Mini Normal 1861: Musical Mafia (TOWN WIN)

MiniDeathStar
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:53 pm

Post by MiniDeathStar »

I've been meaning to take a good hard look at culted and IamI since Yesterday, but I'm on vacation and another game was (and still is) kind of preoccupying me, so that'll have to come in gradually and in small segments. I'm sorry.

But feel totally free to check them yourselves in the meantime. I think Io might have been onto something there.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Why are you so attached to Io's reads over your own?
culted
culted
Mafia Scum
culted
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:52 am

Post by culted »

In post 974, MiniDeathStar wrote:Kairal, culted, IamI and massive claimed they didn't believe the claim.

Again. Notice a pattern?
What was believable about his claim?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:12 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 972, MiniDeathStar wrote:
In post 867, Gamma Emerald wrote:6 - Io: Dierfire, MiniDeathStar, Aj The Epic, HellloooNewman, -Grey-,
I Am Innocent, culted
In post 960, mhsmith0 wrote:Secret Agent Jin (6)
culted , I Am Innocent
, Flubbernugget , massive , -Grey- , Kairal LYNCH!
Either we were all absolutely totally wrong as town and scum didn't even need to wagon these people (and make themselves look bad), or scum decided to sponsor them a little bit.

Do you notice a certain pattern here?
Mafia theory time, regarding this and the 'who didn't believe the Newman claim' patterns you are pointing out.

Do scum usually vote together like I think you are trying to hint with me and culted?

Do scum usually like to be on all the town wagons? (Look at DGBs scumputer and it shows a greater correlation to being scum for players on some town wagons and off other town wagons)

Scum would have known Newman was town, so they would have likely believed his claim. So how would scum act? Once again I think you throw out patterns and assume 1, maybe 2 did not believe him and 1, maybe 2 scum did believe him. (Yes this assumes 3 scum total) like voting, scum are usually pretty careful to try to mix it up and blend in, not go all united together as you are hinting.

I did not like these posts by mini at all, but iso'ing her again I still think she is town. Misguided on me yeah but still prob town none the less.

Like I said I still want to check some voting histories and would like to ISO a few players if not all. Two players that I have not suspected much this game have recently caught my eye, tho one dropped a very strong early D1 town tell that is usually right :-/

More to come.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:17 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

Dierfire, saw you post elsewhere today, time to play this game.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:03 am

Post by massive »

The problem with doing ANY kind of votecount analysis is that .. well, we have a lot of holes in patterns due to the lack of votecounts in this game. Anyone who wants to use it is practically going to have to go back and redo a bunch of them.

Mini, it also doesn't count the fact that you are practically rushing the IO lynch yourself - you post this:
In post 851, MiniDeathStar wrote:I just love how nonchalant Io is at L-1.
between I Am Innocent's L-1 vote and Culted's hammer.

I'm not necessarily saying you're wrong, but I will also agree with IaI's post above, that if I were scum in that situation, I doubt I'd start the next day by sitting right next to my partner again, and certainly not in the very next post. (Their votes are 889 and 890 respectively.) (And 891 definitely doesn't make it seem like they're partners.)

If you want to do culted, though, I can get on board with that.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by Kairal »

massive's last post is pretty convincing. I agree that scum would probably not want to vote for the same person in such quick succession. On the other hand the day did end somewhat faster than people were expecting. It's not impossible they were planning to move their votes a little later on.

I also agree that scum would probably believe Newman - they know he's not on their team at the least. Given that they were planning to kill him anyway did they have any real reason to try and throw doubt on his claim? I don't really see the scum motive personally.

I think the main thing I want right now is to see a bit more from Shadow.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I mean it depends on their acting level. If it was cut and dry, everyone would do it one way or the other. The thing you don't expect is scum to counterclaim or scum to hammer vote after the claim.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Shadow_step »

So it seems I'm your next ml target Kairal?
I'l get caught up during the weekend.
Meanwhile what is everyone's read on Kairal?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:39 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Kairal's still solidly town. It's gonna take more than mild shade throwing to change that for me.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: MDS

Still sticking to my suspicions from before + her vca is awful

@Aj how is massive, who has avoided lynch for three days now, an easy push?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

He avoided lynches against people he agreed with (mostly) and are now all dead.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:54 am

Post by massive »

Never mind that, after spending two days voting for me, why are you suddenly willing to switch to my biggest scumread from those two days?
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

I'm not switching to Shadow, it's just his 'attack' on Kairal is weak and is a fish to start a wagon without doing anything himself.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Dierfire »

Here I am! I apologize for my absence--I am here now and not leaving until thoroughly caught up with this game (I have the remainder of the day at my disposal).
Kairal
Kairal
Goon
Kairal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Kairal »

In post 983, Shadow_step wrote:So it seems I'm your next ml target Kairal?
I'l get caught up during the weekend.
Meanwhile what is everyone's read on Kairal?
I'd like to hear more from you. I don't really have any kind of read on you right now.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 987, massive wrote:Never mind that, after spending two days voting for me, why are you suddenly willing to switch to my biggest scumread from those two days?
What do your scum reads have to do with mine?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Why do you want me to waste a third day pushing for your lynch when we've seen from experience it probably won't go through?
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Dierfire »

Easy stuff first!
---
The "slip" line from CloudKicker in is still unlikely from a Mafia player. The decreased activity level from Shadow_step is unfortunate but not suspicious in itself; my recollection and limited review of previous games supports the idea that Shadow_step is no less active as Mafia than as Town.
---
I Am Innocent was off of my radar for a long time, but now occupies a position that I'd consider among the stronger Town reads. Checking into my predecessor () is a level of effort that seems less likely to come from a Mafia player (also it's an unusual target for effort by a Mafia player).
---
In addition to all of my previous thoughts about Aj the Epic that still stand ( mostly), I'm now adding that Aj The Epic responds to Io as I would expect a Town player to. Some of this is difficult to phrase (relies on things like "tone" and "gut"), but I think that I can safely point to things like (very shortly after Io incorrectly attributes a read to Aj The Epic, he corrects her--this suggests a legitimately held read and familiarity with the thought process as opposed to a falsified thought process that needs checking before a response comes together).
---
My secondary tier consists of players like MiniDeathStar, Kairal, and culted. I was reading them as Town D1, but due to time/decay and my baseline assumption that I'm wrong about one or more of the players I was reading as Town, I'm less confident in these.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@MiniDeathStar
In post 971, MiniDeathStar wrote:By the way: I just finished a game where Kairal was scum and totally fooled me, so I'm no longer locktown on him. Just town.
I'm having a bit of difficulty reading Kairal myself. I thought that many things pointed toward Town alignment, but as I already have too many players as Town I've been fretting about things that I might have missed. How did Kairal deceive you in the previous game, and what implications does that have for your read in this game?
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@massive
In post 913, massive wrote:I don't have any issue with Dierfire. 656 is good townposting. Also I find his push on Io consistent even if ultimately wrong, which feels good to me.
I found this while reading over again, and I've two questions. What specifically did you like about my , and do you still like those things?
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@Flubbernugget
In post 985, Flubbernugget wrote:Still sticking to my suspicions from before + her vca is awful
I'm aware of several methodological problems with the VCA. As you believe that MiniDeathStar is Mafia, I assume that you find those problems likely to be intentional. What implications would you propose for the alignments of the players involved?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

*groan*

Considering how poorly executed the vca is, I would assume that Mini is pointing to two townies in it

Why does this matter considering MDS hasn't flipped?
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Dierfire »

I asked for two reasons.
The first was that MiniDeathStar pointed to two players as suspicious in the VCA of (I Am Innocent and culted) and four players as suspicious in relation to the claim from HellloooNewman in (those two plus massive and Kairal). Given my reads, I was not thinking that all four were likely to be Town, so I was more hoping than expecting that you would have some great insight into resolving that.
Given your previously stated objections to associations before flips, however, I was more realistically hoping to have you discuss your independent reads on those players.

Does that tentative supposition (MiniDeathStar is Mafia trying to unfairly implicate culted and I Am Innocent, who are both Town), match your independent reads?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

@DF can you ISO grey so that we can pseudo clear some people.
Also why do you think he was killed?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”