[EV] 8p Multiball

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Pine »

I'm not sure if this latest run is something to base viability off of. Several improbable things happened, not to mention a serious imbalance in player skill.

I'm no good at the precision math, but my impression as a scum player was that the individual scumteams are hugely disadvantaged. All town is bulletproof, and there's another, equally powerful team, and they might roleblock you, and your roleblocks are mathematically more likely to block a shot against town than halt a shot against your team. If I'd been thinking right, I would have roleblocked no one at all. The blocker is the real weak link, maybe it would be better if they instead had a Watcher
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Pine »

Ehh, straight up cop might be too much. You'd get a straight up or down every night. Even assuming D1 NL, that's 1/3 of confirming an opponent for death, 2/3 to confirm that you're better off lynching that Townie. That said, as is you have de facto copping, because a failed shot means they're probably Town, a successful one gives you a flip.

Maybe if you give each team both a Watcher and a Roleblocker, and don't restrict them to using a power or making a kill. The added scum power is actually to Town's benefit, as it merely adds to the scum vs scum play. Watcher can catch the opposing team, Roleblocker adds WIFOM and doubt to negative Watcher results and failed kills. Did the shot hit BP? Was the shot blocked? Etc

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Pine »

Ehhh. This takes the human component out of consideration, which I'm never a big fan of. For example, I doubt it considers that shooting someone who doesn't die is effectively a cop inno on that person. I dunno, I'd hesitate to beef up scum anti-Town power much. Maybe make the goon a 1-shot Doctor?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Pine »

I'm sorry, I just don't buy the winrates your program is kicking out. They make too many assumptions.

That said, try running one where the scumteams have a roleblocker and a 1-shot Doctor.

Also, for the record, I will always ALWAYS advocate no lynching as a bad idea. No lynching causes Town to abdicate all agency in this setup

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #63 (isolation #4) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Pine »