boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:17 am

Post by boring »

I think Secret Agent Jin is a good choice too. He's been soothing, accommodating, and friendly. Not damning on its own, of course, but it seems to be all he's done. I don't recall any attempts at scum-hunting, though he's piled on a vote or two.

I think he's at L-2, but I've counted wrong before, and I don't want to accidentally hammer.
Intent to L-1
, if there is such a thing.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:28 am

Post by Pine »

In post 773, boring wrote:Pine, KMD replaced PP.
Who am I missing, then?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:32 am

Post by boring »

In post 776, Pine wrote:
In post 773, boring wrote:Pine, KMD replaced PP.
Who am I missing, then?
LUV, I think. He and nn30 haven't claimed yet. The rest of us claimed VT.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:34 am

Post by Pine »

Interesting, that narrows things down.

My vote on boring stays.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:35 am

Post by boring »

In post 778, Pine wrote:Interesting, that narrows things down.

My vote on boring stays.
Can you explain why I'm a better choice than Jin?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Pine »

Well, for starters, you're the one actively managing the voting process. In a quiet game like this, I always suspect people who seem to select targets out of the blue and then push them. From where I stand, I rather think you're looking at numbers and hoping for a quick end. If vig shoots Town again tonight, scum wins. Jin's kind of low-hanging fruit, but hasn't done anything scummy. In contrast, your predecessor active-lurked and was a bit opportunistic, while you came in and have been trying to run the Town. I don't like it, it looks scummy to me.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:08 am

Post by boring »

In post 780, Pine wrote:Well, for starters, you're the one actively managing the voting process. In a quiet game like this, I always suspect people who seem to select targets out of the blue and then push them. From where I stand, I rather think you're looking at numbers and hoping for a quick end. If vig shoots Town again tonight, scum wins. Jin's kind of low-hanging fruit, but hasn't done anything scummy. In contrast, your predecessor active-lurked and was a bit opportunistic, while you came in and have been trying to run the Town. I don't like it, it looks scummy to me.
Wow, that came across a little petulant.

I'll admit I'm really excited by this game, and I do find the low activity a little disheartening. Maybe it's made me over-enthusiastic. That aside, do you feel like town was running well enough on its own before I came along? Specifically, did you think this game was heading toward a town win before I subbed in? What makes Jin low-hanging fruit to you (as opposed to genuinely scummy)?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:24 am

Post by nn30 »

Something hinky is going on.

I'm a VT.
Secret Agent Jin
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Secret Agent Jin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Secret Agent Jin »

In post 781, boring wrote:
In post 780, Pine wrote:Well, for starters, you're the one actively managing the voting process. In a quiet game like this, I always suspect people who seem to select targets out of the blue and then push them. From where I stand, I rather think you're looking at numbers and hoping for a quick end. If vig shoots Town again tonight, scum wins. Jin's kind of low-hanging fruit, but hasn't done anything scummy. In contrast, your predecessor active-lurked and was a bit opportunistic, while you came in and have been trying to run the Town. I don't like it, it looks scummy to me.

I'll admit I'm really excited by this game, and I do find the low activity a little disheartening. Maybe it's made me over-enthusiastic. That aside, do you feel like town was running well enough on its own before I came along? Specifically, did you think this game was heading toward a town win before I subbed in? What makes Jin low-hanging fruit to you (as opposed to genuinely scummy)?
I certainly dont have a way to hard confirm myself via a role action. All i can offer is the fact that if you look at my past games i am scummy in all my games and come off as low hanging fruit. I cant seem to ever avoid being anything but scummy no matter my alignment. If you provide a question for me or point to a scummy post, i can answer it but i cant really defend myself against "he seems scummy" without you pointing to something. Also, i am with NN, once he claimed VT, that only leaves one unclaimed player and two/three PRs so some people have to be claiming VT when they are scum/pr (the scum claiming town are understandable since they wouldnt claim scum).
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Pine »

He's got a low post count, low content. Given your options, taking into account that Garmr, NN, and I are all widely TRed, he's the easiest option.

And yeah, there's shenanigans.

I propose we postpone the remainder of massclaim until tomorrow.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by boring »

In post 784, Pine wrote:

He's got a low post count, low content. Given your options, taking into account that Garmr, NN, and I are all widely TRed, he's the easiest option.
That actually leaves me and LUV as the lowest hanging fruit by your definition. Of course, you had a vote on my slot and you quite recently said you're most suspicious of LUV and I.

Why have you townread Garmr and nn30, by the way? Is there anything you can point to that's lead to you town read them? I'd love a chance to knock them out of my scum pool.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Pine »

I hate it when people ask me to point to something specific about a Townread. That's not how genuine Townreads work. I find it's often a scumtactic to discredit widely TRed players.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Pine »

TRs are developed over time and are usually inspired by larger patterns and behaviors. There are very, very few legitimately singular Towntells, and anyone who says differently is scum or selling something.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by boring »

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think sussing out shenanigans is kind of the point of a mass claim. We have evidence that someone has lied. Unfortunately, that someone is a PR, which is really harmful at this point. Anyway, if nn30 was scum, he'd at least be really tempted to claim PR at this point. He'd have a leg up in a 1v1, and probably get a PR lynched. Unless I'm missing a huge counter argument, that's a huge plus for nn30.

@Pine, why is kmd okay to vote for Jin, but not okay for me?

@Jin, you're right. I don't have any specific thing to point to in suspecting you. Pine is right too in that you're the 'weakest' of the towny-cluster from when I entered. I have a feeling that you're the weakest for a reason.

@garmr, how are you feeling about Pine now? I know you've had several moments this game where you thought he was scum.

p-edit: fair enough. It's just that I know my alignment, LUV is looking to be a PR, and I could be wrong, but kmd seems really town to me. That leaves just you, nn30, Jin, and garmr. The "TReds". Town's huge disorganization points to you fellas being scum too, even without the POE. So while I understand your statement, Pine, you can hopefully understand my frustration. At least one, if not both scum is being townread, and I can't figure out who. To top it off, one of our potential conf. town have lied. It's really sucky because the whole point was to establish leaders or at trustworthy town as a solid ground that we could use to solve the game. Even worse, you're saying it's scummy to question townread players, which makes no sense, at all.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Garmr »

Boring It kinda annoys me you keep insinuating that I may be scum because I'm widely being town read. You also leave pine off that list even through he is widely town read as well. So instead of just saying these people may be scum it's gotta be one of them and potentially mislynching a townie in mylo because of paranoia, you go through every suspected town reads iso and list why they could be scum and why they could be town.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Garmr »

Pines not guaranteed scum but I still have a gut feeling about him. If he is scum he deserves the win then I can be like to everyone else haa I was right fucking told you so.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by Garmr »

Also I think people should read their roles again since we were rerolled it would be a head fuck if the role cop didn't do any investigation because they didn't read the reroll.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by boring »

In post 789, Garmr wrote:Boring It kinda annoys me you keep insinuating that I may be scum because I'm widely being town read. You also leave pine off that list even through he is widely town read as well. So instead of just saying these people may be scum it's gotta be one of them and potentially mislynching a townie in mylo because of paranoia, you go through every suspected town reads iso and list why they could be scum and why they could be town.
I've never left Pine off. At least, I don't think I have. I don't expect to be too hasty in MYLO, if I get there either. I'd just like to get there. We could lose today/tonight, and that's my biggest worry right now. I'm sorry that it annoys you, but I just don't buy that all the townread players are town. Also, I have gone through the ISO's already, but I feel like I need more information. Especially for you and Pine. If we could get a confirmation on one of the four of you, this will be so much easier.

p-edit: I'm assuming that our mod would have sent out some kind of "get your NA's in to me by such-and-such time" message to remind them. I've not been a town PR on this site, but I know they usually do that in the scum PT. It would be weird not to do it for the PRs.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 792, boring wrote:
In post 789, Garmr wrote:Boring It kinda annoys me you keep insinuating that I may be scum because I'm widely being town read. You also leave pine off that list even through he is widely town read as well. So instead of just saying these people may be scum it's gotta be one of them and potentially mislynching a townie in mylo because of paranoia, you go through every suspected town reads iso and list why they could be scum and why they could be town.
I've never left Pine off. At least, I don't think I have. I don't expect to be too hasty in MYLO, if I get there either. I'd just like to get there. We could lose today/tonight, and that's my biggest worry right now. I'm sorry that it annoys you, but I just don't buy that all the townread players are town. Also, I have gone through the ISO's already, but I feel like I need more information. Especially for you and Pine. If we could get a confirmation on one of the four of you, this will be so much easier.

p-edit: I'm assuming that our mod would have sent out some kind of "get your NA's in to me by such-and-such time" message to remind them. I've not been a town PR on this site, but I know they usually do that in the scum PT. It would be weird not to do it for the PRs.
This game I feel like I have been better at town hunting than scum hunting. Then again town seems to have a obsession with killing my strongest town reads. Maybe If I look through some facts it will be easier.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by boring »

In post 793, Garmr wrote: This game I feel like I have been better at town hunting than scum hunting. Then again town seems to have a obsession with killing my strongest town reads. Maybe If I look through some facts it will be easier.
Do you have any strong townreads at the moment?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I'm curious why you're not voting me then if this is your reasoning on boring. Most of it applies to both of us. And not even just the vote like boring pointed out.
nn wrote:Something hinky is going on.

I'm a VT.
So a power role fakeclaimed. Lil is still town though unless both power roles fakeclaimed.
Garmr wrote: If he is scum he deserves the win
I hate this mentality. If he is scum, we need to lynch him. I don't think he is but this isn't an attitude that wins games for towns.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:05 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 791, Garmr wrote:Also I think people should read their roles again since we were rerolled it would be a head fuck if the role cop didn't do any investigation because they didn't read the reroll.
Double checked mine. Still claiming VT. If I'm a power role, I'm stating now that it was a deliberate fakeclaim and not a mistake.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Garmr »

...... Kmd if you are a power role and fake claiming that just fucking over town.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Garmr »

If you are town and fake claiming your given scum the chance to counter claim in lylo. Because honestly I can see scum writing 796 so they can fakeclaim in lylo if the town role really doesn't want to claim.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well someone obviously did. All I'm saying is that my claim is still VT after checking my Role PM and we'll leave it at that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”