ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

At least one Mafioso is down - nice job to the town vigilante.

gerryoat is a shocking NK as he had only posted 3 times.

Let's try not to fuck this DP up by hammering someone by mistake.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

Gerry was likely shot because there's literally nothing connecting him to anyone.

VOTE: Lil Uzi

Terrible jump on josh
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

No point in analyzing night kills.

Why was my jump terrible?
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

In post 121, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:@nn30: Agree to disagree.

@Josh: Your vote on Penguin didn't look random. It seemed like you laid down a serious vote for 1-Shot and changed it to Penguin because you were scum reading him for his little debate with TB. Either way, lying about not reading your role PM when the mod said everyone had confirmed in does not sit well with me.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Josh
This is the only post where you talk about josh. The first part feels like you trying way too hard to force what josh's intent is. The second part is the same bad "policy lynch" logic that bad players try to use to justify lynches. These are both bad reasons for voting him. The fact that you put him at L-1 with this, within an hour of dreamer and thinkbig's votes, make it look at lot like you tried to sneak in on a fast-moving lynch
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I mean we seemed to be out of RVS when he voted for 1-Shot and I felt there was enough posts from both TB and PP at the time for his vote on PP to be a serious one. I don't see how you don't think it was fair to scum read someone who claimed they didn't read their role PM after the mod confirmed that everyone did. Especially in this case where that was his one of his reactions to all the pressure.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

If he was scumreading penguin when he voted and it wasn't random, why would he not tell you the truth

Lying about not reading role pm isn't a scumtell. There's no reason to do it as scum. All it does is bring a lot of unwanted attention that scum's way.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

It may or may not be a scum tell, but it is certainly very bad practice and bad play.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

That's not a scum tell
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don't know why he played like did DH. It left me confused all of Night 1 and it still does now. All I can say is that I didn't see the town motivation behind any of his lies and his reaction to the pressure being to claim he didn't read his role PM coming from town. His votes without reason which he claimed were RVS read like serious votes to me and all I wanted to know was his how and why he came to voting for who he did so I could see if I had missed something. Maybe I let my disgust for naked votes and not explaining reads cloud my judgment but I don't regret voting for him despite how terrible I feel about the ending of Day 1.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Prodge. Holiday weekend.
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 209, Flubbernugget wrote:Prodge. Holiday weekend.
Really? That's your first post this game?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Pine »

Ugh, this game.

Moving on. I'm inclined to look at the latter part of Josh's wagon to try and identify opportunistic scum smelling blood in the water and going for the kill. Looking at the votes, that suggests to me {Drealmerz, ThinkBig, and LUV}, the 4th, 5th, and 6th votes on him, respectively. The merit of this approach is immediately evident, as Drealmerz scummed right onto the wagon. Regrettably, I spotted that a little too late D1 to save Josh. Fortunately, Vig/SK saw it too and we don't have to spend a lynch on him. That leaves me to look at ThinkBig and LUV. Of the two, LUV seems to not really grok what's going on in this game, and it comes off as a bit unfeigned. I'm inclined to think the sheep onto the Josh wagon was a genuine sheep off of a well-presented (albeit incorrect) case.

That leaves ThinkBig. Drealmerz and TB both went for Josh in rapid succession, elevating that wagon from an early exploration and pressure to L-2. It's hardly a wonder that newbieTown panicked, felt ostracized, and suicided. Taken as a whole, TB's behavior strikes me as opportunistic, as does his daystart congratulating the Vig. He's a bit new too, so it's hardly inconceivable that he just wouldn't know that that sort of thing is a common overcompensating behavior of disappointed scum, on par with betting too big on a bluff in order to cover the fact that you've got nothing. Attack on Flubber in 210 fits with this theory, as it serves to suppress or discredit new perspectives before they appear.

Vote ThinkBig
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Pine - I'm really liking LUV right now. I'll come back and back that up with something other than gut tomorrow when I'm not tired.

I'm really liking you Pine. That's a level of analytical reasoning that's difficult to fake as town. Not only that, the only other time I've seen it faked so effectively was by a scum player who never ended their 'analysis' with a vote. I picked up on it (because I was their partner) but nobody else did.

What makes Pine's behavior and my ex partner's behavior different is that Pine is actively moving the discussion somewhere (and following it up with a vote) while my partner was more conservative.

I'm heavily town reading Pine right now.

I'd like to point out that he is actively trying to solve the game while ThinkBig is more or less just throwing shade. Look at .
ThinkBig
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:35 pm

Post by ThinkBig »

In post 212, nn30 wrote:What makes Pine's behavior and
my ex partner's behavior
different is that Pine is actively moving the discussion somewhere (and following it up with a vote) while my partner was more conservative.
Pardon?
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

In post 213, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 212, nn30 wrote:What makes Pine's behavior and
my ex partner's behavior
different is that Pine is actively moving the discussion somewhere (and following it up with a vote) while my partner was more conservative.
Pardon?
Did you read his post
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Dark Horse »

Pine what do you mean by "not really grok what's going on in this game"
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 143, drealmerz7 wrote:Garmr - to me both pine and TB came out a bit scummy from that stuff but TB was more scummy to me what you see as trying to figure it out seems more like a convenient fake of scum-hunting - FoS on both
This post is pretty informative if you can read between the lines.

Here he is trying to convince me to stop voting pine even through he says he is scummy and jump on to TB( Think Big.)

I can say from this interaction alone that Think Big is most likely town. As I don't think Drealmerz would try to butter me up so he could move my vote to a scum buddy.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Pine »

Garmr, we've played together before. You're smarter than this. Blind tunneling is looking scummy.
In post 215, Dark Horse wrote:Pine what do you mean by "not really grok what's going on in this game"
Well, aside from the fact that the meaning is pretty plain via context, and the fact that you have Google at your fingertips (and Google has a good definition), I'll clarify. Grok is an obscure slang to indicate intuitive understanding. I was suggesting that LUV seems lost and more than a little confused, which in my book suggests he's part of the uninformed majority. There's also a competence connotation that I was trying not to make explicit, out of politeness.

His difficulty getting a handle on the game does not strike me as artifice.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 208, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don't know why he played like did DH. It left me confused all of Night 1 and it still does now. All I can say is that I didn't see the town motivation behind any of his lies and his reaction to the pressure being to claim he didn't read his role PM coming from town.
His votes without reason which he claimed were RVS read like serious votes to me
and all I wanted to know was his how and why he came to voting for who he did so I could see if I had missed something. Maybe I let my disgust for naked votes and not explaining reads cloud my judgment but I don't regret voting for him despite how terrible I feel about the ending of Day 1.
This post annoys the hell out of me. His 2 votes on 1 shot wonder and penguin had no actual text so how the fuck could they be serious votes?

He also actual did have a solid reasoning for the time to vote pine (I had a similar opinion.) underneath the bad one if you bothered to check.
In post 70, Joshz wrote:
That post you quoted, Pine, is a clear joke, and trying to build a serious argument around it is awful. And you can't make an argument against no lynch in Mylo because sometimes it's a good idea and sometimes it's not, that's a game specific situation, there's no blanket answer.

So real vote: VOTE: pine
Also as people have said before lying about checking your role pm isn't alignment indicative also it's possible he didn't lie and just sent the words confirm with out checking the role.

This is more a bitching post than anything I just wanted to get it off my chest.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:02 pm

Post by Pine »

Not checking your role PM is NAI. Lying about not checking it is pure scum.

We're not going to have any progress rehashing the foundation of the Josh lynch. The reasoning was solid, but predicated on him having more experience and know-how than he did. He went driving on a learner's permit and didn't understand the traffic signals, causing an accident.

Much more interesting are the people who used his mistake to get an easy quick lynch.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 217, Pine wrote:Garmr, we've played together before. You're smarter than this. Blind tunneling is looking scummy.
In post 215, Dark Horse wrote:Pine what do you mean by "not really grok what's going on in this game"
Well, aside from the fact that the meaning is pretty plain via context, and the fact that you have Google at your fingertips (and Google has a good definition), I'll clarify. Grok is an obscure slang to indicate intuitive understanding. I was suggesting that LUV seems lost and more than a little confused, which in my book suggests he's part of the uninformed majority. There's also a competence connotation that I was trying not to make explicit, out of politeness.

Ok lets take the people and our reads on each other out of the equation. This for everyone else as well.

we have factor 1, 2, 3 and scum

Say I am factor 1 I know I am town but for this equation lets put me at null since you don't have that information unless you are scum.
You are factor 2
And tb is factor 3

Factor 1 has a scum read on Factor 2. Scum comes along and tries to convince Factor 1 to shift his vote the Factor 3

No matter the alignment of factor 1 or 2 factor 3 is unlikely to be scum.

If factor 1 is town scum is unlikely to try and convince factor 1 to vote factor 3 if factor 3 was a scum buddy. Because if factor 2 is town the wagon on factor 2 is more likely to get lynched than factor 3 who was in a pretty comfy position. If Factor 2 is scum then it makes no sense to suggest another scum buddy over factor 2.

If factor 1 is scum (not the case but lets factor it anyway.) It still makes no sense for factor 3 to be scum because of factor 3s position in the game (unlikely to get lynched.). if factor 2 is town then there's no reason to move off factor 2 to a scum buddy and if factor 2 is scum then that's the whole scum team making 3 town by default.

All the paths lead to tb being town in my book.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 217, Pine wrote:Garmr, we've played together before. You're smarter than this. Blind tunneling is looking scummy.

You're right we have played together before and didn't we lose a entire game because of my blind tunneling (A problem I have been trying to work on) Also dwlee can attest to me blind tunneling in a past game with him. So what's curious is how your trying to portray it as scummy here as a threat to try and make back off. Also I'm not blindly tunneling here notice how I haven't placed a vote yet I'm processing the information from a drealmers scum flip still.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Pine »

It's called 'bussing,' Garmr. Your theory ONLY works if I'm scum, and Drealmerz was trying to move votes off of him and onto me. Considering that Drealmerz was actually attacking me pretty hard at day end, your premise doesn't hold water.

It's a classic soft bus. Mention two people, one Town and the other your scumbuddy. Give an unsupported scumread against your buddy, then spend your time attacking your real target. Hint: It was me.

PEdit: I don't remember the game you're referring to, but it doesn't really matter. If you lost a game that way, you correct the behavior and move on. You don't get to continually use it as an excuse to do scummy shit. I mean, Christ, you've hardly given an opinion on anyone other than me and now TB.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 222, Pine wrote:It's called 'bussing,' Garmr. Your theory ONLY works if I'm scum, and Drealmerz was trying to move votes off of him and onto me. Considering that Drealmerz was actually attacking me pretty hard at day end, your premise doesn't hold water.

It's a classic soft bus. Mention two people, one Town and the other your scumbuddy. Give an unsupported scumread against your buddy, then spend your time attacking your real target. Hint: It was me.

PEdit: I don't remember the game you're referring to, but it doesn't really matter. If you lost a game that way, you correct the behavior and move on. You don't get to continually use it as an excuse to do scummy shit. I mean, Christ, you've hardly given an opinion on anyone other than me and now TB.
What reasoning does he have to bus and why push tb over you if you are town? Also I'm not using it as a excuse and I'm not hard tunneling. Pine You honestly haven't put any real content out there just a bunch of random insults at people who pushed you day 1.

Day 2 case on tb is pretty meh as well.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Pine »

The only person I've been mocking is you Garmr, so you can stow that plural pronoun.

Further, he didn't really push TB over me. As I said in literally the post before yours, he mentioned TB, then went after me. That's a classic soft bus. You offer up your teammate without much supporting evidence, then go after your true target - me.

Seriously, flipped scum offered one target, then went after me. How does that not scream bait-and-switch to you?

Case on TB is pretty solid. You're kinda the one who's doing nothing but throwing shade.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”