Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3975 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3912, Vecna wrote:Also, I really dont see why anyone thinks ^ mr LUV up here is scum, these types of posts appear super genuine to me and he has been for a while.
I actually scumread you and him together based on this post. When I get time will explain why both posts are ugly.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3976 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3970, Fishythefish wrote:Yeah, we claim. There are around 5 very likely townies around for card based reasons, scum can already shoot, stealth and royalty vig dead well.

I don't think that's a good idea
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3977 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Right - well we're not following mathblade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3978 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3921, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I think Dunn should revive one of the Doctor cards and one Jailkeeper cards for versatility and of course give them to people he absolutely trusts.
In post 3922, Dunnstral wrote:I can only revive 1 card btw

There may be a 2nd card revive
We should quit trying to direct you and see what card you revive and what happens and why.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3979 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3976, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 3970, Fishythefish wrote:Yeah, we claim. There are around 5 very likely townies around for card based reasons, scum can already shoot, stealth and royalty vig dead well.

Pants are awesome. No reason for streaking.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3980 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3936, Vecna wrote:There are a lot of good uses of the card revives, but please please please: Do not state in public which one youre going to choose. Do not give scum the information.

Good options I can see:

Card revive the 2 different cop cards to two different people
Card revive harmfull-for-scum trump cards both to fishy and trancend
Card revive protective abilities such as the jack of spades to hard townreads.
Card revive a neighbourhood card to me so I can get into a smaller talking environment with Giga ^^
I hate this post.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3981 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3949, Vecna wrote:What use is that post if youre only doing it off the top of your head? Make it factual or gtfo
Some people play by gut. Reminds me of a player on DLP. Annoying and frustrating but Mafia is a game of scumhunting. If you don't like the content of their reads attack that. This just makes me think I need to dig into that post more.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3982 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:24 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3956, -Grey- wrote:
In post 3917, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:menno's neighborhood posts have been kind of sketchy but
i guess it's town to pick cards to be in neighborhoods
...?
Why wouldn't Scum want to infiltrate hoods?
I like you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3983 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3959, Kison wrote:
In post 3949, Vecna wrote:What use is that post if youre only doing it off the top of your head? Make it factual or gtfo
This kind of attack is pathetic and dismisses everything in my post because a few things like vote switches are from memory, despite plenty other being obviously backed factually like vote counts. In the process you ignore the very reasonable suggestion that scum are likely on Maria's D3 wagon, and more likely to have been among the people
not
voting her against the Jackel wagon.

This line of thought seems to trouble you, otherwise I'd expect a less pathetic response to it.
Well said. You get a like from me as well.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3984 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3961, -Grey- wrote:
In post 3960, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 3860, -Grey- wrote:I vigged Titus last night because of the way she defended Maria, who wound up flipping scum.

I fully expected she'd also flip scum, because Titus supports her scum buddies.
This is fucking terrible.
Yeah, my buddies said the same in the Scum PT but I was like, nah! I can sell it!
Titus rarely busses. When I was trying to catch up in the intro I thought she was scum. Then that division in flip made me want to question her today. I probably would have vigged her if I could.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3985 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3971, TheWayItEnds wrote:
In post 3860, -Grey- wrote:I vigged Titus last night because of the way she defended Maria, who wound up flipping scum.

Yeah, my buddies said the same in the Scum PT but I was like, nah! I can sell it!
Maybe your reputation is so be real stupid and you're playing to it.
This post adds nothing but an insult. It is clear you disagree but unless you say why it is just demoralization or empty attack. No likey you.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #3986 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3977, Dunnstral wrote:Right - well we're not following mathblade
.....I haven't explained why yet. Makes sense you don't follow but this is empty.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3987 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

MB, I was just trying to help. I've paid very little attention to the setup because I didn't expect it to play such a big factor in the game and it always confuses me every time I try to think in depth about it. Lately I've been feeling like my lack of comments about the setup are hurting more than helping.

Could you talk to me a bit more about your Vecna read? I'll admit, I'm finding he seems more comfortable than everyone else at this stage of the game and that is starting to worry me. I'm not sure if its just because of his personality though.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3988 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In post 3968, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:my phone's at 1% so i'll get back to you guys tomorrow

spyrex is still my lynch of choice for today, uzi is likely town tbh and i'll go into that read in-depth
This is fine but wrong bit today is not the day fyi
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3989 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:03 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And that shot was town all the way through fyi
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3990 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Yo dunn and grey are both scum lol

VOTE: Dunn
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3991 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 3982, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3956, -Grey- wrote:
In post 3917, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:menno's neighborhood posts have been kind of sketchy but
i guess it's town to pick cards to be in neighborhoods
...?
Why wouldn't Scum want to infiltrate hoods?
I like you.
You sound like your sister.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3992 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Right, I think I've decided what to revive
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3993 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3862, McMenno wrote:know what time it is

indeed

VOTE: dunnstral
In post 3867, McMenno wrote:I think grey and dunnstral are scum together
In post 3990, gerryoat wrote:Yo dunn and grey are both scum lol

VOTE: Dunn
Get off me before I make a scene
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3994 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

What is todays trump card? I am still trying to understand this setup.

Will the trump card have effect on player power roles?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
TheWayItEnds
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
TheWayItEnds
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3995 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by TheWayItEnds »

In post 3985, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3971, TheWayItEnds wrote:

Maybe your reputation is so be real stupid and you're playing to it.
This post adds nothing but an insult. It is clear you disagree but unless you say why it is just demoralization or empty attack. No likey you.
Oh the implied statement is that titus was obvtown as fuck.

The insult was as explicit as was intended.
As the last rays of sunlight fade, one killer chases another through the tangled madness of the city.
A flash of steel announces the presence of his quarry.
The stage is set.
The night explodes.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3996 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:50 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3994, ArcAngel9 wrote:What is todays trump card? I am still trying to understand this setup.

Will the trump card have effect on player power roles?
Yeah it does
7 powers and spade powers are in effect. For instance, I can use the card revive power today, and the spades neighborhood opens up if you have that card

Note that the powers on the bottom represent spades/hearts etc, while the ones on the top represent the number
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3997 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:18 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 3976, Dunnstral wrote:

Why? I think massclaim will make us lynch significantly better, and not make the scum shoot significantly better.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3998 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:51 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Adding to giga's list:

Claims

• Vedith (now Mathblade) claimed to have the Jack of Clubs, 8 of Spades, and 2 of Spades at L-1.

• Transcend claimed to rig the deck with the Ace of Clubs, meaning he has the Ace of Clubs and Jack of Spades. He also claimed to be a member of the Clubs Neighborhood (which I can verify), so he has the 8, 9, or 10 of clubs.

• Transcend is presumably the innocent result of rb's sole investigation. Look through rb's ISO and voice any disagreement you have though.

• gigabyteTrouabdour claimed to have the 2 of hearts (Innocent Child) and 3 of clubs. McMenno claimed to be neighbors with them in the Clubs Neighborhood, which they verified. This means their remaining card is an 8, 9, or 10 of clubs.

• Vecna claimed fruit vendor and vended fruit to Gerry, which has been verified by Gerry.

• McMenno claimed to be a member of the Clubs Neighborhood, and so has an 8, 9, or 10 of clubs.

• The deck started out with 13 diamond cards, so 13 diamond cards are in the hands of players and 13 are in the deck (now 12). (This is the result of giga's N2 inventory)

• I've claimed Beta Deck Rigger, and successfully rigged the Jack of Spades for N1 and the Two of Clubs for D3, leaving the 4 of Clubs as my only remaining card. Editorialising, the Two of Clubs is obviously protown, and these cards would have been much less good for the town in the other order (Two at night, Jack at day), so I'm town.

• We massclaimed whether we missed out on any draft cards, because two people above us took them. Titus, MOI/Arcangel/Drone missed the Jack of Clubs. dreamer missed the King of Diamonds. Vifam/TWIE missed the 8 of Spades. McMenno missed the 7 of hearts.

• Jackel was a town vengeful when we lynched him, but no-one died. Explanations are a no-shot, a shot at a BP (Vedith/giga), a shot at a randomly-protected target or a shot at a scum-protected target which they thought would likely be vigged/venged. Some (including me) think the last is very likely, and that the target was most likely Maria.

• Grey has the King of Diamonds, 8 of Hearts and 10 of Hearts

• On day 2, scum shot one of the top 5 people in the draft. They knew 2 of rb/Jackel/Vedith/kraska were BP. If Vedith is town, that means they took a 50% chance of a failed shot, or used a strongman. If Vedith is scum, the chance was 33%. So the strongman is probscum, more so if Vedith is town.
This gives the following reads, going on cards alone:
- Transcend, town. Cleared by a cop.
- giga, town. Took a town card (suicide, innocent child).
- Grey, town. Took a town card (loverise, LoL).
- dreamer, town. Attempted to take a town card (loverise, LoL).
- [IMO, to others - Fishy, town]
- Vedith, mild scum. His cards make him unlynchable on days with Spades or Jacks as trumps. His 8/2 of spades are a pretty dangerous combo that hurts town more than scum.
- 2 of diamonds which saved giga - mild town. Scum likely would have kept this under wraps.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #3999 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:55 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3998, Fishythefish wrote:McMenno missed the 7 of hearts.
ha

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”