Mini Normal 1861: Musical Mafia (TOWN WIN)

Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:08 am

Post by Io »

Specifically no one's asked that just asking why and I've sadi that 2 or 3 times now and no one pays attention to any of it.
Specifically though it was 298 and the 2nd paragraph which was something I hadn't notice and really I've always had the philosophy that, that kind of behavior/posting can come from scum which is what Aj was doing.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:24 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Io, ignoring that for now, what are your thoughts on the massive/Newman/Flub situation?
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:42 am

Post by Kairal »

In post 166, Io wrote:Just kind of sat at my computer doign things for 30 minutes then suddenly realized I was forgetting something. So. Here I am.
In post 101, Elhabe21 wrote:A little new at this but
VOTE: CloudKicker
Cuz you're standing out more than others
I want to kill you just for that logic.

OK caught up.
Firstly wanted to address the since I disagree with that entirely. I get the vibe from Cloud that they are trying to convince people they are town from the town slip, but Cloud's logic as to why it's a town slip is pretty shaky yes town slip quite a lot, but really thinking there is 9 players isn't much of a slip if anything it's just you didn't read. Kai also mentioned Town are usually in a panic under pressure but I think that's more a personal thing, I for one always try to remain calm even if it's frustrating being ignored.

VOTE: AJ

I'm going to have to agree with Kai after reading their accusation.
I don't really agree with the SAJ wagon in general after hosting a game with him, he mostly just feels like a fairly easy mislynch to push.
Lets not ignore that Io voted for Aj in post 166 based on my read in 298. Io is a TIME TRAVELLER and personally that's a bit more important than a game of mafia
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:45 am

Post by Kairal »

@ Culted I'm actually not sure I'd say I scumread Newman. I was frustrated earlier because his low post count made it impossible to read him town. When I said his recent vote on Mini was a bad look. I meant literally it looks bad. Right now I'm not sure either way on him.

Personally I have no idea how we're overlooking massive claiming he's gamethrowing over me. Io's time travelling is the only thing remotely as suspicious and these should be our two major wagons for today.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:46 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Kairal once again wins the thread. :lol:
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:57 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

I don't think Io is necessarily scum for the time travelling though. I think anyone can make a major lapse like that, and if I remember correctly she said she had a migraine and thought Grey was calling Gamma scum. So I'm not surprised she's being a little inconsistent.

She's still scum for other reasons though.

But right now we have this supermassive scum hole and Mr. "Trust me, you're scum if you think about it" Newman, and I think at least one of them is almost certainly mafia.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:28 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

VOTE: HelloNewman
In post 575, Io wrote:Specifically no one's asked that just asking why and I've sadi that 2 or 3 times now and no one pays attention to any of it.
Specifically though it was 298 and the 2nd paragraph which was something I hadn't notice and really I've always had the philosophy that, that kind of behavior/posting can come from scum which is what Aj was doing.
I know Kai and MDS addressed this and MDS is going with NAI, but the issue that Io cannot put together a part she saw from Kai as her reason for vote is awful. It's not a case of confusing this shit backwards, she claimed Kai had the reason for her vote BEFORE Kai posted that. Which is why this is particularly weak. The post she references from Kairal gave one scenario where I'm scum (where I watch people push the Cloud lynch for me and then say "i told you so afterwards' and 2 that made no sense for scum (TownCK and Scum me, both scum). To say "that behavior is what scum does" and not specify what THAT is, is the major issue with Io's post in general. She can't even come up with a reason on her own why I'm scum to her and hasn't been able to do so in 100s of posts.
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Kairal »

Ok so you agree with me that time travelling makes no sense.. but you're voting Newman? With no explanation?
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:49 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

It's called sheeping :lol:

And yes I hate it, too.
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:51 am

Post by Kairal »

I feel like a reasonable sheep should at least quote the argument you're sheeping.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

LOL, yeah Mini, I'm terrified of you. :roll:

You guys are so caught up in the "mafiascum meta" that your posts all sound so robotic, and the same. Half the time, I have to double check the username, just to remind myself who's talking. I'm sorry that I post differently than you guys, and by extension seem scummy to you. Sorry, shouldn't say "scummy" because that apparently makes me look bad too.

I'm real simple. I call it as I see it. If y'all don't like that, or think that makes me scum, then vote me.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:55 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 584, Kairal wrote:reasonable sheep
lol
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:59 am

Post by Kairal »

Like it's not even doing the bad play correctly :p
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:00 am

Post by Kairal »

In post 585, HellloooNewman wrote:LOL, yeah Mini, I'm terrified of you. :roll:

You guys are so caught up in the "mafiascum meta" that your posts all sound so robotic, and the same. Half the time, I have to double check the username, just to remind myself who's talking. I'm sorry that I post differently than you guys, and by extension seem scummy to you. Sorry, shouldn't say "scummy" because that apparently makes me look bad too.

I'm real simple. I call it as I see it. If y'all don't like that, or think that makes me scum, then vote me.
Oh man that's a low blow. You didn't like my time traveller joke? I thought it was pretty good
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:04 am

Post by massive »

Can we have an actual vote count rather than a post that says "VC"?

And can someone go back and re-read where i said I would blank-vote for the rest of the game to drive them nuts and NOT keep misrepping it as me saying I'm "throwing the game"? Because at no point in that do I say I'm not voting my top scumread and the "replaced for not playing to my wincon" is clearly a dig at the mod and nothing else.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 380, Aj The Epic wrote:And 'hungry/happy' is actually 'hellooo' for HelloNewman....

His post 79 is fine, calling CK out for congratulating himself on a townslip is all well and good. The only issue is HelloNewman never actually interacts with anyone outside of CK and tunnels a bit that he's scum long after most of us have him as town. I don't mind contradictory viewpoints, but with an unpopular view comes a burden of proof, and I don't think Newman attempts that at all in his post. His reasoning CK is scum doesn't change at all (propped himself up on a townslip) even though he challenges CK multiple times through different wordings for the same thing. As I've said, I feel CK's play there was anti-town (aka looking at himself instead of others) but still NAI. Newman should've been tasked at building a case to actually make something happen rather than just stating he didn't like CK. At that point in time, nothing was happening with CK as a wagon so he either needed to drop it and refocus or force a real reason behind it.

So that's what I've got on Newman for the 4 posts so far.
It's not sheeping if you're the first one to point it out. And I'm not going to beat a dead horse about why his posts coming back weren't good.
MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:06 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

Why do you think I scumhunt exclusively on meta? I don't.

I thought it was super odd that you (1) used a mod message to call me scum, (2) which was already discredited as an argument and then (3) tried to convince *me* that your argument against myself was genuine.

Like, I should have been the last person you'd need to convince.

I literally don't know what villager would attempt to persuade the mafia herself that she's mafia.
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Kairal »

massive wrote:Can we have an actual vote count rather than a post that says "VC"?

And can someone go back and re-read where i said I would blank-vote for the rest of the game to drive them nuts and NOT keep misrepping it as me saying I'm "throwing the game"? Because at no point in that do I say I'm not voting my top scumread and the "replaced for not playing to my wincon" is clearly a dig at the mod and nothing else.
The thought never even crossed my mind that it was a dig at the mod. That said I don't know how you characterize "I'm going to play anti-town to spite someone" as not being game throwing.
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Kairal »

In post 590, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 380, Aj The Epic wrote:And 'hungry/happy' is actually 'hellooo' for HelloNewman....

His post 79 is fine, calling CK out for congratulating himself on a townslip is all well and good. The only issue is HelloNewman never actually interacts with anyone outside of CK and tunnels a bit that he's scum long after most of us have him as town. I don't mind contradictory viewpoints, but with an unpopular view comes a burden of proof, and I don't think Newman attempts that at all in his post. His reasoning CK is scum doesn't change at all (propped himself up on a townslip) even though he challenges CK multiple times through different wordings for the same thing. As I've said, I feel CK's play there was anti-town (aka looking at himself instead of others) but still NAI. Newman should've been tasked at building a case to actually make something happen rather than just stating he didn't like CK. At that point in time, nothing was happening with CK as a wagon so he either needed to drop it and refocus or force a real reason behind it.

It's not sheeping if you're the first one to point it out. And I'm not going to beat a dead horse about why his posts coming back weren't good.
I'd forgotten about that. Fair enough.
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Kairal »

In post 592, Kairal wrote:
massive wrote:Can we have an actual vote count rather than a post that says "VC"?

The thought never even crossed my mind that it was a dig at the mod. That said I don't know how you characterize "I'm going to play anti-town to spite someone" as not being game throwing.
I mean it isn't game throwing because you're a scum player playing to your win con. But if you were town it would be game throwing.

Anyway it seems like Newman managed to attract a lot of votes for you so I suppose you're safe for now.
HellloooNewman
HellloooNewman
Goon
HellloooNewman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:25 am

Post by HellloooNewman »

In post 591, MiniDeathStar wrote:

Why do you think I scumhunt exclusively on meta? I don't.

I thought it was super odd that you (1) used a mod message to call me scum, (2) which was already discredited as an argument and then (3) tried to convince *me* that your argument against myself was genuine.

Like, I should have been the last person you'd need to convince.

I literally don't know what villager would attempt to persuade the mafia herself that she's mafia.
- Someone "discrediting" an arguement doesn't make it invalid.

- I wasn't trying to convince you. We were having an exchange, and I can tend to post what I'm thinking in an almost "stream of consciousness" sort of way.
Irritating Jerry since 1991
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 593, Kairal wrote:
In post 590, Aj The Epic wrote:

I'd forgotten about that. Fair enough.
I see what you meant about the sheeping though Kai, AJ voted newman and then when asked about his reasoning he quoted a post that was 210 posts prior ro his vote. I think at the time of voting he should have either reiterated his points or explained something new to do with newman. I think him quoting an older reason basically disregards all the posts newman had wrotr since then.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 287, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 286, Flubbernugget wrote:That being said (as I've highlighted already) Saj is doing very little
That's kind of part of his meta on Day 1.
I assume you mean his town meta? How is his scum meta different?

As of this post, my top 3 scum reads are Jin, IO, & Newman.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:49 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 597, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 286, Flubbernugget wrote:That being said (as I've highlighted already) Saj is doing very little

How did i get lumped in your scumreads? Is there reasoning?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 597, I Am Innocent wrote:

Why aren't you voting one of them, then?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”