karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:38 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2099, bji wrote:
In post 2098, karnos wrote:I'm confident that between lowell and penguin, there is AT LEAST one scum.
Yeah but, you have to be 100% sure that lowell is scum to not risk the whole game with that vote on him. Saying there is "AT LEAST" one scum in Lowell/Penguin while voting Lowell is basically saying that you're not certain that Lowell is scum, but that you're OK with enabling a quickhammer if he's not. That is anti-town.

Furthermore, Math already expressed an interest in lynching Lowell so the correct town approach would be to agree with Math that Lowell is likely scum but wait for Math to give the go-ahead for the lynch. Having the IC as a hammer is a very powerful tool against quickhammer losses (and quickhammering is how scum wins 90% of the time), so taking the hammer away from Math was also very anti-town.
You don't understand. Penguin is already voting Lowell. If lowell is town and penguin is scum, there is only one other scum who could vote for Lowell, which isn't enough for a quick lynch.

MathBlade is confirmed town. Literally the only way Lowell could get quick lynched is if you and Saru are the scum team.

Since I can't realy see you getting lynched anyway, everyone town reads you, it's not really much of a gamble to risk things an you not being scum.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:40 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2099, bji wrote: Having the IC as a hammer is a very powerful tool against quickhammer losses (and quickhammering is how scum wins 90% of the time), so taking the hammer away from Math was also very anti-town.
And I'm not even sure what you mean by that. Hammer is the last vote that leads to a lynch. I put Lowell at L-2, I didn't hammer. Math can still hammer.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:48 am

Post by MathBlade »

Pretty much all of town has to agree to a lynch today. The idea is that bji pretty much says the game is on my shoulders and whoever I pick we lynch pretty much. By voting it pretty much starts that process of quick votes early.

I am trying to lurk to see if my Penguin Lowell team is wrong because I pretty much have to name the team and be right for a town win. While I am confident enough in Lowell I waffle on Penguin. I am trying to listen to see if I have things wrong.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:51 am

Post by MathBlade »

When I gave stove a chance he was wrong on Nero and I was right about Nero town. It turns into a matter of how much I trust my reads ATM. I hate being IC ATM because if we lynched Penguin or Lowell like I wanted yesterday this would be a shit ton clearer.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:02 am

Post by bji »

In post 2100, karnos wrote:
In post 2099, bji wrote:
In post 2098, karnos wrote:I'm confident that between lowell and penguin, there is AT LEAST one scum.
Yeah but, you have to be 100% sure that lowell is scum to not risk the whole game with that vote on him. Saying there is "AT LEAST" one scum in Lowell/Penguin while voting Lowell is basically saying that you're not certain that Lowell is scum, but that you're OK with enabling a quickhammer if he's not. That is anti-town.

Furthermore, Math already expressed an interest in lynching Lowell so the correct town approach would be to agree with Math that Lowell is likely scum but wait for Math to give the go-ahead for the lynch. Having the IC as a hammer is a very powerful tool against quickhammer losses (and quickhammering is how scum wins 90% of the time), so taking the hammer away from Math was also very anti-town.
You don't understand. Penguin is already voting Lowell. If lowell is town and penguin is scum, there is only one other scum who could vote for Lowell, which isn't enough for a quick lynch.

MathBlade is confirmed town. Literally the only way Lowell could get quick lynched is if you and Saru are the scum team.

Since I can't realy see you getting lynched anyway, everyone town reads you, it's not really much of a gamble to risk things an you not being scum.
Yes, that was my point. If you're town, you couldn't know that myself and Saru are not the team, so you allowed a quickhammer possibility.

I know that this wasn't going to happen because I know I'm town, but
you
couldn't actually
know
that.
In post 2101, karnos wrote:
In post 2099, bji wrote: Having the IC as a hammer is a very powerful tool against quickhammer losses (and quickhammering is how scum wins 90% of the time), so taking the hammer away from Math was also very anti-town.
And I'm not even sure what you mean by that. Hammer is the last vote that leads to a lynch. I put Lowell at L-2, I didn't hammer. Math can still hammer.
Math can still hammer, but Math doesn't
hold
the hammer, meaning, that Math is no longer in full control. You gave away our IC's full control. I do not understand why.

Also, you should still be suspicious of me and Saru but you are not. Didn't the sequence of postings by myself and him look like maybe feeling each other out to see if we're online at the same time? Do you think I actually cared about the answer to my question in post ? I did not. I was just trying to post around the same time as Saru to see if you'd get nervous and unvote Lowell. But you did not. I wanted to try to time my postings closer to Saru's but I could only get within 15 minutes or so because people kept interrupting me at work.

Your lack of caution is really bugging me.
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Foxbird »

Votecount 5.5

Lowell
(2) - PenguinPower, karnos

Not Voting
(4) - MathBlade, Lowell, bji, Saru

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 5 will end in
(expired on 2016-12-08 06:17:41).

Mod Notes:

None!
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:30 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2104, bji wrote: Yes, that was my point. If you're town, you couldn't know that myself and Saru are not the team, so you allowed a quickhammer possibility.
Obviously, if I knew 100% who the scum was, the game would be over. Well at least from my PoV it would be, but it would still be up to the rest of town to believe me or not. Since that isn't true, NOTHING is a sure thing. Yes, I took a small risk. Ultimately we are going to lynch someone and if we lynch wrong scum wins, that is a much bigger risk. If I am wrong about you, of all people, the game is over regardless - it's just a matter of time. Frankly I'd rather lose now than drag it out if that is the case.

And actually, even if I'm wrong about you, I have to both be wrong about you AND Saru has to be your partner. Really, it's a huge corner case that I am willing to bet the game on, because the game is not going to end until some much more serious risks are taken.
In post 2101, karnos wrote: Math can still hammer, but Math doesn't
hold
the hammer, meaning, that Math is no longer in full control. You gave away our IC's full control. I do not understand why.

Also, you should still be suspicious of me and Saru but you are not. Didn't the sequence of postings by myself and him look like maybe feeling each other out to see if we're online at the same time? Do you think I actually cared about the answer to my question in post ? I did not. I was just trying to post around the same time as Saru to see if you'd get nervous and unvote Lowell. But you did not. I wanted to try to time my postings closer to Saru's but I could only get within 15 minutes or so because people kept interrupting me at work.

Your lack of caution is really bugging me.
He essentially is still in control. You know, votes are not immutable. I can switch to another player if MathBlade asks (unless I think he is making a completely insane call, i.e. lynching me).

For that matter, even if MathBlade voted first (not sure how that would work when he wants to hammer), that doesn't inherently put him in control, town or scum players can still vote outside of his vote if they so choose.

My lack of caution is also trying to move the game forward. Lurking and waiting for someone else to make the first move would be easy, but it doesn't really help sort. I'm voting my strongest scum read, aware of the (minuscule, IMO) risk that I could be allowing the real scum team to quick-hammer if I am totally wrong.

Alternative being what, we just wait until MathBlade makes a call? It sounds like it's just going to be a coin flip between who he thinks is likely scum, unless he gets some more information to make reads from. I am providing that.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:31 am

Post by karnos »

Messed up quotes. Obviously that second quote is bji, not myself.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 am

Post by karnos »

And pronouns, I am fail.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:38 am

Post by MathBlade »

I don't want to lynch anyone ATM please unvote
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 2105, Foxbird wrote:
Votecount 5.5

Lowell
(2) - PenguinPower, karnos

Not Voting
(4) - MathBlade, Lowell, bji, Saru

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

More confirmation that bj/saru is not the scumteam. I could be dead by now. Though I'm equally concerned with math's "oh if bj is scum he wins btw." There's five of us left--calling one autotown is risky.

VOTE: penguin
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:40 am

Post by karnos »

UNVOTE:
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:37 am

Post by bji »

vote: penguin
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Yeah I am back to wanting Lowell.

That Lowell post about bji is horrible. If he genuinely believed calling bji town was a problem he would have brought it up the first time.

And GreyICE I know you are probably screaming "Why did Math setup spec again???"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:15 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Setup spec and why people do actions is how I think. Let's just hope it caught the right scum.

Penguin or Karnos or Saru is last scum in that order if Lowell is scum. However I waver between them all.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

So FMPOV Lowell seems either scum increasing activity to stay alive or generally just not interested. It just feels like "here is a bone now let me lurk play" and I hate it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by Lowell »

I'm neither scum nor not interested. But if you need to hammer to assert your control and take us down with you, nothing I can do to stop you. I'm beginning to see how nero felt.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

Bullshit. If you are town do something to show you care.

Nero I quickhammered. I gave stove a chance and turns out Nero was town like I thought.

If you actually care about this game and the rest of your team do SOMETHING about it other than just say you do. Show me where I am wrong because right now all you are doing is saying random things that make no sense when you post anything at all.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:40 am

Post by PenguinPower »

So......yeah. What's up, all? We going to chill until deadline?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am still playing. I don't know what you are doing but you should be scum hunting.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Um...I'm committed to Lowell at this point. Saru and I aren't going to yield anything productive from each other. You and bji are basically conf!town. karnos is town by poe. Not quite sure what you want me to hunt here.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Basically you and bji need to decide what you want to do, communicate it, and let's get moving.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by bji »

I am willing to hear any counter evidence but right now it's looking pretty clearly like Lowell is the best lynch choice for today. The fact that he's barely even trying to defend himself speaks volumes I think. And his lurking until just after lynch yesterday was just so bad.

I'd like Math to post Math's final thoughts on myself, Penguin, Karnos, and Saru, and then for us to lynch Lowell, because I just can't see Math living to tomorrow given Math's IC status.

After Math posts Math's final thoughts, I would expect to see four votes on Lowell quickly follow. Doesn't really matter who makes them.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Will post it tomorrow. Want to give any apathetic stragglers who think otherwise to speak up. I hate having games in my hands and want to listen not dictate.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 2122, bji wrote:I am willing to hear any counter evidence but right now it's looking pretty clearly like Lowell is the best lynch choice for today. The fact that he's barely even trying to defend himself speaks volumes I think. And his lurking until just after lynch yesterday was just so bad.

I'd like Math to post Math's final thoughts on myself, Penguin, Karnos, and Saru, and then for us to lynch Lowell, because I just can't see Math living to tomorrow given Math's IC status.

After Math posts Math's final thoughts, I would expect to see four votes on Lowell quickly follow. Doesn't really matter who makes them.
Yesterday's twilight posts were an honest mistake and I thought the day was still going. Why would I lurk the whole day and then come out gunning in twilight as scum? What's in it for me? Esp since I showed up to say "hey guys I'm pretty sure nero is town." I may be a rube, but that's next-level rubery. I'm not saying that alone absolves me of being a suspect, but you can't seriously sit there and say "ah ha we saw through his clever plan."

I've also made clear where I stand on this overall. In fact, I've been clear for two days. The two days that math has been "I gots hammers ya'll" and using them to hit town. penguin is scum. Fullstop. Someone killed the (at the time) only confirmed town in the game. His defense of "why would I do that, it looks so suspicious" is WIFOM as whoa, and, obviously, not true since he's already survived a day and now on the verge of a scum win. Of the other three I've been leaning karnos, but now might be coming around to saru or bj. In particular, someone needs to explain to me what bj has done that's "obvtown."

math, the fact that the game is stalling right now is on you. It's one of two things-- either you're crushing it, everyone agrees, and scum are giving up, or scum are laughing at your attempts to take charge. I have a hunch which.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”