Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:14 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 172, Alisae wrote:
In post 164, -Grey- wrote:
In post 158, Alisae wrote:Also don't like the fact you're not willing to work with me. If anything you're being anti-town at the moment.
So?
If this is your way of being lynchbait, I don't like it.
To address your earlier question, I never was a fan of the Gamma wagon as a serious thing. I hopped back on it to support Human Sequencer. When the wagon built up and Ircher responded a few times, I felt it ran it's course considering it was an unfounded wagon.

There's plenty of content now to begin hunting scum, vanity wagons are no longer productive.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:15 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 174, Ircher wrote:Yes, but that doesn't guve you an excuse to actively try to be anti-town.
I don't need our want an excuse.

I'll play however the fuck I want and there's nothing you can do about it.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Asphodel »

@ Ircher

The posts you linked are null and you used them against a scumread you thought was legitimate, or not totally baseless, or whatever. I understand giving things more weight at the start of D1 than you would otherwise, but I just don't see how these posts ever were anything but null.

I'd be fine with that if you're trying it to force RVS-ish reads, but it crossed the line into suspicious at 112 where you're saying that the scumread's legitimate but saying you feel your townread trumps it.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Ircher »

With that attitude, practically everything can be considered null.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Ircher »

For 8 pages, my reads are sufficient justified.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Alisae »

Anyone want an unoffical vote count? I know I do! Hopefully this is right.

Unofficial VC-Grey- 1 (Ircher)
Gamma Emerald 1 (All Alone)
Ircher 3 (Gamma Emerald, -Grey-, Asphodel)
Asphodel 2 (Alisae, Human Sequencer)

Not Voting 6 (Naomi-Tn,a Flubbernugget, TwoFace, The RealGin-N-Tonic, Rainbowdash, krylea)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:50 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Rainbowdash and krylea should post soon.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

Yes Grey, I see your point, but I'm still trying to split the difference between badIrcher and scumIrcher. Leaning towards badIrcher atm.

Gamma looks worse and worse. He doesn't even address my concerns in his follow up posts, only calls the two inactives to action. I would assume that's to drag heat off of him.
nah
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

Gamma you okay?
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:06 am

Post by Alisae »

Sequencer, don't you get the feeling that Ircher is trying to push lynch bait extremely hard?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 182, Human Sequencer wrote:Yes Grey, I see your point, but I'm still trying to split the difference between badIrcher and scumIrcher. Leaning towards badIrcher atm.

Gamma looks worse and worse. He doesn't even address my concerns in his follow up posts, only calls the two inactives to action. I would assume that's to drag heat off of him.
What concerns are they?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 184, Alisae wrote:Sequencer, don't you get the feeling that Ircher is trying to push lynch bait extremely hard?
How about phrasing that as a non-loaded question?
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 186, Ircher wrote:
In post 184, Alisae wrote:Sequencer, don't you get the feeling that Ircher is trying to push lynch bait extremely hard?
How about phrasing that as a non-loaded question?
Okay,

Is Ircher pushing lynch bait or not?
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Ircher »

And my biased response is no, esp. considering that in the one newbie game that Grey has completed, Grey was killed N1.
Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Asphodel »

Ircher: Human Sequencer is town. Thoughts?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:12 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 188, Ircher wrote:And my biased response is no, esp. considering that in the one newbie game that Grey has completed, Grey was killed N1.
Context: I was killed n1 because I softed cop as a VT to draw the NK.

It worked, so apparently I did something right.
---
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Alisae »

In post 190, -Grey- wrote:
In post 188, Ircher wrote:And my biased response is no, esp. considering that in the one newbie game that Grey has completed, Grey was killed N1.

You were getting lynched the next day. I was slightly paying attention to that game while it was happening as well.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:16 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 191, Alisae wrote:
In post 190, -Grey- wrote:

You were getting lynched the next day. I was slightly paying attention to that game while it was happening as well.
Highly doubtful. You'd be surprised how often town writes off bad hammers as bad town.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:23 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 182, Human Sequencer wrote:Yes Grey, I see your point, but I'm still trying to split the difference between badIrcher and scumIrcher. Leaning towards badIrcher atm.
Ircher isn't bad. That's why I think he's scum.

He has plenty of experience to know that there is no scum motive in my posts. He's just pushing a superficial read to look town.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:44 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 127, -Grey- wrote:
In post 125, Dunnstral wrote:Dave is L-1
Is he? Let's check.

VOTE: Dave
That hammer is way too funny to lynch me over.
---
All Alone
All Alone
Goon
All Alone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:47 am

Post by All Alone »

In post 157, Asphodel wrote:Ircher's response to your post is just countering your suspicion of Gamma by saying "but look at all the towny stuff he/she's done so far!" Up until then, I've been getting the general vibe that he thinks Gamma's been NAI or a weak townread. This makes it look like Ircher's defending Gamma for the sake of defending Gamma, not because he's convinced Gamma's town.
In post 161, Ircher wrote:
In post 103, Ircher wrote:
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:What? Did the use of the word "ugly" become a scumtell?
In post 42, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 40, -Grey- wrote:
In post 39, Gamma Emerald wrote:What? Did the use of the word "ugly" become a scumtell?
See? His guilty scum mind confesses in his confusion!

Surprised by my quick deduction that he is scum, he questions how I caught him.
No, that's no slip. I'm asking if "ugly" is said more by town than scum.
BTW people need to post here FAST.
I liked these two posts. Grey stated his responses were humor, but I disagree - he would've stopped with his first response if it was simply humor. Continuing to call it scum posts makes people believe it is serious.

Gamma's reactions were fine -- he is questioning Grey's reads because there dies not appear to be evidence supporting them.
Town posts from Gamma.
In post 166, Asphodel wrote:Give me something more than that. This is just him defending himself against Grey's accusations.
In post 167, Ircher wrote:Tell me why that isn't valid. In the end, most posts will end up as null cuz thats just how things work out.
In post 168, Ircher wrote:Gamma is scumhunting, formulating reads on non-bogus reasons (aka I can see reasons for why he feels the way he does) and is cooperating for the most part with everyone else by elaborating when asked and questioning things he does not understand.
In post 177, Asphodel wrote:The posts you linked are null and you used them against a scumread you thought was legitimate, or not totally baseless, or whatever. I understand giving things more weight at the start of D1 than you would otherwise, but I just don't see how these posts ever were anything but null.

I'd be fine with that if you're trying it to force RVS-ish reads, but it crossed the line into suspicious at 112 where you're saying that the scumread's legitimate but saying you feel your townread trumps it.
I really don't like this progression from Asphodel here. Asphodel accuses Ircher of faking a town read on Gamma, Ircher provides evidence that he was indeed townreading Gamma, and then Asphodel backs into a weird stance of "oh well in that case you shouldn't have been townreading him" that doesn't really follow from his original position. It reads like Asphodel is trying to force a scumread more than he's trying to gamesolve. In particular, this quote from Asphodel's 177 bothers me:
Asphodel wrote:a scumread you thought was legitimate, or not totally baseless, or whatever.
If town-Asphodel is genuinely scumreading Ircher, I don't think he would write off Ircher's position as "or whatever" like that. Townies don't tend to be that apathetic towards their scumreads' positions. Townies need to know what their scumreads' positions are, it's the whole reason they're scumreading them!

But if Asphodel is scum, it makes a lot more sense for him to not care what Ircher's position is here. For scum-Asphodel, the important thing is to make Ircher look bad, and dismissing his read on Gamma as "or whatever" does a much better job of that.

And when I combine that with Asphodel's weird backoff above, I really, really don't get the impression that Asphodel is genuinely trying to sort Ircher here.

VOTE: Asphodel
dear princess celestia, sometimes it can be hard for a shy pony like me to stand up for myself, and when i first tried it, i didn't like the pony i became. but i've learned that standing up for yourself isn't the same as changing who you are. now i know how to put my hoof down without being unpleasant or mean
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:47 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

In post 193, -Grey- wrote:
Ircher isn't bad. That's why I think he's scum.

He has plenty of experience to know that there is no scum motive in my posts. He's just pushing a superficial read to look town.
I love playing devils advocate, if Ircher is as experienced as he says he is, would it make sense that he would be able to, as scum, come up with a "scum read" on a player instead of just singling you out?

Remember to fight an argument and the rebuttal of what your argument would be before your opponent has the chance to
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Ircher »

In post 189, Asphodel wrote:Ircher: Human Sequencer is town. Thoughts?
It's a possibility. I'm backing away from my earlier shallow scumread there.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:49 am

Post by -Grey- »

I like 195 and am willing to lend it my vote.

VOTE: Asphodel
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:51 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 196, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:if Ircher is as experienced as he says he is
Ircher's experience is verifiable. Rephrase.
---

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”