[SETUP]

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:12 am

Post by callforjudgement »

In post 12, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 10, chamber wrote:I'm thinking 6VT 1Cop 2Goons is still scum sided. Probably quite a bit.
This is interesting because I always thought a 13 player game with 3 goons and one cop was balanced.
I've seen arguments that it is as an Open, although I'm not sure if I agree with that. It very much skews the game because town has to focus on hiding the Cop whilst getting the Cop
results
into the open.

As a Closed game, it's definitely scumsided (not disastrously so – town will win sometimes – but enough so that I wouldn't call it balanced).
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #15 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:50 am

Post by callforjudgement »

Well, if a setup's scumsided here but balanced elsewhere, it could be because they're better at playing town, or it could be because we're better at playing scum. So it's hard to tell anything about the skill level of a site from the balance of setups there.

(This particular setup would need a metagame built around the setup, though; there are sites where having a defined strategy for specific setups is popular, but this isn't one of them, because we tend to discourage setups that would benefit from them. So I can well imagine town doing better in the setup elsewhere.)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”