Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4425 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:21 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I thought magna's posting was OK, but nothing special. That slot has done basically nothing to generate a read, and so isn't a bad lynch. But I prefer Uzi. What do you think of Uzi?
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4426 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:29 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

oh! I wanted to note:

vecna's scumpings that I'd been receiving since early game completely disappeared once Titus was out of the game

I think it was ego-rubbings of 2 people who wanted to "guide" the game in directions they thought were correct and I was picking up that contentious energy. Vecna has jumped up to way-towny to me (doesn't quite have that giga or fishy clearance in my mind, but, he's definitely working on entering that echelon)

pretty sure Dunn is town

MB's scumpings keep on coming and they're now wading in the scumpool
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4427 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:55 am

Post by Maxous »

Magna had a terrible vote on creature and a bad vote on Uzi.
His scum reads after that were Vecna, Drone and Jackel. Yeah.
He also complained how bad gerryoat is while saying nothing about Maria
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4428 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:57 am

Post by Maxous »

Do I even need to explain milkshake..

If you want the real TL:DR - that slot has had 3 separate players, none of which had impressed me
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4429 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

See i subscribe to maxouses newsletter
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4430 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:21 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 4424, Vecna wrote:Still dont get either why people had such a strong read on magna. Slot was a complete blank since the start of the game as far as I'm concerned. At any rate, way to many of those slots left, and i have to many townreads for them not to be scumfested.
I agree with this. AA9 would be an acceptable lynch for me.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4431 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:24 am

Post by davesaz »

The game is almost at PoE level for me. Lynch everyone I don't have a town read on and adjust if any of them flip town.
Slight chance that a townread is skating but they'd need to be acting really hard to fit in.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #4432 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:33 am

Post by Kison »

The milkshake & McMenno slots are both pretty similar in how terrible they are. Both were on the Drone & Jackel wagons for essentially no reason at all.

The only thing that makes me hesitate to vote McMenno is I find it questionable that he, as scum, would have chosen to defend Maria on day 3 when the wagon was size 7, especially when he indicated during day 2 that he'd be willing to vote for her. It was incredibly clear at that point that she was going to be lynched, so it would have been easy to just cast the vote and hop aboard. Why choose (very weakly) to defend her there and draw attention to himself?

The only redeemable quality of Milkshake's slot was MoI, who only had a handful of early-game posts, so it's not saying much.

VOTE: ArcAngel9
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4433 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Currently leaning towards McMenno over AA9, simply because I prefer the wagon composition.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4434 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:17 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 4425, Fishythefish wrote:I thought magna's posting was OK, but nothing special. That slot has done basically nothing to generate a read, and so isn't a bad lynch. But I prefer Uzi. What do you think of Uzi?
uzi has a roller-coaster read from me

like logically i understand your points against him and want to agree - but his last few posts from today read really genuinely and I've been in his position as town before and felt similar so?? i kind of get his side

honestly he's my choice for a cop inspection because people still really want to lynch him and yet there's still strong opposition to his lynch

McMenno > AA9 > Uzi is my order of preference tbh

i see the AA9 wagon is larger now but i'd like to wait for AA9 to at least... post something?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4435 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:18 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

her v/la should end in like ~4 days iirc (january 2nd right) and we have 6 days of deadline time
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4436 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:38 am

Post by gerryoat »

In post 4431, davesaz wrote:The game is almost at PoE level for me. Lynch everyone I don't have a town read on and adjust if any of them flip town.
Slight chance that a townread is skating but they'd need to be acting really hard to fit in.
This sounds forced. You're just saying common logic
gerryoat
gerryoat
Survivor
gerryoat
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4437 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:38 am

Post by gerryoat »

Dave had pushed himself into my slight scum pool
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #4438 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:41 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 4433, Fishythefish wrote:Currently leaning towards McMenno over AA9, simply because I prefer the wagon composition.
what a sudden turnaround

hmmmmmmmmm
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4439 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Fishythefish »

A turnaround from what to what? I don't think that post contradicts anything I've said ever.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #4440 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:50 am

Post by McMenno »

what do you mean by that post
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4441 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:55 am

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 4438, McMenno wrote:
In post 4433, Fishythefish wrote:Currently leaning towards McMenno over AA9, simply because I prefer the wagon composition.
what a sudden turnaround

hmmmmmmmmm
Presumably, this post is saying that my 4433 (leaning towards you over AA9, if that is the choice today) is a change from my previous position, and that that's suspicious in some way you can't be bothered to explain.

Actually, 4433 isn't a "turnaround" at all. I've never said anything much on AA9, and Uzi is still my preferred lynch.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #4442 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by McMenno »

previously you made these posts
In post 4326, Fishythefish wrote:gerry and McMenno picked a fight with a decently town-read, fairly influential player. They did so in a way that had no prospect of leading to his lynch, before I turned up - which they could not have predicted. So I don't think there's a good scum motive here. I could see one of them being scum, following the other - from the initial neighbourhood posts, where gerry reacted first, that would likely be McM following gerry. But my instinct is that they are town here.
In post 4331, Fishythefish wrote:When and how did McMenno become obvious scum? Seems that we've all been calling him a little bit scummy for ages, and suddenly there's a real push on him. Where's it coming from?
indicating that you have a townread on me

and this one
In post 4425, Fishythefish wrote:I thought magna's posting was OK, but nothing special. That slot has done basically nothing to generate a read, and so isn't a bad lynch. But I prefer Uzi. What do you think of Uzi?
indicating that you have a nullread on the AA9 slot, even no read

yet you prefer my lynch over theirs. even throwing some weird-ass shade "and that's suspicious in some way you can't be bothered to explain."

and it doesn't matter that you've never specified the dynamics between myself and the AA9 slots, your posts are still in this thread
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #4443 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:06 pm

Post by McMenno »

VOTE: AA9

I have a newfound townread on dunn feels like scum!fishy wanted to set us up
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #4444 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by McMenno »

In post 4344, Fishythefish wrote:Vecna's post makes Grey an even better protect tonight; gives us two lynches tomorrow. And I can confirm that all diamonds are accounted for by those paying sufficient attention (which is a lot of attention).

UNVOTE:

With a lot on both sides Dunn's slip (or not) is one I struggle to be sure of the significance of.
The fact that I've failed to persuade a single strong townread likely means I'm way up the wrong tree.
(Still, I don't regret outing this. McMenno and gerry's way of doing this was only leading bad places)

VOTE: Uzi
also badposting to the extreme, though not necessarily alignment indicative
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4445 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:43 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

In post 4442, McMenno wrote:previously you made these posts
In post 4326, Fishythefish wrote:gerry and McMenno picked a fight with a decently town-read, fairly influential player. They did so in a way that had no prospect of leading to his lynch, before I turned up - which they could not have predicted. So I don't think there's a good scum motive here. I could see one of them being scum, following the other - from the initial neighbourhood posts, where gerry reacted first, that would likely be McM following gerry. But my instinct is that they are town here.
In post 4331, Fishythefish wrote:When and how did McMenno become obvious scum? Seems that we've all been calling him a little bit scummy for ages, and suddenly there's a real push on him. Where's it coming from?
indicating that you have a townread on me

and this one
indicating that you have a nullread on the AA9 slot, even no read

yet you prefer my lynch over theirs. even throwing some weird-ass shade "and that's suspicious in some way you can't be bothered to explain."

and it doesn't matter that you've never specified the dynamics between myself and the AA9 slots, your posts are still in this thread
Yep, I think your play today is a bit more likely from town than scum; though as I say in that post, scum following gerry's lead also makes sense. 4331 isn't saying I have a townread on you at all. Overall; yeah, from your posting I would probably have aa9 as marginally more likely scum. The fact that I townread your wagon much more consistently than his outweighs that.

As for weird-ass shade: I was saying, perhaps a little snarkily, that you should actually explain yourself rather than saying "hmmmmmmm".
In post 4443, McMenno wrote:VOTE: AA9

I have a newfound townread on dunn feels like scum!fishy wanted to set us up
Wait, what? I say I'd rather lynch you than aa9, and that leads to you changng your mind on dunn? Why?
In post 4444, McMenno wrote:
In post 4344, Fishythefish wrote:Vecna's post makes Grey an even better protect tonight; gives us two lynches tomorrow. And I can confirm that all diamonds are accounted for by those paying sufficient attention (which is a lot of attention).

UNVOTE:

With a lot on both sides Dunn's slip (or not) is one I struggle to be sure of the significance of.
The fact that I've failed to persuade a single strong townread likely means I'm way up the wrong tree.
(Still, I don't regret outing this. McMenno and gerry's way of doing this was only leading bad places)

VOTE: Uzi
also badposting to the extreme, though not necessarily alignment indicative
Care to explain?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4446 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VLA til Monday will catch up then
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4447 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:20 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4437, gerryoat wrote:Dave had pushed himself into my slight scum pool
Dave's town
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4448 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 4420, Fishythefish wrote:
In post 4407, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Your third observation proves the point I'm trying to make. Titus called me scum various times throughout that day for little to no reason at all. The only reason I would've had for voting for Maria would've been the same as the feelings I had about her Day 1. There was no way I was going to be able to get her or the rest of the town on board solely off of those feelings and with how hard she was scum reading me for thinking I was attempting to fish for cards. If anything, it would have only forced her to tunnel more since she was town reading Maria hard.
The problem is that a typical vote count on Day 2 looked like this:
In post 2891, Quipla wrote:
DAY 2 VOTECOUNT #8

Jackel98 (6)
- SpyreX, Titus, gigabyteTroubadour, milkshake, Fishythefish, kraska77
MariaR (3)
- davesaz, Dunnstral, Vecna
kraska77 (2)
- Kison, Vedith
Lil Uzi Vert (2)
- drealmerz7, gerryoat
davesaz (2)
- McMenno, Jackel98
milkshake (1)
- Vifam
drealmerz7 (1)
- Transcend
Vedith (1)
- MariaR
Titus (1)
- Maxous

Not Voting (1)
- Lil Uzi Vert

With 20 alive, it takes 11 to lynch.

Deadline is set for (expired on 2016-12-19 13:01:49)
The MariaR didn't need a prophet. It had three perfectly respectable voters already (in fact, it was rather high quality). It needed followers, and you were nowhere to be seen.

And the pressure on you from Titus was just not that extreme; it's roughly the level of you being one of 5 scumreads Titus had. This can't be shown in quotes - the best thing for people to do here is ISO Titus themselves. Does anyone really believe that a fear of Titus kept Uzi from voting Maria on Day 2? I find it obvious nonsense.
Did you read the town game I had linked you? I don't vote until I feel really good about the chances of the person I'm voting for flipping scum unless I'm forced to compromise.

Also, I don't recall Dave or Dunn being held in such high regard at the time.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4449 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Fishythefish »

No, I haven't read that game yet. I will try to summon the will tomorrow or the day after. And probably a fair point about Dave and Dunn at the time.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”