Steam Sale

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Great choice buying Bastion. Especially if you got it on sale. I'm not a huge fan of the whole 10 hour game for 20 bucks thing, but if you got it on sale, it's definitely worth it.

Yeah, I don't really buy any non-multiplayer games when they aren't on sale. I want more hours on the game than dollars I spent on it. So far, I'm doin pretty good with purchases I've made myself. Dishonored is the only one I've spent less time than money on it, and while I liked it, I was disappointed at how short it was.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Interplanetary is a really good game that I just got. It's just 5 bucks. Highly recommend, if you've got some friends you could play it with. Also, if you're really into MMORPGs, I recommend Elder Scrolls Online. As far as MMORPGs go, it's a pretty good one, and with the playerbase lower than it was at Beta, it's less shitty. Also, only 10 bucks. Goooood stuff.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #2) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:57 pm

In post 6, Nero Cain wrote:I want to get
Grim Dawn
but that
Ark:Survival Evolved
looks good too.
Quick warning before you make the same mistake I did.

Make sure your PC is 100% built for gaming. I've tried this on numerous PCs, but the only ones that had above 10 fps were actual gaming laptops. I'm talking Alienwares or Asus ROG stuff. It doesn't matter if you've got a nice vid card and 16 GBs RAM. That thing will just demolish your computer.

PEdit: Nope. Haven't since the beta. They removed that ages ago.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:32 am

In post 10, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 8, DiamondSentinel wrote:Quick warning before you make the same mistake I did.

Make sure your PC is 100% built for gaming. I've tried this on numerous PCs, but the only ones that had above 10 fps were actual gaming laptops. I'm talking Alienwares or Asus ROG stuff. It doesn't matter if you've got a nice vid card and 16 GBs RAM. That thing will just demolish your computer.
is this about Grim or Ark or both?
Ark

I've never played Grim
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:06 am

In post 19, mykonian wrote:
In post 16, Porochaz wrote:Transistor is sitting in my Library currently, I bought it in the 2015 steam summer sale. Haven't got round to it yet...
it's a good game but it isn't Bastion. :)

Idk, I'm looking at this steam sale and overwhelmed with options I don't know if I want. We'll see.
I dunno. They are 2 totally different games.

I personally like Transistor more. Bastion's gameplay was interesting, but it got repetitive and it wasn't really that big of a challenge. Although I do like the story. But Transistor's gameplay was challenging and incredibly fun, and I really really enjoyed the story.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #28 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:30 am

In post 25, TheButtonmen wrote:
In post 20, mykonian wrote:I have to say, this is why I miss scumchat. JD/izzy got me on some oddball picks that I would never have considered but ended up being great.
i got you for todays sale myko

life is strange for best walking simulator
stardew for best oh god where did the last three hours go simulator
ori and the blind forest for best game (if you like platforming)
ori and the blind forest for best soundtrack
I dunno. Mount and Blade: Warband gives Stardew Valley a run for its money for that award. I've sat down for a sitting and then realized 13 hours later I haven't even taken a break to pee for both games.
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “The Arcade”