The Escape Room Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:17 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Did the one with the Brits and other Commune people (Cipher Escape). The room had a really cool track involving feeding the cat the people had left behind and once you figured out that trick it unlocked a hidden door in the wall that lead to another room.

Also did one for work, Trapped in a Room with a Zombie, where there's a zombie chained to the wall and every 5 minutes the chain the zombie is on gets longer. And if you get tagged by the zombie you are put in a quarantine room behind a gate/glass where you can no longer help out. The goal was to sort out the code to the door, which was a series of five directional inputs (N, S, E, W, NW, SW, etc) and each one was in a different set of puzzles in the room that were on opposite sides of the room. The zombie was in the center of the room so you had to use tricks to get around her.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:49 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Me/Flameaxe/Grimm/Deathnote did one yesterday where you were locked in the Study of a billionaire and had to find out where he went.

Highlights:
- This was the first time I saw a dexterity puzzle and not just a regular mind puzzle. Had to take two sticks, put them through these holes in a table, and use them to maneuver a lock-box through the inside of the table to the hole where someone else could grab it.
- In the second room, there was a pretty sweet challenge where we had to activate these wall lights, and they would flash in a pattern, and we had to all spread out around the room to hit them in the right order.
- Chess puzzle where we had to play out a game of chess and the pieces that were left had numbers on the bottom to tell us the combination.

Dislikes:
- Can we stop putting a shitload of books in Escape Rooms and having a moment where you have to find the right author and find some piece of paper hidden in the book? It makes me just want to metagame and immediately shake out every book at the start of the game.
- The design of this one was weird... there was no real "progression" in the first room, because every puzzle just lead to one of five locks on a wardrobe, and once we opened all five we got to go to the second room. I like it better when you're chasing multiple linear paths at once.
- STOP WITH THE MORSE CODE PUZZLES.
green shirt thursdays

Return to “The Arcade”