Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by Prism »

Big timecrunch, my priority right now is meta dive but if there's something you want me to look at let me know. This has been my first forum game in eons so I didn't have an idea of how to time manage well at all so my apologies.

On my end the thing I want is the nn response (BV should probably give his thoughts on it too) but I understand the time difficulties
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by nn30 »

I take the GRE tomorrow.

I don't have the time to dive into responding to everything you need me to respond to Prism.

I will in a day or two though.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:22 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 6.05
LynchingWith 3 votes in play, it takes 2 to lynch.

Anybody
(0):

Not Voting
(3): BlackVoid, nn30, Prism

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-12-14 08:15:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:25 am

Post by BlackVoid »

Still re-reading. Hopefully, I'll be able to make a decision with at least a couple of days left.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Prism »

Dodging
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Post by nn30 »

So here's where I am:

Prism, I can still respond to everything you wanted, but I don't think I'm going to need to.

I ISO'd both Shadow_Step & Prism. During this re-read, I went through and counted each time either Prism or Shadow directly addressed either of Boring or LUV in a post.* The idea being that scum don't talk to their partners as much due to them not actually caring what they think and that scum talk to town more precisely because they are the crowd they need to convince.

Shadow's posts: 22/352 = 6.3% towards conf scum
Prism's posts: 16/156 = 10%

Prism wins town points here by a significant margin.

Second, I took a look at Shadow's D1. He had me as conf!town for quite a while - until he began pushing me during (D3? I think?) I can understand walking back your top town read, but that much of a flip is pretty drastic.

Prism, I want to draw your attention to 3122 once more - but this time read starting at the beginning of the day (starts on ). This was his first meaningful contribution to the day beyond 'I'm going to re-read and get to it later.' BV basically lurked his way through the day, waited for town to talk itself into lynching another townie, and then hopped on at the last minute in 3122 with some weak attempt to join the consensus (which he did absolutely nothing to help form).

Today, he's even stolen some of the same logic his predecessor (at least, I think it was Shadow) used to scum read me.
In post 3141, BlackVoid wrote:There was a five person wagon on Boring D1. I don't think they were all town. I guess they could be but I'm not going to townread every one of them just for voting her. Odds are pretty high at least one scum was on that wagon.
The previous use was when Boring was still alive. Shadow (I think) used VCA to point at the wagon full of dead townies, and me, and say 'whelp I doubt that the entire wagon was made of townies, NN must be scum then.

Now that Boring is dead he's just recycling it.

Most of his attempts to scum read me are cherry picking events and interpreting them through the lens of conf-bias. He's not actually trying to get at the motivation of anything - he's just stating plausible ways that a scum!Nn30 would have made that move. It's not an attempt to solve the game - it's just weak.

In digging through your posts from this game, you're employing a level of analysis that is difficult to match if you're scum. It actually explains why Shadow behaved so erratically all game - his posts lacked logic because he lacked an ability to fake it. Your posts, on the other hand, were full of indications of you actually attempting to solve the game. Plus, you were pretty quick to remove the town-cred Boring got for her 'pushes' on LUV D1. I don't think you'd do that to her as her partner.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:16 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 6.06

Anybody
(0):

Not Voting

Deadline
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:58 am

Post by BlackVoid »

That's a pretty quick turnaround there. One moment, you were pushing Prism, when I didn't buy it, you decided I was scum after all.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:25 am

Post by nn30 »

It had nothing to do with your reaction, hun
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:28 am

Post by BlackVoid »

I'm pretty sure it is. You figured out I'm not buying what you are selling so pushing me seems like your only option.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by nn30 »

You've pretty resolutely failed to so any meaningful scum hunting since you got here. You said 'idk man' all day yesterday - once Dier looked like he was going down, you finally chimed in by adding fuel to the already raging fire.

Today you began by saying you'd do a pro and con list and, so far, you've just come up with crappy reasons to scum read me.

You aren't trying to solve the game.

You're scum.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

I've been pretty clear on how I felt about Dierfire. I thought you were the most likely scum but couldn't confidently say that and that Dierfire was town. Everyone seemed dead-set on lynching him so I didn't argue against it and let it happen. You keep trying to twist it into a scum narrative but as town with the reads I had, would you have expected me to do something different?

Your reads are actually really convenient. When I replaced into the game calling you scum, you scumread me back. Then everyone gets settled on Dierfire. Through some bizarre trickery, you decide I'm town and that Dierfire is scum and are suddenly all for lynching him. Once he flips town, you go "oh, wow, he was town, turns out BV is scum."
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

To say that I haven't done any scumhunting is grossly inaccurate. I've correctly pegged one scum (Boring) and possibly another (you). I heavily pushed for her lynch when before I replaced in, the default lynch was Dierfire, a townie. I was the primary cause of scum being lynched that day. I don't bring this up in my favor because I recognize that if I had drawn scum, hard-bussing at that point before taking the guaranteed Dierfire mislynch would have been a very viable option for me so it's null. But it shows I have been scumhunting.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by nn30 »

Ugh. I thought you had come in a day later - I actually remembered incorrectly. You did come in and push Boring.

Lylo is hard.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Prism »

Just a heads up that I can't get to anything until around 7 pm EST on Friday.

@nn30: I haven't gotten a chance to go over your post completely, but yes, you almost certainly should respond to my posts, I can tl;dr them on Friday if you want. (Don't have time now to review and make sure I'm not missing anything)
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Prism - give me a rundown of what you want responses to and I'll respond.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:29 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 6.07

Anybody
(0):

Not Voting

Deadline
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:43 am

Post by BlackVoid »

In post 3213, nn30 wrote:Ugh. I thought you had come in a day later - I actually remembered incorrectly. You did come in and push Boring.

Lylo is hard.
How did you forget that when I was the reason you voted her?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:46 am

Post by nn30 »

This is a 129 page game. On top of that, I'm in a number of other games. On top of that, I have things going on in my life which take up valuable brain space. On top of that, I seem to have inherited a 'forgetful gene' from my father. He's the kind of guy who will leave a party and come back a half an hour later to get his wallet. And then come back another half an hour later to get his sunglasses. In this respect - I'm a chip off the ol' block.

So yeah - I don't have a photographic memory of things that have happened in this game.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:22 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 6.08

Anybody
(0):

Not Voting

Deadline
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Prism »

Hey everyone, my posts today are going to be a little bit later. I'm still going to get to them sometime tonight because we're getting close to the deadline, but I can't right now.

I didn't hear the best news today. My apologies.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Yeah, I need more time too. I have a good idea which way I'll likely be voting but want to do another close re-read of the thread and questions for both of you before voting.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:02 pm

Post by nn30 »

You've said I'm going to reread' at least 5 times now BV.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

Probably. And?
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

The real question is why aren't you re-reading? Clearly, you are not ready to vote either given you haven't, so you should be reading to help you feel more confident in your decision.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”