Micro 669 - Procrastination Mafia - At The End...(GAME OVER)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:11 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 123, Gamma Emerald wrote:For my HS, 24p is STANDARD.
we don't even have 15 regulars really haha
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:12 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

pool of 20+ or so that rotates into a regular 1 at a time game of 12-15 usually

playerbase has been changing a bit recently, and it's always in flux with ppl in and out or whatever
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I've only been scum on my HS. I was caught both times.
My HS has some REALLY GOOD players. I wish more were here, but only two people from there are active here (Grendel and Eggman)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

What is your HS drealmerz?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Infinite Justice
Infinite Justice
Goon
Infinite Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:16 am

Post by Infinite Justice »

You seem to be intent on at least starting to end the day. Having someone claim is sometimes followed by a lynch. Point is, I don't see a reason to start working towards a lynch unless the deadline is near or the game is going slow, neither of which are true. Also as far as I know only 1 person other than you is scumreading me (cause titus has barely shown up yet lol)

Different sites are going to have different customs, and you have to adapt when you change sites. Though I have no evidence for this, I bet you mafiascum would have a higher town winrate for the same setups than other sites that tend to end days really quickly.

But this is getting nowhere, so w/e

-Inf
Infinite Justice
Infinite Justice
Goon
Infinite Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:18 am

In post 122, drealmerz7 wrote:Days go how Days go

no matter the size

can't dictate how they go based on your conceptions of how they should go
I agree with you, and since so far the game seems to be developing in a productive direction I don't see why we'd end the day.
Infinite Justice
Infinite Justice
Goon
Infinite Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:18 am

-Inf
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:18 am

Post by Dunnstral »

My vote is serious
Infinite Justice
Infinite Justice
Goon
Infinite Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:18 am

I got that.

-Inf
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 129, Infinite Justice wrote:You seem to be intent on at least starting to end the day. Having someone claim is sometimes followed by a lynch. Point is, I don't see a reason to start working towards a lynch unless the deadline is near or the game is going slow, neither of which are true. Also as far as I know only 1 person other than you is scumreading me (cause titus has barely shown up yet lol)

Different sites are going to have different customs, and you have to adapt when you change sites. Though I have no evidence for this, I bet you mafiascum would have a higher town winrate for the same setups than other sites that tend to end days really quickly.

But this is getting nowhere, so w/e

-Inf
My HS is blitz games all the time. First game I played was okay but the second was slow AF (due to being all scum).
<Embrace The Void>

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:22 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

my HS has a good number of really exceptional players

I don't want to share it publicly, sorry, I'd rather not be meta-mined or whatever else (have some shameful games too! woo!)

in SMURFIA I was scum with nacho and he kicked butt and I did meh okay - tammy has played on there too (game I modded)

our pace is generally 1-2 week Days and 3-5 day Nights
content tends to be deep
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:25 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 129, Infinite Justice wrote:1.) You seem to be intent on at least starting to end the day. Having someone claim is sometimes followed by a lynch. Point is, 2.)I don't see a reason to start working towards a lynch unless the deadline is near or the game is going slow...
1.) Nope, I'm intent on voting my top SR, that is you. I can't help you're at L-1, sorry. Talk to the others on your wagon about that.

2.) That's interesting because I think it makes sense to work towards a lynch when I think I've found scum. That's not a factor for you?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:27 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

the hardest adjustment I have here is 2 day Nights - I usually like having 4-5 days to re-read the thread and digest things and reflect on it all

the game I modded had 5-7 day Nights simply because of the amount of NAs and flavor associated

scums gotta have time to use NC
Infinite Justice
Infinite Justice
Goon
Infinite Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:28 am

In post 135, drealmerz7 wrote:my HS has a good number of really exceptional players

I don't want to share it publicly, sorry, I'd rather not be meta-mined or whatever else (have some shameful games too! woo!)

in SMURFIA I was scum with nacho and he kicked butt and I did meh okay - tammy has played on there too (game I modded)

content tends to be deep
Given that, it seems very weird and unnatural to me that you'd ask for a claim in a game that's progressing yet still in its early stages. Try to explain?

-Inf

PEdit: I don't see how you're confident you've found scum based on this much reasoning, and even if there was a confirmed scum right now I'd wait to progress the day much further before lynching them because I believe d1 content is very important for later days. Maybe that's just me, but I want to try to understand why you disagree in this instance and I don't think you explained it properly.
Infinite Justice
Infinite Justice
Goon
Infinite Justice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:29 am

found scum based on this much evidence*
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 135, drealmerz7 wrote:my HS has a good number of really exceptional players

content tends to be deep
I don't care about meta, I want to play with you.
<Embrace The Void>

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:43 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 138, Infinite Justice wrote: 1.) it seems very weird and unnatural to me that you'd ask for a claim in a game that's progressing yet still in its early stages. Try to explain?

-Inf

PEdit: 2.) I don't see how you're confident you've found scum based on this much reasoning, and even if there was a confirmed scum right now I'd wait to progress the day much further before lynching them because 3.) I believe d1 content is very important for later days. Maybe that's just me, but I want to try to understand why you disagree in this instance and I don't think you explained it properly.
1.) for me it is completely natural, no matter the circumstance: if you're at L-1, you fucking claim (if you're town, also if you're scum because smartscum try to be towny and town always should claim imo), because of the potential for QH, because it shows your desire to shake the wagon and not lose your role/vote/view to a lynch - to me you're trying to force the game into a "stage" that it is not in, you're at L-1, that is the primary thing, regardless of what other conceptions you might hold about how it "should" be, how it is is you're at L-1 and should be claiming so that we can judge whether to stay on you or get off.

2.) I often don't function on pure "reasoning" - this is mafia and to me it is a lot of behavioral analysis, motivations, associations, attitude, the genuineness I feel in it all - there's a combination of these things that lead me to intuit that you are scum, it's a skill I'm usually good with, there's not much reason to it a lot of time, it gets me SR a lot because I try to push a read like this and it doesn't often go over well because I don't know how to go about it so well when it's like this - the main thing is, I am confident in voting you as scum. I know I'm town. I know I have town's best interests in me, and I know that it is not good to vote without that feeling of confidence. I don't vote without confidence/comfort in a vote. If I feel this good about it, I'm sticking with it. No doubt. It serves me well. often.

3.) I agree but that is a generalization and a stalling or muddying of things as the day progresses is also something scum often will do when town is on the right track "wait wait, we're moving too fast! how can we be so sure they're scum so soon?" well we can't be SO SURE, but it's D1, and there's nothing TO KNOW, and if you've got comfort in a vote, go for it, give the reasons the best you can, and move forward. Everyone at their own pace, certainly, but don't halt your pace based on someone else asserting taht you shouldn't be advancing the game yet. That's ridiculous.

Again, the Day has not ended, has it? There is content generating, right now, so, quit balking the advancement of the game.

I mean, fuck:
In post 108, inspectorscout wrote:
BulletNLynchproof -
[1] Infinite Justice
In post 118, drealmerz7 wrote:can you give a fuller assessment of BNL?
In post 119, Infinite Justice wrote: And no I can't give a fuller assessment of BnL, because I don't have enough to read him off of.
explain yourself damnit geeezuz cause this is just all sorts of off and wrong and then I look at your early early early posts interaction with BNL (heyyy, you pointed this thing out about that player, but not about me, ehehemmmm) - and then not much from BNL

and ya know, yaeahhh....
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:44 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 140, Gamma Emerald wrote: I want to play with you.
*blush*
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:51 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

*long expectant drumroll for awkward unvote by IJ of BNL*
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:52 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

"oh wait it is leftover RVS" ??

which excuse will it be, folks?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

*drumroll persists*
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 137, drealmerz7 wrote:the hardest adjustment I have here is 2 day Nights - I usually like having 4-5 days to re-read the thread and digest things and reflect on it all

the game I modded had 5-7 day Nights simply because of the amount of NAs and flavor associated

You think you have a hard time adjusting to MS? My HS runs mafia games that have. 72 hour Day Phases and 24 hour nights. Another site i play on have 48 hour days and 12 hour night phases.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 146, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 137, drealmerz7 wrote:the hardest adjustment I have here is 2 day Nights - I usually like having 4-5 days to re-read the thread and digest things and reflect on it all

You think you have a hard time adjusting to MS? My HS runs mafia games that have. 72 hour Day Phases and 24 hour nights. Another site i play on have 48 hour days and 12 hour night phases.
yep I understand there's a good number of those, that sort of play doesn't appeal at all, nor is it conducive to what I can do

do you just like the variety MS provides?

I wanted something as close as I could get to my HS pace wise but some larger games and bigger variety of player exposure - MS seemed appealing especially with the large theme games so I am testing the waters here
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:47 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 81, Zachstralkita wrote:Wait a minute so those fucks got me to l2? Lmfao
and you put Infinite at L-2. So what?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 147, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 146, Secret Agent Jin wrote:

yep I understand there's a good number of those, that sort of play doesn't appeal at all, nor is it conducive to what I can do

do you just like the variety MS provides?

I wanted something as close as I could get to my HS pace wise but some larger games and bigger variety of player exposure - MS seemed appealing especially with the large theme games so I am testing the waters here
I enjoy Great/Greater Idea Mafia type games but cant find them here much. I like the large choice of different game types here though.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”