Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #4300 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Kison »

One point on the other side - Dunn wanting to lynch Titus is plausible; relevant posts are post 3725 and post 3595. The latter being particularly notable as containing the phrase "kill titus".
This in particular gives me pause. It's definitely a bizarre choice of words if he is town and I would be voting right now had you not pointed out post 3595. Seeing him use the same wording in the game thread, it's plausible that he meant "kill" to signify lynch in the neighborhood thread.

Dunn was also on Maria quite a bit during day two during the buildup of Jackel's wagon.
It seems unlikely to be about the Grey shot. It would be bold scum indeed to go through with that after slipping it to the hood. More likely it was just about the kill the next day. Is that likely? Not sure. Scum could reasonably shoot at Titus for holding the King of Diamonds. Much more likely if the scum held the other one, I'd say.
If Titus hadn't been killed & was still in the game, would you be reading this any differently?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4301 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

@fish

OK i missed that and I'm intrigued.

What was the timing involved? Are we talking minutes like it was part of a natural conversation or deadline loomong check in with scum partners
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4302 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:47 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Mod, I am on V/LA until 2nd January, sorry for the delayed notice.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4303 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

....lovely. This may be the slowest game of mafia ever. Dunn scumslipped and Grey likely shot Titus so is scum with Dunn and ArcAngel9 goes lurkfest mode. GG no re .
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4304 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:32 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4303, MathBlade wrote:....lovely. This may be the slowest game of mafia ever. Dunn scumslipped and Grey likely shot Titus so is scum with Dunn and ArcAngel9 goes lurkfest mode. GG no re .
I didn't likely shoot her, I claimed the vig straight out.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4305 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:33 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4304, -Grey- wrote:
In post 4303, MathBlade wrote:....lovely. This may be the slowest game of mafia ever. Dunn scumslipped and Grey likely shot Titus so is scum with Dunn and ArcAngel9 goes lurkfest mode. GG no re .
Stop calling it a vig. Vig implies town. You likely shot meant that you with Dunn decided to kill Titus.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4306 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:35 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4305, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4304, -Grey- wrote:
Stop calling it a vig. Vig implies town. You likely shot meant that you with Dunn decided to kill Titus.
The scum kill was disabled, from what I heard.

I used my alpha vig shot, so yes I vigged her.

Cry me a river.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4307 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Maxous »

At the very least, the incident would actually suggest Gerry!town and menno!town
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4308 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

Lol a vig is only a vig if you are town. Otherwise it is a scumkill of a different name. You didn't vig her.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4309 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:44 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4307, Maxous wrote:At the very least, the incident would actually suggest Gerry!town and menno!town
A freaking men.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4310 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 4209, Dunnstral wrote:let's lynch mcmenno and vig gerry
Like how does any of this make them legit scum???
I'm gonna need actual reasons.
Jumping all over a "scum slip" is a towny thing to do.

Where's the whole "this will show how scum they are"?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4311 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:01 am

Post by davesaz »

I thought we had agreed that Dunn revived a protown card to a town player. Would scum take that chance?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4312 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

...I have claimed Jailkeeper on D1 before no provocation. Dunn doing something townie doesn't negate a scumslip.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4313 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

You be scums with Dunn and Grey. Not ArcAngel. Nah lurking sucks.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4314 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

Bah *
GTKAS -- MathBlade
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4315 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:22 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 4310, Maxous wrote:Jumping all over a "scum slip" is a towny thing to do.
no

absolutely not

Jumping on "scumslips" is an incredibly scummy thing to do unless there is VERY (and I mean VERY) hard evidence that it's not an awkward phrasing of language (and thus an actual, for real, slip).

The reason why being that jumping onto something that seems "objectively true" (i.e., accidentally revealing oneself as scum) allows scum to absolve themselves from actually developing fake reads from gameplay, tone, gut, etc., and can instead latch onto something that can easily be proven and isn't "wrong". Then, when Dunn (most likely) flips town, the onus is suddenly on him instead of Mcmenno or Gerry (not that gerry should be lynched or vigged btw). Everything about encouraging it is intellectually lazy and pro-scum.

What about Dunn's role
in the thread
is scummy? Even more important,
WHAT ABOUT KRASKA WAS EVEN SCUMMY
? kraska was stupidly obvious town and that read absolutely carries onto -Grey- too, even if he made an extremely sub-optimal vig (which btw screams more of town than scum)

fuck man, in the words of kraska.......

MURDER
CHARLOUX
MCMENNO
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:23 am

mathblade do your reads always feel so disconnected from reality

like i want to townread you for it (especially when you accused me of "lynch shopping") but i have to wonder to what extent you would pull this off as scum
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:29 am

we need our boy zach in here i think

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 4300, Kison wrote:
One point on the other side - Dunn wanting to lynch Titus is plausible; relevant posts are post 3725 and post 3595. The latter being particularly notable as containing the phrase "kill titus".
This in particular gives me pause. It's definitely a bizarre choice of words if he is town and I would be voting right now had you not pointed out post 3595. Seeing him use the same wording in the game thread, it's plausible that he meant "kill" to signify lynch in the neighborhood thread.

Dunn was also on Maria quite a bit during day two during the buildup of Jackel's wagon.
It seems unlikely to be about the Grey shot. It would be bold scum indeed to go through with that after slipping it to the hood. More likely it was just about the kill the next day. Is that likely? Not sure. Scum could reasonably shoot at Titus for holding the King of Diamonds. Much more likely if the scum held the other one, I'd say.
If Titus hadn't been killed & was still in the game, would you be reading this any differently?
Yeah, spotting 3595 has weakened my resolve a bit.

If Titus hadn't been killed, I'd be reading this much the same - if this was a scumslip, I doubt it was related to Titus's actual death.
In post 4301, SpyreX wrote:@fish

OK i missed that and I'm intrigued.

What was the timing involved? Are we talking minutes like it was part of a natural conversation or deadline loomong check in with scum partners
This all happened ~2 days before deadline. There were a few hours between the post before the possible slip and the slip. All the follow-up posts are spread out, with hours between each.
In post 4315, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 4310, Maxous wrote:Jumping all over a "scum slip" is a towny thing to do.
no

absolutely not

Jumping on "scumslips" is an incredibly scummy thing to do unless there is VERY (and I mean VERY) hard evidence that it's not an awkward phrasing of language (and thus an actual, for real, slip).

The reason why being that jumping onto something that seems "objectively true" (i.e., accidentally revealing oneself as scum) allows scum to absolve themselves from actually developing fake reads from gameplay, tone, gut, etc., and can instead latch onto something that can easily be proven and isn't "wrong". Then, when Dunn (most likely) flips town, the onus is suddenly on him instead of Mcmenno or Gerry (not that gerry should be lynched or vigged btw). Everything about encouraging it is intellectually lazy and pro-scum.

What about Dunn's role
in the thread
is scummy? Even more important,
WHAT ABOUT KRASKA WAS EVEN SCUMMY
? kraska was stupidly obvious town and that read absolutely carries onto -Grey- too, even if he made an extremely sub-optimal vig (which btw screams more of town than scum)

fuck man, in the words of kraska.......

MURDER
CHARLOUX
MCMENNO
Let's be clear. You don't have to think Grey is scum here to think Dunn slipped.

What do you think of the actual post itself? That is, posting "Let's kill Titus" in a neighbourhood, apropos of nothing? This is not some accidental typo we're jumping all over. It's a post with a clear explanation if Dunn is scum who fucked up his browser tabs, and none if he is town.

In the thread - Dunn's play since then has rung alarm bells for me. I want him to answer my last post.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

Your entire rant is don't lynch him because he picked a card. Dunn slipped. McMenno claims scum all the time it is literally NAI.

Dunn and Grey are partners.

I only get scumread heavily as Town. When I am scum I plan things. Here I has no plan. I lynch de scums.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:36 am

In post 4316, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:mathblade do your reads always feel so disconnected from reality

like i want to townread you for it (especially when you accused me of "lynch shopping") but i have to wonder to what extent you would pull this off as scum
this came out a lot ruder than i wanted it to, sorry

but i absolutely cannot see scum motivation in kraska and even if i flubbed up really badly once i think i can read kraska well
In post 4318, Fishythefish wrote:Let's be clear. You don't have to think Grey is scum here to think Dunn slipped.

What do you think of the actual post itself? That is, posting "Let's kill Titus" in a neighbourhood, apropos of nothing? This is not some accidental typo we're jumping all over. It's a post with a clear explanation if Dunn is scum who fucked up his browser tabs, and none if he is town.

In the thread - Dunn's play since then has rung alarm bells for me. I want him to answer my last post.
It seems like something town!Dunn would say normally, yes. I was going to go through Open 649 (my game with Dunn) because I recall him saying something similar out of nowhere in that game.

I don't think his reaction is that particularly awful though.

@Mathblade, thanks for the misrep but I'm not townreading -Grey- just because Kraska picked the King of Diamonds

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:39 am

Post by -Grey- »

scum!Blade just wants me lynched to take the king of diamonds out of play.
---
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:40 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Doctors should strongly consider protecting Grey tonight. As the last holder of the King of Diamonds, he's serious business.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:43 am

Post by MathBlade »

@Giga I am saying you are townreading Dunn for it.

@Fishy -- That is a waste. Grey is scum.

A card is not alignment indicative. As scum I would have picked that card because then no powers go off at night either. All it is is a rank and a suit people.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:45 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 4315, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
no

absolutely not

Meh, not in my experience.
"
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”