Rule Addition Regarding Hiding Identity from Staff

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #83 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:55 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Most alts are known by a subset of players already. Often when I've been playing in a game with an apparently secret alt in, half the players already knew who it was, and lead to some amount of confusion to me because they didn't want to "give away who it was".

As such, adding the site staff to the list of people knowing who the alt is is hardly problematic, and something that's clearly necessary to run the site properly. (As a game moderator, I rely on the list moderators to let me know if someone's trying to join my game under two different accounts; it makes more sense for the list moderators to have the information needed to check for that, than for
every game mod
to need to know. Luckily, that particular form of cheating is rare and tends to be caught quickly.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #91 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

The policy is that mods are now asked to explicitly state whether they want hydras legal or banned (except in queues like Newbie and Normal which ban them outright), rather than games entering signups without a clear policy on hydras (often leading players and mods to assume they were allowed by default).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “News”