Mini Normal 1862 - Town win.

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #750  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:50 pm

Iz okay Gamma, we learn all of the newthings everyday.

Flubber what do you think of the Grey wagon? Do you like it? Do you not? Do you wanna hop on it?

krylea
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2014
Pronoun: She

Post Post #751  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:56 pm

In post 748, -Grey- wrote:Since Gamma claimed Ascetic Enabler, any "no results" results should be insta-lynched because the ascetic(s) is/are scum hiding behind the role.

I'm happy returning to my previous vote.

VOTE: Naomi


I don't like this. There are tons of other roles that could lead to no-results. This could just give scum easy mislynches. This + your "scumslip" thing earlier really make it seem like you are out for excuses to push lynches.

At this point I think I am convinced enough to drop the Asphodel thing for the moment - though I'd like to revisit it later.

VOTE: Grey

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #752  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:59 pm

In post 751, krylea wrote:I don't like this. There are tons of other roles that could lead to no-results.


I don't for a second buy an ascetic enabler + roleblocker/rolestopper in this game.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #753  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 pm

Now that I think about it, Grey's origonal vote on me seemed very forced.

TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #754  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:01 pm

In post 752, -Grey- wrote:
In post 751, krylea wrote:I don't like this. There are tons of other roles that could lead to no-results.


I don't for a second buy an ascetic enabler + roleblocker/rolestopper in this game.

Unless I misread your post. You are saying any ascetics are scum.

Town enabler suggests at least one town ascetics (obviously could be a red herring and we have none at all).

To say a no result = scum is not town thinking.

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #755  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:02 pm

In post 753, Alisae wrote:Now that I think about it, Grey's origonal vote on me seemed very forced.


Nah. 303 was goodposting.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #756  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:04 pm

In post 754, TwoFace wrote:
In post 752, -Grey- wrote:
In post 751, krylea wrote:I don't like this. There are tons of other roles that could lead to no-results.


I don't for a second buy an ascetic enabler + roleblocker/rolestopper in this game.

Unless I misread your post. You are saying any ascetics are scum.

Town enabler suggests at least one town ascetics (obviously could be a red herring and we have none at all).

To say a no result = scum is not town thinking.


You're tunneled homie.

I'm saying town has a NU role that strengthens scum because any town ascetics would have claimed by now.

Scum is hiding behind their camouflage and will claim there's a roleblocker if someone gets a no result like krylea is already posturing for.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #757  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:06 pm

In post 756, -Grey- wrote:I'm saying town has a NU role that strengthens scum because any town ascetics would have claimed by now.

No pr is claiming day 1. Ascetic or not. Well no smart one anyway

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #758  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:06 pm

In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.
Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up (14/4+) is on hold until further notice. Come slay monsters. How high of a level can you reach?
SIR Disease Mafia is finished.
Mini Normal 2139 is finished.

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #759  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 pm

In post 757, TwoFace wrote:
In post 756, -Grey- wrote:I'm saying town has a NU role that strengthens scum because any town ascetics would have claimed by now.

No pr is claiming day 1. Ascetic or not. Well no smart one anyway


Negative utility always claims straight out the gate. You should be experienced enough to know that.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #760  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:07 pm

In post 735, Alisae wrote:
In post 733, XnadrojX wrote:Not Voting 4 (Ircher, TheRealGin-N-Tonic, Rainbowdash)
Vote some nerds when ywall get the chance please, otherwise it looks bad cause to me this reads to me as ywall have no strong scumreads.

This game is crazy. You're right -- I need to do some reevalyations.
Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up (14/4+) is on hold until further notice. Come slay monsters. How high of a level can you reach?
SIR Disease Mafia is finished.
Mini Normal 2139 is finished.

TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #761  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:08 pm

In post 759, -Grey- wrote:
In post 757, TwoFace wrote:
In post 756, -Grey- wrote:I'm saying town has a NU role that strengthens scum because any town ascetics would have claimed by now.

No pr is claiming day 1. Ascetic or not. Well no smart one anyway


Negative utility always claims straight out the gate. You should be experienced enough to know that.

In post 678, TwoFace wrote:I've never heard of that being proper play and I've had the ascetic modifier a couple of times.

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #762  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:10 pm

In post 758, Ircher wrote:
In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.
Whats your point here?

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #763  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:13 pm

In post 752, -Grey- wrote:
In post 751, krylea wrote:I don't like this. There are tons of other roles that could lead to no-results.


I don't for a second buy an ascetic enabler + roleblocker/rolestopper in this game.

Hrm....
Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up (14/4+) is on hold until further notice. Come slay monsters. How high of a level can you reach?
SIR Disease Mafia is finished.
Mini Normal 2139 is finished.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #764  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:13 pm

In post 758, Ircher wrote:
In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.

Are you in cahoots with Skold?
“Accept despair!”

Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: July 18, 2011
Location: Cloudsdale, Equestria
Pronoun: She

Post Post #765  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:14 pm

In post 745, TwoFace wrote:If somebody said "scum probably have day talk" would that be a slip?


I would be far more concerned about that one. We speak in declaratives quite a bit, such as "Grey is scum".

In post 747, Flubbernugget wrote:What do you think about Ircher saying that being pr confirmed ascetic with no claim is an auto lynch?


That bothers me a little, but I still have a fairly solid town read on him. However

In post 748, -Grey- wrote:Since Gamma claimed Ascetic Enabler, any "no results" results should be insta-lynched because the ascetic(s) is/are scum hiding behind the role.


Grey is still pushing it without addressing my post about why this logic is bad and my case on him. Can we really lynch him at this point?

-Grey- wrote:Negative utility always claims straight out the gate. You should be experienced enough to know that.


No they don't. The only role that I can see as the justifiable D1 claim out the gate is PGO, otherwise you help scum. Plus Ascetic is not necessarily negative utility. You will learn that with experience.
You don't earn loyalty in a day. You earn it day by day

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #766  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:14 pm

In post 762, Alisae wrote:
In post 758, Ircher wrote:
In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.
Whats your point here?

It's a pretty much useless "tell".
Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up (14/4+) is on hold until further notice. Come slay monsters. How high of a level can you reach?
SIR Disease Mafia is finished.
Mini Normal 2139 is finished.

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #767  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:15 pm

In post 764, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 758, Ircher wrote:
In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.

Are you in cahoots with Skold?


What's your opinion of my theory that any ascetics are scum?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #768  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:16 pm

In post 766, Ircher wrote:
In post 762, Alisae wrote:
In post 758, Ircher wrote:
In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.
Whats your point here?

It's a pretty much useless "tell".
Can you prove that it's wrong?

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #769  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:16 pm

In post 768, Alisae wrote:
In post 766, Ircher wrote:
In post 762, Alisae wrote:
In post 758, Ircher wrote:
In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.
Whats your point here?

It's a pretty much useless "tell".
Can you prove that it's wrong?


The onus is on you to prove that it's right.

Which you can't.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 01, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #770  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:18 pm

Ascetic isn't listed as a negative utility role but enabler is. That's weird.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #771  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:18 pm

In post 765, Rainbowdash wrote:
In post 745, TwoFace wrote:If somebody said "scum probably have day talk" would that be a slip?


I would be far more concerned about that one. We speak in declaratives quite a bit, such as "Grey is scum".

In post 747, Flubbernugget wrote:What do you think about Ircher saying that being pr confirmed ascetic with no claim is an auto lynch?


That bothers me a little, but I still have a fairly solid town read on him. However

In post 748, -Grey- wrote:Since Gamma claimed Ascetic Enabler, any "no results" results should be insta-lynched because the ascetic(s) is/are scum hiding behind the role.


Grey is still pushing it without addressing my post about why this logic is bad and my case on him. Can we really lynch him at this point?

-Grey- wrote:Negative utility always claims straight out the gate. You should be experienced enough to know that.


No they don't. The only role that I can see as the justifiable D1 claim out the gate is PGO, otherwise you help scum. Plus Ascetic is not necessarily negative utility. You will learn that with experience.

Miller
“Accept despair!”

Alisae
lolbalance
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2016
Location: Cali~ (PST)
Pronoun: E (e/em/eir/eirs/emself)

Post Post #772  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:18 pm

I will ALWAYS make the point that pushing on fake slips is a scumtell, in every single game I ever play. Because it's been a very reliable tell for me. I'll let you in on a couple of my other tricks as well; being "excited" about the game when the general mood is depressed or uninterested to the point of wanting to abandon is a scumtell. Claiming an investigative PR and making a lot of content about who you're going to check the following night (especially framing it as an fos ie "For that I'm going to check YOU tonight") is a scumtell. Jumping on people for too quickly commenting on a nightkill is a scumtell. These are all things I will pretty much always points out when they happen, regardless of my alignment.

Scum love having a "justified" vote. Instinctively, they look for a vote where they can lean back on a "factual" basis. A "slip" is a perfect example. When you push on a slip, you're no longer making your own read, you're just saying A therefore B. There is no read, you're presenting it as a fact. And when the person you push flips town, you don't have to defend your "read" being wrong, you can just use that justification you built as a scape-goat. It's what scum subconsciously do ALL THE TIME. Yes, sometimes town will mistakenly think they've found a scumslip. Players like Mathblade are notorious for that kind of play. But as a general rule it's a scum tactic.


^ Something a player that I respect once told me.

Ircher
What A Grand Idea
 
User avatar
Joined: November 09, 2015
Location: EST/EDT
Pronoun: He

Post Post #773  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:19 pm

In post 768, Alisae wrote:
In post 766, Ircher wrote:
In post 762, Alisae wrote:
In post 758, Ircher wrote:
In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.
Whats your point here?

It's a pretty much useless "tell".
Can you prove that it's wrong?

Bad assumption.

Mafia have the info advantage and are actually (imo - not necessarily statistically proven) less likely to make aforementioned slips than a player that was town. The mafia care about their image cuz getting lynched is the last thing they want. Town cares much less, especially if vanilla.
Check out my Player Ratings page!
Level Up (14/4+) is on hold until further notice. Come slay monsters. How high of a level can you reach?
SIR Disease Mafia is finished.
Mini Normal 2139 is finished.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #774  (ISO)  » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:19 pm

In post 767, -Grey- wrote:
In post 764, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 758, Ircher wrote:
In post 727, Alisae wrote:I think I need to explain how Grey fucked up.

He called Naomi's thing a "Slip." but was that a slip? No, it wasn't.
Scum like to push slips. They like to have a justified vote.
So thats why my tell on Grey works.

That tell works just about as well as all the other scumtells.

Are you in cahoots with Skold?


What's your opinion of my theory that any ascetics are scum?

It's terrible. There's likely ascetics in both alignments.
“Accept despair!”

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games