Asphodel
Asphodel
Goon
Asphodel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:48 am

Post by Asphodel »

I'm sorry, I tried. I've been up for hours writing a post. I was going to vote Naomi right now. I had a great post typed out and everything tearing into her Gin-Gamma suspicion, talking about other players' reactions to her "scumslip", and everything. Then everything slowly started coming apart at the seams with that suspicion. The Gin-Gamma suspicion she had didn't look nearly as scummy as it did on first glance. I also stumbled upon another post that I found pretty significant.
In post 584, Naomi-Tan wrote:Okay guys so... I was doing a thought experiment over a snack break. Given there are 13 players and 3 of them are red and there is no declared day talk. I'm guessing we have 4 green Pr's and 2 Red Pr's :3

Im not looking for anyone to claim. but I will see if things match upto this later :3 I wanna become better at predicting the setups.
This is not a scum post.

So I've still got a vote on Ircher. I do think there have been a lot of things he's done that look pretty scummy, but my suspicion of him has been mitigated by
In post 676, Ircher wrote:Also:

Ascetic should claim now. Failure to do so is an auto-lynch in the future should you be proven to be an ascetic.
which I feel is a risky post coming from scum.

So I'll vote VOTE: Flubbernugget who I've actually liked more the more I've seen from him, but whose original vote on the me wagon along with his strange intro make me suspicious.

I'll give this suspicion list post another try tomorrow night because I think they really help me sort my thoughts out. I've been having trouble getting people sorted this game. Hopefully the townreads I got today will help with that.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:51 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

As to whether I buy the Gamma claim, that's another question entirely.
I think I do. I'm unsure.

@Asphodel
I'm looking forward to that readslist.
nah
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:07 am

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

HS, you're still avoiding the question at hand, why are you completely okay with lynching me? What are your reasons for me being scummy?

I don't care what you think I am when it comes to behaviour, I only care about what you think I've done that's been scummy and the scum motives behind it.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:13 am

Human wrote:Not as sure on scumGin anymore, now that I've realized just how new he is.
You just told me to stop avoiding the question, which was a subtle way to avoid my question. If you would read my post, you'll see my scumread on you has somewhat disintegrated.

You also claimed that you don't care what I think you are, and then went on to say that you only care about what I think on your actions. That's a semantic argument that doesn't really hold up.

Are you an alt? Do you have game history with any of the other players in this game?
nah
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:16 am

You said I was scummy when making that post, regardless of finding me new, you still held those thoughts. What. the fuck. were those thoughts? I don't believe for a second you had actual reasons but feeling the waters out to see what you can get away with.

I'm not answering any of your other questions until you actually fucking tell me what I did that you found scummy. REGARDLESS, of being new.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:18 am

Read post again and I think you'll ascertain a better understanding of why I scumread you to begin with. My thoughts, read and actions are clearly laid out in that post.

Are you an alt? Do you have game history with any of the other players in this game?
nah
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:23 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 849, Human Sequencer wrote:Ascetic really doesn't seem that powerful for scum tbh.
You don't think being untargetable by all town power roles except vig is a boon to scum?

Alrighty then.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:27 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 851, Human Sequencer wrote:As to whether I buy the Gamma claim, that's another question entirely.
I think I do. I'm unsure.
Considering he not only suggested his own lynch to neutralize ascetic, but also self-voted which could have turned into a policy lynch in itself, I buy the claim.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:30 am

It's absolutely a boon for scum, from my perspective. I'm just not entirely sure it's worth a mislynch on conftown to deny that from them.

Don't forget that if everybody claims non-ascetic, we can effectively use any night action as a cop investigation if your logic used in is legitimate. In that case, surely all scum having ascetic would be a benefit to town rather than a benefit to scum? Working under that logic, every single night action is a straight upgrade from what it used to do except Vig, which remains the same. Doc now protects town and investigates scum. Tracker is now a cop. Etc. With this in mind, surely there's no way you actually think what you're pushing in ? Did you simply miss that detail?

Unless you didn't actually believe what you said in when you posted it, or have since changed your mind? I know I don't 100% buy into that logic without some more proof or reasoning.
nah
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:31 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 858, Human Sequencer wrote:It's absolutely a boon for scum, from my perspective. I'm just not entirely sure it's worth a mislynch on conftown to deny that from them.
Of course it isn't, which is why I put the brakes on Gamma's suicide wagon if you recall.
---
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:34 am

I would appreciate it if you addressed the rest of my post.

I don't see how you could believe what you said in both and post , and I'm starting to think maybe your wagon isn't so stupid as it initially seemed.

Unless there's a reason for the dissonance I've just missed? If you're town, a simple explanation of your mindset would easily clear up any misunderstanding I may have.
nah
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:36 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 860, Human Sequencer wrote:I would appreciate it if you addressed the rest of my post.
The rest of your post is stupid. I asked that question because I was trying to figure out why you thought ascetic was of no value to scum.

I give a rat's ass what you think of the wagon I had on me.
---
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:46 am

In post 855, Human Sequencer wrote:Read post again and I think you'll ascertain a better understanding of why I scumread you to begin with. My thoughts, read and actions are clearly laid out in that post.

Twas a scum read because I didn't get pissed off...

Okay realize the way my emotions work, is that when I'm away from game, I get a crazy theory that pops in my head and I'll straight away post it making my posting sporadic. The most amount of time, I'm reading and once a player sticks out of the normal swing of the game, I'll think to myself, lets analyze this player(an example would be deducing the reasons Grey voted for the people he did) and see what I come up with, if I'm at a road block with it, I'll ask questions until my theory is either destroyed or found more solid ground. When it comes to anger, I'd have to say that happnes only when something is blatantly obvious and intuitive and no one or one person doesn't get it; or hits one of my pet peeves like that cheery picking an argument shit.

Basically to sum that all up for tl;dr. My emotions have hella mood swings and they're NAI.

To answer your question, the only alt I have is a hydra and played one game in it, linking it below. Also because I like to brag, our whole scum team was nommed for the Don Corleone for our performance. http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=69088

When reading the hungergames, I'm "Blawb" and end all things with /Gin. I eventually take over Blawb completely as my teammates flaked so D2, every post is me and only me. I don't doubt this is gonna throw out some suspicion on me but I'm curious to see who is going to use past experience as a basis for argument to lynch a player over actually analyzing the game at play.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:50 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 862, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:(an example would be deducing the reasons Grey voted for the people he did)
Down that path lies madness. On the other hand, the road to Hell is paved with melting snowballs.
---
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:39 am

Post by TwoFace »

grey was basically sheeping when he voted, at least his early on votes. the better question is why is he sheeping if he has an issue with people sheeping
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think I have my head out of my ass now. I think optimal play is to leave me alive, AND NO ASCETIC CLAIMS.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:53 am

Post by TwoFace »

congratulations

now can we lynch naomi?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

No, Naomi is town.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

The reason I am 180ing is because I have a plan for seeing if Grey is really a cop.
<Embrace The Void>

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:09 am

Post by TwoFace »

In post 867, Gamma Emerald wrote:No, Naomi is town.
why?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 869, TwoFace wrote:
In post 867, Gamma Emerald wrote:No, Naomi is town.
why?
I still feel at least one scum jumped on that wagon for the supposed slip. Still think it is Grey but for now I'd rather hunt somewhere else.
<Embrace The Void>

TwoFace
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
TwoFace
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:25 am

Post by TwoFace »

what about ircher?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Possibly, but I saw some genuine questioning there so I'm not sure.
<Embrace The Void>

krylea
krylea
Goon
krylea
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:36 am

Post by krylea »

It should be either Gin or Asphodel today. Gin might just be a playstyle thing, whereas with Asphodel there is more substance. Therefore,

VOTE: Asphodel
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:47 am

In post 46, Asphodel wrote: Self-meta-ing a little bit from my games on the other site,
I very rarely, if ever try to push for my partners to be lynched as scum.
That's for a few reasons. It was a pretty tight-knit group over there, and there was no cardflip in many of the games. Like, over a span of 20 or so scum games, I remember the single time I voted for a scum partner, and even that doesn't really count because my partner made a really terrible counterclaim. That's not to say I never scumread my partners, I just avoided seriously putting my vote on them because 48 hours is not a very long time.
A red flip will be V interesting. I'm confused as to why, as town, you'd be saying that or really anything regarding how you play as red?

I like the conclusion that because there is no day chat, this is his form of telling his partners he won't be pushing them if they get sus.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”