mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3492 (isolation #0) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:36 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 3472, podoboq wrote:
In post 3470, Shadow_step wrote:Two of the same roles being town is really really bad though and I didn't expect them in a mini normal. Cause they can lead to back to back mislynches.
Imagine Eager and I both making it to day 3 and neither of us had claimed ascetic. Under l-1 he claims ascetic. I CC him, he flips gown I get lynched next.
Stay tuned for the setup review, where people much more experienced than either of us have this conversation and come to a very different conclusion.
I'm not on the review team, but I feel like it's generally considered likely that both ascetic roles claim early D1, and the simple nature of that claim largely clears each other.
*checks review thread, sees that's not what actually was theorized, lol smith*

Honestly, looking at the setup I think the only way scum team has a realistic chance is if the two ascetics mislynch each other, because town has a LOT of power here, and a double ascetic clear turns the mislynch pool into a very small group (even more so since the cop isn't ever going to check the ascetics, which means that cop/deputy only needs to not die or get jk'd). Like, if the cop clears a VT on N1, then unless scum run the table on mislynching all of the vanilla townies, or mislynch a PR (and cop/jk/deputy claims are hard mislynches), they no longer have a path to victory, and that's assuming they only kill PRs and not VTs.

So basically on a fundamental level the whole thing was super swingy as to whether town realized that the ascetics really were ascetics, since two ascetic mislynches makes the game pretty easy for scum, and the ascetics becoming self-confirmed via claim makes the game pretty easy for town.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #3493 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by mhsmith0 »

And looking at results, waht actually happened was one ascetic got mislynched, and the other didn't. Interesting I guess.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”