Mini Normal 1861: Musical Mafia (TOWN WIN)

culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Post by culted »

He's a townlean for me, but I'm not sure how anyone's comfytown.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

No, I meant people who see him as scummy or "newbscum" or whatever.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 402, Kairal wrote:I'm currently sorting into two baskets. Would not lynch day 1 and the rest. Right now I have Mini, Grey, Dierfire and Culted in basket 1. Including myself that means I have the bare minimum for a town read from 5 of 13 people. That's not my 'would never lynch, clearly town bff' list. That's my exceeded bare minimum to not get lynched list. If I'm super generous I could maybe fit Jin in there.
So here's the thing. Kairal's actively trying to reduce the pool of suspects, which is incredibly town and super bad for scum unless he put his partners in his "basket 1". And tbh if those people are the scum, we may have already lost the game, we just don't know it yet.

Either way, I don't see how any scumread on that man could be justified other than with forced nitpicking.

The only people who work to actively *expand* the possible pool of lynchables by feigning paranoia before MYLO/LYLO and looking to cast doubt on others' townreads, are the scum.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Io »

I already said, I'm like 90% sure in the vote post itself, that I voted AJ because I had real Kai's points about AJ then agreed with the assessment.
Then he made the 378 which is just a long scum orientated post throwing a little bit of shade at a lot of people but not outright accusing most of them.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 am

Post by Dierfire »

Your vote was in . I don't see that Kairal made any major points about Aj the Epic before that. What's going on there?
I read again and it seems fairly clear to me that the intent was to express suspicion of massive, HellloooNewman, and you (from the question about the VC I'd assume that massive was the preferred vote). Were you only concerned about the lack of actual vote or did you think that something about the stated suspicions didn't hold up?
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:05 am

Post by massive »

Kairal
: Can I direct you to 41, 47, 117, and 291, and ask you whether or not you think those votes had reasons?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Io »

I don't care about not voting or needing to have a vote.
The post is just fake. 3 major scum reads and 1-2 slight ones is pretty much the formula of what you need to do as scum to cast suspicion on as many people as possible without making yourself stand out and the main accuser of them when they are eventually mislynched.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

The issue is, there are three scum reads and... nothing. You're completely full of it if you think that post cast shade at anyone but you, massive and HelloNewman.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Io »

And Grey
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

It's almost like I gave Grey a resounding town read and unvoted him.

How long have you been staring at shadows?
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Io »

What?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:49 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 435, Io wrote:What?

I messed it too.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:49 am

Post by -Grey- »

Missed*
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Io »

The what was more for the second part. I mean yes he "town" read you, but it was certainly not a resounding town read and was pretty much a "I guess he's town" read since there was the line "I think I'm willing to view Grey as town" which is basically just saying he doesn't want to town read you but has to because of the following reason he had given on the rest of that line.
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Io »

really the problem is that the wording of the whole thing is so ambiguous it lets him take almost any stance he wants, specifically on Grey.
If Grey is being widly town read which is wort of the case now he can go back and say "no I was obviously townreading him" like he just did when the language suggested a vvery reluctant town read, but of course the same were to go if people suspected Grey and started voting him then he could just simply say "I was only slightly town reading him because of one thing but I am still skeptical of him" which would clear him of any sort of relation if Grey was lynched as he wasn't one of the main accusers just slightly agreeing.
Kind of language such as that post is just extremely useful for scum as it's just fence sitting while feigning taking a stance just one that can swing both ways depending on the situation.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:05 am

Post by -Grey- »

Io is climbing in my scumreads.
---
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:10 am

Post by Io »

k
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Kairal »

In post 428, Io wrote:I already said, I'm like 90% sure in the vote post itself, that I voted AJ because I had real Kai's points about AJ then agreed with the assessment.
Then he made the 378 which is just a long scum orientated post throwing a little bit of shade at a lot of people but not outright accusing most of them.
The thing is... I never made a case on AJ. Seriously check out my discussions with Grey where he's frustrated with me specifically because I've frequently defended AJ. I have one post that could be considered an attack on AJ and it's really more of a concession that he may have scumslipped. Emphasis on 'may'
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Kairal »

In post 430, massive wrote:
Kairal
: Can I direct you to 41, 47, 117, and 291, and ask you whether or not you think those votes had reasons?
No those votes are also annoying. However culted's post in 41 appeared to be a late RVS, I specifically voted Grey for 47, I specifically called out Grey again for 117. In both cases he explained where he was coming from. 291... Hmm yeah that's a little weird. Mini why are you feeling better about Massive? I believe you already had FoS on Io previously so I get why you changed the vote to her. But why not massive?

Massive why do you have time to scour the thread for other naked votes and not explain your own naked votes. Maybe I'm stomping all over some brilliant plan that comes from years of experience here I dunno. But it really does just look like a scum chucking in votes and unable to justify them.
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Kairal »

In post 427, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 402, Kairal wrote:I'm currently sorting into two baskets. Would not lynch day 1 and the rest. Right now I have Mini, Grey, Dierfire and Culted in basket 1. Including myself that means I have the bare minimum for a town read from 5 of 13 people. That's not my 'would never lynch, clearly town bff' list. That's my exceeded bare minimum to not get lynched list. If I'm super generous I could maybe fit Jin in there.
So here's the thing. Kairal's actively trying to reduce the pool of suspects, which is incredibly town and super bad for scum unless he put his partners in his "basket 1". And tbh if those people are the scum, we may have already lost the game, we just don't know it yet.

Either way, I don't see how any scumread on that man could be justified other than with forced nitpicking.

The only people who work to actively *expand* the possible pool of lynchables by feigning paranoia before MYLO/LYLO and looking to cast doubt on others' townreads, are the scum.
Thanks Mini. You know when you put it like this it makes it sound like I'm doing the pool of suspects again. As you recall that didn't end so well for us last time. I assure you I'm not locking myself into these reads. They're purely for day 1 and I'll reassess everyone on the list tomorrow. It's just a way to narrow down my potential lynch targets for today.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:56 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 270, I Am Innocent wrote:Sorry busy in real life. Tomorrow is a half day for me so will catch up then. My apologies all
Yeah the half day came and went. If I can't get caught up by the end of the weekend, I'll replace out. Sorry all and thanks for your patience
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:16 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 443, Kairal wrote:Mini why are you feeling better about Massive? I believe you already had FoS on Io previously so I get why you changed the vote to her. But why not massive?
That was back then. Part of my suspicion on him was because of his questioning which I thought was pointless. But then he explained his intentions and I thought they made sense, so that was one point of my case against him struck down.

It didn't erase my whole scumread though, and his opportunistic wagoning and doubling down on the bad logic pretty much dropped him back to the bottom of my scum meter.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:36 am

Post by massive »

In post 443, Kairal wrote: Massive why do you have time to scour the thread for other naked votes and not explain your own naked votes. Maybe I'm stomping all over some brilliant plan that comes from years of experience here I dunno. But it really does just look like a scum chucking in votes and unable to justify them.
It's day one. I don't have a brilliant plan. I also think anyone who says they have a concrete reason for voting on day one is probably wrong and scum will love having them around to exploit.

---

MDS
: Specifically can you quote my "bad logic" that I've "doubled down on"?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:45 am

Post by Kairal »

In post 447, massive wrote:
In post 443, Kairal wrote: Massive why do you have time to scour the thread for other naked votes and not explain your own naked votes. Maybe I'm stomping all over some brilliant plan that comes from years of experience here I dunno. But it really does just look like a scum chucking in votes and unable to justify them.
It's day one. I don't have a brilliant plan. I also think anyone who says they have a concrete reason for voting on day one is probably wrong and scum will love having them around to exploit.

---

MDS
: Specifically can you quote my "bad logic" that I've "doubled down on"?
Ok. Does this mean all of your votes till now are random votes? You should at least have some reason for them right? Like you made this post earlier about how scum are brilliantly mind controlling people into lynching you. I'm offering you a very easy way to get me to reconsider my vote on you. All you need to do is explain your votes.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

I just want to point out that if i randomly voted a bunch and got heat and votes for it then said it was random and meaningless i would be called scum and lynched.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”