Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

In post 195, Kmd4390 wrote:Why is it a miricle mal is posting? And why is posting a town tell?
Have you seen Mal's activity this game? Though it was mostly a jokey shot at him b/c both in this game and in the last game we played he was a lurkfuck. I never said that it was a towntell though there are alot of players (myself included) that look at activity as townish...still I never said he was town for it but I know this was just shade throwing/pushback so meh.

It doesn't matter who we draft since they are all POE town. Though personally, KT seems kinda trollish and I rather have non trolls on my show. Join my on KMD guys.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:43 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

Although personally I'd like IAI or Tywin.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

That Penguinox thing can die to. I'd use my finisher but I don't want anyone to interfere otherwise it seems like a waste. Thoughts on both brands using today as a double lynch day?

Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:56 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

@Leon:

I HATE YOU for making me do this. You should know (and most of those who played more than one game with me do know) one of my weakest aspects of the game is trying to make cases, whether these are scum or town cases. I'll do my best though.

Nero came out of the gate blazing. He did not even use his site-meta earned right to RVS, but rather expressed a scum read on KMD and voted there. Furthermore, he didn't hesitate in voicing out hi opinion on SD (sum reading Maria) when it was still debatable whether scum hunting in SD was considered scummy or not.

In other words, Nero makes no reservations and is paying little if any attention how anyone could try to angle-shoot his play. This -to me- is genuine aggressive scum hunting, which makes him Town in my eyes.

As for you, your # contained 3 lines: 1: Sarcasm. NAI, 2: defending McMenno. Minor Town credit, 3: Town reading Narna. More Town cred.

Your # looks more detailed in why you defended McMenno, and has a true statement in that scum will likely push on a joke as they tend to try to find "something" to start their attack on Town. So, not only did you not join the push, you defended McMenno with reason and logic.

Still, I've put you as my 4th on the list, so if it comes down to you vs Narna, Nero or McMenno I'd be lynching you over any of them. However, I don't wan you gone over anyone else apart from those 3, and we only have one lynch, so I'm trying to narrow down my options for the day.

@Narna:

Unfortunately we canNOT draft KT over here no matter what he says he is. First; until he DOES start producing results there's nothing confirmed about his role to begin with. Second; his play is annoying I'd rather be lynched myself over bringing him to play in my own brand, let alone by my own choice. Third; it's not just me. There are several players who feel uncomfortable with KT's play, and it's not going to be any smoother if we had him here. The noise he produces could very much cloud the air to the point we can't see scum mooning us and brushing their behinds to our faces. Why would I want to poison the air in my brand's thread?

In short, we have several other choices that are all better than KT to bring over here. Titus (if not the one massive picks to be undraftable) is a great choice. Tywin (Obv!Town in my book) is a good choice too. Grey (whom you seem to have reservations over) I have a Town lean on for both his play of late AND Titus being confident of his alignment (Titus can tunnel town thinking they might be scum, but rarely ever gets stubborn over a town read if she's not fairly confident in it). Maria is my own Town read, but I might not draft her for fear she might work as a distraction to Nero. Vifam is another alternative I might consider since both our slot (myself and Chara) and Nero Cain are leaning Town on him.

So, FIVE alternatives to pick from there with 2 that I don't think anyone could argue against.

Suffice it to say, our choices are:

- Titus: Top choice if she is draftable.
- Tywin: No problem here, but Titus wants him there
- Maria: My personal preferred 3rd choice, but Nero doesn't like her
- Grey: Looks like a decent pick, but you (my top Town read) seem to have reservations
- Vifam: May be the best compromise draft if Titus isn't on the table considering they don't like him much there as we do here

P.S. Your feedback is VERY appreciated. I won't try to run this brand as a dictator unless I'm forced to. Both myself and Chara agree that we can properly play our role w/o being total jerks about it.

P-edit:

I may have misunderstood, but if by "double-lynch" you mean using a finisher AND having a normal lynch, I believe Vince said somewhere that someone tapping out WILL end the day. Apologies in advance if I did misunderstand.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:07 am

Post by Leonshade »

Apologies for the wall:
In post 192, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 177, Leonshade wrote:At least this thread is easy to catch up on.

VOTE: DodgeTheSaint

First, I'd still like to hear an answer to this question:
In post 128, Leonshade wrote:
In post 74, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 72, Leonshade wrote:Ms Columbo's questions are a bit awkward, but they're the kinds of questions I could see a newb asking when trying to figure people out.

@DodgeTheSaint:
Post 53 reads like you scumread McMenno, I'd like to hear why.
Eh, the situation changed a bit on his part.
Changed how?
Changed because votes break submissions. I digested the ability as needing another player to use an ability to break it. To me, he was fishing for someone else to use their ability to break the submission, because no way we'd allow someone to be killed in the first 48. A single vote breaking submissions surprised me.
That's actually a sensible position.
Second, I don't like your ISO. Most of your ISO is yammering on about the topic of interaction with the other thread, and while your negative viewpoint on it is NAI, the way you talk about it isn't. First, your talking points on the topic are too general, it's mechanics talk/information instead of analysis. Second, reads disingenuous:
In post 162, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Nah, the activity in this thread is really perfect right now.

Here was my thought process coming into the game.

Me: Scum always look for the easy way to make posts. What's the easy way in this game? "Scumhunting" the other thread. Okay. I can respond one of two ways. One, I can let players do it for a bit, and try to catch them out on it.
Two, I can attack the first player to do it, judge reactions, and generally just try to shut it down.

I chose my second option, for better or worse.

You seem to be backing off your original point now that it's obvious everyone disagrees with it. Also, you claim that you "attacked" the first player as a reaction test and to try to shut down this antitown behavior, but that's not even what happened:
First, I'm right about this, so you can slow you roll there buddy. Furthermore, once players started reading what I was writing instead of going "Dodge is telling us not to read...SCUM", it turns out that THEY AGREE. But sure, let's pretend that I'm backing off because 'everyone disagrees'. When you join me in the reality of this game, let me know.
People agree that scum might hide behind shallow reads of the other thread, a position I agree with as well. But there's a difference between that, and interaction with the other thread in general. The people you've discussed this with, players like Narna and Lil Uzi, clearly don't agree with you, as they're still interacting with the Smackdown thread.

To clarify, I believe your stated position is this: Scum like to hide behind posts that are easy to make. Shallow posts about another thread are easy posts to make. Therefore, discussion with the other thread (that doesn't benefit this thread) is antitown , as it makes it easier for scum to hide behind posts that benefit their style. For that reason, you claim to have tried to shut down discussion with the other thread from the beginning of the game, in an attempt to stop this antitown behavior. Am I correct?
In post 27, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 20, Narna wrote:Mcmenno is looking towny. Kmd can be scum though.

VOTE: Kmd4390

Spoiler: Smackdown
Titus looks town
Alternatively, we can also vote this. When you see it...
You threw shade at Narna to start things off. You later tried to use it as a scumtell, but then you backed off of that after your interactions with Narna. But you don't say you changed your mind, you say "lol reaction test"? That's BS.
I cannot help you if you don't know the difference between someone sorting a player, and someone going 'lol reaction test'. Guess which one I actually did? (here's a hint: I interacted with a player, was satisfied, and moved on.) Still don't know? Well okay.
If I am correct on my above point, here is my problem: You said that you chose to "attack the first attack the first player to do it, judge reactions, and generally just try to shut it down". But your first post about Narna was not an attack at all, it looks like a post implying that he's being scummy. I'm having trouble expressing this thought briefly, so I'll express it in a bit of an awkward way: Your stated position looks like the following:

"I attacked Narna (the first player to engage in behavior I consider antitown) to judge the reactions of both him and others, as well as to generally try to shut down this antitown behavior."

Whereas your first post about Narna does not look like an attack, at least not in a direct, reaction-judging/shutting-things-down way. If I had had to describe your interaction with Narna before post 162, it would've been similar to what you claim in post 192: "Dodge thought Narna's behavior looked scummy/was pinged by something Narna did, but after interacting with him he changed his read." But in post 162 you seem to claim that your interaction with Narna was a more deliberate attack, an attack to shut down general behavior, when that's not what it looks like. Your description of your behavior after the fact doesn't match the behavior you're describing.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:18 am

Post by Leonshade »

I wish I had someone to proofread my posts, I feel like my thoughts have merit but when I type them down I have struggle expressing what it is I found so convincing about them.
In post 199, Narna wrote:I want Raw's opinion on drafting KT. It seems like a no brainer. Grey was nai pushing them for being too aggressive. They softed a pr well before any shenanigans, and while I don't have a solid tr on the slot. I believe he has a role that we can sort him with and manipulate to help town.

That sounds infinitely preferable to drafting some shady player like grey, or some huge question mark meta read in MariaR.
You want to draft KT? While I find him entertaining and don't have a problem with him myself, there are players who dislike/are distracted by his style.

I don't really have draft thoughts, while I'm casually following the other thread, I'm not reading it with the same critical eye that I would with a game I'm actively engaging in.
"I still cant believe Leonshade just talked his way out of getting lynched by posting Lion King gifs"
- Vecna
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:23 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 202, Nero Cain wrote:
That Penguinox thing can die to. I'd use my finisher but I don't want anyone to interfere otherwise it seems like a waste. Thoughts on both brands using today as a double lynch day?
Is it just the lurking? I'm still willing to give the lurkers a chance due to the time of year, and lynching a lurker usually feels more like a compromise than a good lynch.
- Vecna
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:36 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Why are you scumreading him?
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 191, Kmd4390 wrote:Ms columbo, my town read on lil is news to me. I didn't realize I had much of a read on him. So thanks for clearing that up. Also, yeah, thinkbig town is my steongest town read in the game. It's obvious why he was so bothered by mcmenno's action,
but if you can't figure out why, I'm not going into it. Maybe scum can't figure it out either.
The replace out is a bit more than mildly annoying though. This kind of thing is why people who replace out shouldn't be allowed to join new games for at least a month.
I don't really understand what you're trying to imply with the bolded. You don't seem to be implying that Ms Columbo is scum, but yet her behavior is similar to what you claim scum might do? Am I reading too much into this?

@Almost Chara:
Thanks for trying! I didn't expect cases, but I like that you provided them anyway.
- Vecna
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

In post 206, Leonshade wrote:
Is it just the lurking? I'm still willing to give the lurkers a chance due to the time of year, and lynching a lurker usually feels more like a compromise than a good lynch.
Mostly yes. The Karnos head is p active sitewide and there hasn't really been any scumhunting when they've been here. is kinda funky.

Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Townie
Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Not_An_McMenno_Hydra »

why is the other thread 50 pages

why is it locked

wtf is going on

~memeo
Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Townie
Not_An_McMenno_Hydra
Townie
Townie

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Not_An_McMenno_Hydra »

throw your hands in the air who stopped reading nero's posts

~memeo
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Whats wrong with them?

Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:38 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 209, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 206, Leonshade wrote:
Mostly yes. The Karnos head is p active sitewide and there hasn't really been any scumhunting when they've been here. is kinda funky.
Oh, I didn't realize Penguinos was a hydra, it doesn't list them as one in the OP.
- Vecna
Penguinos
Penguinos
Goon
Penguinos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:41 am

Post by Penguinos »

In post 209, Nero Cain wrote: Mostly yes. The Karnos head is p active sitewide and there hasn't really been any scumhunting when they've been here. is kinda funky.
A bit of an exaggeration. I was completely absent from 23-25 due to holidays. I wouldn't call that "p active". I had a little time yesterday, so I posted a few tidbits in each active game I had going including this one. I was also hoping my other head might pick up some of the slack, but that's my own fault for lack of clear communication.
Penguinos
Penguinos
Goon
Penguinos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:27 am

Post by Penguinos »

Ok. Re-read the entire thread. Still a bit confused, hoping to confer with my other head shortly. Last few pages feels more like reading the dead-thread of a game rather than an active game.

Replace outs seem a bit odd. Thinkbig was under a lot of pressure/drama in a recent game and he held tough the entire time, so I'm a little surprised to see him replace out like this.

I am prioritizing this thread, but after reading through twice I think I need to read the other bran's thread to understand things more clearly.
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:39 am

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

[quote="In post 204, Leonshade"][/quote]

Other than your interpretation of my interaction with Narna not matching to what I'm saying, I think you understand the course of events pretty well. Sure Post #27 wasn't much of an attack. At that point in time, my thoughts about McMenno were more important to me, so I was pinging Narna's post more than attacking it. Attacking is not really the right word, I don't feel like I was attacking Narna personally, I was intending to attack a certain behavior (that at this point we all seem to get and agree one so...) that I thought was potentially on display. When Narna explained her thoughts, it was clear to me she wasn't doing it just to 'look town'. Anyway, once someone else (KMD) responded to #27, I elaborated a bit. I didn't elaborate why I voted McMenno until recently either, as I was getting accusations that I voted him to break his finisher (something I didn't realize right away would happen) and didn't correct them until you asked directly. I don't believe it's beneficial for me, or the town, for me to make my posts and my thoughts the most important posts and thoughts of the thread. That doesn't mean I don't believe my ideals are important, (they are, hence the two thread thing) but I'm not going to (or not intending to) to bring it to such a level that it takes away from anyone's ability to play the game.
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Leonshade »

In post 216, DodgeTheSaint wrote: Other than your interpretation of my interaction with Narna not matching to what I'm saying, I think you understand the course of events pretty well. Sure Post #27 wasn't much of an attack. At that point in time, my thoughts about McMenno were more important to me, so I was pinging Narna's post more than attacking it.
Agreed that that's what #27 looks like.
In post 216, DodgeTheSaint wrote:Attacking is not really the right word, I don't feel like I was attacking Narna personally, I was intending to attack a certain behavior (that at this point we all seem to get and agree one so...) that I thought was potentially on display. When Narna explained her thoughts, it was clear to me she wasn't doing it just to 'look town'. Anyway, once someone else (KMD) responded to #27, I elaborated a bit.
So #27 simply pinged you, but later on you attacked Narna's behavior, as you talked about in #162? I'll need to re-read your interactions with Narna, but that makes more sense.

Alright, I'll chew on this. In the meantime, I'd like to hear who you're scumreading at the moment.
- Vecna
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Narna, no. Not interested in drafting Kain.

Nero, you made it sound like I was dumb for voting Mal, so I assumed you had a town read. I mean, voting scum is kind of not dumb. I agree that I Am Innocent would be a good draft pick.

Leon, not sure what you're getting at. Thinkbig is obvtown. Ms Columbo might be town. If you don't get the part you bolded, oh well. It's not something I want to talk about.

Mcmenno, it looks like they might have a modkill coming. I don't see where it happened, but Titus says that Vifam quoted private communication with the Mod.

Penguinos, I don't think thinkbig replaced out because of pressure. He was just bored with the game. So he probably shouldn't have signed up to begin with.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Leonshade
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Leonshade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:53 am

Post by Leonshade »

Agreed on Columbo, but there is nothing obvtown about ThinkBig.
- Vecna
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:54 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

If you say so. You can't see what I can though, so meh.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah there wasn't much pressure on TB when he replaced out. He wasn't being ran up or question particularly hard.

Could you go a little in depth on your town read on Columbo, KMD?
Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Vince McMahon »

I've posted this on Smackdown, but it's important Raw sees this too:

I had a chat with the listmod and we've concluded that no one will be mod-killed or replaced.

What I'm going to do is let everyone know two things:
1) Scum had access to the town win condition since the beginning of the game. (This is one of my biggest contributors in deciding whether someone will be mod-killed or not)
2) Post both the scum and town win conditions:
Town: You win when the entire heel threat is eliminated from your brand.
Scum: You win when all heels comprise of at least half of all wrestlers in your brand. (Including the general manager, if that is applicable.)

Furthermore, Vifam wasn't the only player that skirted on this rule. I've noticed a few others so this will serve as a mass-warning to everyone. Please be cognizant in what you post, especially if it's something I've sent to you. Word of wisdom: If you want to convey something I've said, it's a good practice to type it in your own words. Same goes to scum if you want to fake something - type it in your own words and don't make it sound like you just copy and pasted it.

Note to myself for when I have more time: I need to add seven hours and thirty-seven minutes to the deadline clock.
Mod of WWE Mafia - Ask Me About Joining "Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club!"
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Lil, the line of questioning starting in post 56 sounded like a genuine inexperienced attempt to scum hunt. I don't think that it was faked.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 223, Kmd4390 wrote:Lil, the line of questioning starting in post 56 sounded like a genuine inexperienced attempt to scum hunt. I don't think that it was faked.
I don't get that vibe from her to be honest. I think she knows how and just has a different play style than the norm. Might be just the Columbo avi though.

I dislike how she had claimed to be caught up and said we had given reads on people. I also don't like the way she's attempting to spin what I said about TB. Pinged me quite a bit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”