Mini Normal 1861: Musical Mafia (TOWN WIN)

HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

VOTE: Vote Culted

Oh
My
God
U
Suck
Irritating Jerry since 1991
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #1) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:24 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

Man, that Cloud/MDS exchange was a lot to absorb first thing after waking up.

Unvote Culted
Vote CloudKicker

You claim scum, I will vote you without hesitation. Not to mention the overly forced "TOWNSLIP!! I MADE A TOWNSLIP GUYS!!! HEY, DIDJA SEE MY TOWNSLIP?!?"
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:08 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

In post 80, MiniDeathStar wrote:Anddd my reads are being sheeped again. Lovely.

Like please think for yourselves once in a while guys.

Thanks for the condescension, but did you consider that I simply posted my thoughts?
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

First of all....

Seriously, I miss a day and come back to pages upon pages of definitions, and Cloud losing his mind over MDS. Damn.

To reply to what was asked of me:

In post 90, CloudKicker wrote:
In post 79, HellloooNewman wrote:Man, that Cloud/MDS exchange was a lot to absorb first thing after waking up.

Unvote Culted
Vote CloudKicker

You claim scum, I will vote you without hesitation. Not to mention the overly forced "TOWNSLIP!! I MADE A TOWNSLIP GUYS!!! HEY, DIDJA SEE MY TOWNSLIP?!?"
Like i said, dont use it to read me and claiming scum doesnt make me scum yknow
In post 44, CloudKicker wrote:
''i dont believe the townslip, hes scum and forced a townslip '' incoming
That was for the kind of you Helllloooo
You do not get to tell me what to use, or not to use, when reading for scum.

FYI, I don't think you're scum for the slip....I think you're scum for driving the point into the ground so hard that it probably popped through to the other side.

In post 79, HellloooNewman wrote: You claim scum, I will vote you without hesitation. Not to mention the overly forced "TOWNSLIP!! I MADE A TOWNSLIP GUYS!!! HEY, DIDJA SEE MY TOWNSLIP?!?"
Is it important the order in which these things happened?[/quote]

Not at all. Those are two independent things that both look scummy to me.

I see that most people feel Cloud to be town. That's fine, but nothing has occurred to change my mind. In fact, the way he's bullying his way around convinces me even more that he's scum.

I know I haven't played here in years, and all my recent Mafia playing has come in places that are very different from here. So my perspective is likely to be very different from the rest of yours. Someone explain to me why he is town?
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

Picking up my prod. Gonna catch up. Apologies.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

In post 380, Aj The Epic wrote:And 'hungry/happy' is actually 'hellooo' for HelloNewman....

His post 79 is fine, calling CK out for congratulating himself on a townslip is all well and good. The only issue is HelloNewman never actually interacts with anyone outside of CK and tunnels a bit that he's scum long after most of us have him as town. I don't mind contradictory viewpoints, but with an unpopular view comes a burden of proof, and I don't think Newman attempts that at all in his post. His reasoning CK is scum doesn't change at all (propped himself up on a townslip) even though he challenges CK multiple times through different wordings for the same thing. As I've said, I feel CK's play there was anti-town (aka looking at himself instead of others) but still NAI. Newman should've been tasked at building a case to actually make something happen rather than just stating he didn't like CK. At that point in time, nothing was happening with CK as a wagon so he either needed to drop it and refocus or force a real reason behind it.

So that's what I've got on Newman for the 4 posts so far.
Building a case? It's day 1. The post you're referring to was on page 6 (if I recall correctly). I gave you my thoughts/read on what I felt was the scummiest play so far. To me, CK was not playing a pro town game. From "hard claiming scum", to feeling the need to remind everyone that he "made a townslip", to his bizarre fight with MDS.

Speaking of which.....

In post 409, -Grey- wrote:
In post 374, MiniDeathStar wrote:I'm going to repeat this: nobody has confirmed that CK and I share alignment. Do not assume he's conftown when I die as town, or assume I'm conftown or confscum if he dies as town/scum. Like, pretty please.
No. You're mod-confirmed to share alignment. It's the only way a force replacement over playing against wincon makes ANY sense.

The second one of you dies, we'll know the date of the other. I just happen to believe you're both town.
Here's the thing. We KNOW that Cloud was replaced because he was playing against his wincon. We know this because the mod told us so. Now, I'm not saying that the mod "lied" when he later attempted to clarify. I believe that the mod accidentally said too much when announcing he was replacing Cloud, and was simply trying to cover for it and progress the game, hop get that would be the end of it.

So, Cloud was playing against his wincon. Which means that when he locked his vote onto MDS for the game, he was playing against his wincon. That is only accomplished in 1 way. If they are BOTH scum. If they are opposite alignments, then him voting her is not against wincon. If they were both town, then his voting her is not against wincon (because as town, Cloud would have no way of knowing that MDS was also town). However, if both are scum, that would punch the ticket.

I'm more than happy to lynch either MDS or Shadow today, preferably MDS. She is a strong voice that, as scum, could really dictate the narrative to the scum advantage.

Unvote Cloud/Shadow

Vote MDS
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (isolation #6) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

In post 548, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 547, Secret Agent Jin wrote:@Newman: You realize that if MDS flips town then you would most likely be next, right?
EBWOP

I can't control that. What I can control is my vote, and I'm voting for who I most believe to be scum.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

I'm sorry, I've been meaning to ask. What does NAI stand for? I've googled it but come up empty.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #8) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:16 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

Thank you for that.

In post 309, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Searching for a replacement for CloudKicker.
I have made this decision based on his assertion that he is playing against his own win condition
, and not the actual alignments of any players.

The mod spells it out right there. I believe that he simply said more than he intended to, and after he realized what he did he tried to control the damage in subsequent posts.

I understand you FOSing me and beating down my point. I mean, if I'm correct it's not as if you'd agree with my ascertain, know what I mean?
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (isolation #9) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:51 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

I don't think he was "bussing too much". I think that (as evidenced by.....well EVERY ONE of his posts) Cloud is a reactive, headstrong individual. It reads to me like you genuinely touched a sore spot and he flipped his shit. Basically, what started as bussing, ended up in the twilight zone.

Yeah, reading what I wrote, it SOUNDS ridiculous. But, actually reading the thread....that's what it reads like to me.

And how do I know you're NOT freaking out behind the scenes with the mod? I'm not privy to your pm box.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (isolation #10) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:28 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

In post 558, Kairal wrote:
In post 545, -Grey- wrote:Lol.
Newman I want to direct your attention to this post. Do you know why Grey is laughing? It's because he started the whole Mini and Cloud modconfirmed scum thing as a way to lure scum out. You didn't read that part I guess? In fact just before I left the thread Grey and I were having a laugh about how he caught massive out with it.

Then right after that you come along quoting that same argument? It's not a great look

The reason it's a dumb argument is because scum absolutely can vote for their own partners and still be playing for their wincon. Last game I was in scum ruthlessly bussed their partner from page 2. Cloud could absolutely have been doing the same if he and Mini were scum.

I've also read plenty of games where scum manufactured what appears to be a personal disagreement to make town think there's no way they can be linked. If you think about it Cloud's play would actually be pretty good if he and Mini were scum. If either of them ever dies we definitely wouldn't suspect the other of being their partner. Even better Cloud created a perfect excuse to vote Mini all day every day and therefore avoid having to fake reads and votes on town.

Yes I know I said I was done for today. But I had dinner with my girlfriend's parents so I got bored and checked the thread again. It was alive and that got me excited! Dinner still sucked though :(
Yes, scum can (and absolutely should!) bus their teammates. What I'm saying is that it appears that things got heated and went well beyond that between Cloud and MDS. Cloud was repeatedly asked if he was serious about locking in his vote, to which he replied in the affirmative.

And I couldn't care less that Grey was laughing, or that he believes he caught Massive. My believing in something that you, or he, doesn't does not make me scum. In fact, why the hell would I double down on something that "caught Massive", if I were scum? It makes no sense.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

LOL, yeah Mini, I'm terrified of you. :roll:

You guys are so caught up in the "mafiascum meta" that your posts all sound so robotic, and the same. Half the time, I have to double check the username, just to remind myself who's talking. I'm sorry that I post differently than you guys, and by extension seem scummy to you. Sorry, shouldn't say "scummy" because that apparently makes me look bad too.

I'm real simple. I call it as I see it. If y'all don't like that, or think that makes me scum, then vote me.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:25 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

In post 591, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 585, HellloooNewman wrote:LOL, yeah Mini, I'm terrified of you. :roll:

You guys are so caught up in the "mafiascum meta" that your posts all sound so robotic, and the same. Half the time, I have to double check the username, just to remind myself who's talking. I'm sorry that I post differently than you guys, and by extension seem scummy to you. Sorry, shouldn't say "scummy" because that apparently makes me look bad too.

I'm real simple. I call it as I see it. If y'all don't like that, or think that makes me scum, then vote me.
Why do you think I scumhunt exclusively on meta? I don't.

I thought it was super odd that you (1) used a mod message to call me scum, (2) which was already discredited as an argument and then (3) tried to convince *me* that your argument against myself was genuine.

Like, I should have been the last person you'd need to convince.

I literally don't know what villager would attempt to persuade the mafia herself that she's mafia.
- Someone "discrediting" an arguement doesn't make it invalid.

- I wasn't trying to convince you. We were having an exchange, and I can tend to post what I'm thinking in an almost "stream of consciousness" sort of way.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (isolation #13) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:59 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

I'm not paranoid. I'm not piggybacking anything.

Y'all are silly.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #770 (isolation #14) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

Can we get an official vote count please?
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #805 (isolation #15) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

I'm a cop!
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #813 (isolation #16) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

Vote Io

He's the scum we're looking for, you betcha! Also....who is the consensus for who I should investigate tonight? Make your cases people!
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (isolation #17) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

Maura's, It's interesting that "you don't believe for a minute" that I'm a cop, but you are all in on helping direct my actions.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (isolation #18) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by HellloooNewman »

.....and for some reason my phone autocorrected "Kairal" to Maura's. :roll:
HellloooNewman