Micro 671: Nomination Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by implosion »

VOTE: BBmolla
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #4 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by implosion »

friends?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #14 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by implosion »

Unvote

VOTE: BTD6
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 7, BBmolla wrote:definitely how you'd start this game as scum tho, manipulate the shit out of me
long time no see to you too buddy
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 15, MariaR wrote:VOTE: BTD6

L-1

Please claim
Do you have a scumread on him, or are you voting for another reason?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #18 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by implosion »

Sorry, them*
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #35 (isolation #6) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:03 pm

Post by implosion »

Hi guys. I screwed up.

I see scum are clever though. The obvious thing would be to nominate me to get me lynched, but they didn't. Presumably to make it look like I am scum so I can get lynched on a non-nomination day.

I'm not really sure about anything just yet. I guess we *must* vote for one of the nominated players, even if we don't think any are scum.

I have a proposal: if you actually think one of the three is scum, vote them and be happy. But if you think all three choices are town, make a note of who you would vote for, if you had the option to vote for anybody.
So in other words, just play mafia normally. It's pretty common to not be able to lynch who you want to because of the way wagons form. This game just makes it explicit.

Curious to hear BB's thoughts on 33. I want to townread maria and possibly karnos but probably mostly for bad reasons. Maria's reaction to the hammer looks genuine but that doesn't mean it's town. I like her reaction to my vote as well. It's tempting to speculate about how many scum were nommed but it's probably pointless. I think the way to play this setup is to just play it as normal mafia, lynch whichever of the three is scummiest/would most likely be lynched tomorrow if we left them alive now. Obviously we shouldn't only comment on the people nominated.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #47 (isolation #7) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:47 am

Post by implosion »

In post 36, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: MariaR

I like Karnos post

I dislike Maria's. It's too formal.
What do you think of 33?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by implosion »

VOTE: BBmolla
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by implosion »

The past couple pages tend to make me further think maria+karnos town. Which if those reads are right leaves either scum bussing bbmolla or me + two scum voting for him. I'm quite uninclined to unvote bbmolla until he answers me.

I'll probably actually engage meaningfully with this game at some point in the future <_>
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #107 (isolation #10) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:18 am

Post by implosion »

BB has taken the low road of refusing to engage with the game and calling the least prolific person on his wagon scum without a lick of reasoning and resting on that laurel after saying "hey, maybe we're all town" at the beginning of the day. I really just don't see town motivation for it. Town-BB would consider the possibility that one of the two other people he could vote for today is scum. I talked about how we shouldn't just focus on the people we can vote for today but he's taking that idea to its extreme. He feels like scum whose plan coming into this day was to try to sow seeds of "i don't care if i die" by nominating himself and then proclaiming that they're all town and acting apathetic.

I just don't see him doing so little as town to engage at l-1 when I've reached out to him three times.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #114 (isolation #11) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:01 pm

Post by implosion »

My first inclination is towards vax/dom but that's probably too obvious. sigh. I need to rethink things.

@karnos: are there any reasons for you thinking they're the scumteam other than the individual scumreads you elucidated on them so far? What do you think of dom and of me in vacuums?
@Each of maria/vax: why do you think that? do you just have an individual townread on the other? Who do you think is his partner between me/karnos?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #126 (isolation #12) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:01 am

Post by implosion »

I'm sold.
VOTE: karnos
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #133 (isolation #13) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:01 am

Post by implosion »

No objection to releasing the thread.

I agree that this was a terrible test of the timepoints mechanic but despite that it worked pretty well. I do like it - the idea of short deadlines by default but players can extend them sort of gets the best of both worlds. It is noteworthy though not negative that it does give rise to additional alignment information (maria being scumread for extending it was interesting). In general there were a lot of things that I considered doing in this game at various points (bussing to any extent, using timepoints 20 minutes before the end of d2, switching from bb to vax, etc) but none of them ever seemed worth it with everyone looking in a different wrong direction. I really think the townies should have spent some timepoints d2 to extend the deadline. Though I guess it wouldn't have mattered if the lurking continued...
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #141 (isolation #14) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:13 pm

Post by implosion »

The quickhammer wagon wasn't especially likely to have an above-average amount of scum on it. Sure, the quickhammer might have been scum-motivated, but scum putting someone at l-2 or l-1 isn't generally doing it for the sake of hoping someone quickhammers. It certainly wasn't my intent when I voted him; I voted btd6 there because I was able to justify it and I was trying to emulate my town play, and I think I'd have made the vote as town. I might have unvoted as town after Maria voted, but I'm not sure.

Point is, there are town these days (myself included) who will happily see an RVS wagon hit L-1 without a hammer. It usually gets good relatively indicative information and gets people off their asses and doing things. So the wagon itself isn't necessarily scum-driven, nor is, as we can see, the hammer.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #142 (isolation #15) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:18 pm

Post by implosion »

In practice the result of this d1 for town was essentially nothing to work with, including from our nominations. They were somewhat arbitrary within the realm of 2 town 1 scum, which is, I'd wager (at least psychologically), the safest move because even if town correctly guesses the ratio, it doesn't give them much to work with. The wagon was sort of meaningless, even if only sort of (people really
should
have dug into it at least a bit but alas). Since I never had any reason to distance or bus on d2 the town was basically working from 4 people having to all figure out that they should vote maria which is an unlikely proposition especially given that some people seemed to grow apathetic because they thought the nominations were all town. And then d2 went by so quickly (because no one extended it) that d3 had barely anything more to go on than d2, just a bigger lynch pool and bb's flip.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”