town alignment.

Shaddowez was lynched Day 2. He was
The Devil Strahd, Darklord (Mafia)
Kuror0 was found dead Night 2. He was a Thief Rogue of the
Adventurers (town)

Drealmerz7 was found dead Night 2. He was a Ranger of the
Adventurers (town)

Shaziro was lynched Day 3. He was
Rahadin, Roleblocker 1-shot Strongman Henchman (Mafia)

KuroiXHF was found dead Night 3. He was a College of Lore Bard of the
Adventurers.

Dunnstral,
Baba Lysaga, Rolecop and 1-shot Creeping Hut Summoner
, surrendered Night 3.

Town Wins!

Full role list:

Spoiler: Pine's Role PM
Clumsy wrote:Hello!

You are the
Cleric
of the
Adventurers (Town)
. Your Cure Wounds spell will be invaluable during this game, as you can use it Day or Night! But you only have 3 shots. Use it wisely.

You have two abilities.

Cure Wounds
: 3-shot doctor ability, useable Day or Night. I can't give you specifics, but your ability is low on the priority list. If someone else uses an ability to save someone during the day the same time you use yours, theirs will likely resolve first and -yours will not be wasted-. Of course, you can also use this normally at night time.

Speak with Dead
: 1-shot ability that opens up a private thread with someone who has died in game. This thread will be open for the rest of the phase you use it in. As a fail-safe, if the dead player doesn't respond to you at all, you'll regain use of this ability. (Don't try to abuse this please)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Please confirm to me your role and alignment in PM within 48 hours!

Spoiler: Shaddowez's Role PM
Clumsy wrote:Well well. The Lord himself. The Master. The Ancient. The Land.
The Devil Strahd
himself.

I hardly need to remind you of your purpose here. Work with your allies, Shaziro and Dunnstral, to wipe out these
Adventurers.

You have the following powers as Darklord of this Realm.

Strahd Von Zarovitch

Godfather: Immune to investigations by cop-like abilities. Anyone as smart as you would make this a priority when dealing with adventurers.

The Land
You know the outcome of all quest locations. This is -your- domain after all.

The Ancient
If you are killed, you may continue to post in the mafia topic for the rest of the game. Death is not the end for you. The Dark Powers will see to it. While you are gone, however, you may continue to help your team.

The Darklord
1-Shot Strongman Day Vig (Not Day 1). Show them who is really in control here. Incite fear. Let them know powerlessness.

1-shot bulletproof. It won't be that easy.

You may PM the mod and have the mod post in thread anything you wish (site rules apply) as
The Devil Strahd.
Let them hear your voice.

If you lead the kill onto Tatyana's Incarnation, she joins the Mafia team as a Mafia Goon. Ah, Tatyana... To be reunited at last.

Mafia Topic Here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69449

Please confirm to me your role and alignment by PM. (Oh, and for the posting as The Devil Strahd thing, it's mostly a flavor thing, so try to keep it in character if you don't mind. It's supposed to be this big, booming, foreboding voice echoing over the mountains or through the mist, striking fear into the town. Going on about something silly kinda breaks the feel.)

Spoiler: KuroiXHF's Role PM

You are the Bard in this group of
Adventurers
. Specifically a College of Lore Bard, you may know some things that other may not.

Here are your bardic abilities:

JOAT

-Daytime neighborizer, neighborhood locks at end of day.

Legend Lore
(1-shot, day ability)
-When presented with quest locations, you may PM the mod with this ability. This will reveal whichever location has the best outcome, and what that outcome is, to you in private. This is only usable in Part 1 of the Day Phase (please see rules)

Suggestion
(1-shot)
-Target changes their target for the night to the Bard's choice. They are notified that their selection has changed, but not to whom.

You win when all of the
Mafia
threat is eliminated!

Please confirm by responding with your role and alignment! May you live to sing of your own success!

Spoiler: Culted's Role PM

You are Rudolf Van Richten, renowned monster hunter, traveling with the
Adventurers
. If anyone knows anything secretive about
The Devil Strahd
, it's you.

Your expertise grants you the following abilities:

Monster Hunter

-You know the following:
-Strahd knows the outcomes of all quest locations, good and bad.
-He is extremely hard to kill. (bulletproof)
-Your research shows that he has 2 allies with him. You don't get this far without planning.

Augury
Every night, you learn a random ability of target player. This counts as a cop investigative.

Apprentice
-You share a private topic with Ezmerelda (Persivul), and are Masons together. She inherits your information and items if you die.

You win when the Mafia threat is eliminated from the Party.

Game Topic: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69447

Mason topic: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p8572098

Please confirm with your role and alignment via PM.

Spoiler: Shaziro's Role PM
Clumsy wrote:Veteran. War Hero. Right hand and sword of
The Devil Strahd.
Rahadin.

Many have fallen at the tip of your blade. Some without a sound, so clean, so sudden. Many have fallen screaming. Their terrified screams of pain and fear... they still echo in your head.

You can't help but smile.

Strahd
has brought another band of
Adventurers
into the realm. You can hardly wait to introduce them to your blade. Another scream for the collection.

You have the following tools at your disposal.

Voices of the Dead

-Roleblocker, but can't target the same character more than once. Let them hear the anguish that awaits them.

Veteran

-1-shot strongman. Your expertise in the blade is unmatched. You will hear their pain.

You win when your mafia outnumbers the remaining town.

Confirm your spot next to
The Lord Strahd
by replying with your role and alignment.

Spoiler: SlySly's Role PM

You know not the means of which you came here. Rune-laid
Planar Shift
? Other worldly deity intervention? Either way, as interesting as your books had been, this may be much more so.

You are the
Wizard
of the
Adventurers
, and while your spells are limited, they are useful.

JOAT 1 shots

Scry

Watcher ability. You can see who visits your target, but not what they do. Information and knowledge are more powerful than a blade.

Fly

Force any target to commute for the night, including yourself. A useful trick.

Cone of Cold

Knowledge of geometry and angles (as well as some arcane knowledge) will let you freeze 2 targets, roleblocking them for the night.

You win when all
Mafia
threats are eliminated from the party.

Please confirm with role and alignment via PM.

Spoiler: Persivul Role PM

You are
Ezmerlda
, apprentice to Rudolf Van Richten (Vedith), legendary monster hunter. You are Masons together, and share a private topic together. You are working with the
Adventurers
. If/when Richten dies, you will inherit all of his items (if any) immediately. Despite it being a bastard game, I can guarantee the legitimacy of your Masonry together.

Mason Topic http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69450

You win when all the
Mafia
are eliminated from the party.

Spoiler: Creature's Role PM

You are
Ireena Kolyana
. You travel with the
Adventurers
. You have no powers, but
Strahd
has a special interest in you.

Traitor
: If
Strahd
leads the nightkill on you, he will instead convert you to a vampire, as well as the mafia team as a Mafia Goon.

Unless you are turned by Strahd, you win when all of the Mafia is eliminated from the party. If you are turned by Strahd, you win when the Mafia Faction controls 50% of the town.

Please confirm by replying with your role and alignment.

Spoiler: Kuror0's Role PM

You are the Thief Rogue of the
Adventurers
, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Here are the tools at your disposal:

Hider
At night, you may target a player. You hide behind this player for the night, becoming untargetable. However, if you target mafia, you die. If the person you're hiding behind dies from the night kill, you die as well.

Thievery (1-shot)
-When an item is discovered, you may steal it for yourself! Everyone is alerted that the Rogue took the item however. If you activate this ability, you gain the hated modifier for the rest of the game, but it is secret. You may also use this ability to take it instead of whoever got the votes for the item. Usable only in Part 2 of Day Phase (please see rules).

You win when all Mafia is eliminated from the party.

May your blade stay sharp and your hands subtle.

Spoiler: JasonWazza's Role PM

You are the
Fighter/Eldritch Knight
of the
Adventurers
. You will protect your party with the following abilities.

Bodyguard (Useable during day events as well)
You may select someone to guard, refocusing the attack on you instead. This is usable during quest events where someone would end up getting killed as well. However, you have something to help you survive better. You have training in abjuration wizard spells to protect you when your armor fails.

Platemail
1-shot Bulletproof

Shield 1-shot
-Take this action at night to replenish your 1-shot bulletproof.

You win when the
Mafia
threat is eliminated from the party.

Spoiler: Dunnstral's Role PM
Clumsy wrote:You've been around for many, many years now. Always looking out for the one important to you. Some call him
A Devil.
But he's your little Strahd Von Zarovich, and you'll protect him in his adulthood, just as his childhood. By any means necessary.

Throughout the years you've attained power. You have the following abilities:

Crystal Ball
-Flavor Cop. You may gaze into your divination ball at night, targeting any player. You learn the flavor of this player, such as their Class name or Character name. This will no doubt give you clues to feed to Strahd to help him succeed.

Creeping Hut (1-shot)
Force the party to fight the Creeping Hut instead of selecting a quest. This is a 1-shot ability and only useable during Part 1 of the Day Phase (see rule section). Instead of whichever location/quest the group voted on, they are attacked by your Creeping Hut instead, killing one random adventurer. Be careful though,
Adventurers
are a clever and hardy bunch.

You win when half of the remaining players are part of your
Mafia
. Please confirm by replying with your role and alignment.

Spoiler: Andrius's Role PM

Strong and Stalwart, you are the
Paladin
of the
Adventurers
. Your dedication to the divine has given you the following holy abilities.

Divine Sense (2 shot, night ability)
-Cop ability, tells you whether your target is Villain (Mafia) or Adventurer (town). See the wicked, judge the wicked.

Smite (Unlimited, night ability)
-Vigilante, but lose both powers if you kill an Adventurer. Your blade must be sure and just.

You win when all of the mafia is eliminated. Confirm to me via PM with your role and alignment.

Spoiler: drealmerz7's Role PM

You are the
Ranger
of the
Adventurers.

Your training in the wilderness has given you the following benifits:

Animal Companion

-Allows the Ranger to track 1 target a night, and grants 1 shot bulletproof. If bulletproof is used, Ranger loses this feature. Your faithful beast, always at your side, willing to die for it's master.

Animal Messenger
1/day
-1 way communication via mod with 25 word limit. You may send this to any player in the game, day or night. If you use it Day One, for instance, you can use it again Day Two, but not Night One. You may have me sign it in 1 of 3 ways that do not impact your word limit. One of: -Ranger, -Drealmerz7, or no signature.

Expert Explorer
(1 -shot)
-Prevents the first negative Exploration effect of the game. This has top priority when it comes to preventing daytime disaster. It will activate automatically the first time something goes wrong, and you will guide your team to safety.

You win when all of the Mafia has been eliminated from the town.

Please confirm to me with Role and Alignment via PM. May your senses and instincts guide you.

Player List:

Pine
shaddowez
drealmerz7
Shaziro
Dunnstral
JasonWazza
Vedith
culted
KuroiXHF
kuror0
SlySly
Persivul
Creature
BRantz
Andrius

In the Dread Plane:

Pine
Dunnstral
Culted
KuroiXHF
SlySly
Persivul
Andrius

Restless Souls:

JasonWazza
Creature
drealmerz7
Kuror0

Shaddowez
Shaziro

General Rules

1. All normal site rules apply.
2. You may not talk about this game outside of this thread or any Private Threads created for this game.
3. Please remain civil with each other. Things can get heated or intense, but there are several things that will NOT be tolerated. Absolutely no offensive comments or slurs based on race, gender, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc. I WILL force replace you.
4. This is my colo-
The Dark Powers don't take your actions lightly. Tread carefully, mortals.

5. Do not quote or pretend to quote any role PM, anything from a private thread, or mod communication. You can loosely paraphrase, but please use common sense.
6. Pretending to break a rule can result in the same action being taken as actually breaking the rule.
7. Do not try to manipulate or trick the mod.
8. Any minor/simple questions or pointing out errors in vote counts can be pointed out in thread by leading with a bolded
@MOD
at the start of a line.
9. Any more sensitive questions can be PM'd to me. Don't hesitate to ask if you have a question, you will not bother me.
10. If your spot in the game has been compromised due to outside information, please PM me immediately without making any more posts. I will be eternally grateful for your honesty.
11. I am not perfect. If you notice anything that is incorrect, let me know.

Voting

1. Voting must be made using the vote tags VOTE: Clumsy or using bold. I greatly prefer the vote tags though.
2. Any other variation will not be counted. I will let you know in thread once (if I notice it), but only once.
3. Misspellings, acronyms, and abbreviations will be valid as long as it is clear who you are voting for. If I perceive it as a vote, it is a vote.
4. Any votes within spoiler tags or otherwise concealed will not be counted.
5. A lynch will occur when 50%+1 of the votes are cast for the same player; a No Lynch will occur when 50% of the votes are cast for that option or when there is not 50%+1 majority by deadline. When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight.
6. You may continue talking after a lynch or deadline has elapsed until the mod posts to end the day. After that, you may not post even if the mod forgets to lock the thread.
7. I will try to provide vote counts on a regular basis, with exception to the times when I am at work (which varies). You may request a new vote count at any time, and I will post it at my earliest convenience.

Activity/Day Night

1. Days will last two weeks. Deadline extensions will be granted only for the case of replacements, holidays, or other extreme circumstances.
2. Night phases will last for 2 days (48 hours)
3. Replacement during night phase will extend the deadline to 24 hours past the point of the replacement, whether that slot has a night action or not.
4. Actions must be PM'd to me or bolded in the Scum PT for it to be accepted. If no action is selected, they will not perform an action.
5. If mafia have powers other than their factional night kill, they may perform their power and the kill at the same time.
6. Prods will be sent out after 48 hours of inactivity. These will be announced in thread. At player request (if reasonable), I can "Poke" another player. This will not count as a prod.
7. If a player does not respond IN THREAD within 24 hours or receives 3 prods, they will be replaced out. If they return before a replacement is found, they may keep playing. The next time they are prodded, however, they will be replaced and can not return.
8. If you will be unable to be active in thread for over 48 hours, please make a V/LA post in bold. As long as the time is reasonable, you will be exempt from prods.
9. Once you are dead, you may no longer post in thread. Please no 'bah' posts.

Game Specific Rules

1. Day Phases will be set into 3 parts.
Part 1 is quest selection. This will last for 2 days where players will cast votes on which quest they would like to take or which location they would like to explore. This stage will end when we have a 50%+1 majority on a location or when the two days are up. If a 50%+1 majority is not reached at the 2 day deadline, whichever location got the most votes wins, with ties being settled with which received the last vote first. If no votes are recorded, mod will choose randomly.

Part 2 is Quest/Exploration Resolution. It will be revealed what happened on the quest/while exploring, and what the consequences of that will be, from a player receiving a mortal blow and will die if not saved, or an item will be found. Players will then have 2 days to use any applicable abilities, and at the end of the two days the event will be resolved. In the result of a quest gone bad (player dying), the mod will randomly roll a player to be targeted. There is a chance that they can be saved by certain classes. These are limited use abilities though. If the quest goes poorly, a player may lose an ability, a shot, be roleblocked, or something of the sort. This cannot be prevented like the death, and will be randomly rolled as well. In the event of an item/artifact/other being found, the 2 days of this process will be used to vote on who gets the item, with the same rules of voting as part 1. Items may be explained, or their details may not be disclosed.

Part 3 is the normal lynch cycle with normal rules involved. This will only have 10 days though, so use it wisely.

If someone has an item (and it's uses not depleted) when they die, one of two things happen. If hung, the player may declare another player to leave his belongings to during twilight time. That player will receive any items the lynchee had just before we change to Night Phase. If they were killed during the night, the item(s) will be voted on a new recipient at Quest Selection the next Day Phase. Votes will tracked separately for Quest Selection and Item Receiving during Part One of Day Phase.

Things I can tell you about this bastard game include:
There will be no (not to be expected) mod lies. Godfather, ninja, etc. are all to be expected as normal roles, but any answers to questions will be answered truthfully, if answered.
This game may be swingy, but it was made with my best judgement as to balance.
Game/flavor knowledge is nice, and might have a slight edge when it comes to certain things like items or things that may or may not be story linked, but is mostly for the enjoyment of players. Artifacts and beneficial item locations have been semi randomized, so even a location that was dangerous in the book may be the housing or an artifact, and vice versa.
This game is role madness.

Mafia Team has Daytalk enabled in this game.

Generated role list, Role PMs will be going out shortly. Please /confirm to me via PM within 48 hours of the message. If you have any questions over your role or any of the rules in the game, feel free to PM me, you won't bother me!
Last edited by Clumsy on Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:01 am, edited 22 times in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Clumsy »

All Role PMs are out, I have [13/13] confirmed! Game will starting.

Wherever you were, whatever you were doing, disappears before your eyes in a heavy layer of fog. Very quickly, you can't even see your own hand in front of your face. You stand up - were you already standing? - and begin to stumble around. Your foot falls through the nonexistent floor, but you don't fall, yet you are ever falling. Time and space seem to not exist here, and you can only be somewhat sure of yourself. After seconds or years pass, you find yourself laying on your back in the middle of a misty forest clearing. In the distance, you can make out small plumes of smoke, and mountains off in the distance. You can faintly hear a running river or brook in the distance. Around you are 12 other people, unfamiliar faces, along with a feeling deep inside you, whispering in the back of your mind and tugging at your heart, a deep sense of lingering dread. As if some man or beast were watching you, following you, constantly. You can almost feel the breath on your neck, the claws at your back, and hope just beyond your grasp. The others begin to stir around you, a diverse crowd. You get the feeling that not all are as they seem. The beast lurks among you, of this you are sure.

A man's voice, a voice of confidence and power rings out from the trees, the mists, the mountains, a booming shout and a sinister whisper at the same time, followed by a harsh laugh echoing into the trees and mist around you.

"Puny mortals, you shall never escape with your lives!"

Welcome to the Mists...
"heroes"
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by Clumsy »

You all come to your senses after hearing the voice, and you get a good look of those around you. 13 of you in total, already not a good number for such a place. But superstition aside, you must come to an agreement of what to do. You see three options ahead of you.

Investigate the Misty Woods around you.
Head towards the village in the distance and look around the shops.
Head towards the cemetery in the center of town.

This is Part One of the Day Phase.
You may vote for these options as the following.

VOTE: Woods
VOTE: Shops
VOTE: Cemetary

Quest Votecount 1.0(0) Woods
(0) Shops
(0) Cemetary

Not Voting:
Pine, shaddowez, drealmerz7, Shaziro, Dunnstral, JasonWazza, Vedith, KuroiXHF ,kuror0, SlySly, Persivul, Creature, BRantz

Quest selection is due in (expired on 2016-12-04 19:00:00)

Day One Deadline is (expired on 2016-12-16 19:00:00)

Mod Notes: As a reminder, to anyone who has an ability that is to be used during the DAY phase, please PM me to use the ability instead of posting in thread.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #3) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Quest Votecount 1.1(2) Woods - Kuror0, Pine
(2) Shops - KuroiXHF, Dunnstral
(6) Cemetary - Vedith, Shaziro, Persivul, SlySly, drealmerz7, JasonWazza

Not Voting:
shaddowez, Creature, BRantz

With 13 alive, Majority (50%+1) is 7.

Mod Notes: As a reminder, to anyone who has an ability that is to be used during the DAY phase, please PM me to use the ability instead of posting in thread.

KuroiXHF and Shaddowez on V/LA over weekend. Please keep in mind that with the short Part 1 and Part 2 of the day, this could lead to missing votes. This is more important in Part 2, Quest Resolution. Check in if you can to get your voice heard!
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #4) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Clumsy »

A Voice
echoes from the mountains and through the landscape, the same foreboding voice as before.

"You think the cemetery is safe? You poor fools! Souls, rise!"

Quest Votecount 1.2(1) Woods - Kuror0
(2) Shops - KuroiXHF, Dunnstral
(7) Cemetary - Vedith, Shaziro, Persivul, SlySly, drealmerz7, JasonWazza, Pine

Not Voting:
shaddowez, Creature, BRantz

KuroiXHF and Shaddowez on V/LA over weekend. Please keep in mind that with the short Part 1 and Part 2 of the day, this could lead to missing votes. This is more important in Part 2, Quest Resolution. Check in if you can to get your voice heard!

The Cemetary
has been locked in. You may continue to post. Day 1 Part 2 coming soon.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #5) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:33 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Carefully searching through the cemetery, you lose count of how many graves you come across. Most seem to be just stones serving as headstones, their markings either eroded away by time or never bothered with in the first place. Debris lay scattered across the grave-site, and the rows and columns are crooked and inconsistent, as if a battle took place here and the dead were buried where they lay. It doesn't seem like there are many that take care of this place; headstones lay broken and scattered, grass and weeds rise from the ground, strangling the graves and the items left behind in memory, dragging everything back down into the unforgiving earth. There is yet one reprieve, however, in this place of broken bodies and broken souls. Someone in the group finds a strange medallion, a necklace. Despite what seems like years of it laying here, it is untarnished by time.

Spoiler: Image

Part Two of Day One begins now. You may vote for someone in the party to receive the necklace. What the object does, for weal or for woe, will be revealed to the person who receives it.

Quest Resolution Votecount 1.0
Not Voting:
Pine, shaddowez, drealmerz7, Shaziro, Dunnstral, JasonWazza, Vedith, KuroiXHF, kuror0, SlySly, Persivul, Creature, BRantz

Quest resolution selection is due in (expired on 2016-12-05 01:00:00)

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:00 am

Post by Clumsy »

A question was brought up to me that was not explained in the rules. I added it to the rules section, but here is the relevant rule:

If someone has an item (and it's uses not depleted) when they die, one of two things happen. If hung, the player may declare another player to leave his belongings to during twilight time. That player will receive any items the lynchee had just before we change to Night Phase. If they were killed during the night, the item(s) will be voted on a new recipient at Quest Selection the next Day Phase. Votes will tracked separately for Quest Selection and Item Receiving during Part One of Day Phase.

If you have any questions about this, let me know.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:04 am

Post by Clumsy »

I will give ample time in Twilight to declare. If they refuse to or just disappear from the game, I'll move it to the day vote option.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Clumsy »

Quest Resolution Votecount 1.1(3) Pine - Pine, JasonWazza, Creature

(2) Vedith - Vedith, Dunnstral

(1) kuror0 - drealmerz7

Not Voting:
shaddowez, KuroiXHF, kuror0, Persivul, SlySly, BRantz, Shaziro

Quest Resolution selection is due in
(expired on 2016-12-05 01:00:00)

If you see any mistakes in these votecounts, let me know immediately!
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Quest Resolution Votecount 1.1
Hammer!
(7) Pine - Pine, JasonWazza, Creature, Shaziro, Kuror0, shaddowez, SlySly

(2) Vedith - Vedith, Dunnstral, Persivul

(1) kuror0 - drealmerz7

Not Voting:
KuroiXHF, BRantz

Quest Resolution selection is over.[/b]

If you see any mistakes in these votecounts, let me know immediately![/area]

Pine
has received today's item. Please check your inbox for the information. We are now moving into Part 3 of Day 1, which is normal lynching mechanics.

Lynch Votecount 1.0
Not Voting:
Pine, shaddowez, drealmerz7, Shaziro, Dunnstral, JasonWazza, Vedith, KuroiXHF, kuror0, SlySly, Persivul, Creature, BRantz

Day One Deadline is
(expired on 2016-12-16 19:00:00)
[/color]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.1(2) Persivul - drealmerz7, Pine
(1) SlySly - Creature
(1) Pine - Vedith

Not Voting:
shaddowez, Shaziro, Dunnstral, JasonWazza, KuroiXHF, kuror0, SlySly, Persivul, BRantz

Day One Deadline is

Mod Notes: Seeking Replacement for Vedith.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Culted replaces Vedith effective immediately! Thanks for filling in so fast (literally minutes).
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #12) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.1(2) Persivul - drealmerz7, Pine
(1) SlySly - Creature
(1) JazonWazza - SlySly
(1) Dunnstral - Shaddowez
(1) KuroiXHF - Culted
(1) Pine - Persivul

Not Voting:
Shaziro, JasonWazza, KuroiXHF, kuror0, BRantz, Dunnstral

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: As always, let me know if I missed anything on the VC.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Clumsy »

I had a question come up, thought it best to answer publicly. Vedith requested his replacement via PM, and was not force replaced.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (isolation #14) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.2.1(4) Pine - Persivul, SlySly, Shaddowez, KuroiXHF
(2) Persivul - drealmerz7, Pine
(1) SlySly - Creature
(1) KuroiXHF - Culted
(1) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza

Not Voting:
Shaziro, kuror0, BRantz, Dunnstral

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: As always, let me know if I missed anything on the VC.
Last edited by Clumsy on Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (isolation #15) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:01 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.2.1(4) Pine - Persivul, SlySly, Shaddowez, KuroiXHF
(3) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Culted, Dunnstral
(1) SlySly - Creature
(1) Creature - Shaziro

Not Voting:
kuror0, BRantz

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: I know BRantz said he had some kind of emergency, but I'm going to prod him now and see if we need a replacement.
EDIT: Seeking replacement for BRantz.
Last edited by Clumsy on Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #680 (isolation #16) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:31 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.3(4) Pine - Persivul, SlySly, Shaddowez, KuroiXHF
(3) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Culted, Dunnstral
(1) Persivul - drealmerz7
(1) SlySly - Creature
(1) Creature - Shaziro
(1) JasonWazza - Pine

Not Voting:
kuror0, BRantz

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: Seeking replacement for BRantz.
Last edited by Clumsy on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (isolation #17) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:27 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.3
L-2
(5) Pine - Persivul, SlySly, Shaddowez, KuroiXHF, Dunnstral
(2) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Culted
(1) Persivul - drealmerz7
(1) SlySly - Creature
(1) Creature - Shaziro
(1) JasonWazza - Pine

Not Voting:
kuror0, BRantz

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: Seeking replacement for BRantz.[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.4.1(4) Pine - SlySly, Shaddowez, KuroiXHF, Dunnstral
(3) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Culted, Persivul
(2) Creature - Shaziro, Drealmerz7
(1) JasonWazza - Pine
(1) KuroiXHF - Creature

Not Voting:
kuror0, BRantz

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: Seeking replacement for BRantz.
Kuror0 on V/LA until the 12th.
Last edited by Clumsy on Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (isolation #19) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Andrius replaces BRantz, effective immediately! Thanks so much for filling in.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #821 (isolation #20) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.5(3) Pine - Shaddowez, KuroiXHF, Dunnstral
(3) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Culted, Persivul
(2) Creature - Shaziro, Drealmerz7
(2) JasonWazza - Pine, Andrius
(1) KuroiXHF - Creature

Not Voting:
kuror0, SlySly

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: KuroiXHF and Kuror0 on V/LA until the 12th.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (isolation #21) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.6(4) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Culted, Persivul, Dunnstral
(2) Pine - Shaddowez, KuroiXHF
(1) Creature - Shaziro
(1) JasonWazza - Andrius
(1) Andrius - Creature

Not Voting:
kuror0, SlySly

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: KuroiXHF and Kuror0 on V/LA until the 12th.
Prodding SlySly.
Happy Birthday Creature!
[/area]
Last edited by Clumsy on Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (isolation #22) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.7
L-2
(5) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Culted, Persivul, Dunnstral, Shaziro
(2) Pine - Shaddowez, KuroiXHF
(1) JasonWazza - Andrius
(1) Andrius - Creature

Not Voting:
kuror0, SlySly

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes: None[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (isolation #23) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.8
(4) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Persivul, Dunnstral, Shaziro
(3) Persivul - drealmerz7, Pine, kuror0
(2) kuror0 - Culted, SlySly
(1) Pine - Shaddowez
(1) JasonWazza - Andrius
(1) Andrius - Creature
(1) Shaddowez - KuroiXHF

Not Voting:

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes:
Happy Birthday Kuroi!
[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (isolation #24) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Prodded Pine and JasonWazza.

Day One Deadline is
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (isolation #25) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.9

L-2
(5) JasonWazza - Andrius, Persivul, Creature, Pine, drealmerz7
(3) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Dunnstral, Shaziro
(2) kuror0 - Culted, SlySly
(1) Persivul - kuror0
(1) Pine - Shaddowez
(1) Shaddowez - KuroiXHF

Not Voting:

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes:
With Deadline fast appoaching, make sure your vote is accurate to the VC!

Woo pagetop[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (isolation #26) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.A1

L-1
(6) JasonWazza - Andrius, Persivul, Pine, drealmerz7, Shaziro, SlySly
(3) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Dunnstral, Creature
(1) kuror0 - Culted
(1) Persivul - kuror0
(1) Pine - Shaddowez
(1) Shaddowez - KuroiXHF

Not Voting:

Day One Deadline is

Mod notes:
With Deadline fast appoaching, make sure your vote is accurate to the VC!
[/area]
Last edited by Clumsy on Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (isolation #27) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 1.B

Lynch!
(7) JasonWazza - Andrius, Persivul, Pine, drealmerz7, Shaziro, SlySly, Culted
(3) drealmerz7 - JasonWazza, Dunnstral, Creature
(1) Persivul - kuror0
(1) Pine - Shaddowez
(1) Shaddowez - KuroiXHF

Not Voting:

Day One is over.

Flip Incoming.[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (isolation #28) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Clumsy »

(Please note that the following flavor, as well as other similar flavor in future, is just for your enjoyment and may not reflect the game itself.)

All throughout the day, there's been a nagging feeling in the back of your mind. A subtle itch, as if a maggot has crawled its way into your brain, eating away at the back of your thoughts. You can feel eyes on you from somewhere unseen, but never able to find the source. The muted color of the world around you, the eerie silence, broken only by the howling wind and squawking of the crows, the tugging sensation in your gut, it all feels like you're stuck in a state that's not quite dreaming, but not quite awake. You can feel an unseen force drifting around you, seeming to drain your energy, your sanity, straight from your body. Your pack grows heavy, your spirit weary. In a single word, Dread. An ever present, ever draining, apprehension of this grey, bleak place, from which none escape. It's enough to drive a man mad.

As night approaches, the group's paranoia rises like undead from the graves around them. Before long, ravens take off in flight as shouting fills the empty cemetery. Fingers are pointed, swords drawn, and JasonWazza is backed into a corner. He tries to explain himself, that he's here to protect the group, but no one listens. Steel rains down like the rain that has begun to pour, and before long, blood pours to match. The crowd backs away to watch as his disguise drops, waiting to see the
Devil Strahd
, but nothing happens. His body lay motionless in a heap against a tombstone. The protector has been struck down by the ones who would have stood behind his shield.

JasonWazza's FlipHello!

You are the
Fighter/Eldritch Knight
of the
Adventurers

You may select someone to guard, refocusing the attack on you instead. This is usable during quest events where someone would end up getting killed as well. However, you have something to help you survive better. You have training in abjuration wizard spells to protect you when your armor fails.

Platemail
1-shot Bulletproof

Shield
1-shot

You win when the
Mafia
Please confirm by replying with your role and alignment.[/area]

Night 1 begins now. Send in all night actions before deadline. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

(expired on 2016-12-16 18:30:00)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (isolation #29) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:40 am

Post by Clumsy »

I will be at work tonight when deadline expires, so expect some delay. Thread should hopefully be unlocked by midnight.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (isolation #30) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:53 am

Post by Clumsy »

A voice disturbs your already troubled slumber this night.

"Another innocent life is mine to claim. How many more will you give me?"
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #31) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by Clumsy »

After a night of little sleep for most, the party is awoken by a shocked scream first thing in the morning. Scrambling for your gear, your eyes are drawn to a grisly sight.
Creature's
mangled body lay in the corner, all life gone from their eyes. You have lost another this night.

Creature's Role PMHello!

You are Ireena Kolyana. You travel with the
Adventurers
You have no powers, but
Strahd

Traitor:
If
Strahd
leads the nightkill on you, he will instead convert you to a vampire, as well as the mafia team as a Mafia Goon.

Unless you are turned by
Strahd
, you win when all of the Mafia is eliminated from the party. If you are turned by
Strahd
, you win when the Mafia Faction controls 50% of the town.

Please confirm by replying with your role and alignment.[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (isolation #32) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Today's Quests include the following choices.

An old
Winery
, labeled The Wizard of Wines Winery. There is a lot of land here, but it seems very quiet.

Kresk
, one of the three main villages here. Specifically to the Burgomaster, who may have a job or information for you.

Or the
Vistani
camp, rumored to be powerful fortune tellers, but also likely allies to
Strahd

Quest Votecount 2.0(0)
Winery

(0)
Kresk

(0)
Vistani

Not Voting:
Pine, shaddowez, drealmerz7, Shaziro, Dunnstral, Culted, KuroiXHF, kuror0, SlySly, Persivul, Andrius

With 11 alive, Majority (50%+1) is 6.

Day Two Part One deadline is (expired on 2016-12-19 00:00:00)

Mod Notes: Regular V/LAs for the weekend. Considering extending the part 1/part 2 of this day so they can actually be here. Thoughts? (Obviously is majority is reached it'll end early anyway.)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1188 (isolation #33) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Quest Votecount 2.1(1)
Winery
- SlySly
(4)
Kresk
- Andrius, Shaziro, kuror0, Persivul
(3)
Vistani
- Pine, Dunnstral, drealmerz7

Not Voting:
shaddowez, Culted, KuroiXHF

Day Two Part One deadline is (expired on 2016-12-20 00:00:00)

Mod Notes: Regular V/LAs for the weekend. Considering extending the part 1/part 2 of this day so they can actually be here. Thoughts? (Obviously is majority is reached it'll end early anyway.)
Last edited by Clumsy on Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (isolation #34) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I've decided to extend Part 1 of this Day Phase by a day so that our weekend V/LAers have a chance to get in here. I've changed it in the last Quest Votecount. Here is the new deadline: (expired on 2016-12-20 00:00:00)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (isolation #35) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Quest Votecount 2.2(1)
Winery
- SlySly
Hammer!
(6)
Kresk
- Andrius, Shaziro, kuror0, Persivul, Pine, Dunnstral
(1)
Vistani
- drealmerz7

Not Voting:
shaddowez, Culted, KuroiXHF

Day Two Part One deadline is Over.

Mod Notes:
The following flavor scene contains spoilers for the adventure. You may skip to the next post if you wish to avoid this, all mechanical parts will be there.
[/area]

The party takes the long journey to Kresk, located at the western-most part of Barovia. Avoiding most problems along the way, they arrive safely mid-afternoon. The gates are closed, protected by guards stationed atop the wall. Once the party identifies themselves, they are allowed to talk to the Burgomaster of the town. He explains that it is both tradition and convenience that travelers do a job for the Burgomaster to gain entry. A simple enough task is assigned, for the party to deliver a shipment of wine to the abbey, up the side of an adjoined mountain. This trip proves straightforward enough, with no troubles along the way. Here the party meets a man known simply as "The Abbot", a holy man that presides over The Abbey. You are met with the wary eyes of a group of people that seem to have some sort of malady, with disfigured bodies. Upon closer inspection, they seem to be some sort of animal/person hybrid. Some contain dog or coyote features, others reptilian, and others still bird-like features.

The Abbot is a man of seeming wisdom, and seems to talk from a position where he can see more than others with the naked eye, as if continually watching an unseen truth before him. He politely but concisely thanks you for bringing his wine up to him, and excuses himself to the wine cellar, presumably to put away or perhaps partake in his fresh stock. Before he goes, however, he hands the group a letter, with instructions to bring it to the Burgomaster. He promises it is something "that will bring him great happiness".

Making the long trek back down the mountain with empty cart in tow, the group finally makes it back to the Burgomaster's cottage. The guards posted there deny your entry, but upon revealing the letter, they will allow one person to gain entrance to talk to the Burgomaster. This letter seems to be of great importance, and was promised to make him very happy. Whoever delivers the good news is sure to win the Burgomaster's Favor, whatever that entails. But who will get to talk to him? The group decides to call a vote to decide.

Last edited by Clumsy on Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (isolation #36) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by Clumsy »

It's time to vote who will recieve the Burgomaster's Favor. For those who skipped the last message, the outcome of this quest is
Beneficial Effect/Item

Quest Resolution Votecount 2.0
Not Voting:
Pine, shaddowez, drealmerz7, Shaziro, Dunnstral, Culted, KuroiXHF, kuror0, SlySly, Persivul, Andrius

Day Two Part Two deadline is (expired on 2016-12-21 03:00:00)

Mod Notes: None.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (isolation #37) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:43 am

Post by Clumsy »

Quest Resolution Votecount 2.1(3) Culted - Persivul, Shaziro, SlySly
(2) Shaziro - Dunnstral, Pine
(1) Persivul - Andrius

Not Voting:
shaddowez, drealmerz7, Culted, KuroiXHF, kuror0

Mod Notes: As a heads up, there will be an extension available for the holiday season. Exactly how long TBD, but I know people will be busy. To make it easier on me, if you know if/how long you'll be away for the holidays, let me know.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1278 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Clumsy »

Quest Resolution Votecount 2.2(5) Culted - Persivul, Shaziro, SlySly, KuroiXHF, Culted
(1) Pine - Pine
(1) Persivul - Andrius
(1) Andrius - Dunnstral

Not Voting:
shaddowez, drealmerz7, kuror0

Mod Notes: As a heads up, there will be an extension available for the holiday season. Exactly how long TBD, but I know people will be busy. To make it easier, if you know if/how long you'll be away for the holidays, let me know.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Clumsy »

Quest Resolution Votecount 2.2(6) Culted - Persivul, Shaziro, SlySly, KuroiXHF, Culted, Andrius
(1) Pine - Pine
(1) Andrius - Dunnstral

Not Voting:
shaddowez, drealmerz7, kuror0

Day Two Part Two deadline is over.

Mod Notes: As a heads up, there will be an extension available for the holiday season. Exactly how long TBD, but I know people will be busy. To make it easier, if you know if/how long you'll be away for the holidays, let me know.

With the party deciding that Culted should be the one to deliver the message, they are allowed entrance into the Burgomaster's house. The party waits outside while Culted meets the Burgomaster. After explaining that they had a letter from the Abbot, the Burgomaster immediately tears open the letter, speed reads through it, and tears come to his eyes. His wife reads over his shoulder, and her reaction is more of the same. The Burgomaster reaches into his drawer and pulls out a small vial filled with a golden liquid. He quickly passes it to Culted, manages to choke out a barely audible "thank you," before embracing his wife with extreme relief, something not seen much in such a bleak place. Culted excuses themself from the room, and returns outside.

Back outside, Culted explains what happened inside, and absentmindedly pats the pocket that the vial was in. Was, being the keyword, as it is no longer there.

The Thief Rogue has stolen the item.

Lynch Votecount 2.0
Not Voting:
Pine, Persivul, Shaziro, SlySly, KuroiXHF, Culted, Andrius, Dunnstral, shaddowez, drealmerz7, kuror0

Day Two deadline is (expired on 2016-12-30 14:00:00) (With an extension option)

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:28 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.1(2) Pine - Dunnstral, Andrius
(1) Dunnstral - Pine
(1) Kuror0 - SlySly
(1) Andrius - drealmerz7

Not Voting:
Persivul, Shaziro, KuroiXHF, Culted, shaddowez, kuror0

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1377 (isolation #41) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:57 am

Post by Clumsy »

Prodding Shaddowez.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1391 (isolation #42) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.2

L-2
(4) drealmerz7 - Culted, Persivul, Shaddowez, Shaziro
(2) Pine - Dunnstral, Andrius
(1) Dunnstral - Pine
(1) Kuror0 - SlySly
(1) Andrius - drealmerz7

Not Voting:
KuroiXHF, kuror0

Mod Notes: Please keep things civil with one another. :)[/area]

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (isolation #43) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.3

L-2
(4) Pine - Dunnstral, Andrius, drealmerz7, Persivul
(3) drealmerz7 - Culted, Pine, KuroiXHF
(1) Kuror0 - SlySly

Not Voting:
kuror0, Shaddowez, Shaziro

Mod Notes: Thanks kuror0! And a little bit, yeah.[/area]

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (isolation #44) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:58 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I'm not going to prod anyone over the next couple days, and that deadline extension will probably be put into effect.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1510 (isolation #45) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.3.1

L-2
(4) Pine - Dunnstral, Andrius, drealmerz7, Persivul
(3) drealmerz7 - Culted, Pine, KuroiXHF
(1) Kuror0 - SlySly

Not Voting:

Day Two deadline is
EXTENDED
to: (expired on 2017-01-03 14:00:00)

Mod Notes: Sound good for an extension because of holidays? 4 days was the amount.[/area]

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (isolation #46) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.4

L-2
(4) drealmerz7 - Culted, Pine, KuroiXHF, Persivul
(3) Pine - Dunnstral, Andrius, SlySly
(1) Shaziro - drealmerz7

Not Voting:

Day Two deadline is
EXTENDED

Mod Notes: Purple text is just flavor that I'm adding for interest, no game connection.

"I am The Ancient, I am The Land. My beginnings are lost in the darkness of the past."
-Tome of Strahd
[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1639 (isolation #47) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:44 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.5

L-2
(4) drealmerz7 - Culted, KuroiXHF, Persivul, Shaziro
(3) Pine - Dunnstral, Andrius, SlySly
(1) Shaziro - drealmerz7
(1) Dunnstral - Pine

Not Voting:
kuror0, Shaddowez

Day Two deadline is
EXTENDED

Mod Notes:
Poke stick engaged.

Purple text is just flavor that I'm adding for interest, no game connection.

"I was the warrior, I was good and just. I thundered across the land like the wrath of a just god, but the war years and the killing years wore down my soul as the wind wears stone into sand."

-Tome of Strahd
[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:26 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.6(3) Pine - Dunnstral, SlySly, Persivul
(2) drealmerz7 - KuroiXHF, Shaziro
(2) Shaddowez - Culted, Pine
(1) Shaziro - drealmerz7

Not Voting:
kuror0, Shaddowez, Andrius

Day Two deadline is
EXTENDED

Mod Notes: As we're getting closer to deadline, make sure your votes are reflected correctly in the VCs.

"All goodness slipped from my life; I found my youth and strength gone and all I had left was death. My army settled in the valley of Barovia and took power over the people in the name of a just god, but with none of a god’s grace or justice."

-Tome of Strahd
[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1777 (isolation #49) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:14 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Culted is V/LA until the 2nd. Shaddowez is at prod timer, but it is the weekend and he is V/LA, so it will wait. Prod will go out if they haven't posted by the end of the day Monday though.

Day Two deadline is: (expired on 2017-01-03 14:00:00), which is 2 PM Eastern Time on the 3rd.

Prodding Vince McMahon. They haven't posted in a while. ;)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1854 (isolation #50) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.7

L-2
(4) Pine - Dunnstral, SlySly, Persivul, drealmerz7
(3) Shaddowez - Culted, Pine, Andrius

Not Voting:
kuror0, Shaddowez

Day Two deadline is:
(expired on 2017-01-03 14:00:00)

Mod Notes: As we're getting closer to deadline, make sure your votes are reflected correctly in the VCs.

"I called for my family, long unseated from their ancient thrones, and brought them here to settle in the castle Ravenloft. They came with a younger brother of mine, Sergei. He was handsome and youthful. I hated him for both."

-Tome of Strahd
[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1926 (isolation #51) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Clumsy »

Poke stick engaged. Since it's weekend V/LA for them, it's not an official prod, but I did send them a message. VC coming a bit later.

Day Two deadline is:
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (isolation #52) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:20 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.8(3) Pine - Dunnstral, SlySly, Persivul,
(2) Shaddowez - Culted, Andrius
(1) Dunnstral - Pine
(1) Andrius - drealmerz7

Not Voting:
kuror0, Shaddowez

Day Two deadline is:

"From the families of the valley, one spirit shone above all others. A rare beauty, who was called “perfection,” “joy,” and “treasure.” Her name was Tatyana and I longed for her to be mine."

-Tome of Strahd
[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2063 (isolation #53) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:32 am

Post by Clumsy »

Apologies, been at work. A lynch has been achieved. Thread locked. Flip coming in about an hour, apologies for the suspense.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (isolation #54) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 2.9
LYNCH!
(6) Shaddowez - Culted, Andrius, Pine, kuror0, KuroiXHF, kuror0
(4) Pine - Dunnstral, SlySly, Persivul, drealmerz7
(1) drealmerz7 - Shaziro

Not Voting:
Shaddowez

Day Two is over.[/color]

Mod Notes: None

"I loved her with all my heart. I loved her for her youth. I loved her for her joy. But she spurned me! “Old One” was my name to her – “elder” and “brother” also. Her heart went to Sergei. They were betrothed. The date was set."

-Tome of Strahd
[/area]
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (isolation #55) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Clumsy »

The Thief Rogue seems more convincing than usual with his accusations at Shaddowez. Huh. Weird. Spurned on by his now-silver tongue, the group corners Shaddowez and holds him still. His face of fear and confusion almost makes you sway in your decision, but before long it falls, revealing a piercing gaze and a wicked smile. A smile so wicked you could swear you could see fangs...

Before Shaddowez could do anything, the stake was pushed into his heart, and he falls to the ground, unmoving. Slowly pushing forward, cautiously, reluctantly, you can see his face still in the calm, confident scoff, unmoving as he lay on the ground. Just as someone starts to break the silence, something about the body moves. The fingers are almost... glowing? Looking closer, you see that his fingers are dissolving into white mist, and it continues up his arms to his torso. You can see that it started at his feet as well, continuing up his body. Within seconds, his entire form has dissolved into mist, and dispersed among the area.

Glances among the group are exchanged wordlessly. As everyone collects themselves, something becomes apparent. All of the houses around you are dead silent. This place always felt a little too quiet, like there was something sinister about to happen. Now it's deafeningly so. Nothing but your group moves in the world. There is no wind. No birds are chirping, no wildlife is moving. And still, that feeling of being watched, the hair that rises on the back of your neck, that sensation is still there. It's not just Strahd watching you anymore.

The group sets through the town decidedly back to where they would be staying that night. You pass several townspeople along the way. A merchant packing up his shop, a child kicking a ball around, a woman closing the windows against the chilling creep of night. Everyone you pass has stopped mid motion in what they were doing. The only movement they make is to turn their heads towards you as you come into sight, watching you. It's not even their eyes tracking you; they turn their entire head to follow you as you walk. Their eyes are hollow and sunken, looking more like doll eyes than anything. This continues all the way to the inn itself, the owner wordlessly staring with his dead doll eyes. Cautiously, you each grab a key from the shelf, some leaving behind a gold as payment, before quickly slinking upstairs to lock themselves in their rooms as some small measure of comfort of safety. You can't help but wonder if anyone will actually sleep tonight.

Shaddowez's Role FlipWell well. The Lord himself. The Master. The Ancient. The Land.
The Devil Strahd
himself.

I hardly need to remind you of your purpose here. Work with -REDACTED-, to wipe out these
Adventurers.

Strahd Von Zarovitch

Godfather: Immune to investigations by cop-like abilities. Anyone as smart as you would make this a priority when dealing with adventurers.

The Land

The Ancient
If you are killed, you may continue to post in the mafia topic for the rest of the game. Death is not the end for you. The Dark Powers will see to it. While you are gone, however, you may continue to help your team.

The Darklord
1-Shot Strongman Day Vig (Not Day 1). Show them who is really in control here. Incite fear. Let them know powerlessness.

You may PM the mod and have the mod post in thread anything you wish (site rules apply) as
The Devil Strahd.

If you lead the kill onto Tatyana's Incarnation, she joins the Mafia team as a Mafia Goon. Ah, Tatyana... To be reunited at last.

Mafia Topic Here: -REDACTED-

Please confirm to me your role and alignment by PM.[/area]

Night starts now. Deadline to get your actions in is (expired on 2017-01-04 19:10:00)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2066 (isolation #56) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Update will come when I get home tonight, about 2 hours from now.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2067 (isolation #57) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Tonight, two people were found dead. The first was Kuror0.

Kuror0's Role PMHello!

Adventurers,
but don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Here are the tools at your disposal:

Hider
At night, you may target a player. You hide behind this player for the night, becoming untargetable. However, if you target mafia, you die. If the person you're hiding behind dies from the night kill, you die as well.

Thievery (1-shot)
-When an item is discovered, you may steal it for yourself! Everyone is alerted that the Rogue took the item however. If you activate this ability, you gain the hated modifier for the rest of the game, but it is secret. You may also use this ability to take it instead of whoever got the votes for the item. Usable only in Part 2 of Day Phase (please see rules).

May your blade stay sharp and your hands subtle.[/area]

The second was drealmerz7.

drealmerz7's Role PMHello!

You are the
Ranger
of the
Adventurers.

Animal Companion

-Allows the Ranger to track 1 target a night, and grants 1 shot bulletproof. If bulletproof is used, Ranger loses this feature. Your faithful beast, always at your side, willing to die for it's master.

Animal Messenger
1/day
-1 way communication via mod with 25 word limit. You may send this to any player in the game, day or night. If you use it Day One, for instance, you can use it again Day Two, but not Night One. You may have me sign it in 1 of 3 ways that do not impact your word limit. One of: -Ranger, -Drealmerz7, or no signature.

Expert Explorer
(1 -shot)
-Prevents the first negative Exploration effect of the game. This has top priority when it comes to preventing daytime disaster. It will activate automatically the first time something goes wrong, and you will guide your team to safety.

Please confirm to me with Role and Alignment via PM. May your senses and instincts guide you.[/area]

The townsfolk all seem to be back to their normal selves today, and if judging by the innkeepers confused expression when you all emerge from your rooms, have no memory of what transpired the previous night. Everything seems back to normal... but there is still an uneasy feeling in the air.

We are now in Part 1 of Day 3. Your quests options are as follows:

-Investigate the area of Lake Zarovich.

-Wander to the open area known as Yester Hill.

-Infiltrate the Crypts of Castle Ravenloft.

Quest Votecount 3.0(0)
Lake Zarovich

(0)
Yester Hill

(0)
Crypts of Castle Ravenloft

Not Voting:
Pine, Shaziro, Dunnstral, Culted, KuroiXHF, SlySly, Persivul, Andrius

With 8 alive, Majority (50%+1) is 5.

Day Two Part One deadline is (expired on 2017-01-07 01:30:00)

Mod Notes: None, for now.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2156 (isolation #58) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:15 am

Post by Clumsy »

In post 2154, Persivul wrote:
In post 2153, Andrius wrote:
NAR from the Wiki wrote:In case of emergency breakdown of the Golden Rule
If there is really no other option, the traditional recommendation of Natural Action Resolution is to pick whichever of the conflicting actions comes first on the following list, and resolve it first:

Copy
Hide
Bus
Block
Redirect
Protect
Miscellaneous
Kill
Recruit
Inspect
Ok I'm not losing my mind.
This is fine.
But if you read on...
Killing doesn't stop the actions of the dead player. (Imagine that all kills happen at the end of the night, and everyone pulls the trigger simultaneously.)
It's always been my understanding that this is the norm, and the list you posted above is only used in case of conflict.

Maybe mod will tell us.

mod, does tracking resolve before kills?
Persivul is correct. Kills happen at the very end of the night. The above list for ordering is only if there is a direct conflict in resolution. Example being a Hider hiding behind Mafia, but being roleblocked. Hider is higher than Block, so the block would fail in that case, and hider would die because Mafia. With no direct conflict, kill goes last. Does that make sense?
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (isolation #59) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:30 am

Post by Clumsy »

In post 2138, Persivul wrote:
mod: you might consider sending a reminder to kuroi and culted that the day started

Thanks.
Done.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (isolation #60) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I believe that's a Quest hammer. Update when I get home, roughly an hour or 2 from now.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2218 (isolation #61) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Clumsy »

The group decides to head to Lake Zarovich. After about a half day's worth of travel, an old lighthouse next to a sizable lake come into view. The lighthouse is in bad shape, with rotten wooden scaffolds along one side, looking like they were put there to facilitate repairs that were never finished. The door facing south is also dilapidated, but seems operational. Next to the lighthouse is what appears to be a small shack built into the trunk of a great tree, its roots dug firmly into the soil. The branches flow with the wind, and the door faces towards the lake. The lake itself sits rather still, it's waters reflecting some light from the (relatively) clear sky. After walking the perimeter, a dim outline of a chest can be seen beneath the surface of the water. Although old, the chest appears to be very ornate, and looks promising. It's too far from the shore to just walk to, and swimming could prove dangerous. As discussion starts about how to get to the chest, a great Ka-KOOM erupts, thunder from a storm probably. Ideas are shot down, from trying to fish for it and heave it out, to tying a rope around someone and having them hold onto it and being pulled that way. That is, until, someone slowly interrupts and points out that the sky was clear today, and no storms should be in the area. All turning in unison, the group finds that the tree-hut is no longer in the ground by the lighthouse, and is in fact uprooted and poised to attack directly behind them.

Battle errupts, with spells being flung, swords and axes cleaving into the wood, and shields splintering. One swing from the Hut takes out an entire layer of scaffolding, sending bits of wood flying into the lake. Before long, the group is forced into retreat, but the Hut just keeps coming. After being cornered by the sheer cliff of a mountain, one last attempt to bring the tree down must be made.
Andrius
lets out a fearsome war cry before charging forward, alone, one hand hidden in his bag, the other holding his shield. He leaps into the air, whipping his hidden hand forward, and then being promptly swatted out of the air by a massive branch of the Tree-hut. However, as he hits the ground, a small vial arcs towards the Tree, exploding as it impacts the front door. Flames spread outwards rapidly, and you can almost hear the hut shrieking in pain as it runs off, trying to escape the fire. Eventually it falls to the ground where it continues to burn and smolder.

The Hut has been vanquished, but you shouldn't be celebrating just yet. You have no idea where you are, let alone where that lake was compared to where you are now. And a groan from the ground pulls you back to your senses, as the group looks at Andrius laying on the ground, his shield splintered into a thousand pieces, and a rather large branch extruding from his stomach through his armor.

Andrius is dying.

Quest Resolution 3(expired on 2017-01-07 22:00:00)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (isolation #62) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:13 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Andrius will live to fight another day.

Lynch Votecount 3.0
Not Voting:
Shaziro, Pine, Dunnstral, KuroiXHF, Andrius, Culted, SlySly, Persivul

Day Three deadline is (expired on 2017-01-17 20:15:00)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2279 (isolation #63) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:49 am

Post by Clumsy »

Lynch Votecount 3.1Hammer! (5) Shaziro - Persivul, Andrius, SlySly, KuroiXHF, Shaziro

Not Voting:
Pine, Dunnstral, Culted

Day Three is over.

Mod Notes: Pine, yes we were in lynching phase. Sorry if that was not clear. Also, Culted will be prodded, but we are going into night, so that 24 hour time span to respond will start when day starts. Sorry for late activity, I slept in really late. XP

Resolve renewed, the group quickly closed in on Shaziro, adamant about what they thought was true. Fast the accusations came, but faster did the life end.

Shaziro's Role PMVeteran. War Hero. Right hand and sword of The Devil Strahd. Rahadin.

Many have fallen at the tip of your blade. Some without a sound, so clean, so sudden. Many have fallen screaming. Their terrified screams of pain and fear... they still echo in your head.

Strahd has brought another band of
Adventurers
into the realm. You can hardly wait to introduce them to your blade. Another scream for the collection.

Voices of the Dead

-Roleblocker, but can't target the same character more than once. Let them hear the anguish that awaits them.

Veteran

-1-shot strongman. Your expertise in the blade is unmatched. You will hear their pain.

Confirm your spot next to The Lord Strahd by replying with your role and alignment.[/area]

Night actions are due by (expired on 2017-01-08 15:00:00)
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2280 (isolation #64) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Clumsy »

Addendum: I prodded Culted, and if they don't respond during the night, may need to be replaced. If so, night will pause.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2281 (isolation #65) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:13 am

Post by Clumsy »

A cloaked figure stalked toward Culted while they slept. The fire was smoldering, casting dancing shadows around the landscape. Andrius was off collecting firewood, and the rest were asleep. Now's the chance. A blade emerged from the cloak, reflecting the fire's light.
Dunnstral
smiled wickedly, raising the blade above his head.

Kuroi had been having trouble sleeping. He hadn't slept a wink since the night Strahd had died. As he shivered, he turned to look at the fire smoldering down, only to see the cloaked figure walking towards Culted's sleeping bag. This must be the last servant of Strahd. Being a Lore Bard, he knew he didn't have the martial prowess to take the assailant on alone, and the Paladin was off collecting wood. Deciding quickly on what to do, Kuroi springs to his feet, his mind already reaching for the assailants. He couldn't stop the attack, but he can alter it.

Andrius hears the commotion before he sees it. Dropping his armful of wood, he draws his shining blade and rushes back to camp. There, the rest of the group is holding Dunnstral down, a bloody blade lay at his feet. Kuroi lay across from him, face hidden. Putting two and two together in his head, Andrius steps forward. With a quick prayer and a quicker thrust, the blade pierced into Dunnstral, stopping the struggle. The disguise faded, and a witch looking old woman emerged. Baba Lysaga is dead.

Dunnstral's Role PMYou've been around for many, many years now. Always looking out for the one important to you. Some call him A Devil.
But he's your little Strahd Von Zarovich, and you'll protect him in his adulthood, just as his childhood. By any means necessary.

Crystal Ball
-Flavor Cop. You may gaze into your divination ball at night, targeting any player. You learn the flavor of this player, such as their Class name or Character name. This will no doubt give you clues to feed to Strahd to help him succeed.

Creeping Hut (1-shot)
Force the party to fight the Creeping Hut instead of selecting a quest. This is a 1-shot ability and only useable during Part 1 of the Day Phase (see rule section). Instead of whichever location/quest the group voted on, they are attacked by your Creeping Hut instead, killing one random adventurer. Be careful though,
Adventurers

You win when half of the remaining players are part of your Mafia. Please confirm by replying with your role and alignment.[/area]

Persivul rushes over to Kuroi, flipping him over and looking for the wound. Blood has already stained his entire front side. SlySly looks at Pine, but Pine sadly shakes his head. All his healing is gone.

Andrius takes Kuroi's hand, feeling the warmth fading from him. Through ragged breaths, Kuroi manages to speak.

"I've spent all my life reading tales like these. Heroes and villains, monsters and treasures. I've always wanted to be in one. Maybe now... I can?" With that, the light fades from his eyes. Pine whispers a prayer in his name as the fire finally goes out.

The sun is shining in the sky, for the first time since the group has been here. The mist has disappeared from the land, the only patch remaining being a small patch past the gate on the easternmost side of

the domain. Villagers have gathered, sensing the change in the air. It looks like this is the way out. Slowly, people begin leaving the land of Barovia, disappearing into the mist, although their destination is not known.

Finally, the remaining few of the group walk though, eager to see what comes of their destination. Perhaps they will emerge elsewhere together, perhaps back to their homes. As they cross through the mist, the sun sets on

the horizon, casting long shadows along the ground. A small but lovingly made grave stands before the gate, ringed with small stones. 5 flowers lay on the grave, 5 goodbyes to a good friend that gave his life for someone

he hardly knew.

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2282 (isolation #66) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:15 am

Post by Clumsy »

So, the short of the explanation: Dunnstral agreed to surrender, which also helped out of another situation, namely Culted being absent, and I -really- didn't want to hold the game in night to get a replacement, only for the replacement to come in and have the game end at the resolution of night actions. Andrius would have killed Dunn in the night, Dunn would kill Culted, Kuroi redirected the night kill onto himself.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2283 (isolation #67) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:20 am

Post by Clumsy »

Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2284 (isolation #68) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:28 am

Post by Clumsy »

Spoiler: Pine's Role PM

You are the
Cleric
of the
Adventurers (Town)
. Your Cure Wounds spell will be invaluable during this game, as you can use it Day or Night! But you only have 3 shots. Use it wisely.

You have two abilities.

Cure Wounds
: 3-shot doctor ability, useable Day or Night. I can't give you specifics, but your ability is low on the priority list. If someone else uses an ability to save someone during the day the same time you use yours, theirs will likely resolve first and -yours will not be wasted-. Of course, you can also use this normally at night time.

Speak with Dead
: 1-shot ability that opens up a private thread with someone who has died in game. This thread will be open for the rest of the phase you use it in. As a fail-safe, if the dead player doesn't respond to you at all, you'll regain use of this ability. (Don't try to abuse this please)

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Please confirm to me your role and alignment in PM within 48 hours!

Spoiler: Shaddowez's Role PM
Clumsy wrote:Well well. The Lord himself. The Master. The Ancient. The Land.
The Devil Strahd
himself.

I hardly need to remind you of your purpose here. Work with your allies, Shaziro and Dunnstral, to wipe out these
Adventurers.

Strahd Von Zarovitch

The Land

The Ancient

The Darklord

The Devil Strahd.

Mafia Topic Here: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69449

Please confirm to me your role and alignment by PM. (Oh, and for the posting as The Devil Strahd thing, it's mostly a flavor thing, so try to keep it in character if you don't mind. It's supposed to be this big, booming, foreboding voice echoing over the mountains or through the mist, striking fear into the town. Going on about something silly kinda breaks the feel.)

Spoiler: KuroiXHF's Role PM

You are the Bard in this group of
Adventurers
. Specifically a College of Lore Bard, you may know some things that other may not.

Here are your bardic abilities:

JOAT

-Daytime neighborizer, neighborhood locks at end of day.

Legend Lore
(1-shot, day ability)
-When presented with quest locations, you may PM the mod with this ability. This will reveal whichever location has the best outcome, and what that outcome is, to you in private. This is only usable in Part 1 of the Day Phase (please see rules)

Suggestion
(1-shot)
-Target changes their target for the night to the Bard's choice. They are notified that their selection has changed, but not to whom.

You win when all of the
Mafia
threat is eliminated!

Please confirm by responding with your role and alignment! May you live to sing of your own success!

Spoiler: Culted's Role PM

You are Rudolf Van Richten, renowned monster hunter, traveling with the
Adventurers
. If anyone knows anything secretive about
The Devil Strahd
, it's you.

Your expertise grants you the following abilities:

Monster Hunter

-You know the following:
-Strahd knows the outcomes of all quest locations, good and bad.
-He is extremely hard to kill. (bulletproof)
-Your research shows that he has 2 allies with him. You don't get this far without planning.

Augury
Every night, you learn a random ability of target player. This counts as a cop investigative.

Apprentice
-You share a private topic with Ezmerelda (Persivul), and are Masons together. She inherits your information and items if you die.

You win when the Mafia threat is eliminated from the Party.

Game Topic: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=69447

Mason topic: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p8572098

Spoiler: Shaziro's Role PM
Clumsy wrote:Veteran. War Hero. Right hand and sword of
The Devil Strahd.
Rahadin.

Strahd
has brought another band of
Adventurers

Voices of the Dead

Veteran

Confirm your spot next to
The Lord Strahd
by replying with your role and alignment.

Spoiler: SlySly's Role PM

You know not the means of which you came here. Rune-laid
Planar Shift
? Other worldly deity intervention? Either way, as interesting as your books had been, this may be much more so.

You are the
Wizard
of the
Adventurers
, and while your spells are limited, they are useful.

JOAT 1 shots

Scry

Watcher ability. You can see who visits your target, but not what they do. Information and knowledge are more powerful than a blade.

Fly

Force any target to commute for the night, including yourself. A useful trick.

Cone of Cold

Knowledge of geometry and angles (as well as some arcane knowledge) will let you freeze 2 targets, roleblocking them for the night.

You win when all
Mafia
threats are eliminated from the party.

Please confirm with role and alignment via PM.

Spoiler: Persivul Role PM

You are
Ezmerlda
, apprentice to Rudolf Van Richten (Vedith), legendary monster hunter. You are Masons together, and share a private topic together. You are working with the
Adventurers
. If/when Richten dies, you will inherit all of his items (if any) immediately. Despite it being a bastard game, I can guarantee the legitimacy of your Masonry together.

Mason Topic http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=69450

You win when all the
Mafia
are eliminated from the party.

Spoiler: Creature's Role PM

You are
Ireena Kolyana
. You travel with the
Adventurers
. You have no powers, but
Strahd

Traitor
: If
Strahd

Unless you are turned by Strahd, you win when all of the Mafia is eliminated from the party. If you are turned by Strahd, you win when the Mafia Faction controls 50% of the town.

Spoiler: Kuror0's Role PM

Adventurers
, but don't worry, I won't tell anyone. Here are the tools at your disposal:

Hider

Thievery (1-shot)

May your blade stay sharp and your hands subtle.

Spoiler: JasonWazza's Role PM

You are the
Fighter/Eldritch Knight
of the
Adventurers

Platemail
1-shot Bulletproof

Shield 1-shot

You win when the
Mafia

Spoiler: Dunnstral's Role PM
Clumsy wrote:You've been around for many, many years now. Always looking out for the one important to you. Some call him
A Devil.

Crystal Ball

Creeping Hut (1-shot)
Adventurers

You win when half of the remaining players are part of your
Mafia
. Please confirm by replying with your role and alignment.

Spoiler: Andrius's Role PM

Strong and Stalwart, you are the
Paladin
of the
Adventurers
. Your dedication to the divine has given you the following holy abilities.

Divine Sense (2 shot, night ability)
-Cop ability, tells you whether your target is Villain (Mafia) or Adventurer (town). See the wicked, judge the wicked.

Smite (Unlimited, night ability)
-Vigilante, but lose both powers if you kill an Adventurer. Your blade must be sure and just.

You win when all of the mafia is eliminated. Confirm to me via PM with your role and alignment.

Spoiler: drealmerz7's Role PM

You are the
Ranger
of the
Adventurers.

Animal Companion

Animal Messenger
1/day

Expert Explorer
(1 -shot)

Please confirm to me with Role and Alignment via PM. May your senses and instincts guide you.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2285 (isolation #69) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Clumsy »

I want to hear your guys' opinions of this game. It was only my 2nd game, and I think there's a lot I can learn from it.

Self reflections:

This game seemed to be townsided after being able to look back on it, which was a shame. I don't think it was as townsided as it looks, however, because Shaddowez never used his day-vig, which when combined with the flavor cop (that Dunn also forgot to use N1) could take out a big town PR, like Cleric or Paladin, and would have changed the game considerably. The traitor dying was also unfortunate for mafia. Town also performed very well with the information they received, although I do think that town should have had less Informative Roles looking back.

The first iteration of this game actually had both sides a bit stronger, but Mafia much more so. Strahd in my initial iteration was 2-shot bulletproof instead of 1, and had the ability to cast a hammer vote while dead (once only). In the second iteration, that was made to deactivate in Lylo, and in the third, removed altogether because I thought mafia was too strong.

The reason I thought that this game may have been scum sided (and thus the strong town here) is because of the potential of the scum team.

10 Town 3 Scum
Day 1 town mislynches (as is statistically normal), 9/3
Night 1 Kill, Crystal ball finds Cleric/Paladin/Other strong role, 8/3
Day 2 Day Vig found target, mislynch. 6/3
Night 2 Kill, 5/3
Starting Day 3 at 5/3

5/3 that quickly is a big deal. It gets even crazier when you consider if Strahd found Ireena, those numbers turn into

End of Day 1: 9/3
Conversion in night: 8/4
Day vig, mislynch: 6/4
Night 2 kill, starting day 3 with: 5/4

None of this is even counting the quests, which could result in (at max in 3 days) 3 deaths, or at the very least some protective charges being blown (and therefore not used during the night). Realistically, I was expecting about 1 item to be found, 1 death prevented, and 1 death not prevented.

Scum took several gambits that ended up making the game harder for them. Dunn's Miller claim, Shaziro trying (and successfully, for a while) to guide the group onto item paths, for towncred. Unfortunately, that towncred ran out with the Paladin finding him, and the items just made town stronger.

While I feel like town was a good bit too strong, I do think that if I ran this setup again 5 more times, the outcomes would be fairly different, but ultimately townsided.

Also, mod mistakes on my part:

I included Shaziro's name in a cop PM, which was a result of getting too into the flavor. :shifty: I honestly don't think it would have changed anything in this game, but an important lesson to learn for future games, especially since we did indeed have a re-director in the game.

Dunnstral's Role PM didn't include the link to their scum chat. Sloppy on my part.

Too many of the same type of role. I had a Hider, a Cop, a Watcher, two Masons, and a Tracker at the same time. While all fit flavor-wise, it was a bit too easy to figure out the game. I also think I had too many ways to defend against the bad outcomes of quests. 3-shot Doctor, Bodyguard with realistically 2-shot bulletproof, and Ranger with 1-shot auto escape was too much, because I didn't really think about the fact that we would probably only have 3/4 days of quests, with at most 75% being bad outcome. The intention was to have them decide whether or not to use their shots at night, or the random person that got killed during the day, as well as the cleric not being able to target himself. Especially with me rolling the refresher item so early, it was too much. This amount in a large game might be more suitable.

Scum team balance. I put a lot of scum's power into Strahd because it fit the flavor, big vampire lord and his henchmen. I knew that if Strahd was hung, mafia was down a big big bit of power, so I made some of his power useful after death (Day Vig could be early enough to be used 83% of the time, the ultimately nixed From the Grave Hammer Vote, and knowing the quest locations in conjunction with being able to talk to the team after death as well). Knowing what I do now with how this game turned out, I would have taken a little bit of investigation power away from town, and added in 1 power for each Dunnstral and Shaziro.

I liked the idea of the quest system, however I do think that it has more of a place in a large game, because we only got to do 3 locations out of the 14 I had planned. A large game with this system would be more interesting and allow more quests to be done.

I think there was a little bit of confusion with the quests as well. I saw that drealmerz7 was talking about "Actually going on a quest, not getting items". However, the outcomes of the quests were one of the following:

Beneficial, usually an item or clues to where the good items were
Neutral, where nothing of note happens (Skeletal Rider)
Detrimental, usually a party member dying (but opportunities for Cleric/Fighter/Ranger saving them), sometimes roleblocking at random or losing shots of abilities.

I think I will nix this quest system until I run a Large game version of D&D. Minis just don't last long enough to make it worthwhile.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2290 (isolation #70) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Clumsy »

Dunn was with the Mafia from the beginning.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2297 (isolation #71) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:54 am

Post by Clumsy »

OMFG
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (isolation #72) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Clumsy »

It's very interesting to look at reads from a mod perspective. For instance, Creature's early reads were almost spot on.

P-edit: That was my fault, yeah. Sorry.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2306 (isolation #73) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Oh god I was dying reading that. I loved all the gifs and pictures too.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2309 (isolation #74) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Hrm, that'd be something interesting to consider. Are you saying like asking for Player X's Dexterity Save vs This Trap, and having them roll that? Or saying pre-game to have them make their strength/Dex/etc scores and assigning abilities based on that?
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2310 (isolation #75) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Clumsy »

In post 2308, culted wrote:
In post 2305, Andrius wrote:
In post 2304, culted wrote:"dramatic retelling of the events in curse of strahd mafia"

im dying right now
<3

MAYBE ILL MAKE PART TWO???
YES

Next clusmy game when?
When I design one! There will be more D&D mafia in the future, but different styles/stories/antagonists.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2312 (isolation #76) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:08 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Testing:

Original Roll String: 3d6
3 6-Sided Dice: (1, 3, 4) = 8

3 6-Sided Dice: (3, 5, 5) = 13

3 6-Sided Dice: (2, 5, 3) = 10

3 6-Sided Dice: (4, 1, 4) = 9

3 6-Sided Dice: (2, 6, 2) = 10

3 6-Sided Dice: (5, 3, 6) = 14
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2313 (isolation #77) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Str: 13
Dex: 7
Con: 9
Int: 15
Wis: 11
Cha: 12

And then probably assigning Wizard to that?
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2315 (isolation #78) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Clumsy »

:D
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2318 (isolation #79) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by Clumsy »

:oops:
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2325 (isolation #80) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:23 pm

Post by Clumsy »

In post 2323, Pine wrote:EPIC.

Nomming for a memorable moment scummy when 2017 thread is up.

Seconded
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2338 (isolation #81) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by Clumsy »

Yeah, I thought town was going to hang both of their protectives. That was a huge swing when it went onto Shaddowez.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2364 (isolation #82) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:40 pm

Post by Clumsy »

I would like to pull attention to this though. In the PMs that Andrius sent me for night actions, he always included very nice flavor.
Smite: Dunnstral

I humble myself before thee, praying that I might discern whether my fellow adventurer be wicked or virtuous.
Grant me this boon that I might protect your children who remain.

For even after vanquishing our foe, others surely lurk in the shadows.
And if death should come, spare the others. I am ready.

Thou hast sent a brother of the cloth to strengthen me when I was dying.
Not to save my own life, but to glorify thee through thy mercy and strength.
I pray to thee, steel thy servants as we root out this evil.
Keep us and protect us, in thy name I pray.
The first line was for when he used his first cop shot, the second was his second cop shot (after Shaddowez flip), and the last was added with this vig. This is the kind of thing that I love as a DM, and it brought me a lot of joy in this game.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2374 (isolation #83) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:45 am

Post by Clumsy »

I think there's still confusion. Pine, are you talking about playing D&D, with people from Mafiascum? If so, I'm a definitely maybe. Would love to, limiting factor being time.
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2382 (isolation #84) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:11 am

Post by Clumsy »

Oh my goodness, I don't know what to say. :oops:
Clumsy
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Clumsy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2386 (isolation #85) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Clumsy »

There'd be a few things to figure out, so I think that would be a good idea. If we'd be doing it live over Roll20, or forum style "Everyone has a day or two to post their actions, those resolve, DM describes what happens, repeats."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”