Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Joshz »

Contradictory I know, but Ssbm being a complete noob makes him in particular look worse scrolling through the thread. I might make a wallpost about this if this remains true after a more in depth look (no time tn)
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 597, MariaR wrote:
In post 574, gerryoat wrote:
In post 540, MariaR wrote:
In post 531, gerryoat wrote:
In post 526, MariaR wrote:Something seems off about me and yet Gerry's joining the same wagon as me TYEERYREXYR5XUY5
Yes, how does it make you feel that your scumread is voting the person you're voting?
Shouldn't I be asking you this question
I already outed why I'm voting him and i didn't care if you were voting him or not. I'm saying how do you feel about me, your scumread, following the person you're voting. Answer and don't deflect please.
I'm not deflecting when I never had a sr on you in the first place you blind bat -_-
In post 145, MariaR wrote:
In post 144, gerryoat wrote:
In post 142, MariaR wrote:Gerry flipped scum

ok
bad reaction
VOTE: Gerry
Are you sure about that? Because it clearly states here that you did. If you changed your read, why did you? Also, can you explain the reason why you decided to say I flipped scum if you can remember? Try not to deflect anymore.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:26 pm

Post by gerryoat »

In post 611, Joshz wrote:Jailor gets to jail someome each night. Said person is immune to all night actions. Jailor gets to question that person and decide whether or not to hang them.
I assume you're from epicmafia?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Giga, I think it would be easier if you just outed a reads list in order, as it would make it easier to follow for the lazier ones. 2 questions.

1.) Do you honestly TR Maria for this line?
In post 378, MariaR wrote:I'm not trying to be towny? I'm trying to play a game
If so, why? I can assure you that the line you're are referring to can be easily faked, especially since MariaR isn't a new player who would say it more naturally. Is there past context that makes you read into that line more than you should be?

2.) What does fmott mean?

I was obviously being facetious when I was saying that the law of averages would be the reason why gamma is mafia sided, but I do like the fact that it looked as though you were actually reading in order.
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by gerryoat »

I'm starting to TR MTD, based on their tone in a few posts. Though I can't say it's that strong, it's still the highest townread I have encountered in this game so far.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by Joshz »

In post 627, gerryoat wrote:
In post 611, Joshz wrote:Jailor gets to jail someome each night. Said person is immune to all night actions. Jailor gets to question that person and decide whether or not to hang them.
I assume you're from epicmafia?
Town of Salem and smogon
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by gerryoat »

I didn't know some many people were into pokemon here, I'm excited for the new gen nerfs and buffs. Either way, Josh who would you say you TR and scumread the most. Top 2 for both
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:29 am

Post by mykonian »

EM one doesn't hang them, I think.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:32 am

Post by mykonian »

troubadour, I get the feeling that the conversation that that post is part of is well past by now, is there anything you'd still want to know now?
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:44 am

Post by kraska77 »

okay i have some time rn...i reread the first 10 pages and i feel like im seeing the game with new eyes :p
TRANSCEND, GIGA AND WHOEVER ELSE IS FAMILIAR WITH MARIA...just read her early exchange with mykonian, it's awfully out of character for her to be this irresolute about pushing someone she elieves is trying to manipulate people's perception of a slot shes tonreading(or not scumreading...whatever)
i think she was pretty lukewarm about the whole thing. she did the thing where scum exploit someone's mishap as much as possible(she dragged the tired dialogue about mykonian's comment on gamma's post across many pages) but when signs of a wagon on mykonian began to materialise, she's like "okay guys im just gonna keep dragging this tired useless exchange and consider me voting myko byez" like fk. look at that. every bit of it looks like dissociating herself from a town flip.
mykos town
marias a fucking scumbutt
ssbm needs rope so fucking bad

i love both ssbm and maria ropes but it looks like a maria rope is more likely today
VOTE: maria
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:55 am

Post by mykonian »

Not a fan but you seem quite convinced, feel free to try to convince me? I fear I'm not quite sure what situation you mean with: "it's awfully out of character for her to be this irresolute about pushing someone she elieves is trying to manipulate people's perception of a slot shes tonreading(or not scumreading...whatever)"
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:02 am

Post by kraska77 »

she put a lot of effort into refuting your points on gamma, but little into actually pushing a lynch on you or calling you scum. her posts make it pretty obvious she findy you scummy but she never really pushes you. i feel like this is scum trying to exploit you misreading gamma's motivations to gain town credit, rather than town who is trying to sort you
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 631, gerryoat wrote:I didn't know some many people were into pokemon here, I'm excited for the new gen nerfs and buffs. Either way, Josh who would you say you TR and scumread the most. Top 2 for both
Myk gamma

Idk town
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:55 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 636, kraska77 wrote:she put a lot of effort into refuting your points on gamma, but little into actually pushing a lynch on you or calling you scum. her posts make it pretty obvious she findy you scummy but she never really pushes you. i feel like this is scum trying to exploit you misreading gamma's motivations to gain town credit, rather than town who is trying to sort you
Alright, this is 2 parts selfmeta 1 part reasoning, but I think you are on the wrong track here Kraska. I've seen people like Maria before and the response tends to come out to some extend in every game.

It's a habit of mine (because I believe it's right) to start scumhunting asap, nearly every game I have is out of the RVS by the end of page 2. Not because I dislike the RVS alone, but also because I think the start of the game, and lylo, are the times the scum are most insecure, and that's something I want to exploit. So the gates open, and you hit the floor running, you keep up the pace so scum have to catch up constantly. At some point the game settles and then scum have a feel for where it will go, which people they need to play, who are lynch targets, etc and at some point you try to sift through the dust you've thrown up and hope one or two cases actually stuck.

Now this means two things. One, the first cases are flimsy. Basically they are on wording or something like that. It's not quite creating something out of thin air, but it's not far off either. 95% of the time in mafia games you'll play with way more informations and standard for cases will be way better than what you can make in the first couple of pages. So it never looks all that great, this isn't the first and won't be the last game where in the first couple of pages I'm a controversial person (depends on the town if more or less than half the people go with me, or against me). It doesn't mean they are wrong per sé, but you do have less to work with. Second, town as well, is not really used to the game starting off like that. Some people will balk and feel it's all going too quickly.

Now Maria strikes me as somewhat of a thoughtful player, and in that case I might be pushing her comfort zone more than actually triggering a scumread if she thinks about it. She was indeed reserved, and that got her towncred, and it indeed might very well mean she's my blind spot scum, but just as likely it's her mentality towards the game. She would not be the first that puts the breaks on, then again, she could indeed be scum who talked plenty but tried to stay reasonable. Either way, it's not as obvious as you think it is and as such I'd love to see more from Maria, leave her for a day or two. There's plenty of better lynches out there (transcend, josh, jordan).
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:58 am

Post by mykonian »

Also on the last note, it's silly that the Jordan wagon has not gone further than two votes. If any player deserved to be the default lynch because on top of actually not delivering anything, looking scummy while doing that, it's not gamma, it's not ssbm, it's Jordan.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Joshz »

Vote count?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Vote Count 1.15

Macaroni penguins lay two eggs with only one chick usually being reared. The stronger of the chicks kills and feeds off of the blood of the weaker

:!:
mykonian
(5): Road Kamelot, gigabyteTroubadour, Transcend, ssbm_Kyouko, Joshz
Gamma Emerald
(2): MariaR, gerryoat
XnadrojX
(2): Errantparabola, mykonian
Transcend
(1): Gamma Emerald
Joshz
(1): MTD
MTD
(1): XnadrojX
MariaR
(1): kraska77

Not Voting
:

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-22 17:06:00)

Notes:
  • Kraska77 V/LA until 11/16
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:24 am

Post by Joshz »

Thanks.

Does anybody besides mykonian and Errantparabola actually scum read jordan?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:10 am

Post by mykonian »

you should :)
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:18 am

Post by MTD »

I'm not as confident on it, but i can see it?
still the same old MTD
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:53 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 626, gerryoat wrote:
In post 526, MariaR wrote:Something seems off about me and yet Gerry's joining the same wagon as me TYEERYREXYR5XUY5
Yes, how does it make you feel that your scumread is voting the person you're voting?
I already outed why I'm voting him and i didn't care if you were voting him or not. I'm saying how do you feel about me, your scumread, following the person you're voting. Answer and don't deflect please.
I'm not deflecting when I never had a sr on you in the first place you blind bat -_-

ok
bad reaction
Are you sure about that? Because it clearly states here that you did. If you changed your read, why did you? Also, can you explain the reason why you decided to say I flipped scum if you can remember? Try not to deflect anymore.
I'm not deflecting it's called making a joke just like your scumhunting skills gerry
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:56 am

Post by MariaR »

I'm pushing Gamma because out of Myd and Gamma Gamma is the more scummy player by far and I've pointed out and said why Gamma is scummy everyone is just ignoring my points
I think the MYD wagon is really really bad because his little backtrack transcend posts caught my eye as real effort
The fact the gamma wagon isn't going anywhere seems like MYD counter wagon to me
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:04 am

Post by MariaR »

Alright I'ma do something a little different this game stay tuned.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:35 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 637, Joshz wrote:
In post 631, gerryoat wrote:I didn't know some many people were into pokemon here, I'm excited for the new gen nerfs and buffs. Either way, Josh who would you say you TR and scumread the most. Top 2 for both
Myk gamma

Idk town
Is it possible that I could talk you into voting Gamma instead here?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:37 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 645, MariaR wrote:
In post 626, gerryoat wrote:

ok
bad reaction
I'm not deflecting it's called making a joke just like your scumhunting skills gerry
This is interesting. You're insulting my scumhunting skills, yet I'm voting the person you think is mafia? Is that a mental slip or what are you trying to say? You basically just called the person you're voting town by extension.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”