Rule Addition Regarding Hiding Identity from Staff

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 10, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 3, Nexus wrote:#banallalts
In post 13, Spiffeh wrote:
In post 8, Cheetory6 wrote:The mods should ban one person every day to appease the hungry masses.
ftfy
In post 24, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Additionally, looking at it from the other perspective, how do you reconcile the advantages this could grant a member of the moderation team?

And I'm not talking about abuse or breaking the rules states here, I mean that there now exist a set of players on site who may or may not have the knowledge of who you are, when much of the point of an alt is often to remove just that.

No matter how you look at it, it provides a significant consideration, even if the moderator DOESN'T know who the person is.

Because the mod is gagged on speaking about it, players are left to make their own assumptions about whether or not the mod knows the identity of the user and thus whether that factors into the strength of their read or how other people view them.

There's just no possible way it doesn't shift the dynamic of the game, at least in some small capacity.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature
Allomancer
Allomancer
Goon
Allomancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Allomancer »

In post 81, Vi wrote:Bob's initial score is negative. Using the alt puts him back to zero. That's why people use alts.
"Who the fuck counts in Babylonian? I'm impressed sir. So impressed that I'm going to ruin your counting."—
xofelf

"This might be the worst hydra I've seen in all of mafiascum history."—
T-bone

"idk, you don't feel like an easy mislynch"—
Creature

Return to “News”