Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3434 (isolation #200) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Prism »

Also I forgot about this because it's been so long but when PP claimed deputy I literally screamed "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO" for 5-6 seconds at my computer. You might as well have just shot me. I was adamantly expecting a BP (and for some reason I didn't claim it myself despite thinking it was optimal for several days). We got so unlucky with who the PRs were it was ridiculous-we shot a single VT at night and we still got basically mechanical autoloss. People just lynched Dierfire anyway for a reason I will never really know. Gamma's N1 investigation of Implosion was also genius and set town up extremely well for the rest of the game.

I remember nn once saying I purposely kept him alive and thinking to myself, "I wish, I haven't gotten to pick a kill since N1!" It all worked out in the end though, the game functioned wonderfully and we got a great game out of it.
In post 3433, nn30 wrote:@Prism - I love the humility you're displaying here. You must be good people IRL.
I really appreciate this, so thank you. It was a real joy playing with you, and I found it really pleasant even if I did tear out my hair a bit trying to figure out how to distill my posts optimally for you.
nn30 wrote:p-edit: Shadow made me want to rage quit too. I'm not mad about that at all. It ended up doing you in anyways since his replace out is what started me thinking he was town. Karma I guess?
You should read the scum PT, the irony was not lost on me at all.

In conclusion, I blame podoboq, for
being a wonderful mod with a great sense of humor who put up with a lot of shit
not guessing the magic word and therefore radically altering my gameplay. I was totally going to win until you chose not to guess.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3437 (isolation #201) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Prism »

Man, I just read nn's post where he voted BV for the first time, and it's sinking in just how close I was despite how much I detested my level of play today. This just breaks my heart all over again.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3441 (isolation #202) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Prism »

You won my heart anyway, even if you're not into playing games.

The magic word, by the way, was "Orlando".
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3442 (isolation #203) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Prism »

I don't know what you would have done if you had actually guessed the word because obviously I had no plans to alter my play in any way, I think the real danger is if you had actually guessed it right and left me feeling obligated to do something as a reward.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3448 (isolation #204) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 3447, Gamma Emerald wrote:Grendel, DF, Prism, and boring.
Not quite auto, but dangerous.
Town had 3 mislynches left, that would be auto.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3449 (isolation #205) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Prism »

Sorry, 2 mislynches, I counted the LyLo lynch.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3465 (isolation #206) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:41 am

Post by Prism »

I'm very satisfied with my play up through the end of Day 5, I had time struggles still but I could make it work. I really put everything I had into it and am proud as fuck of it. I'm purely talking about my Day 6 when I talk about how disappointed I am-it is literally the worst I have ever played as mafia in the past 3/4 years, and it's obviously my own fault. I appreciate the attempts to console me but it's just kind of how I am-I'll be okay, this attitude is just how I choose to approach my play and improve. It was a new situation for me, hitting at the most crucial moment, and I collapsed. I've never played forum mafia, a form where you don't dedicate 100% attention through to the end, I didn't anticipate something like a worst case scenario like that interfering with so much. In the future, if I ever play again, now I know and will do better. I view it as a learning experience, and my disappointment is just a vehicle for that.

I'm really happy to see all the support for my play, even by spectators and people who weren't even on my team. It's really humbling, so thank you. I'll try to do even better next time, and play to the level that I know I can, if there is one.

Glad to hear you're not upset about the replace out issue.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3476 (isolation #207) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 3475, nn30 wrote:@Grendel - on re-read, when you said 'I have the feeling Prism is trying to pocket me' it really pinged me. You are part of why I was able to vote him. So kudos.
That one I never really got, because my prior two posts were pushing Grendel. I said I liked RVS and said one post was high quality but that was it in 2000 pages.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3477 (isolation #208) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:13 pm

Post by Prism »

2000 posts, I mean.

One of those linked to the wrong one but the right one is quoted within it anyway.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3482 (isolation #209) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 3481, Dierfire wrote:Ha ha, I guess that that depends on what you mean by "safely ignore" here! It's true that most of the time when I'm addressing someone specific I don't really require anyone else to weigh in, but it seems to me that if you wanted to know what I was thinking (in order to read my alignment, correct my mistakes, or be persuaded by my arguments) a good first step would be to read what I write.
This is the reason I tried to make my posts as succinct and clear as possible, unless I was purposely trying to have it be lost. A lot of the ones I wanted at the forefront still got lost. I have a hard enough time being heard and understood in person.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #3483 (isolation #210) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Prism »

For what it's worth, I think you were by far the most clearly town of the unclears, at least from my vantage point, bar Shadow who really should have never been up for a lynch to begin with.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”