Steam Sale

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Steam Sale

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Porochaz »

I'm looking for new games.

I just bought
- This is the Police
- Her Story
- Bastion
- Stories: The Path of Destinies

Anyone got deals or anything exciting? or a Pigeon Dating Sim?
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I haven't bought anything yet, but I notice that Fallout 4 is selling for 15, so I might get that. I was hoping that Planet Coaster would be on sale, but since it just came out, that might be a little optimistic to hope for.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by Chevre »

HER STORY IS SO GOOD OMG
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Porochaz »

I just finished it. I'm not quite sure what to think of the ending, I'm leaning
1 not 2
Make that as vague as possible. I did change that around three times, there's arguments for both.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Great choice buying Bastion. Especially if you got it on sale. I'm not a huge fan of the whole 10 hour game for 20 bucks thing, but if you got it on sale, it's definitely worth it.

Yeah, I don't really buy any non-multiplayer games when they aren't on sale. I want more hours on the game than dollars I spent on it. So far, I'm doin pretty good with purchases I've made myself. Dishonored is the only one I've spent less time than money on it, and while I liked it, I was disappointed at how short it was.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm

Interplanetary is a really good game that I just got. It's just 5 bucks. Highly recommend, if you've got some friends you could play it with. Also, if you're really into MMORPGs, I recommend Elder Scrolls Online. As far as MMORPGs go, it's a pretty good one, and with the playerbase lower than it was at Beta, it's less shitty. Also, only 10 bucks. Goooood stuff.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I want to get
Grim Dawn
but that
Ark:Survival Evolved
looks good too.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 5, DiamondSentinel wrote:I recommend Elder Scrolls Onlin
do you have to pay a subscription fee?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:57 pm

In post 6, Nero Cain wrote:I want to get
Grim Dawn
but that
Ark:Survival Evolved
looks good too.
Quick warning before you make the same mistake I did.

Make sure your PC is 100% built for gaming. I've tried this on numerous PCs, but the only ones that had above 10 fps were actual gaming laptops. I'm talking Alienwares or Asus ROG stuff. It doesn't matter if you've got a nice vid card and 16 GBs RAM. That thing will just demolish your computer.

PEdit: Nope. Haven't since the beta. They removed that ages ago.
“Why was I chosen?'
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah too much stuff I want. I needs more monies. And I just sorta want to get Blood and Bacon just for shits and giggles.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 7:09 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 8, DiamondSentinel wrote:Quick warning before you make the same mistake I did.

Make sure your PC is 100% built for gaming. I've tried this on numerous PCs, but the only ones that had above 10 fps were actual gaming laptops. I'm talking Alienwares or Asus ROG stuff. It doesn't matter if you've got a nice vid card and 16 GBs RAM. That thing will just demolish your computer.
is this about Grim or Ark or both?

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 0, Porochaz wrote:- This is the Police
- Her Story
- Bastion
All of these are solid picks.

My library is filled with excellent games that do not deserve to languish in zero play time, so I'll probably either skip out on this sale or get Umineko When They Cry for the retranslation (and because Hanasawa got me interested in it again).

Anyone make any nominations for their new Steam Awards thing?
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 3, Porochaz wrote:I just finished it. I'm not quite sure what to think of the ending, I'm leaning
1 not 2
Make that as vague as possible. I did change that around three times, there's arguments for both.
Spoiler: Her Story spoilers
Gosh, I was going to come in here and definitely say 2, but even I'm not sure. There's the tattoo thing, which is the big piece for me -- but the childhood seems very convoluted, but also the fact that a whole second childhood could be made up also seems convoluted . . . so good!

Did you have an interesting path? I think I investigated things around the alibi for a bit until I searched "taxi" and came up with the clip talking about the trip to the Bob Dylan concert, which really sort of opened the floodgates.

I will definitely look through the sale list like, tomorrow morning or something. :P
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 12, Chevre wrote:
In post 3, Porochaz wrote:I just finished it. I'm not quite sure what to think of the ending, I'm leaning
1 not 2
Spoiler: Her Story spoilers
Gosh, I was going to come in here and definitely say 2, but even I'm not sure. There's the tattoo thing, which is the big piece for me -- but the childhood seems very convoluted, but also the fact that a whole second childhood could be made up also seems convoluted . . . so good!

Did you have an interesting path? I think I investigated things around the alibi for a bit until I searched "taxi" and came up with the clip talking about the trip to the Bob Dylan concert, which really sort of opened the floodgates.

I will definitely look through the sale list like, tomorrow morning or something. :P
Spoiler: Her Story spoilers, if you plan on playing the game, don't look
I actually got the last video very quickly, like 2/3 searches. I was searching names mainly so went through The Rock staff and the glaziers, and quite quickly got to Eve, the drowning, Florence and her parents, I thought she was a serial murderer. (Which Im not totally convinced she isn't) I then kinda got the impression she had DID, from the video "Hannah, Hannah, Hannah, why are you talking about Eve?" which was really just a hunch. DID is something I find interesting anyway, so I guess I jumped to that conclusion before most would? But I explored that and whether it was actually twins before I got to 50% of the videos. It took me a while to get to Glasgow and even then, the pregnancy was still relatively hidden for a while, somehow. Certainly that there was more than 1.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:00 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 11, Equinox wrote:
In post 0, Porochaz wrote:- This is the Police
- Her Story
- Bastion
All of these are solid picks.

My library is filled with excellent games that do not deserve to languish in zero play time, so I'll probably either skip out on this sale or get Umineko When They Cry for the retranslation (and because Hanasawa got me interested in it again).

Anyone make any nominations for their new Steam Awards thing?
I hadn't really looked at it. I would award this war is mine and ftl awards from my previous buys, they are definitely two of my favourite games bought on steam. I play so much ftl.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Bins »

In post 0, Porochaz wrote:I'm looking for new games.

I just bought
- This is the Police
- Her Story
- Bastion
- Stories: The Path of Destinies

Anyone got deals or anything exciting? or a Pigeon Dating Sim?
Bastion is amazing and if you like it I recommend Transistor.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Porochaz »

Transistor is sitting in my Library currently, I bought it in the 2015 steam summer sale. Haven't got round to it yet...
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:32 am

In post 10, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 8, DiamondSentinel wrote:Quick warning before you make the same mistake I did.

is this about Grim or Ark or both?
Ark

I've never played Grim
“Why was I chosen?'
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Chevre »

OK, stuff I bought from my wishlist:
Dead Rising
Dishonored
Drawful 2
King of Dragon Pass
Reigns

Might come back later and see what y'all suggested.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:27 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 16, Porochaz wrote:Transistor is sitting in my Library currently, I bought it in the 2015 steam summer sale. Haven't got round to it yet...
it's a good game but it isn't Bastion. :)

Idk, I'm looking at this steam sale and overwhelmed with options I don't know if I want. We'll see.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:28 am

Post by mykonian »

I have to say, this is why I miss scumchat. JD/izzy got me on some oddball picks that I would never have considered but ended up being great.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:06 am

In post 19, mykonian wrote:
In post 16, Porochaz wrote:Transistor is sitting in my Library currently, I bought it in the 2015 steam summer sale. Haven't got round to it yet...

Idk, I'm looking at this steam sale and overwhelmed with options I don't know if I want. We'll see.
I dunno. They are 2 totally different games.

I personally like Transistor more. Bastion's gameplay was interesting, but it got repetitive and it wasn't really that big of a challenge. Although I do like the story. But Transistor's gameplay was challenging and incredibly fun, and I really really enjoyed the story.
“Why was I chosen?'
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Porochaz »

I have bigger games I want (fallout 4, witcher 3) but until I get a new computer I won't be able to play them. I also want to try the previous fallouts first.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Bins »

In post 21, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 19, mykonian wrote:

I dunno. They are 2 totally different games.

I personally like Transistor more. Bastion's gameplay was interesting, but it got repetitive and it wasn't really that big of a challenge. Although I do like the story. But Transistor's gameplay was challenging and incredibly fun, and I really really enjoyed the story.
Yeah, I think I liked Transistor more. But they're very close.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:58 am