Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4150 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:52 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 4149, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4148, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:You're also forgetting the stranglehold the town leaders such as herself and rb had on the game. It was either their way or the highway and Maria was definitely not happening Day 1 and Day 2.
Uhh this is bad. At the very least present a case during that or something
I didn't really have much of a case. The thoughts I had about Maria at the time were all I had and I think her ISO spoke for itself. In hindsight, I probably should've voted for her but I don't think with the reasoning you just quoted it would have done any good.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4151 (ISO) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4117, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 4115, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4104, Maxous wrote:That's actually a good idea.
Get the innocent child confirmation and then discard the card.

The other card revive should do that.

+plus it would give another scum kill disabler
You get a townread. Have some popcorn to celebrate.

Still reading.
isn't that a little bit too generous of a townread

like he +1'd basically conftown's suggestion, not that that's scummy but it's not super town indicative either
-Grey- wrote:VOTE: McMenno

This can die today.

Note to kraska: Sorry for redirecting your shot.
:up: :up: :up:
No.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4152 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:22 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 4148, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 4146, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 4131, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I've been scum reading Maria since Day 1. I don't recall anyone really sharing the same sentiment at the time. Check
Yes. You've been scum reading Maria since day 1, but never at any point did much to make her lynch more likely - you never voted her until she was already a serious wagon on D3.
Yeah I didn't for two reasons. She wasn't my strongest scum read at the time and I was more interested in what Titus may have been hinting at with the information she was gathering. You're also forgetting the stranglehold the town leaders such as herself and rb had on the game. It was either their way or the highway and Maria was definitely not happening Day 1 and Day 2. I also was defending myself from why I casted a vote for Vifam earlier.

What I was trying to argue by showing how long I was scum reading her was that my reasons for voting for her Day 3 didn't come from nowhere or were sheeping like you seem to be implying.
This makes sense for d1 - though then I'd expect to see you try to persuade those leaders. But Maria definitely wasn't happening day 2? Codswallop. There we leaders were dead, and the Maria wagon was definitely a real possibility. You're vote for jackal - who you never mentioned d1 - over Maria was absolutely not forced by the game state.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #4153 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:21 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 4126, davesaz wrote:10 of diamonds
as trump
enables Cop, PGO, RB, Alpha Vig, and all diamonds powers (if it's a DAY trump including
double lynch
if someone owns a K).
Why would you think that's a scummy move?
...and...
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4154 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: mcmenno
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4155 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Maxous »

I'm not voting menno.

Angel or dreal.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4156 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:07 am

Post by SpyreX »

Fish i see what you did there

Codswallop

Rimshot

So whats the parse between d2 maria and d3 maria murder parties. Who had a mysterious hardon d3 versus d2 apathy
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4157 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

Cause that wagon d3 was so easy i got paranoid over it which means it should be crawlin with scums
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4158 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 4152, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 4148, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 4146, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 4131, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I've been scum reading Maria since Day 1. I don't recall anyone really sharing the same sentiment at the time. Check
Yes. You've been scum reading Maria since day 1, but never at any point did much to make her lynch more likely - you never voted her until she was already a serious wagon on D3.
Yeah I didn't for two reasons. She wasn't my strongest scum read at the time and I was more interested in what Titus may have been hinting at with the information she was gathering. You're also forgetting the stranglehold the town leaders such as herself and rb had on the game. It was either their way or the highway and Maria was definitely not happening Day 1 and Day 2. I also was defending myself from why I casted a vote for Vifam earlier.

What I was trying to argue by showing how long I was scum reading her was that my reasons for voting for her Day 3 didn't come from nowhere or were sheeping like you seem to be implying.
This makes sense for d1 - though then I'd expect to see you try to persuade those leaders. But Maria definitely wasn't happening day 2? Codswallop. There we leaders were dead, and the Maria wagon was definitely a real possibility. You're vote for jackal - who you never mentioned d1 - over Maria was absolutely not forced by the game state.
You're forgetting that one of those leaders was still alive in Titus and she was scum reading me from the start because she believed I tried to rolefish. I tried to explain to her that I wasn't various times but she still insisted that I was by constantly announcing she was willing to lynch me. I don't think she was trying to hear anything I was saying. I was also convinced to vote Jackal because while I was opposed to it at first due to his vengeful being active, it seemed like or at least everyone at the time had convinced him to shoot Maria so I felt it was worth the trade-off.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4159 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:56 am

Post by Vecna »

my posting the coming 6 or so days is still gonna be a bit more limited. Quite sure it wont come to prods but just letting you guys know.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4160 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 4158, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:You're forgetting that one of those leaders was still alive in Titus and she was scum reading me from the start because she believed I tried to rolefish. I tried to explain to her that I wasn't various times but she still insisted that I was by constantly announcing she was willing to lynch me. I don't think she was trying to hear anything I was saying. I was also convinced to vote Jackal because while I was opposed to it at first due to his vengeful being active, it seemed like or at least everyone at the time had convinced him to shoot Maria so I felt it was worth the trade-off.
Hmmm. Titus was not someone who dominated the discourse (like, say, rb). She kept up mild to moderate pressure on you, but never actually voted. Your wagon never got off the ground. There was already a Maria wagon - after the Transcend wagon dispersed, it was the #2 wagon for whole of day 2. If you had a scumread on Maria as you professed, I'd really expect you to have been interested in that wagon. It's not just that you didn't vote for it - you also never asked questions about Maria, or really did anything.

I find your day 2 play pretty unlikely from a townie with a day 1 SR on Maria, and completely likely from scum.

What do other people think of Uzi's play around Maria?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4161 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:15 am

Post by Dunnstral »

You make a pretty compelling argument, though I know uzi is pretty lynch baity
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #4162 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:20 am

Post by Dunnstral »

Why is arcangel lurking out?
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4163 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 4147, Dunnstral wrote:I'm going to tell you guys a secret: There was no protective role of any kind active last night. if -grey-/kraska were scum they'd have shot giga and wouldn't have claimed it, so they're either town or going for the super wifom when nobody really scumread them anyway
Eh. It's plausible that Titus was the most townish player scum thought they could shoot and get away with by playing the "ignorant replacement" card. Though I think it's more likely the slot is town.
In post 4156, SpyreX wrote:So whats the parse between d2 maria and d3 maria murder parties. Who had a mysterious hardon d3 versus d2 apathy
Actually... almost noone. Colouring green for hardened maria-haters, blue for town so who cares, red for too late to matter much:

Lynch mob: MariaR (10) -
Dunnstral, kraska77, Kison
, Lil Uzi Vert,
gigabyteTroubadour
Vecna
, drealmerz7, Fishythefish,
SpyreX
Transcend

Of those uncolored:
- Lil I've talked about.
- drealmer is interesting. Through quite a bit of day 2, his position can be summed up by "Jackal is scummy, Maria is scummier. Jackal has more votes, so let's just do that". I don't really see this as scum. He hadn't committed to a hard Maria scumread before taking this position. Why put yourself in this weird place as scum?
- I'm not analysing myself. Noone else should either, because I have a sneaking suspicion my play on Maria doesn't exactly scream town.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4164 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:12 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4155, Maxous wrote:I'm not voting menno.

Angel or dreal.
Interesting. Why do you say this?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4165 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Fish, I also would like to point we were sheeping rb at the time since he was killed during the day.

I'm a bit confused by your colors, purple is who you have town or confirmed town? Green strong town reads?
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4166 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by gerryoat »

Dunn and grey are confirmed scum lol
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4167 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

@LUV: why does following rb's reads matter here? Pretty sure that put Maria on the list.

The colours are just answering spyrexs question (because it was a good one) - who was suddenly gunning for Maria day 3? The various colours are all categories who I don't think are that interesting to look at in this context. Doesn't mean their town (except for the blue/purple one, which is the flipped-town-or-practically-confirmed category)

@gerry: why?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4168 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

gerryoat wrote:Dunn and grey are confirmed scum lol

i can go for a policy lynch on this slot

what did you have to smoke to scumread kraska btw
ok when i asked that question i was hoping for either a "good point" or a "no, this is why"

so could i please have the latter? :?

i legitimately do not understand the townreads on mcmenno and why people are so adamant about not lynching him

like literally all he has done this game is claim scum. in the neighborhood, "Watch out for moles in the hood. i know the scumteam has them because i'm one of them ;) ;) ;)", in-thread we have gems like:
In post 4045, McMenno wrote:yes it worked good job guys
In post 4047, McMenno wrote:to my buds
In post 4049, McMenno wrote:my scumbuddies. also hmpf.
and
In post 3689, McMenno wrote:I don't think I can support a mariar lynch here

one I feel like this is kinda her v kraska on who jackel shot and I am scumreading kraska more

two she is my scumbuddy and I don't really want to bus right now
^ not to mention he called maria the responsible lynch the day before here

like this is someone deliberately playing like scum, I get that "too scummy to be scum" is a thing but mcmenno has literally been riding on that idea to coast and be useless. none of it feels genuine either tbh

and don't forget his involvement with claims :down:
In post 3560, McMenno wrote: Giga is in one of my hoods might as well claim that now
this literally did not need to be outted and it was done without my permission. i mean the info's out there now so i'm going to milk the fuck out of it but still

also in the hood he started speculating on what roles each hood member has completely unprompted. i suppose it's a shitty rolefish if it really is a rolefish but WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO IT AS TOWN ANYWAY??

not to mention how fsdfhjsakldhiuign CLAIMING FRUIT VENDOR IN THE DIAMONDS HOOD I WANT TO ACTUALLY SHOOT MYSELF

his iso totally reads like a maria partner btw just like LOOK AT IT

mcmenno's play feels super fake here and i legitimately do not understand why this wagon has NEVER had traction all game............. if mcmenno were actually shittown playing like this i would expect scum to actually WANT this lynch
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4169 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm

In post 3689, McMenno wrote:I don't think I can support a mariar lynch here

one I feel like this is kinda her v kraska on who jackel shot and I am scumreading kraska more

two she is my scumbuddy and I don't really want to bus right now
In post 3560, McMenno wrote:as I said yesterday I am in two hoods and only have two cards so unless you think this is some elaborate scum gambit I was not bulletproof yesterday

Giga is in one of my hoods might as well claim that now

more thoughts when I get back to a computer
i'm really terrible with cases but hopefully my incoherent screeching moves some votes over to an actually decent wagon (read: not drealmerz aND NOT FUCKING DUNN)
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4170 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm

(them quotes are accidental <3)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4171 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

McMenno did the same thing in Shadowrun. He is using it to reaction test.

Maybe later. You look to be lynch shopping. I don't like that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4172 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:20 pm

In post 4171, MathBlade wrote:You look to be lynch shopping. I don't like that.
lmfao bye

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4173 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4166, gerryoat wrote:Dunn and grey are confirmed scum lol
Explain. I don't see this
GTKAS -- MathBlade
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4174 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:22 pm

also math, how do you know mcmenno is reaction testing? i don't see what reads he's getting out of this, he's barely commented on my slot (especially pre-IC claim) and i've been the one most vocally reacting to him all game

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”