usually are in my games are 72 hours
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #13) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Joshz »

Not a typo. It's doubtful scum gamma would defend an idler for no reason that wasn't also scum. It's NAI for now but if gamma does flip scum then gerry looks much worse in my eyes. We can push people here all we want but ultimately with people not posting period were never going to figure things out. Gerry hasn't posted a single time so I just want him to start participating, over a 24 hour period you should have time to pop in and say hi at the beginning of the game at the absolute least. I don't care if he's scum, hes as useful to town as scum if he doesn't participate in discussion. I also know it hasn't been /that/ long and there's plenty of time left in day 1 for him to be active.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:20 am

Post by Joshz »

Yes, it would.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Joshz »

I have no scum reads I really want to push right now but I absolutely do intend to. For now, might as well put my vote to use on gerry.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Joshz »

I understand you think it's NAI
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:34 am

Post by Joshz »

It's not NAI for the reason you called it NAI. You call it whiteknighting -> you flip scum -> town assumes it was whiteknighting and gerry isn't under suspicion. Your reply is why it isn't NAI, if you had left it it would be NAI.

Comments like "Lol you're new" and "chill" do not make you look better.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:11 am

Post by Joshz »

Lol sh MariaR

I don't have a computer and it's too much effort uploading an avi from mobile, soz
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Joshz »

Unvote
VOTE: rem
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #20) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by Joshz »

I like being a neutral and hate being vanilla. I don't like idiots. I'd trust anyone town with my vote.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #21) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by Joshz »

I'd trust myself to scum hunt if that was the question
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #22) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Joshz »

Believe me I'm looking at things and people, no point revealing what I'm looking at. I'm still waiting to see how people evolve without my guidance of what is more and less scummy. Don't expect me to genuinely try and lynch someone until a couple days before the deadline UNLESS someone fucks up badly in my eyes.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #23) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Joshz »

To clarify: that doesn't mean I'm not going to participate in discussion. I'm just not going to post a major case or iso anyone until close to deadline.

My first game here but we do things very differently the other places I play so I need to learn how mafiascum players in general play too
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #24) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Joshz »

By near the deadline I already said a couple days, not hours. That's plenty of time for discussion. :/ you can scum read that if you want idc I'm not changing my mind about this.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #25) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:25 am

Post by Joshz »

If the game goes towards scum reading me that's fine.

I agree with most of EP's post. I'd like to point out that I have more posts than you and I'm not a lurker, there's a difference between not posting at all and not posting your reads.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (isolation #26) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 181, Errantparabola wrote:
REM

In post 57, Rem wrote:This may be a town post the more I think about it. It is one of those posts I'd imagine scum wouldn't make because of how awkward it looks.
- what is your justification for the above? I find it a disagreeable post but unsure if playstyle clash.

--
MYKONIAN

- how strong was your kamelot read as of page 2/3?
- this read stays throughout the entirety of the game up to the present. Anything that adds to the strength of that read from bottom of page 2?
In post 150, mykonian wrote:gamma, imagine a hallway, with all kinds of tripwires with little bells to them. How you catch sneaky scum? Well they step on a line and then you hear them.

You are rather barging through that hall.
- Is this just a restatement of Rem's 57 or are you trying to say something different here?

--
KAMELOT

In post 43, Road Kamelot wrote: But its cool to join a wagon on a player because of an NAI post
You joined the Gamma wagon but didnt agree with the case??? lol
- i think this is a seriously poor move onto a kyouko wagon, who i am not in the slightest interested in lynching right now.
- actually. the explanation for the move off right after that if the previous were true would be that you were backpedaling off of confrontation with kyouko. not sure if i entirely think that's too plausible. I dont think your actions after the Kyouko -> MTD switch make that much sense if you were scum.
- word on . good post (by which i mean its a good thing to say not in any game relevant context, but just a good thing to say)

--
MTD

- you're calling kyouko for a perceived "inconsistency" between action and words that I disagree with. not that it doesnt exist, but it isn't a scumtell. unsure if intentions are good here but it doesn't stink as much as kamelot's move. basically i think its a crazy weak stance. thoughts?

--
GAMMA

In post 106, Gamma Emerald wrote:VOTE: Road Kamelot
5 points for anyone who can guess why
- is this "points to whoever can guess why I'm doing this" thing a new trend or something? what's the motive? I definitely remember someone else doing this earlier, whoever did that can answer this too. it looks like an overall very unproductive move that's focused on self-image.
- btw, you are giving me the most trouble right now. its hard to consolidate your play into any single category, whether it be "town" or "scum" or "null" or "town whose playstyle i find very disagreeable"
- whats your justification for lack of transparency being helpful overall?

--
how the fuck do people who have never played on MS (and in kyouko's case, on forums) know what NAI stands for? Is this some sort of internet-wide thing?

and what's with gamma patronizing the newbies? that's uncalled for, newbies can do fine.
totally unrelated to the game plea: can we as a community stop with the bullshit elitist rhetoric like newbies need to earn their stripes to get listened to at all? it's usually unhelpful to completely brush people off even if you disagree with them.

kamelot, i'm feeling a lot better about you as I read further along in the game. Gamma > MTD > mykonian (that's my order of vote preference) are all solid reads that i can connect with your thoughts right now, and all votes that i'd be down with for now.

VOTE: Gamma
NAI is not exclusive to MS, no. And saying "points for whoever can guess why" to me makes the reads less legitimate, it's a rigged question aa it implies whoever answers agrees said post was scummy, as well as gives whoever posted it more reasoning than they necessarily would've had.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #27) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Joshz »

Nothing is ever truly meaningless
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (isolation #28) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Joshz »

This is a beginner game. Beginning scum do basic things, such as target the towniest player which is errantphobia right now, either throwing docs and bgs off or just ignoring them. So, before I made this post, there was a decent (read: definitely not guaranteed) shot thst ep was going to be killed tonight depending on how the rest of day 1 goes, assuming he isn't scum himself. By me saying this post it doesn't even matter if docs and bgs are on ep, scum will be wary to kill him due to thinking I might consider him scum if he lives, and it at the least gave them something to think about it. At this point in my post if you're still reading you probably think I'm an idiot and that's OK, because in the next 11+ days the "towniest" person will change and this will be irrelevant. Unless it's not? Or maybe it is. Maybe I'm just shit. Or maybe I'll do this to make mykonian give me more bullshit for targeting the people who are going after me or whatever you call it here: unvote VOTE: mykonian

Voting Rules:

5. Votes/Unvotes should be placed on a line all by themselves to make them easier for everyone to see. Do this.

- Mod
Last edited by PenguinPower on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #29) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Joshz »

Haha le hilarious passive aggressive sarcasm epic own dude
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #30) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Joshz »

Sorry PenguinPower

Anyways, no reply if you're serious lol idk what to say to that
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (isolation #31) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Joshz »

The second line was at MTD not you zzz
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #32) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Joshz »

Kamelot is a slight town read for me atp. Not strong, but every one of the 3 people on his wagon are scummier than he is so that really devalues the wagon imo
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #33) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Joshz »

The fact it's in the subforum people are recommended to have their first games in ?_? It's not a shot at your or anyone's experience/skill
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #34) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Joshz »

Beginner is relative, from tos I'd call anyone with under 100 games a beginner even though plenty are capable past the 50 mark
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:28 am

Post by Joshz »

Although I apologize because I assumed more than a couple people were brand new to this site which is why I assumed you were joking a la gamma

I assumed it was here because my friend linked me the sign up thread and said to post there
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #36) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Joshz »

Come to think of it this didn't feel like the super nooby games I've seen before so that makes more sense
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #37) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Joshz »

I'm josh on ps and smogon and yea smogon mafia is in circus, it's what they call the social games portion (other games are played though most are mafia).

Anyways, mykonian has always felt off to me. Call it confirmation bias but I looked at their iso and it's really... not good. Their interactions with gamma seem potentially SvS, they really aren't selling me, or TvS at the least. Really not getting a TvT vibe. His posts on me are also very weak, and his first post is a great example of long posts w.o content ;^) and most of his posts are just re: gamma or re: me
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #38) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Post by Joshz »

If I was vamp I'd bite you qt
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #39) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Joshz »

Expecting some reactive devaluation from gamma but let's see what he posts
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #40) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by Joshz »

I mean transcend they also both had similarities, the potential for SvS parshly comes from them being the (only iirc) 2 reacting negatively to me, with myk being more aggressive. The subconscious reactive devaluation that should have occured due to him scum reading gamma didn't happen, which spikes SvS odds imo.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #41) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Post by Joshz »

What does Pedit mean and why am I on to gamma?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #42) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by Joshz »

Also in my 3 forum games I was scum twice (won both), and town only once in which there were no prs at all insert irrelevant details here and scum realized I was onto them so they used their second and last (limited number) kill on me day 2. My point is I really don't have much experience as town even if I've played on forums a bit ;s
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #43) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Joshz »

y-you forgot me? b-but I thought we were buddies D:
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #44) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Joshz »

Yea PS = pokemon showdown
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #45) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 301, XnadrojX wrote:Uh ok, sorry for posting less than I wished to in the past few days,gonna post a little more soon.

As for my reads, on the scum side Gerryoat had weird reactions to votes on him, but I can't really find anyone else particularly scummy (bar Transcend trolling)

On the nullish side, Gamma and My go here their arguments look more to me like drunk Town v another drunk Town.

On the Town side, I think gigabyteTroubadour has been Townish since he subbed in. I also think I would trust MariaR when it comes down to it.

As for the rest, they're mostly very slight reads that I feel will easily sway and therefore will not post here
Scummy read post imo

Gamma I'm pretty sure you aren't the only one who was waiting to see if I followed through and if you were I'm disappointed in everyone else. At everyone else, this ingenious plan is not explicitly townie
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #46) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Joshz »

I never liked ps mafia fwiw I've only played it like twice I don't like the environment and id much rather tos for fast games

On topic: his read post doesn't really commit to anything. Nothing of substance either. Idling and then coming back with that is not great.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #47) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Joshz »

Tfw mykonian is the only one not cool enough for brackets
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #48) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Joshz »

Someone answer this before I post more: how experienced is MTD?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #49) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Joshz »

Thanks. How about SSBM? I have a followup post.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #50) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by Joshz »

I said that buddy.... but answer me about SSBM's experience please
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (isolation #51) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Joshz »

Lol at above
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #52) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Joshz »

Fuck it w.e

SSBM: earlier you said I'm onto gamma. What did you mean by this?

Everyone else: are there likely 3 or 4 scum? I don't know how it's usually set up here
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #53) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Joshz »

I wonder if transcends reply to Jordan's read post is just illusion of truth speaking and it isn't actually him
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (isolation #54) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Joshz »

Read lists are good imo. If you see everyone's you can establish patterns, such as x person being consistently scum read. A single read list is meh though unless it's a confirmed townie which is rare
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (isolation #55) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Joshz »

Ok here u go I am not explaining

Player List:
mykonian - scum
MTD - slight town
Errantparabola - strong town
Road Kamelot - neutral
Transcend rep. Kane - slight town
gigabyteTroubadour rep. Rem - slight town
kraska77 - neutral
Joshz - vamp
ssbm_Kyouko - slight cum
XnadrojX - slight scum
MariaR - slight scum
gerryoat - scummier than everyone besides myk and gamma
Gamma Emerald - see above, not as bad as myk

This is all a waste of time until we get a flip to work with tbqh :)
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (isolation #56) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Joshz »

ssbm_Kyouko you are cum
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (isolation #57) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Joshz »

Edit my last read on Jordan to strong town because he assured me
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (isolation #58) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Joshz »

I mostly read for scum by gut day 1, I have reasons for each of my reads that I'm nt gonna share

I already explained how it was scummy Jordan. Is that some kind of derpclear attempt?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #59) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Joshz »

I don't really care about Maria right now, mykonian vs gamma is who the lynch needs to be imho. Maria doesn't give us much info, mykonian and gamma both do.

Jordan: I cba linking it, scroll through my posts, I explicitly stated why I found your read post scummy.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (isolation #60) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Joshz »

>Gamma Emerald(3): Errantparabola, ssbm_Kyouko
Huh
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #61) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 301, XnadrojX wrote:Uh ok, sorry for posting less than I wished to in the past few days,gonna post a little more soon.

As for my reads, on the scum side Gerryoat had weird reactions to votes on him, but I can't really find anyone else particularly scummy (bar Transcend trolling)

On the nullish side, Gamma and My go here their arguments look more to me like drunk Town v another drunk Town.

On the Town side, I think gigabyteTroubadour has been Townish since he subbed in. I also think I would trust MariaR when it comes down to it.

As for the rest, they're mostly very slight reads that I feel will easily sway and therefore will not post here
You read 5 people. Called it a drunk TvT which is huh, and your only scum read is the idler which is an easy copout without annoying anyone or starting anyrhing. Your only two town reads are "townish" and "I think", generally separating yourself from responsibility. It's not an awful post but it's definitely not great
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by Joshz »

When he said make a baby is it possible he meant out of Lego?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (isolation #63) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 444, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 439, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 438, Joshz wrote:When he said make a baby is it possible he meant out of Lego?
what
This is a serious question
Oh, hello officer, we've had a doozy of a day. There we were, minding our own business, just doing chores around the house, when kids started killing themselves all over my property.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #64) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:07 am

Post by Joshz »

Maria's vote on me was more horrible than transcends vote on her, and id like to add she went to a personal level to get him to lift his vote. And I'm voting you because I scum read you strongest, not because your vote was on me.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #65) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Joshz »

Your reactions certainly aren't helping, but I'm sure they have their reasons!
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #66) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:12 am

Post by Joshz »

And your complete lack of reactive devaluation doesn't make any sense when you scum read gamma, even though now you're backtracking and telling Maria that gamma isn't scum?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (isolation #67) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 140, gerryoat wrote:posting. i'll read in a sec
In post 141, gerryoat wrote:I regret skimming the first few pages. all i see is

In post 143, gerryoat wrote:Joshz I'm gonna need you to get an avi fam. Do you need one? I can make one for you so you can upload it.
In post 144, gerryoat wrote:
In post 142, MariaR wrote:Gerry flipped scum

ok
Lol gerrys 6 posts are empty, shit post, off topic, shit post, shit post, shit post. Excellent
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (isolation #68) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 466, mykonian wrote:
In post 464, Joshz wrote:And your complete lack of reactive devaluation doesn't make any sense when you scum read gamma, even though now you're backtracking and telling Maria that gamma isn't scum?
I've gone with gamma town from the moment I voted RK, and even yesterday I've given you a good reason why he is likely town given the mindset he showed earlier (and how his later actions do not make sense had he been scum).

You could actually read what I post.
I read it. Doesn't change my opinion of you. Just makes the initial SvS more likely than TvS.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #69) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Joshz »

What's horrible about it?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #471 (isolation #70) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Joshz »

From what I can gather this community has a way of looking at things and anything else is scummy even though it's completely different in other places, this has been seen by you, mykonian, and gamma so far. So you're going to have to tell me qhat I'm doing wrong rather than just say it's awful and then spew ate
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #71) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 473, MariaR wrote:
In post 471, Joshz wrote:From what I can gather this community has a way of looking at things and anything else is scummy even though it's completely different in other places, this has been seen by you, mykonian, and gamma so far. So you're going to have to tell me qhat I'm doing wrong rather than just say it's awful and then spew ate
I had to learn stuff the hard way aswell there's nothing that's awful about it besides the fact I think it's a bad least the ate wasn't even at you so you can kick my ass lol
"There's nothing bad besides that i think its bad"
:*
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (isolation #72) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by Joshz »

Potato potato. I didn't misrep anyrhing, do you know what reactive devaluation is? And why is gamma allowed to get away with a master plan of seeing if I contribute? Of course I'll go on, what do you want me to do, stop playing and start getting into a pointless back and fourth with mykonian? Maria says my read post is bad for the reason it's bad and nobody comments on it? So many questions, the only real answer is I'm almost positive there's 1-2 scum in mykonian gamma and gerry, and you morons lynching me is a stupid mislynch that should not happen and you'll regret later but at least it'll teach me my place here ;) or is that an ate that makes me obvious scum omg lynch me I scum slipped!!!

All I can say is you guys have weird methodologies, no clue why transcend is so sure I'm town but props
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #73) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Joshz »

No. Look at the time frames. I did not say he currently had a scum read, he DID, and that time is what I was talking about. Glance through it again.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #74) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:53 pm

Post by Joshz »

Well, it's a subconscious effect. So when you started calling me out, with other factors that aren't worth explaining here (though if anyone studies psychology let me know I can go more in depth) he shouldn't have been so quick to agree with you and start tunneling me. The fact he did when agree that the time you were scummy to him means his scum read on you was not genuine. This doesn't make him 100% scum, like all psychology it's prone to the subject. But it does give a stronger scum read than I have on anyone else, and based on my opinions on mykonian it makes him the best lynch. I also despise how gerry is being ignored but I suppose idling and lack of content is accepted here :/ and what you guys need to understand is how much more fast paced town of Salem is and how ridiculously long a 14 day long day feels to me.

Pedit: it was sarcastic, because he said transcend backtracked for taking a vote off due to an ate even though his vote wasn't met with negative approval from others, kind of like he (or someone else) said I was "fencesitting" earlier
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #75) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Joshz »

Also in reply to what you essentially called me having confidence: I compete in lots of strategy and psychological games, the closest to mafia being risk. I know strategy. Just because I'm not familiar with this community doesn't mean I'm going to lose confidence in myself. I am not a shy person either, never have been and never will be. But this is getting off topic so I'll stop josh 101 here

Pedit: you said I called it backtracking. I said that was sarcastic in response to him calling transcends unvote backtracking. Sr that if you like idc, that was my explanation.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #76) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by Joshz »

What it has to do w fencesitting is him using a word in a questionable way in my opinion. First he (imo) falsely said I was fencesitting and then (imo) falsely said transcend backtracked. I don't consider it backtracking because it doesn't mean transcend doesn't want to lynch Maria, just that Maria gave a personal ate and the vote didn't really matter at that stage since it wasn't close to hammer or anyrhing so it being lifted is fair to me. Especially since it was s more of a reactionary vote as Maria's was.

Did I answer everything? It's not about your intelligence, I just tend to infer people read between the lines far more than most do. It's a community thing more so than intelligence. And in case it's not remembered, I'm definitely not calling transcend a firm town read. My only one of those is ep.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #77) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Joshz »

...?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (isolation #78) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Joshz »

we should play after this ends
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #79) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Joshz »

Unvote

VOTE: errantparabola
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (isolation #80) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Joshz »

Just kidding

Unvote

VOTE: mykonian

But ep is not as lock town as I thought
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (isolation #81) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Joshz »

I got hit by a car today :)

Jordan might be scum but I wouldn't really want a lynch outside of gamma mykonian today, lynching Jordan doesn't give us anything either way because he hasn't really buddies anyone or done.. anything. if we lynch him and he flips scum we aren't rly closer to finding the other scum and if he flips town nothing gets accomplished at all. He seems like a really easy push for scum to either start (luv u ep) or wagon on (myko) idr if anyone else has voted him so please correct me.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #82) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Joshz »

And I was the first person to call his read post bad iirc, don't get me wrong I definitely think he could potentially be scum, but I don't think he's a day 1 lynch
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #83) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by Joshz »

I explained that literally in my post and I'm trying really hard not to insult your intelligence because this is the second time you've done that
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #548 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Joshz »

Lemme walk u through it. If you are scum you are a good lynch. Cool. Grats. Except what if you're not scum? We gain just about no information about anything. You haven't contributed anyrhing of value bar an awful reads post and have no relationship with any player for the most part. Whereas a mykonian or a gamma lynch actually gives lots of stuff to work with. It might be worth lynching you if you were 90% scum in my eyes but you're like 50% scum if that, I am not confident in as lynch on you because I think you're an easy scum push as I said in my last post if you actually read it.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #85) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Joshz »

I am 75% sure mykonian is scum and 70% gamma is. They're bigger scum reads that also have bigger payoff if they do flip town. Risk = lower and reward = higher, not rocket science zz
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (isolation #86) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:48 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 571, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 534, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:uh fuck here's a phonepost prodge
proceeds to wallpost like a champion

I have response to your "myko is buddying" arg and justifications for a general myko townread but i'll see what myko says to it
My stance on myko has started on an early townread. I became less confident in that townread as time went on and considered him a someone i'd like to priority sort. it's back to townread now. I never really supported a myko wagon.
In post 545, XnadrojX wrote:Why could I not be a day 1 lynch if I'm scum?
this is an ugly sentence. that whole post and josh vote is awful.
and to respond to you josh-- the process of lynching someone often yields information along the way. lynches are not fast. they put a person under the spotlight and unless the person just crumbles and folds, then there are going to be some interactions.
In post 549, Joshz wrote:I am 75% sure mykonian is scum and 70% gamma is. They're bigger scum reads that also have bigger payoff if they do flip town. Risk = lower and reward = higher, not rocket science zz
this is an INSANE amount of confidence for a DOUBLE scumread here and makes me less confident in how genuine i think it is, so walk me through what makes you so confident about these two being scum.
In post 561, Road Kamelot wrote:Errant i dont like u voting Jordan after that one post esp after saying gamma is good pressure and that mykonian isnt a gr8 wagon
What are you seeing that im not seeing bc jordan looks plenty town

Pedit MTD gives me the jeebies kraska
kyouko is town bc of their response to my vote

jordan what makes someone feel scum to you
its actually hard to say. somewhere between giga's post (where in response I mentioned gamma being a good vote) and the jordan vote, i think a combination of things happened.

i internalized a reluctance to go after gamma because of people tying gamma scum and mykonian scum-- I think that at this point in the game, that sort of logic is a lot fishier than anything gamma's posted so far. giga, jordan, josh, some others maybe. yeah, its illogical but a lot of people pressuring gamma right now are people that i'm uncomfortable with and that makes me a little uncomfortable pushing gamma.

also jordan made bad posts. I'll give MTD and maybe a few others a look-over later.
I mean, is it? If it's anything below 50 it's not a scum read to me, a slight scum lean would be like 60 and a strong would follow up from there.

I still feel Jordan idle a really easy scum push so far and a lynch on him is too easy. His iso is p bad, his votes are p bad, but imo they're too scummy for him to be scum if that makes any sense at all.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (isolation #87) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Joshz »

I'll reword it: I'm 75% sure one of gamma and myko are scum at the least, and it's more likely myko
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #88) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Joshz »

On one hand I want to say MTD's posts have felt like they're trying too hard to be townie and aren't genuine, but I've scum read almost everyone else who's voted me so I'll leave it for now.

Along my jordan logic I am pretty sure at least one of the people pushing me is scum, because I'm new here and I look like an easy target and then they cop out "oh well he looked scummy my bad!?!" The difference is from my other experience via tos I know how noobs are used as easy buffers and that's why the first couple people to go after me and Jordan look significantly worse to me. Jordan especially because in a vacuum he does look scum, I agree with that, so he's a really easy push. I take back getting no info from lynching him at least because idr the first 2 chronologically to wagon him but I'd be willing to bet 1 of those 2 is scum.

On another note: can someone tell me if we are likely to have a jailor and a mayor?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (isolation #89) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Joshz »

XnadrojX (2): Errantparabola, mykonian

Lol
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (isolation #90) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Joshz »

Jailor gets to jail someome each night. Said person is immune to all night actions. Jailor gets to question that person and decide whether or not to hang them.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #91) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Joshz »

Ty @ all above
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (isolation #92) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 607, Joshz wrote: Along my jordan logic I am pretty sure at least one of the people pushing me is scum, because I'm new here and I look like an easy target and then they cop out "oh well he looked scummy my bad!?!" The difference is from my other experience via tos I know how noobs are used as easy buffers and that's why the first couple people to go after me and Jordan look significantly worse to me. Jordan especially because in a vacuum he does look scum, I agree with that, so he's a really easy push. I take back getting no info from lynching him at least because idr the first 2 chronologically to wagon him but I'd be willing to bet 1 of those 2 is scum.
I can't reiterate this paragraph enough. It was kinda skipped over due to my jailor question (my fault sorry) but I feel very strongly about it.

Multi quote sucks but "should i towncase josh btw because i s2g if someone else votes for him i'm going to scream??? he's super obvtown and actually sheepable (which is pretty sick for a newbie imo)."
Is that a compliment? Zz
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (isolation #93) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Joshz »

Contradictory I know, but Ssbm being a complete noob makes him in particular look worse scrolling through the thread. I might make a wallpost about this if this remains true after a more in depth look (no time tn)
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (isolation #94) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 627, gerryoat wrote:
In post 611, Joshz wrote:Jailor gets to jail someome each night. Said person is immune to all night actions. Jailor gets to question that person and decide whether or not to hang them.
I assume you're from epicmafia?
Town of Salem and smogon
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (isolation #95) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 631, gerryoat wrote:I didn't know some many people were into pokemon here, I'm excited for the new gen nerfs and buffs. Either way, Josh who would you say you TR and scumread the most. Top 2 for both
Myk gamma

Idk town
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (isolation #96) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Joshz »

Vote count?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #97) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Joshz »

Thanks.

Does anybody besides mykonian and Errantparabola actually scum read jordan?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (isolation #98) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Joshz »

I'd consider it if the wagon was bigger than 2
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (isolation #99) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:51 am

Post by Joshz »

Call me crazy

My gut is feeling an ep lynch. He's had a couple good wall posts... and that's about it. He's gone for two low risk votes being gamma and Jordan, about and hasn't followed through convincing us to vote them. And seeing as nobody else replied I take it nobody besides mykonian and EP have a scum read on Jordan, further convincing me it was a failed attempt at an easy lynch. I town read ep hard initially and that is also interesting to note, because he's fairly experienced from what I can tell so he'd know how to appear townie and yet after he generated some discussion he disappeared until he next wallpost. Scroll through his iso, there's a ton of fluff and he only starts discussions, not participates for the most part, which removes responsibility.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #100) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Joshz »

also, scum could've easily hammered mykonian or at leaet got him to l-1 if they wanted to, it's been long enough. However, it could also mean there's a scum or two on the wagon already.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #685 (isolation #101) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Joshz »

Good discussion

Back 2 my thing

Iso and discuss ep pls
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #102) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Joshz »

Unvote

VOTE: ep
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (isolation #103) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 704, kraska77 wrote:Maria reads list please
Josh reads list please and why is ep scum?
Why don't u read my post(s) on it I both made and asked people to reply to a page later :)(:
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (isolation #104) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 705, MariaR wrote:
In post 704, kraska77 wrote:Maria reads list please
Josh reads list please and why is ep scum?
I'll give reads when I feel like it and you'll deal with my play until I'm nk'd or lynched *shrug*
Idc if you're town this is a very annoying and unproductive attitude (shoutouts mykonian and gamma who will probs call me a hypocrite)
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #711 (isolation #105) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Joshz »

It's not about posting read posts, "and you'll deal with my play until I'm nk'd or lynched *shrug*" is what I take issue with
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #722 (isolation #106) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 716, mykonian wrote:I'm rather tired but if I don't post now I'll have to catch up 5-6 pages tomorrow. Short posts:
In post 654, Transcend wrote:Gamma's a mislynch
Yes.
In post 665, MariaR wrote:meh I'ma just chill and let yall lynch myd and then laugh when gamma is dancing in his scum pt
False dichotomy, 3rd option, lets lynch Jordan.
In post 671, Joshz wrote:Call me crazy

My gut is feeling an ep lynch. He's had a couple good wall posts... and that's about it. He's gone for two low risk votes being gamma and Jordan, about and hasn't followed through convincing us to vote them. And seeing as nobody else replied I take it nobody besides mykonian and EP have a scum read on Jordan, further convincing me it was a failed attempt at an easy lynch. I town read ep hard initially and that is also interesting to note, because he's fairly experienced from what I can tell so he'd know how to appear townie and yet after he generated some discussion he disappeared until he next wallpost. Scroll through his iso, there's a ton of fluff and he only starts discussions, not participates for the most part, which removes responsibility.
Starting discussions is not a scum habit. EP's activity is a concern, not the content of his posts. He's moving upstream enough that I worry least about him.
In post 682, MariaR wrote:I've seen people keep saying there's prob a scum in myd/Gamma and everyone picks myd why?
He seems like he's really scumhunting unlike gamma
(read my spoiler on gamma again ty)
More false dichotomy, 3rd option, lets lynch Jordan, the lurkerscum with the bad votes.
Youre right. Starting discussion is not a scum habit. And that's what an experienced player like you or ep would know and why he would generate discussion. And really, nothing he posted was that great. Jordan is exactly who scum would target (provided he isn't scum himself). His activity combined with his posts have concerned me. He has it set up so no matter who we lynch he gets off scott free and that bothers me. I didn't worry about him either - i had him as my strongest town read. And what I've learned is that your strongest town reads are the ones that can lose you the game if you're wrong, so I went back, looked at ep, and realized he could very well be scum.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (isolation #107) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:39 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 723, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:
In post 671, Joshz wrote:Call me crazy

Been following this but the conversation on myko somewhat died out. I see what you're trying to say about EP's activity, but why don't you think the same of me? I like his iso, he's keeping people talking about their SRs.
I'm on lunch now, will read nadroj after work, but as I was following the game his posts seemed fine. I'll have to look at Maria as well. I didn't feel like she was being too serious but from what Gerry/kraska are saying it sounds like she might be more likely than one of myko/gamma which is where I was thinking a good lynch would be for today.
I still haven't decided if I'm going to make a wallpost about you being scum. I think scum ep is a much more serious threat to the whole game than scum Ssbm would be, and that's even more apparent with how nobody besides me is onto him (if there's anything to be onto of course).
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (isolation #108) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Joshz »

:) @ gamma
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (isolation #109) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by Joshz »

"how does this happen?!?!?!?!
what is it about the game that makes you think "oh man, if it's not this person then it HAS to be this person"
Like, if you're wrong about one read, does the thought that you're maybe focusing on the wrong things ever cross your mind?
you're taking shots at a lot of people but that's it, you don't follow up at all, you say "oh MTD might be scum, oh jordan might be scum" but you're ignoring them COMPLETELY in favor of focusing on myko
considering that you've been talking about information from an interaction lens, this is so incomprehensible to me???"

That isn't what I think. How do you think scum reads work? You find the person you think most likely scum and you vote them. MTD and Jordan both might be scum. Everyone might be scum. There's no point following through if I decide I don't have enough basis for an argument. And in what way am I completely focusing on myko? I already changed my vote off of myko, to you. Taking shots at a lot of people prevents any scum from becoming "lock town" and winning the game while no one's the wiser, and I'm posting a lot of what I am because there's a lot of newer people here that I want to still win for town if I die. Jordan is probably the best example, and I've explained why I think he's the obvious scum push. I don't want scum transcend or scum you or scum myko or scum whatever other experienced player to walk all over newbies because form when I've played tos with newer players in the lobby thst tends to be what happens. I completely agree, I prefer playing with more experienced people, but every site has its own set of everything and I'm still adapting to this site. And to address the question directly: 75% =/= HAS.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (isolation #110) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 745, Transcend wrote:Question:

Why is mykonian wagon dissipating
I'll come back if it's still the leading wagon before the end of the day
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (isolation #111) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 743, ssbm_Kyouko wrote:Yeah rereading the whole thread after work has only made me feel more confident in where my vote's at. I do like what myko said about nadroj: "He has it set up so no matter who we lynch he gets off scott free and that bothers me", but despite that I still think that Myko or Gamma flips are the most valuable right now. When I reread the first few pages of the game (specifically the discussion between RK, MTD, and Myko revolving around my post) it looked more like it was Myko trying to manipulate than anything else. Recent talks between Gerry and Maria have been useful for sorting them both.

I've noticed the few people that do out thoughts on me (besides RK) have me in the gray, or even the black but seemingly without reason. I will say that since I haven't checked in in a while and I don't want anyone to misunderstand this, my rereading drastically changed my opinion on RK. I
actually
understand what she was talking about back in 91 about the lexical differences now that I'm not reading it being dead tired. Back then I only sort of felt like I followed.

Also Joshz, is there anything besides the way EP starts, but doesn't participate in discussion that is bothering you about him? I see plenty of direct interaction between him and several players, considering the relatively few posts he's had.
Not enough content and he comes off too townie. I can't really explain why but my gut is telling me to lynch.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (isolation #112) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Joshz »

Unvote
VOTE: maria
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (isolation #113) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:34 am

Post by Joshz »

Sigh
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (isolation #114) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:51 am

Post by Joshz »

Yea if we're lynching anyone who's not contributing much I'd much rather lynch Ssbm. The very fact jordan is being brought up and Ssbm isn't should attest to that. I keep saying this but jordan is exactly who scum would push, and I really do not want to lynch him today, so much so that i'd prefer almost any other wagon.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (isolation #115) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Joshz »

VOTE: gamma
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (isolation #116) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Joshz »

The jordan wagon is awful zzz
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (isolation #117) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Joshz »

Not voting at this stage of the game on top of already being my second biggest scum read... bleh
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (isolation #118) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Joshz »

No idea why gerry was so eager to follow me though
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (isolation #119) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Joshz »

My vote on Maria was never going to be long term I was reaction gauging
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (isolation #120) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:40 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 761, mykonian wrote:I'd really prefer Jordan. If he flips scum that's damning for Maria, town the other way around. And where you have the advantage of knowing Maria pretty well, apparently, I don't, and I see something quite objectively scummy in Jordan. Maria is just "off". Not saying no, but really rather not.
How is it damning for Maria?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (isolation #121) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Joshz »

And all votes on Maria have been anecdotal fallacies
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #122) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Joshz »

I'm fine with lynching either gamma or myko so my vote might be gamma but consider myko 5 too. That hasn't changed.

Fun thought though: what if that whole awful Maria gerry interaction was SvS and staged?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #123) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Joshz »

Jordan is not contributing at all and has bad content. I agree completely and it annoys me too. But like I said, I don't think that's from being scum.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (isolation #124) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 830, Transcend wrote:Well hmm uh uh

I urrrrr durrr
Urh hah vlurrr?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (isolation #125) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:50 am

Post by Joshz »

If you're sheeping sheep gamma
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (isolation #126) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 850, kraska77 wrote:
In post 845, Joshz wrote:If you're sheeping sheep gamma
no words
I meant sheep me zzz
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (isolation #127) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Joshz »

VOTE: gigabyteTroubadour
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (isolation #128) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Joshz »

I THOUGHT WE WERE FRIENDS

I THOUGHT WE HAD

SOMETHING REAL...
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (isolation #129) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Joshz »

I'll change my vote when we get a count cus 4 and 6 are different
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (isolation #130) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Joshz »

That's an example of my lack of experience making me not remember what a common term like sheep means :c
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (isolation #131) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Joshz »

Before I hammer let's see what if anyrhing ep and RK have to say. I'd say jordan too but let's be real here.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #883 (isolation #132) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Joshz »

And Maria and gerry I guess, and Ssbm if you have a final defense give it fast because I do support your lynch rn
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (isolation #133) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:01 am

Post by Joshz »

My reserve is how quickly this wagon grew but I said something earlier about how I'd rather Ssbm over jordan and that's still true.

Also that vote was mostly to fish for scummy reactions but I didn't get lucky ;( I town read giga
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (isolation #134) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 887, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i mean what kind of reaction where u expecting

and yeah the wagon grew kinda quickly and i'm slightly skeeved by myko/gamma/mtd ALL favoring this wagon but like wagon compisition is something to care about post lynch
Ideally someone would try and call me out for a garbage naked vote and switch their vote to me. What this would imply is they do not want an Ssbm lynch and are seizing the opportunity to either save a scum partner or to buy town cred by moving focus off of a townie about to be lynched and then he'll end up lynched while also making me look worse.

Huge hypothetical, yea, but it was mostly just a pipe dream as I idled my vote to see what happened with the Ssbm wagon. Again, the fact it grew this quick worries me.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #135) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 850, kraska77 wrote:
In post 845, Joshz wrote:If you're sheeping sheep gamma
no words
In post 916, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:it's deadline and wagons tend to grow quick at that point

the votes themselves are NAI but later in the game after some flips this will be useful data (how genuine read progressions are, etc.)

also why have i been the patsy of such a reaction test multiple times?? :(
Deadline isn't for 5 days. Is that what's close to deadline? Not sarcastic.

You're a moderare town read to (afaik) everyone, that's why.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (isolation #136) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:47 am

Post by Joshz »

Did not mean to quote kraska

I'm still on board to lynch you too myko :)
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (isolation #137) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Joshz »

Question in general. Ssbm's recent posts were not bad. But they weren't life changingly good either. If someone is L-1 and given an opportunity to speak, why would they not post the most substantive content possible? Ssbm had several hours to think of that reply if he was scum and following the thread actively. So why are people who were ready to lynch so accepting of it? Mykonian in particular please answer since you unvote before the legendary wall post.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #138) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Joshz »

Thanks for the reply and I feel like I'm tunnelling you too much itg with my questions
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #964 (isolation #139) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:49 pm

Post by Joshz »

Kappa
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #140) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Joshz »

:thonkang:
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (isolation #141) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:34 pm

Post by Joshz »

T y p I n g l I k e t h I s I s s l p w
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (isolation #142) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Joshz »

I expect to see a wall post before the end of the day or I'm lynching you.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #978 (isolation #143) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Joshz »

that's not meant 2 be a threat just informing people of my stance :)
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (isolation #144) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Joshz »

Gamma?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (isolation #145) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Joshz »

If im not allowed to say this lmk sorry

Jordan just subbed into a game on another forum. It's an oc so it's very time consuming too. If jordan has time for that, I'd think he'd be more active here. I don't think I can accept accept busy as an excuse anymore from him.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (isolation #146) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Joshz »

He has time to play a huge game but not a small Noc? I still don't think he's likely scum but at this point he's doing nothing being alive and scum is never killing him
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (isolation #147) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:04 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 1004, kraska77 wrote:
In post 986, Joshz wrote:Gamma?
and you
can u explain the wtf logic behind being okay with lynching both ssbm and gamma but refusing to add ur vote to the wagon that actually has traction?
your reasons for scumreading gamme are?
I don't feel right with the lynch. I'd lynch Ssbm over jordan, but that doesn't mean I don't prefer a gamma wagon. I am expecting Ssbm to flip red.

I forget if im still voting for ep bur I think I am and that has no traction so

unvote

vote gamma
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (isolation #148) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Joshz »

Green*
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (isolation #149) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Joshz »

and I will vote Ssbm if we can't get a gamma lynch but I rly want to see gamma's beautiful red role
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1027 (isolation #150) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Joshz »

i believe u
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (isolation #151) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1028, Transcend wrote:i dont believe u
suck my itty bitty dickie
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (isolation #152) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Joshz »

VOTE: maria
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (isolation #153) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Joshz »

damnit transcend

unvote

VOTE: gamma
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (isolation #154) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Joshz »

I've found like 4 transcend games and he always dies day or night 1 oo
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (isolation #155) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by Joshz »

When's deadline because I don't want to be working through it
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #156) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1099, Transcend wrote:He dared

Lol
Vig: don't vig jordan or gerry
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #157) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Post by Joshz »

If Ssbm does get lynched and flips green I personally would vig kraska gamma myko transcend in that order of preference. I'm going to bed now pce
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1176 (isolation #158) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Joshz »

I know what you're doing transcend ;)
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (isolation #159) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Joshz »

I have an idea: are you here ep / gigabyte?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1179 (isolation #160) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Joshz »

Yeah hopefully ep will be here by then too
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (isolation #161) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 1180, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:OK, I'm here now.

Do you need both of us?
Yeah ideally
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (isolation #162) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Joshz »

Whatever

VOTE: ssbm

Hammer is done. If he flips green, vig, shoot myko. If he flips red shoot Maria. Good night.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1241 (isolation #163) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1217, Joshz wrote:Whatever

Hammer is done. If he flips green, vig, shoot myko. If he flips red shoot Maria. Good night.
:)

I agree with the above. Do not hammer. We have a lot of content to go for.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (isolation #164) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Joshz »

After scrolling through Maria's posts gamma looks a lot better to me and I felt like the wagon was probably TvT anyways so for now wew. Annoyed losing gerry though because he was probably my strongest town read. Gonna scroll through his posts now.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1244 (isolation #165) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 502, gerryoat wrote:GOSH. I'm starting to get the reputaton of being useless on this site.

OKAY. From now on I'm gonna be so townie that I'll have to be n1'd every game because people are gonna be like "OMG HE'S SO TOWNIE. WE HAVE TO N1 HIM" GET READY GUYS. U JUST STARTED THE GERRY ERA.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (isolation #166) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Joshz »

After reading through gerry s posts my read on gamma is back down lol he was really confident gamma was scum. Minor other changes: gigabyte is worse, I think there's a chance transcend was claiming to vig Maria in order to give the real vig cover and take some focus off of him, but if that's the case that's a down the road problem. For now: why do you town read gamma transcend?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1249 (isolation #167) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Joshz »

Yes. I'm not saying you're guaranteed scum. It can also be framing. But it makes you look WORSE for sure.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (isolation #168) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Joshz »

Am I allowed to request a sub for him?
He's technically met his prods but like he hasn't even had real content at ANY point during the game, and even his "game progressing posts" have been bad. He is different from idlers like kraska and RK because at least they have content at some point. Jordan has done nothing period and we'd benefit much more from a more active player.

Alternatively not opposed to jordan seeing this and posting more in the slightest but I don't expect it.

Edited. Let's not talk about outside games, and if you have any issues you can discuss with me via PM.

- Mod
Last edited by PenguinPower on Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1254 (isolation #169) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:21 pm

Post by Joshz »

Right now I want to lynch out of gigabyte, mtd, and kraska. Maria's interactions with kraska feels like bussing, plus kraska was literally begging for hammer. I only hammered because I wanted a lynch and it was near deadline, and I said from earlier I'd lynch Ssbm over jordan so I wanted to honor that.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1259 (isolation #170) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Joshz »

In another game someone said someone was lock town and was killed n1. That lock town was scum and almost won. I don't put it past scum to kill someome who town reads them and then reference that back later.

To be fair to gigabyte I agree with jordan read a bit. I really want a sub to actually fucking read though. MTD is coasting as you said, and while his minimal content hasn't been bad he's remained rather neutral.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (isolation #171) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 76, MTD wrote:Ok my biggest problem with that post is that he
implies
gamma to be town.
And then says everyone is null.
Was this the first time someone scum read ssbm?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #172) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 501, MTD wrote:Josh is indeed trying to reduce things to semantic arguments.
Also Josh is scum.
This along with his series of stretch posts on me + the same about ssbm earlier... I know it's generally accepted as poor form to go after people who scum read you but I've always believed you know for a fact you're a mislynch and therefore get a feel for who pushes your mislynch.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (isolation #173) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 609, MTD wrote:
In post 604, Road Kamelot wrote:
In post 601, MTD wrote:Ok, i'll trust rk on transcend town.
I believe myko is town.

i want to lynch ssbm or josh at the moment, but i have only skimmed nadroj so far, i'll get back to that later today
Why are you trusting me on transcend town but disagreeing w literally every other one of my reads????
In post 602, MTD wrote:
In post 575, Transcend wrote:But like

I can't get over how bad every single vote myk made is.
I on the other hand can't get over how bad the votes
on
myko were.
very much looks like a scum driven wagon.
Again why are you trusting me when my myko vote is so bad
I dont think you are an idiot.
I disagree with almost all of your reads, yes, but that is likely to not always be the case throughout the game. I see no reason why your other reads should be reasons to distrust this one unless another one of your reads is directly conditional to your transcend read.
I didnt have the impression that was the case, but if it is, please tell me.
This interaction... lol
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (isolation #174) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Joshz »

i wont object to a vig, hes null for me not town so im not gonna defend him.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1296 (isolation #175) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1294, XnadrojX wrote:
In post 1250, Joshz wrote:
Am I allowed to request a sub for him?
He's technically met his prods but like he hasn't even had real content at ANY point during the game, and even his "game progressing posts" have been bad. He is different from idlers like kraska and RK because at least they have content at some point. Jordan has done nothing period and we'd benefit much more from a more active player.

Alternatively not opposed to jordan seeing this and posting more in the slightest but I don't expect it.

Edited. Let's not talk about outside games, and if you have any issues you can discuss with me via PM.

- Mod
Scuse me you cant demand to kick me out when I'm technically playing.
Scuse me but that's not what I call playing and if your only post after the flips is this and you feel like you're playing we aren't going to agree so maybe stop talking avoid it and yknow, post about the games ND the people scumreading you?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1326 (isolation #176) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 1229, PenguinPower wrote:
Vote Count 1.26 - FINAL

:dead:
ssbm_Kyouko
(7): gigabyteTroubadour, MTD, Transcend, mykonian, Gamma Emerald, kraska77, Joshz
(LYNCH)

Gamma Emerald
(5): gerryoat, ssbm_Kyouko, Road Kamelot, MariaR
gigabyteTroubadour
(1): Errantparabola
Transcend
(1): XnadrojX

Not Voting
:

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-22 17:06:00)

And EP got away voting someone irrelevant getting no blood on his hands... just because he had a few good posts doesn't give him a bye. The only other person who didn't join a wagon is jordan.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (isolation #177) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 933, Errantparabola wrote:I have no time to do typical wall formatting right now, so I apologize for the disorganization
In post 750, Joshz wrote:Not enough content and he comes off too townie. I can't really explain why but my gut is telling me to lynch.
Does anyone have a reaction gif so that I can properly show how functionally incorrect I think this is?
Also: I'd like to retract what I said about the scumread confidence thing, I don't think that's valid hunting business anymore.
In post 785, mykonian wrote:only child, eh?
if the category still existed (and you played more) I'd nom you for most enjoyable player
In post 798, Joshz wrote:And all votes on Maria have been anecdotal fallacies
I'm noting this: you seem to be viewing maria votes in a different light than your non maria votes although imo they're pretty equivalent. that's all
In post 811, gerryoat wrote:Oh dear, how so? You're saying it's opportunistic in which way? Let me explain to you in a way that not only will you know that you're wrong, everyone will know you haven't been reading the game for coming to this conclusion.

You imply that my vote is opportunistic. Which means I'm taking advantage of the fact that others are voting you, correct? Now, if we use this logic, there are only 2 other people that are voting you. One being Maria and the other being Josh. Since you decided to post this now, it means I'm taking advantage of Josh voting you. As you can see from this post, I voted you way before he did.
At first, I thought this was a terrible response (although the push was also bad)
But it makes a lot of sense in context and I'm thinking gerry is town
In post 823, Gamma Emerald wrote:Jordan is just lynchbait. That's independent from his scumminess.
I'm actually starting to come around to this theory (and josh's post before)
in an ideal world, we'd ruthlessly lynch the lynchbait until they stopped being lynchbait and help them become better outside of games to create a sitewide environment of better players, but that's just a faraway dream
i'd still love a jordan lynch but its not something i think i'll push for.

GIGA: your reads lacking any sort of substantive basis shows me one of two things
1) You're minimizing direct interaction with people
2) There is little excuse for them being overall bad

there is no legitimate transition onto the kyouko vote (which I also think is a bad vote)!
in fact, last mention of it was a null read and your only justification for that switch is a hamfisted attempt at saying that myko and gamma, your top scumreads from earlier, are now unvotable
In post 846, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:and why do my catchups give me lynch immunity..........??
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
VOTE: giga

I would be okay with a compromise on most of the names on the table if it came down to desperate deadline shenanigans (actually at that point I'd lynch literally anyone above no lynch)
and yes, I will be here. I had a rough patch in life for a few days there.

Okay
This is incredibly juicy. Who is spreading this deadline paranoia and managing to swing a fast wagon on kyouko here because it's awful and everything about it smells
In post 882, Joshz wrote:Before I hammer let's see what if anyrhing ep and RK have to say. I'd say jordan too but let's be real here.
yeah
here's what I have to say
dont do it dude
your vote is golden where it is
In post 916, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:it's deadline and wagons tend to grow quick at that point
how
is
it
deadline
we have LIKE 30 PERCENT OF THE DAY LEFT
WHAT!
I do like this post a lot. The thing is, he has 18 posts itt... I think that's else than jordan (in quantity).
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (isolation #178) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Joshz »

:D
You forgot Pilver btw transcend
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1362 (isolation #179) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1356, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:who is scumreading EP??? i will fight them :(

like i can see not obvtown but they are definitely town
yo
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1365 (isolation #180) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Joshz »

The trick is to scum read everyone at some point so at the end of the game no matter what u can say I told u so
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (isolation #181) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1364, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1362, Joshz wrote:
In post 1356, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:who is scumreading EP??? i will fight them :(

yo
*fights*

tbh what made my townread on them strong was their scumread on me, it felt pretty nuanced and non-stragetic ... just like the kind of thing town calls out when they're discontent with the gamestate

obviously their read is wrong but it reminded me of the case vs. me when I got mislynched (which was pushed by town)
They sort of come off as very town to me. However, their behaviour seems like what a well played scum could be. Like, he appears to be well versed. He would know what town are looking for to town read and he's provided several of those good posts while having minimal overall activity. He did not get involved in the previous lynch, and he did not interact with Maria. I'm not saying he's my number one scum read but he is not strong town either.

Also earlier I posted defending jordan a lot. I'm done w that for anyone wondering. Scuse me.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (isolation #182) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1367, kraska77 wrote:
In post 1364, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1362, Joshz wrote:

yo
*fights*

tbh what made my townread on them strong was their scumread on me, it felt pretty nuanced and non-stragetic ... just like the kind of thing town calls out when they're discontent with the gamestate

obviously their read is wrong but it reminded me of the case vs. me when I got mislynched (which was pushed by town)
Ignore him he likes to pretend he has real reads it's cute
If I had a read I was confident in I'd have a vote on someone
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (isolation #183) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Joshz »

There was a game where some idiot claimed cop, got ccd, claimed a red result on what turned out to be a townie, and then got vigged and flipped vt

That has no relevance I just found it really funny. Transcend who do you plan on vigging if rk is lynched and flips either green or red
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (isolation #184) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1392, mykonian wrote:
In post 1390, Joshz wrote:There was a game where some idiot claimed cop, got ccd, claimed a red result on what turned out to be a townie, and then got vigged and flipped vt

That has no relevance I just found it really funny. Transcend who do you plan on vigging if rk is lynched and flips either green or red
Kindly stop being so interested in transcend and look at who you want to lynch. He's given evidence he knows what he's doing, we can trust him another night.
He's a very interesting person
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (isolation #185) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1393, Joshz wrote:
In post 1392, mykonian wrote:
In post 1390, Joshz wrote:There was a game where some idiot claimed cop, got ccd, claimed a red result on what turned out to be a townie, and then got vigged and flipped vt

Kindly stop being so interested in transcend and look at who you want to lynch. He's given evidence he knows what he's doing, we can trust him another night.
He's a very interesting person
Serious reply: I am considering lynching rk. I am curios who he intends on vigging. Because he is calling mtd obvtown when I disagree, so I want to see if im on the same page. Right now I'm leaning towards lynching jordan though personally.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (isolation #186) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 1394, mykonian wrote:actually, I'm doing it again, I'm being nice to josh because I am not voting him atm. Why are we letting him get away with this? Don't really care on which site you play, directing a vig/rolefishing can't be a towntell.
Lynch me if you think I'm scum. I don't want you to ignore me because of theoretical other metas. I play the same as scum and town, or at least I try to, and to self meta i generally look scummy because of my general mindset.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (isolation #187) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 1254, Joshz wrote:Right now I want to lynch out of
gigabyte
, mtd, and kraska. Maria's interactions with kraska feels like bussing, plus kraska was literally begging for hammer. I only hammered because I wanted a lynch and it was near deadline, and I said from earlier I'd lynch Ssbm over jordan so I wanted to honor that.
O-O
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (isolation #188) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:38 am

Post by Joshz »

mr expert guy mykonian: i believe jordan is like 60% town. that said, i believe he's never going to be productive itg and could end up causing town to lose in lylo if he is town and i kind of would rather just get rid of that slot. do you think i should lynch him based on that?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1503 (isolation #189) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Joshz »

i can relate 2 u tbh

i dont want to lynch you, but im willing to. thats how i felt about ssbm and he flipped town though so idk lynching you feels *off* but not off enough to argue against it if that makes sense...? i put a lot of stock in transcend's read so that much i do value. i also put stock in ssbm as a conftown calling myko solid town, even though i personally still scum read him a little bit. thats just kinda how i play, i generally put too much into conf town's views because i assume they're smarter than i am and are probably not wrong, thats some self meta. there's only been one time ever as a townie i've had a 100% confident lock town read from something other than un cc'd claims in open setups and cop reads and shit, and that was because i could meta him since i knew him well. i like to lynch people being town read that i disagree with said town reading because on my other site mafia almost always wins, so that's why i'm suspicious of ep, but that could very well just be the fact that town are naturally better at scum reading on this site.

right now where my heads at is im ok with lynching jordan, you (rk), mtd, and giga, and i will not be joining any wagon besides those 3 at this point.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (isolation #190) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Joshz »

4* wrote that and edited giga in and forgot to change to 3
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1508 (isolation #191) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 1507, Road Kamelot wrote:
In post 1503, Joshz wrote:i can relate 2 u tbh

i dont want to lynch you, but im willing to. thats how i felt about ssbm and he flipped town though so idk lynching you feels *off* but not off enough to argue against it if that makes sense...? i put a lot of stock in transcend's read so that much i do value. i also put stock in ssbm as a conftown calling myko solid town, even though i personally still scum read him a little bit. thats just kinda how i play, i generally put too much into conf town's views because i assume they're smarter than i am and are probably not wrong, thats some self meta. there's only been one time ever as a townie i've had a 100% confident lock town read from something other than un cc'd claims in open setups and cop reads and shit, and that was because i could meta him since i knew him well. i like to lynch people being town read that i disagree with said town reading because on my other site mafia almost always wins, so that's why i'm suspicious of ep, but that could very well just be the fact that town are naturally better at scum reading on this site.

right now where my heads at is im ok with lynching jordan, you (rk), mtd, and giga, and i will not be joining any wagon besides those 3 at this point.
Nah it makes sense. You should listen to your gut tho bc this shits gonna go the way the kyouko wagon went if it gets to the end
Josh is still town lol
tbf ssbm wagon ended in a scum getting vigged which is cool
In post 1506, mykonian wrote:
In post 1498, Joshz wrote:mr expert guy mykonian: i believe jordan is like 60% town. that said, i believe he's never going to be productive itg and could end up causing town to lose in lylo if he is town and i kind of would rather just get rid of that slot. do you think i should lynch him based on that?
nah, as far as I can tell he's up for a replacement anyway. Even then, experienced townies have a habit of dizzying themselves in lylo as well as far as I can tell. Only a couple can claim to be actually quite good there. It's a bit of a different ballgame.
fair, ive never been alive for lylo on the town side so i cant relate.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1512 (isolation #192) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Joshz »

Well, if you do flip town i assume you saying MTD will make him more likely to be vigged and it'll be NAI towards MTD if you flip scum, though i havent transcended to transcend's skill yet so who knows
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1540 (isolation #193) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Joshz »

Hell
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (isolation #194) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Joshz »

I've scum read ep since my post about him coming in and making good townie looking posts a couple times and avoiding ALL conflict. I am willing to lynch him. I just don't scum read him hard enough to make a big push.

The issue with jordan scum is that even if we kill him and he flips red imo that indicates nothing about the final scum. He doesn't really have relationships with anyone, he hasn't done anything. His few such as scum reading mtd and his initial shitty reads post were light enough in content they're probably not indicative of his partner.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (isolation #195) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by Joshz »

Well, I certainly agree gamma isn't lock town, that much at least. I started the day off stating I scum read mtd so it wouldn't be a shock to me. I don't know player metas so idk if mtd and EP would typically do that, it could easily just be a distancing tactic though. PoE is cool and all but if one of your lock town reads happened to be wrong (hi myko n.n) that screws up the whole PoE process, or if you mess up a pairing.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1592 (isolation #196) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:23 pm

Post by Joshz »

I don't sr myko anymore

I just don't think he's lock town, I'd rather him be in the probably town group. But hey, I'll trust transcend
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1594 (isolation #197) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Joshz »

Hey I thought about it more and I'm bad at remembering where my vote was but

VOTE: mtd

Verbal poll, if you'd be willing to lynch ep lmk. Otherwise I think this vote is probably staying.

Transcend, all of your super long schlongness aside, how confident are you rk is scum, Very, somewhat, nearly certain, etc. Same question to kraska I GUESS
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1616 (isolation #198) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Joshz »

I'm going to hammer rk some point tomorrow unless something changes my mind
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum