MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:33 am

Post by MariaR »

I want to know what people found scummy on me cause this is sounding REALLY familiar to the game where I was obv af town and one person outted a sr and it slowly became a thing

I want all 3 of you to answer btw it'd help sort my sr's and nul lreads out
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:52 am

Post by MTD »

Ok, i'll trust rk on transcend town.
I believe myko is town.

i want to lynch ssbm or josh at the moment, but i have only skimmed nadroj so far, i'll get back to that later today
still the same old MTD
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:55 am

Post by MTD »

In post 575, Transcend wrote:But like

I can't get over how bad every single vote myk made is.
I on the other hand can't get over how bad the votes
on
myko were.
very much looks like a scum driven wagon.
still the same old MTD
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:01 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 602, MTD wrote:

on
myko were.
Join the gamma wagon we got cookies
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 601, MTD wrote:Ok, i'll trust rk on transcend town.
I believe myko is town.

i want to lynch ssbm or josh at the moment, but i have only skimmed nadroj so far, i'll get back to that later today
Why are you trusting me on transcend town but disagreeing w literally every other one of my reads????
In post 602, MTD wrote:

on
myko were.
Again why are you trusting me when my myko vote is so bad
Reflect on yourself in the heat of passion to reveal what the cold eye of logic sees not.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:48 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 571, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 534, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:uh fuck here's a phonepost prodge
proceeds to wallpost like a champion

I have response to your "myko is buddying" arg and justifications for a general myko townread but i'll see what myko says to it
My stance on myko has started on an early townread. I became less confident in that townread as time went on and considered him a someone i'd like to priority sort. it's back to townread now. I never really supported a myko wagon.
In post 545, XnadrojX wrote:Why could I not be a day 1 lynch if I'm scum?
this is an ugly sentence. that whole post and josh vote is awful.
and to respond to you josh-- the process of lynching someone often yields information along the way. lynches are not fast. they put a person under the spotlight and unless the person just crumbles and folds, then there are going to be some interactions.
In post 549, Joshz wrote:I am 75% sure mykonian is scum and 70% gamma is. They're bigger scum reads that also have bigger payoff if they do flip town. Risk = lower and reward = higher, not rocket science zz
this is an INSANE amount of confidence for a DOUBLE scumread here and makes me less confident in how genuine i think it is, so walk me through what makes you so confident about these two being scum.
In post 561, Road Kamelot wrote:Errant i dont like u voting Jordan after that one post esp after saying gamma is good pressure and that mykonian isnt a gr8 wagon
What are you seeing that im not seeing bc jordan looks plenty town

Pedit MTD gives me the jeebies kraska
kyouko is town bc of their response to my vote

jordan what makes someone feel scum to you
its actually hard to say. somewhere between giga's post (where in response I mentioned gamma being a good vote) and the jordan vote, i think a combination of things happened.

i internalized a reluctance to go after gamma because of people tying gamma scum and mykonian scum-- I think that at this point in the game, that sort of logic is a lot fishier than anything gamma's posted so far. giga, jordan, josh, some others maybe. yeah, its illogical but a lot of people pressuring gamma right now are people that i'm uncomfortable with and that makes me a little uncomfortable pushing gamma.

also jordan made bad posts. I'll give MTD and maybe a few others a look-over later.
I mean, is it? If it's anything below 50 it's not a scum read to me, a slight scum lean would be like 60 and a strong would follow up from there.

I still feel Jordan idle a really easy scum push so far and a lynch on him is too easy. His iso is p bad, his votes are p bad, but imo they're too scummy for him to be scum if that makes any sense at all.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:49 am

Post by Joshz »

I'll reword it: I'm 75% sure one of gamma and myko are scum at the least, and it's more likely myko
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Joshz »

On one hand I want to say MTD's posts have felt like they're trying too hard to be townie and aren't genuine, but I've scum read almost everyone else who's voted me so I'll leave it for now.

Along my jordan logic I am pretty sure at least one of the people pushing me is scum, because I'm new here and I look like an easy target and then they cop out "oh well he looked scummy my bad!?!" The difference is from my other experience via tos I know how noobs are used as easy buffers and that's why the first couple people to go after me and Jordan look significantly worse to me. Jordan especially because in a vacuum he does look scum, I agree with that, so he's a really easy push. I take back getting no info from lynching him at least because idr the first 2 chronologically to wagon him but I'd be willing to bet 1 of those 2 is scum.

On another note: can someone tell me if we are likely to have a jailor and a mayor?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Joshz »

XnadrojX (2): Errantparabola, mykonian

Lol
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:10 am

Post by MTD »

In post 604, Road Kamelot wrote:
In post 601, MTD wrote:Ok, i'll trust rk on transcend town.
I believe myko is town.

Why are you trusting me on transcend town but disagreeing w literally every other one of my reads????
In post 602, MTD wrote:

on
myko were.
Again why are you trusting me when my myko vote is so bad
I dont think you are an idiot.
I disagree with almost all of your reads, yes, but that is likely to not always be the case throughout the game. I see no reason why your other reads should be reasons to distrust this one unless another one of your reads is directly conditional to your transcend read.
I didnt have the impression that was the case, but if it is, please tell me.
still the same old MTD
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 607, Joshz wrote:On one hand I want to say MTD's posts have felt like they're trying too hard to be townie and aren't genuine, but I've scum read almost everyone else who's voted me so I'll leave it for now.

Along my jordan logic I am pretty sure at least one of the people pushing me is scum, because I'm new here and I look like an easy target and then they cop out "oh well he looked scummy my bad!?!" The difference is from my other experience via tos I know how noobs are used as easy buffers and that's why the first couple people to go after me and Jordan look significantly worse to me. Jordan especially because in a vacuum he does look scum, I agree with that, so he's a really easy push. I take back getting no info from lynching him at least because idr the first 2 chronologically to wagon him but I'd be willing to bet 1 of those 2 is scum.

On another note: can someone tell me if we are likely to have a jailor and a mayor?
Define the first one
Governor is likely not here
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:33 am

Post by Joshz »

Jailor gets to jail someome each night. Said person is immune to all night actions. Jailor gets to question that person and decide whether or not to hang them.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Jailor is not a role on this site.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:40 am

Post by MTD »

you can find which roles are likely to appear here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Normal_Game
still the same old MTD
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:43 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 612, Gamma Emerald wrote:Jailor is not a role on this site.
lmao really gamma??

also mayor is called doublevoter here, we definitely don't have one tho.

usually for CSes we don't claim D1 because there isn't a set strategy like there is for open/semi-open setups. exception is if someone has a negative utility role (e.g., miller, ascetic)

but it's usually not a good idea to speculate about roles in general D1

gonna catch up later today tho :up:
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:44 am

Post by MTD »

Jailkeeper is a very different thing than the Jailor that was described.
still the same old MTD
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:48 am

oh woah

yeah that's the tos jailer oops

i assumed he was talking about PS! roles sorry :P
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah
I also play EM so the jailor with the kill was what I thought but I wasn't sure.
<Embrace The Void>

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:49 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 595, Transcend wrote:nadr has decent tone tho

keep the vote on myko
ehm, what? What about Jordans votes has been reasonable?
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:51 am

Post by mykonian »

like, first you'd want "reasons". Which is the least you could give me, at least they had, even if you dont understand them.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Joshz »

Ty @ all above
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:51 pm

sorry myko for the hard-to-quote format :oops:
In post 343, mykonian wrote:I am not like you. Gamma is also not the person I'd need to get a feel for, it's kamelot in this case, they are the active personality.
I don't understand why you wouldn't want to get a feel for multiple players? If you're town you should be trying to sort every slot besides your own.
In post 343, mykonian wrote:I have had a couple of proper newbie games as IC actually, the longwinded lie tell tends to come in a little later as people get a bit more confidence in playing scum, or if they are under attack somehow, that can push people into overexplaining. Here, I don't really get that feel. I get where you come from, but what's the cool term nowadays? NAI? It feels playstyle based rather than allignment, but we can see how that develops. Currently doesn't ring any alarms for me.
I disagree that people would have a set path for when specific tells would come into play... but i mean i respect the fact you at least have personal experience here

i guess it's NAI on its own, but like... it still pings me because a lot of his posts are +1'ing other people, which generally doesn't need a lot of explanation behind it. do you disagree that it looks like he's trying to look like he's contributing? I'm starting to lose my scumread of the slot personally, because a few of his later posts felt townie, but i don't townread him either. Where are you now in sorting him?
In post 343, mykonian wrote:Eh, if you know he's a bit lynchbaity, you adjust the calibration, imo. You somehow have to discern town lynchbait from scum lynchbait. As for the association, right now, you could see it in there, it's a judgement call if you feel RK is a bit too far on Gamma's side and lets go of some suspicion that they might be scum after all altogether. However, if there's a flip, that crystallizes it, at that point, yes, I think it's rather obvious. That is not a scum-scum interaction from a solid, but newer player on MS. RK doesn't strike me as a particulary gambitty player, hence solid.
the problem with lynchbait is that people are too willing to lower the bar sometimes... but like my issue with you and gamma is that you didn't lower the bar until RK called you out for your push on him, which makes the thought process to you making that value call seem inorganic.

as for the associations, i'm glad you at least agree that it's not a SvS dynamic there :P
In post 343, mykonian wrote:I've kicked up my share of dust, didn't change his engagement. Calling him out only made him stubborn. For me, if I were scum, I'd love to get away with the position he currently is in, and he's getting away with it. So it's not just frustration, it's also that if he's scum, I want him out in the open.
You don't think his stubbornness is town stubbornness though? Also, I don't think you would be able to get into his position as scum because a portion of it comes from being new (and not being useless,
xnadr
).

Spoiler: ketchup
In post 347, Transcend wrote:Wagonomics suggest that mykonian is an infinitely better lynch than Gamma Emerald
^ this is huge btw and why i'm not really fazed by the size of the myko wagon

gamma voters should consider moving
In post 353, Transcend wrote:but, due to undisclosed reasons i will not lynch him today
those undisclosed reasons are exactly why xndar is town lmfaooo....... trust me he's going to make shitposts like that a lot

also i feel like i'm the only one that townread that post? i think scum!xndar would know he'd get called out for making a wishy-washy post as scum which is why i think it's genuine
In post 355, Joshz wrote:I said that buddy.... but answer me about SSBM's experience please
brand spanking new i believe. no outside experience either
In post 356, Gamma Emerald wrote:My hope is that scum will fakeclaim something they say they're good at and show poor play with the role in their actions they cklaimed
:?: :?: :?:

yeah no
In post 365, Transcend wrote:I'm feeling something like mykonian and 3/4 of MariaR/gerryoat/XnadrojX.
mykonian + 2/3.5 of gamma/mtd/kyouko/maybe kraska even lmfao is where i'm at
In post 376, Transcend wrote:
In post 373, MariaR wrote:Reason I'm not talking much is I feel like shit today and everything I read goes out the other ear but that's not really a good excuse.
You're right.

It isn't.

Rest of your game looks bleh as well.

Like it's not scummy, but it's objectively not towny?
I disagree strongly??

like Maria's entrance was really obvtown

makes me rly believe in a gamma/myko/kraska team lmaoo
In post 378, MariaR wrote:I'm not trying to be towny? I'm trying to play a game
^^ this is town ^^
In post 403, XnadrojX wrote:lol PS Mafia is just shitposting too.

And how is that post scummy I'm going to ask.

By the way I can assure you all I'm not scum.
^^ also town ^^

i like that he lacks any sort of guilty conscience and instead tries to question the suspicion around him rather than like... fight it? call the people voting for him scum? it's newbtown to me
In post 404, Joshz wrote:Edit my last read on Jordan to strong town because he assured me
this but unironically

maria's makes me want to move my vote.... but wagonnomics

josh votes are still terrible
In post 416, Gamma Emerald wrote:This philosophy just feels wrong
i mean i agree that it's wrong (in that it doesn't really work for me) but the logic behind it makes sense... you're looking for other people in an uninformed position as town, so townreading people for doing what you would do makes sense because you're both uninformed.

do you think it's a scummy way to townhunt?

( answers that but i usually don't edit my catchups lmfao)
In post 434, kraska77 wrote:Wow this thread exploded
HI GIGA <333
ENGAGETH WIT HME OR ELSE UR SCUM

is silly... i guess from knowing transcend a little bit i believe what he said...

so is sorry
In post 442, XnadrojX wrote:My read on Gerry isn't for the idle. Look at how he responds to everything that happens to him. He has an "idgaf" attitude that I don't like, I would say I'm pretty commited to him.
I find that idgaf attitude comes generally from town (at least when they're newer) because town don't usually have to worry about appeasing people by working with them... not that town SHOULDN'T try to work with people but it's not as necessary. What about it is bad?

can't say the same about gamma's "trolliness" tho

still parsing tbhhh
In post 458, MariaR wrote:k now that my point has gotten across back on this
VOTE: Gamma

If there's scum in myko/gamma it's gamma
why do you townread myko?
In post 460, mykonian wrote:I mean, look at my wagon. 2 of the people on there responded to me attacking them by voting (RK and Josh), the 3rd replaced in and went on a crusade which I wasn't sure about (and just backtracked from a horrible maria vote), and that leaves SSBM who apparently nobody really likes though I'm not that bothered. How in the world does that look like a good wagon to any of you. Stop and think for a moment?
good to know my vote is flawless :good:

also i feel like you're trying too hard to characterize your wagon and make it sound scummier than it really is. i didn't have an issue with any of the votes on you.
In post 479, MTD wrote:misrepping myko and the going on as if nothing happened when he calls you out... just no. I'm willing to let a lot slide that can be explained with you coming from a different meta, but this is not such a thing.
??????????

oh i guess kind of explains that but it's still not a good vote...
In post 495, Road Kamelot wrote:The posts above are semantic arguments that don't get good reads my ryes glazed over
Also Josh is town
same
In post 510, gerryoat wrote:Every completed game I've been in with gamma he's been town, so he HAS to be mafia now. Law of averages

VOTE: Gamma
the law of averages isn't a thing u ppl............ it's called the law of large numbers and it's something that takes place over the long term... which a few games of mafia is NOT
. :igmeou:

the person being voted for is fine but the reasoning sucks... do you have an actual scumread on gamma or what

oh is a thing ok. gerry can be a fmott

xnadr is towntelling hard in and . g2k
In post 571, Errantparabola wrote:proceeds to wallpost like a champion

I have response to your "myko is buddying" arg and justifications for a general myko townread but i'll see what myko says to it
My stance on myko has started on an early townread. I became less confident in that townread as time went on and considered him a someone i'd like to priority sort. it's back to townread now. I never really supported a myko wagon.
interesting... i'll wait and see then but idk if myko will address it

why did you say you'd support a myko wagon if you never really did though (i feel like you did say this correct me if i'm wrong)

also the bit in response to you was a p.edit that i didn't feel like ignoring lmfao..... it took a while to write
In post 571, Errantparabola wrote:i internalized a reluctance to go after gamma because of people tying gamma scum and mykonian scum-- I think that at this point in the game, that sort of logic is a lot fishier than anything gamma's posted so far. giga, jordan, josh, some others maybe. yeah, its illogical but a lot of people pressuring gamma right now are people that i'm uncomfortable with and that makes me a little uncomfortable pushing gamma.
at least for me, bringing it up comes from the fact that the two slots are individually scummy and had a significant interaction at one point that could lead one to believe they're not partners. i'm arguing that it could viably be distancing and doesn't really make me want to townread either slot.

plus there's always the fun in thinking you can D1 the entire scumteam~

:right:
Kraska "kraskos" "kranksa" Seventy Seven
:left: needs to talk to me because my townread on her slot is going :down: :down: :down: ... kyouko is not the scummiest person in the game and we need to sort that shit out tbh.

also there's questions in that spoiler to various people that i don't feel like extracting yet. maybe later. i feel exceptionally lazy this game dunno why

should i towncase josh btw because i s2g if someone else votes for him i'm going to scream??? he's super obvtown and actually sheepable (which is pretty sick for a newbie imo). i just... don't get the push on him at all.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Vla till Wednesday...very busy
XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:32 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

In post 616, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:oh woah

yeah that's the tos jailer oops

i assumed he was talking about PS! roles sorry :P
Even on PS! it's called Jailkeeper.
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 607, Joshz wrote: Along my jordan logic I am pretty sure at least one of the people pushing me is scum, because I'm new here and I look like an easy target and then they cop out "oh well he looked scummy my bad!?!" The difference is from my other experience via tos I know how noobs are used as easy buffers and that's why the first couple people to go after me and Jordan look significantly worse to me. Jordan especially because in a vacuum he does look scum, I agree with that, so he's a really easy push. I take back getting no info from lynching him at least because idr the first 2 chronologically to wagon him but I'd be willing to bet 1 of those 2 is scum.
I can't reiterate this paragraph enough. It was kinda skipped over due to my jailor question (my fault sorry) but I feel very strongly about it.

Multi quote sucks but "should i towncase josh btw because i s2g if someone else votes for him i'm going to scream??? he's super obvtown and actually sheepable (which is pretty sick for a newbie imo)."
Is that a compliment? Zz

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”