Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4075 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

lmao
green shirt thursdays
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

That's a pretty decent card for aggro tbh.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:33 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

1 health dies to Maelstrom Portal, Whirlwind, Revenge, and Ravaging Ghoul even through stealth.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Looked at all the new cards. Lets see how wrong I am in a few months.

Spoiler: Impressions of someone who knows nothing about anything. Spoilers.
Druid: Power of the Wild for 1 mana seems good in token. Do not think this will be the best Jade Golem class. Celestial Dreamer seems awful. Unsure what things beast buffing 5 drop will curve from-- Savage Combatant? Token ramp seems not good enough-- if you want to ramp hard, generally you're not flooding the board at the same time. Lunar Visions, good in Astral maybe. Druid Legend will come too late to make a lot of impact, but still an include in greedy ramp decks that want a bunch of fatties.

Hunter: It seems like most of the stuff that has a beast tag is good, and most of the stuff that doesn't is not good. Makes sense because beast tag is very relevant already in midrange and possibly more relevant with the new beast hand buffing cards. Rat Pack seems REALLY good-- but is a big ball of stats more versatile than Hounds/Companion/Bow, which can all do work and push immediately? I don't know if this will fit in a list that already runs those cards. My prediction is that Knuckles the Hunter Legend is going to be fantastic. It's a fat body that can also pressure. Hard removal is fine-- one less removal for Savannah "Balanced" Highmane.

Mage: I like the tempo freeze cards. It seems playable but not better than current tempo mage. Polymorph secret and demonfire are playable in control lists that aren't freeze (see: Reno). Mage Legend will work well in that list with Kazakus. Secret Thing from Below and free Secret 1-drop are both not good enough I think. Manic Soulcaster will go the way of Shadowcaster, which it seems to be a worse version of. Fun, Wild shenanigans, but not going to do much. Greater Arcane Missiles is awful.

Paladin: Paladin secret seems great in a vacuum but has anti-synergy with Noble Sac (excuse my Wild-oriented thinking that still faces Secret Paladin all the time). Divine Shield lists seem more aggro-oriented, so Grimestreet Protector would not fit there, and it doesn't seem good enough for current iterations of Control Paladin. I don't care about the hand buff mechanic enough to evaluate them. Legendary seems fantastic in most Paladin lists.

Priest: Jesus Christ, almost every Priest card seems playable.

Rogue: Coin is going to be good in a potential Miracle-based list, but not good enough to bring it back I think. A list built around stealth seems good but not good enough-- maybe give it a few more expansions? Most cards do not seem very good, and Jade is not going to be good in Rogue.

Shaman: White Eyes is a good fit in a Control Shaman list, same with the 3/6 heal 6. Devolve seems fantastic. Re: Lotus Illusionist, 4 mana 3/5 has never been a poor play if the effect is good enough, but I don't think the effect is good enough. I think Jade lists will see the most success in Shaman because of current ability to take the board strongly-- weapon on 2 that summons a Golem is a good followup to Trogg, and Jade Lightning has immediate impact.

Warlock: Hellfire on a body is fantastic. Unlicensed Apothecary is not good enough in a zoo list that wants to take the board every turn. Kabal Trafficker is great. Krul the Unshackled isn't a good Reno effect, but Renolock got great tools this expansion anyway, so that's cool.

Warrior: Eventually there has to come a tipping point when they keep pushing a mechanic enough where it becomes good... maybe this is it, but Warrior has a ton of stuff already that might still make other lists more desirable. There's another bolster in the hand buff card, and something that benefits from buffing (Alley Armorsmith). Something that I would totally experiment with. Brass Knuckles sucks. Warrior Legend is good in an aggro Pirate list (are those still a thing? If they are, it'll be good after this expansion hits).

Neutral/Tri-class: Kazakus is the best and coolest Tri-class legend. Hozen Healer good. Bomb Squad (cool Sylvanas interaction, too). Dopplegangster is a possible include in any dedicated hand-buffing list. Dirty Rat seems really good, Deathlord style. Burgly Bully good. Fight Promoter good maybe. Patches the Pirate is going to be really good in aggro. Auctionmaster Beardo has potential in Control Warrior or a Control (Reno) Priest. Sergeant Sally in Control Warlock, maybe some other buffing list too. Finja is good. Goya seems fun, hard to evaluate. Don't think its better than Barnes.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:09 am

In post 4077, Sudo_Nym wrote:1 health dies to Maelstrom Portal, Whirlwind, Revenge, and Ravaging Ghoul even through stealth.
can still take a deck slot in like zoo though.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:11 am

I think that some sort of stealth rogue variant might get going and be extremely strong. it all depends on how aggro the meta gets.

hunter is going to be awful to face. kazakus mage/lock will probably be pretty strong and the best archetypes of their class. I think some sort of control priest will pick up that most likely doesn't run kazakus. Dragonfire potion reminds me of lightbomb and the 1 cost reminds me of Shrinkmeister, the two cards that together made Priest the god of GvG control. Druid will either be amazing or nonexistent if a decklist can be made that can get to fatigue with an auctioneer and pump out 4 jade golems a turn. Some sort of midrangey paladin will come out that I think will be pretty good. Jade rogue will suck. Shaman will probably be really strong control wise too, and midrange shaman will still be a massive powerhouse. I think that this expansion may be the death of warrior.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:37 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 4079, RadiantCowbells wrote:
In post 4077, Sudo_Nym wrote:1 health dies to Maelstrom Portal, Whirlwind, Revenge, and Ravaging Ghoul even through stealth.
can still take a deck slot in like zoo though.

Yeah because zoo rogue is definitely a thing
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Tempo rogue was a thing for a while this season. I wouldn't be surprised if an aggro variant of rogue came out.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:58 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just opened my preorder packs; got Wrathion, Auctionmaster Beardo, and golden White Eyes as legendaries.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:03 am

Post by Errantparabola »

nice golden legend reck :'(

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:19 am

Post by MTD »

EU :|
still the same old MTD
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:51 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

i gooooot two Ayas and a golden Warrior legendary and then Beardo

im probably buying 30 more packs when i get home though
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Pirate Warrior feels dirty.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I have enough dust for one more legendary; can't decide between Raza the Chained or Wickerflame Burnbristle
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:37 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

pirate warrior is disgusting
green shirt thursdays
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

i was looking at the top posts on the hearthstone reddit and i saw vonflare commenting

--implosion
provided
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #4091 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:32 pm

I'M IN CHARGE NOW ARG;ALRGAH;
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #4092 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Shadoweh »

Devs: Okay, we've heard all your concerns with Shamans and we hear you. Losing on Turn 6 all the time isn't what Hearthstone is about.
It was supposed to be WAY earlier then that. We've added some broken-ass pirates so you can expect to lose on Turn 4. We hope this answers your questions!

Relatedly I'm enjoying playing the same shaman deck for the next month while it lasts. :( I've never known a Hearthstone without Trogs and Totem Golems. :(((
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #4093 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

To be fair, while they've released a lot of powerful aggro tools, especially for pirates, they've also released some very good midrange and control cards. Hopefully, once people figure out the optimal balance for the meta, we'll see things settle down. Until then, we're going to see the better aggro decks get fast wins as they feast on suboptimal greedy lists.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4094 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:48 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

pirate warrior wont even be tier 2 after the meta settles in a couple weeks
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #4095 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I'm already shitting on it pretty reliably with my janky control priest and tempo rogue decks
green shirt thursdays
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #4096 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Fate »

Pirate warrior got patches tho

PATCHES

But nah I'm playing new miracle rogue aggro

And

Last night I was on the draw against a paladin

He played some 2/1 + 1/1 thing

I played coin, counterfeit coinx2, backstab 2/1, equip weapon 1/1, Edwin VanCleef 10/10 on Turn 2.

He conceded XD
(the real joke would've been if he had had a Peacekeeper but I took the risk cause come on T2 10/10)

This deck is such bullshit
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #4097 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Fate »

Fate #1589 need some peeps for dem spectator free pack quests
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4098 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:41 am

Post by pirate mollie »

the new buffs are pretty sweeeeeet

I feel like a rockstar
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #4099 (ISO) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:43 am

Post by pirate mollie »

fate I sent you a friend request. I am jumpy wizard with some random numbers after it
whew!

Return to “The Arcade”