Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:56 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

hey friend what do you think of my sik claim
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 3998, Fishythefish wrote:- 2 of diamonds which saved giga - mild town. Scum likely would have kept this under wraps.
Do you have suspicion that scum could ave this card and saved giga to garner towncred?

Btw, you could have totally killed an IC.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

mcmenno also claimed to be in diamonds neighborhood
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Your claim was fine; means you'll revive in a pro town way, which is townish.

Yeah, I think the two of diamonds isn't an implausible scum-garnering-towncred card. Failure to save giga would have been claiming scum. Scum don't have safeclaims, so that would have been a tricky decision.

Yep, I could have killed an ic. I didn't think there'd be one - it's a bad card - and even if there was a doc could potentially help. Do you think scum would give up a certain directed kill for a possible undirected suicide? Also, scum would have shot day 1 and rigged the 2 for night 1 - so the suicide couldn't have been claimed and prevented, and the kill wouldn't have been disabled.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4003, Fishythefish wrote:Yeah, I think the two of diamonds isn't an implausible scum-garnering-towncred card. Failure to save giga would have been claiming scum. Scum don't have safeclaims, so that would have been a tricky decision.
So why take that card in the first place as scum? unless you're also rigging it

I don't really think you're scum with the card rig stuff
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Fish what is so bad about 8/2 I'm missing
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Really don't think you should be clearing people for taking a "town card"
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

vote off
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:26 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@Dunn - fair point, hadn't considered the drafting. Two of diamonds would be a crappy pick for scum.

@Spyrex - beloved is very antitown. Makes you impossible to lynch some days. Hated makes you more likely to be lynched on the days you are beloved, so further antitown. Also introduces some very bad endgame potential - we can't afford Vedith in lylo if spades come up. I can imagine picking the two - factional kill disabled is sweet - but then being hated on spades days seems a scum move.

@gerry - I think a small number of cards (two, in fact) are sufficiently unlikely for scum to pick that they are stronger info than anything I've seen in-thread. Chiefly, these are cards that make you significantly more likely to die, without large benefits for scum. I'm not saying those people are all definitely town, but they are in the "absolutely not lynching for a few days" pot.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:44 pm

Post by Maxous »

Yeah I know dreal picked that king of diamonds but his interactions with Maria are so damn awkward IMO
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Quipla
Quipla
Goon
Quipla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Quipla »

In post 3932, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
@Mod, if two Alpha Deck Riggers are alive, can the one lower in the draft rig the deck successfully if the one higher in the draft intentionally does not submit an action?
No, they can't.

In post 3941, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 3940, Dunnstral wrote:It's removed from the graveyard? Or is it secretly revived
@Mod, when a card is revived, is it publically revealed in any way (e.g., removed from the discard pile in the OP, announced in a new post, etc.)?
The discard pile tally will decrease by 1, the discard pile post will be edited to show that the specific card has been removed, and a post will be made announcing that a card has been taken from the discard pile.

~~

DECK x 38 - TRUMP x 1 - DISCARD PILE x 22

DAY 4 VOTECOUNT #1

Dunnstral (2)
- McMenno, gerryoat
drealmerz7 (1)
- Maxous
SpyreX (1)
- gigabyteTroubadour
Lil Uzi Vert (1)
- drealmerz7

Not Voting (12)
- MathBlade, -Grey-, ArcAngel9, Transcend, Fishythefish, davesaz, Kison, Vecna, Dunnstral, SpyreX, Lil Uzi Vert, TheWayItEnds

With 17 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline is set for (expired on 2017-01-06 08:05:15).
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3975, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3912, Vecna wrote:Also, I really dont see why anyone thinks ^ mr LUV up here is scum, these types of posts appear super genuine to me and he has been for a while.
I actually scumread you and him together based on this post. When I get time will explain why both posts are ugly.
A wall post is not alignment indicative. Effort is not alignment indicative. Caring about the game is not alignment indicative. All this says is you townread him and have for a while and looks like trying to destroy suspicion on him rather than actually explaining your town read of him.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:55 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3998, Fishythefish wrote:Adding to giga's list:

Claims

• Vedith (now Mathblade) claimed to have the Jack of Clubs, 8 of Spades, and 2 of Spades at L-1.

• Transcend claimed to rig the deck with the Ace of Clubs, meaning he has the Ace of Clubs and Jack of Spades. He also claimed to be a member of the Clubs Neighborhood (which I can verify), so he has the 8, 9, or 10 of clubs.

• Transcend is presumably the innocent result of rb's sole investigation. Look through rb's ISO and voice any disagreement you have though.

• gigabyteTrouabdour claimed to have the 2 of hearts (Innocent Child) and 3 of clubs. McMenno claimed to be neighbors with them in the Clubs Neighborhood, which they verified. This means their remaining card is an 8, 9, or 10 of clubs.

• Vecna claimed fruit vendor and vended fruit to Gerry, which has been verified by Gerry.

• McMenno claimed to be a member of the Clubs Neighborhood, and so has an 8, 9, or 10 of clubs.

• The deck started out with 13 diamond cards, so 13 diamond cards are in the hands of players and 13 are in the deck (now 12). (This is the result of giga's N2 inventory)

• I've claimed Beta Deck Rigger, and successfully rigged the Jack of Spades for N1 and the Two of Clubs for D3, leaving the 4 of Clubs as my only remaining card. Editorialising, the Two of Clubs is obviously protown, and these cards would have been much less good for the town in the other order (Two at night, Jack at day), so I'm town.

• We massclaimed whether we missed out on any draft cards, because two people above us took them. Titus, MOI/Arcangel/Drone missed the Jack of Clubs. dreamer missed the King of Diamonds. Vifam/TWIE missed the 8 of Spades. McMenno missed the 7 of hearts.

• Jackel was a town vengeful when we lynched him, but no-one died. Explanations are a no-shot, a shot at a BP (Vedith/giga), a shot at a randomly-protected target or a shot at a scum-protected target which they thought would likely be vigged/venged. Some (including me) think the last is very likely, and that the target was most likely Maria.

• Grey has the King of Diamonds, 8 of Hearts and 10 of Hearts

• On day 2, scum shot one of the top 5 people in the draft. They knew 2 of rb/Jackel/Vedith/kraska were BP. If Vedith is town, that means they took a 50% chance of a failed shot, or used a strongman. If Vedith is scum, the chance was 33%. So the strongman is probscum, more so if Vedith is town.
This gives the following reads, going on cards alone:
- Transcend, town. Cleared by a cop.
- giga, town. Took a town card (suicide, innocent child).
- Grey, town. Took a town card (loverise, LoL).
- dreamer, town. Attempted to take a town card (loverise, LoL).
- [IMO, to others - Fishy, town]
- Vedith, mild scum. His cards make him unlynchable on days with Spades or Jacks as trumps. His 8/2 of spades are a pretty dangerous combo that hurts town more than scum.
- 2 of diamonds which saved giga - mild town. Scum likely would have kept this under wraps.
Rigging the 2 of clubs assuming you are telling the truth is not alignment indicative as the setup says they can shoot once in a day or night phase. So rigging one unless you have overwhelming evidence scum will shoot that cycle is useless. It will be if and when there is no kill from scum. (I am townreading Grey and really need time to go back and look more at Titus.)

Those cards together do not hurt Town or scum. They are passives. Also your logic on day two about me and that group is wrong. If you assume incorrectly my slot is scum then they would have a two out of three or 66% chance of hitting someone BP as I am only BP if the card shows BP based on the trump card. I don't know where you got that grouping.

This post is a lot of bullshit and it looks like this game scum are content to post words to look townie.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:57 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4012, MathBlade wrote:(I am townreading Grey and really need time to go back and look more at Titus.)
Why do you need to go back and look more at confirmed town?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4003, Fishythefish wrote:Your claim was fine; means you'll revive in a pro town way, which is townish.

Yeah, I think the two of diamonds isn't an implausible scum-garnering-towncred card. Failure to save giga would have been claiming scum. Scum don't have safeclaims, so that would have been a tricky decision.

Yep, I could have killed an ic. I didn't think there'd be one - it's a bad card - and even if there was a doc could potentially help. Do you think scum would give up a certain directed kill for a possible undirected suicide? Also, scum would have shot day 1 and rigged the 2 for night 1 - so the suicide couldn't have been claimed and prevented, and the kill wouldn't have been disabled.
This post is even worse.

VOTE: FishyTheFish

....There is no such thing as "revive in a protown way" or "townish". Either a person is or is not Town who does scummy or townie things.

Scum don't have fake claims yes but why the fuck do you contradict yourself. You say it is a townie thing but say if he didn't do it it is scum claiming so that action is really NAI. And why the fuck do fake claims matter or not? We pick powers. A power is not alignment indicative. Scum can pick suicide if they know they are exposed so scum don't have to give credence to bussing. All of what is being suggested is just fucking horrible and scum hunting needs to happen. We need to focus on scumhunting. Experienced scum can and will bend mechanics to their will. I have done it before and do not want to see that happen this game.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:04 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4013, -Grey- wrote:
In post 4012, MathBlade wrote:(I am townreading Grey and really need time to go back and look more at Titus.)
Why do you need to go back and look more at confirmed town?
Because Titus even when derptastic usually has at least something right.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 3781, Titus wrote:
In post 3780, davesaz wrote:I think it's extremely unlikely that Titus and MariaR are both scum. I don't think that Titus would go so far out there trying to protect a buddy.
Funny, I don't remember seeing anyone say it's wk though, which on retrospect may be a little odd.

Titus, you said you didn't like the scummy people voting / pushing MariaR. Have you said which ones you think are scummy besides Kison?
Kison Lil Vecna You
Oh look. Titus suspected Lil and Vecna. Wow. So shocked. Still townreading grey but if I am wrong on Fish townread destroyed damn.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:46 am

Post by Transcend »

Something something hi
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:49 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4016, MathBlade wrote:Oh look. Titus suspected Lil and Vecna. Wow. So shocked. Still townreading grey but if I am wrong on Fish townread destroyed damn.
This reads to me like Math knows fish will flip town and will use that townflip to rationalize scumreading me.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:00 am

Post by MathBlade »

You read wrong.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:34 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4019, MathBlade wrote:You read wrong.
So you're saying you wouldn't change your read on me based on fish's flip?
---
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:35 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4020, -Grey- wrote:
In post 4019, MathBlade wrote:You read wrong.
So you're saying you wouldn't change your read on me based on fish's flip?
Oh I am saying it would. Just isn't an excuse. I do if this then that's a lot.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4008, Fishythefish wrote:@Dunn - fair point, hadn't considered the drafting. Two of diamonds would be a crappy pick for scum.

@Spyrex - beloved is very antitown. Makes you impossible to lynch some days. Hated makes you more likely to be lynched on the days you are beloved, so further antitown. Also introduces some very bad endgame potential - we can't afford Vedith in lylo if spades come up. I can imagine picking the two - factional kill disabled is sweet - but then being hated on spades days seems a scum move.

@gerry - I think a small number of cards (two, in fact) are sufficiently unlikely for scum to pick that they are stronger info than anything I've seen in-thread. Chiefly, these are cards that make you significantly more likely to die, without large benefits for scum. I'm not saying those people are all definitely town, but they are in the "absolutely not lynching for a few days" pot.
So you want to mislynch me now instead of at LyLO? ...Interesting how you didn't have this theory until I replaced in and said my suspicions.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

It also completely ignores what is on the rest of the card. Mafia kill disabler and JK. So you can't say someone is Town for having that then call me scum for it as well. This is blatant hypocrisy.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:14 am

Post by MathBlade »

Beloved roles are most often pro-Town. They are either seen in setups designed especially for them (so it is acceptable for their death to be a "punishment" for the Town) or in role madness games where skipping a Day phase is not a complete disaster.

From the wiki fyi.
GTKAS -- MathBlade

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”