The Elder Scrolls Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

The Elder Scrolls Thread

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:03 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

No Skyrim thread?!?

Just started playing again with remastered version. Beautiful! I'm a Breton Conjuration mage. Just hit level 40 with my highest skills being conjuration and enchantment in the low 90s.

Tell me all about your characters!
Last edited by EspeciallyTheLies on Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Art is cool.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:56 am

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Lvl 37, two handed master (80) speech and pickpocket 100, smithing, lockpick, enchanting, alchemy at 60. Took a break now but enjoyed it a lot again
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:56 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I usually played a Dunmer Shadowblade (high illusion, sneak, 1H, and archery), but now I've moved over to a Bosmer archer. I've already legendaried 3 of my skills, and let me tell you. After you've legendaried sneaking, it's a pain to get it back up.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:28 am

I just started the dragonborn dlc. I didn't have it before. It's pretty spectacular. I love being able to respec perks!
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:29 am

In post 2, DiamondSentinel wrote:I usually played a Dunmer Shadowblade (high illusion, sneak, 1H, and archery), but now I've moved over to a Bosmer archer. I've already legendaried 3 of my skills, and let me tell you. After you've legendaried sneaking, it's a pain to get it back up.
It doesn't level the same way as before? I was waiting to legendary anything cuz I was pretty indecisive about it, and then remastered came out and I had to start all over.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:20 am

I'm currently working on restoring the thieves guild quest (not the main questline for them, but the one where you do all the side jobs and get the merchants and stuff). I only have Whiterun and Riften left to complete. Basically, I'm at a point now where my enchanted items are so high value that the merchants don't have enough gold to make my selling trips not annoying.

I think my speech is only level 50, so I have those perks up to that point, the one where you get better prices from the opposite gender and then the one after where you can sell anything to anyone. That's helped a lot. I'm trying to get that 100,000 gold achievement, and so far I'm doing pretty well.

When I finish a cave or barrow or something, I enchant anything I have (bound bow has soul trap and I buy every empty soul gem I come across) and then go sell it. I make an average of 6000 to 8000 gold each time so far out of each trip, and I'm about halfway there.

Funny thing, I've never actually completed the Dark Brotherhood. I've always started it but never got far. I think I have a fundamental issue with some of the targets, especially Narfi in Ivarstead. It's also not the same as it was in Oblivion - it's more "lawless" and isn't really governed by some underlying sense of honor or something, I dunno lol... I just really want Shadowmere but... with Dawnguard I think I'm gonna go with that horse you can summon instead, and once again not finish the DB questline :lol:
Art is cool.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Is there a point to legendary skills?
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:35 am

In post 6, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Is there a point to legendary skills?
It basically removes the level cap, so you can continue to level up and earn perk points to use in other trees. you get all the points. back too which is quite useful, especially if you want to try something different with the same character.
Art is cool.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Ah, makes sense. I just hate giving up my skills aside from pickpocket.

Meanehile, I built my own house but now theres a fat dragon corpse on the front door. Any way to change that?

Also, I stocked up on pots so much that once a dragon came, I got my archery up 10 lvls just by shooting and chugging pots
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by McMenno »

skyrim is pretty fun I have some vanilla characters and some modded ones

mostly with just perkus maximus
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I have a Breton Mage and a LVL 40 Nord with an axe. I haven't even finished the game mostly b/c I didn't buy it until way after it came out and its huge and I'm lazy
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:37 am

In post 8, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:Ah, makes sense. I just hate giving up my skills aside from pickpocket.

Meanehile, I built my own house but now theres a fat dragon corpse on the front door. Any way to change that?

Also, I stocked up on pots so much that once a dragon came, I got my archery up 10 lvls just by shooting and chugging pots
:lol: i'm an ingredient hoarder myself lol

for the dragon carcass issue, just stay away from your house for 48 in-game hours or 10 in-game days. The cells reset every 2 days but like the apeary, chicken coop and stuff respawn after 10, so it's one or the other to disappear the bones.
In post 9, McMenno wrote:skyrim is pretty fun I have some vanilla characters and some modded ones

mostly with just perkus maximus
i'm conflicted on using mods, mostly because even with nearly 1000 hours into this game, i don't think i've completed half of it lol... what does that mod do?
In post 10, Nero Cain wrote:I have a Breton Mage and a LVL 40 Nord with an axe. I haven't even finished the game mostly b/c I didn't buy it until way after it came out and its huge and I'm lazy
i love playing breton. it's a really well rounded race overall, but apparently most people don't choose it? i've been listening to a skyrim addict podcast and all the people were like "what's the breton even do?" i've only finished the main quest line once on my first character back with 360 and then after that i basically just did different things, lots of rp with different backstories lol..

on a side note, argis the bulwark is my husband and he's probably the best follower i have ever used. i don't know if he can even die and he's strong as fk. lots of fun adventuring with him! got him currently decked out in carved nordic stuff while i raise my smithing. i'm totally mage but i've now completed the conjuration master spell ritual and now i'm going to transition from full mage to battle mage. i'm going up the heavy armor side so i can smith up some awesome stuff for hubby :]

and today/yesterday i've spent about 4 hours getting frustrated trying to beat miraak, that fucker. he keeps taking down the dragon i'm riding and it's pissing me off.
Art is cool.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

A high elfin oblivion who only uses illusion magic. She managed to beat the Dark Brotherhood without killing anyone directly.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:53 am

In post 12, Annadog40 wrote:A high elfin oblivion who only uses illusion magic. She managed to beat the Dark Brotherhood without killing anyone directly.
ooo frenzy spells?
Art is cool.
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Annadog40 »

I like the mind control spells. That is how I managed to get a murder to join despite not directly killing anyone.

I beat the fighters guild, dark brotherhood and theifs guild.
This is my life now

Once you have 100 posts, click here to go to the page to join the speakeasy group.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I've used Breton for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim obv. I had other toons but I too like playing Breton.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Annadog40 »

I like Argonian
This is my life now

Hanasawa
Hanasawa
Goon
Hanasawa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Post by Hanasawa »

Did someone say Bretons? Here's my character in Skyrim. A Mage Tank.

"It hurts to have control over anything. I'd rather be a leaf in the wind."
Call me Lily instead. Avatar is Bellossom from Pokemon! drawn by Ether.
Espeonage (08:39) - lily is happy = everything is good with the world
Annadog40
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Annadog40
Owl of the Night Chat
Owl of the Night Chat

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:57 am

Post by Annadog40 »

Generally, I prefer sword combat than magic, it took me years to figure this out.
This is my life now

EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:35 am

oh my goodness her face looks nice in that pic. i should probably take a look at some of the graphic mods that are available now for xbox one.

i really liked the dark brotherhood in oblivion, and the fighter's guild. i miss that game lol... i much prefer the way skills level in skyrim but oblivion had such good stories!
Art is cool.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:12 am

Post by CooLDoG »

I got morrowind and playing through it for the first time. Initial impressions are that the game is better than skyrim, which I disliked for many reasons... Currently a Breton specializing in alteration and destruction with long a long blade. Leveling strength and agility first so my attacks have some umph. Need to buy some new spells though.
after a wank.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:44 pm

i never got a chance to get through morrowind. dry car.
Art is cool.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:45 pm

very far* :lol: it was hard to play on my old tv and now i can't find it. plus we switched to xbox one so i dunno. i really really wanna play it all the way through. it i don't have much time these days with school and work so i'm waiting for summer before buying it again.
Art is cool.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Do you have Steam?

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 am

Post by Porochaz »

I've been playing skyrim a lot recently for the first time. I started on my laptop but got bored after having to find a necklace in a river for a long time but got the remastered one on my desktop amd it's playing slightly nicer now.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.

Return to “The Arcade”