Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4475 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4474, -Grey- wrote:I have no idea what Dunn's alignment is. He could be Scum. I don't know. But saying I have to be scum with him is pure Grade A thesis level quality work.
Fixed for you :)
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4476 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4475, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4474, -Grey- wrote:I have no idea what Dunn's alignment is. He could be Scum. I don't know. But saying I have to be scum with him is pure Grade A thesis level quality work.
Girl.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4477 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

interesting how math doesn't change the part where grey says he doesn't know dunn's alignment

i think that's a scumslip guys :good: ;) :)

grey you pointed something out and asked if anyone else saw it but never followed up on exactly what it was. pulling up the quote
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4478 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:49 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4476, -Grey- wrote:
In post 4475, MathBlade wrote:
Person.
Fixed for you again.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4479 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:50 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4477, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:interesting how math doesn't change the part where grey says he doesn't know dunn's alignment

i think that's a scumslip guys :good: ;) :)

grey you pointed something out and asked if anyone else saw it but never followed up on exactly what it was. pulling up the quote
Hahaha that is a joke.

I didn't change that part because it was obvious from the intent what I was doing and I am phone posting.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4480 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:50 pm

In post 4409, -Grey- wrote:
In post 4356, Dunnstral wrote:I don't want to lynch angel because I know she's in 2 neighborhoods and I don't know if it's likely scum would be in those, though MOI picked it so I guess it's possible. We have an active hood right now and she hasn't posted anything in it.
Bringing this back up because I want to see if anyone else notices what I did.

If not, I'm prob paranoid.
is there a reason you don't want to explain unless someone points it out bc i hate when i miss things :?

@Math, i dont think grey was calling you a girl, like how sometimes just say "girl please" or "oh boy" but i feel you tbh
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4481 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:51 pm

*sometimes people say

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4482 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:55 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4480, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 4356, Dunnstral wrote:I don't want to lynch angel because I know she's in 2 neighborhoods and I don't know if it's likely scum would be in those, though MOI picked it so I guess it's possible. We have an active hood right now and she hasn't posted anything in it.

is there a reason you don't want to explain unless someone points it out bc i hate when i miss things :?
I don't know if it's likely scum would be in those, though MOI picked it so I guess it's possible.
Pay attention to that wording. Does that sound like town phrasing?
I don't know if it's likely scum would be in those, though town picked it so I guess it's possible.
Does that make any sense at all? Does town picking two neighborhoods justify on its own scum picking two neighborhoods?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4483 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Man I thought I was the lesbian. With all those chainsaws Grey you should run a Home Depot.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4484 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4483, MathBlade wrote:Man I thought I was the lesbian. With all those chainsaws Grey you should run a Home Depot.
No context thread post game this. :$
GTKAS -- MathBlade
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4485 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:58 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4484, MathBlade wrote:
In post 4483, MathBlade wrote:Man I thought I was the lesbian. With all those chainsaws Grey you should run a Home Depot.
No context thread post game this. :$
Mind if I sig it post-game? :P
---
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4486 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Sure but you still be scums. It is a scum Home Depot. You kill people with Chainsaws. Poor Titus was dismembered by an orange chainsaw.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4487 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Happy New Year!!!!
GTKAS -- MathBlade
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4488 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:01 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Happy New Year!
---
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4489 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4453, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Image

to be tbh honest i have nothing else to really say until AA9 posts something game-advancing

happy new year everyone ♡♡
I liked this post, by the way
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4490 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4482, -Grey- wrote:
In post 4480, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:

I don't know if it's likely scum would be in those, though MOI picked it so I guess it's possible.
Pay attention to that wording. Does that sound like town phrasing?
I don't know if it's likely scum would be in those, though town picked it so I guess it's possible.
Does that make any sense at all? Does town picking two neighborhoods justify on its own scum picking two neighborhoods?
:?: Not sure what you're on about
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4491 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:17 pm

In post 4482, -Grey- wrote:Pay attention to that wording. Does that sound like town phrasing?
I don't see why not...?

MOI chose to be in the hearts neighborhood and the spades neighborhood. I can see why Dunn would think that scum are unlikely to pick those cards - hearts has doctors, the card revives, and royalty vigs. The first two I definitely think are town picks (especially now that we know that revives are mostly public), and I'd argue the vigs are town picks too because once scum claims to have a vig shot, they have to make sure they don't make "scummy" kills they can't justify. Spades has PGO (something town!MoI definitely wants), Jailkeeper (which functions as a protective most of the time in this set-up since there aren't any doctors active during that trump), and Card Cop (maybe this is scummy?? i think town would want a rolecop too though).

So, basically the way I'm reading that is Dunn thinks the MoI's picks were towny (which I'm inclined to agree with), but since it's MoI he's likely not going to want to pick extremely scummy cards since he's going to be targetted by cardcops and be a person of interest at some point in the game, especially if he lives for a while and people get paranoid. So even scum!MoI is likely to pick the same cards.

there's also the point that I think scum!MoI would make good use of neighborhoods
In post 4482, -Grey- wrote:Does that make any sense at all? Does town picking two neighborhoods justify on its own scum picking two neighborhoods?
MoI is AA9 - he's saying that we should take into account that since MoI picked those cards, it would be cards that would be optimal for MoI's playstyle (example, MoI's unlikely to pick something like the 2 of hearts, while me picking it makes a lot of sense). Changing MoI to "town" doesn't really make sense here because it's MoI/AA9's alignment in question.
In post 4489, Dunnstral wrote:I liked this post, by the way
believe it or not i made the template for that picture for 649

just that creature protecting KTS when i vigged him prevented me from saying "I've been dropping hints that I'm confirmed town"

although i decided not to push it and change it to "I want to lynch Vedith" because Chrimi died and annoying her by being conftown was like half the fun of posting it

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4492 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:46 pm

actually you know what

what bothers me MOST about the -grey- push (and the dunn one to a lesser extent but they're being pushed together so)

is that it doesn't take into account Kraska's play whatsoever, which was stupidly obviously town. like i want someone who scumreads -Grey- to stop using the ""objectivity"" of a supposed slip as a crutch and actually develop a read on that slot because there's basically zero reason to scumread it besides the poor choice of vig if you want to be generous. Why is
kraska
scum? How did that play benefit a scum wincondition over a town one? Because I really cannot see the answer on my own.

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4493 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:54 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 4491, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I don't see why not...?
Hence the reason I didn't harp on about it.

I figured I must be missing something if nobody else was seeing it. I thought MOI was French for "I".
---
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4494 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:58 pm

also drealmerz's mcmenno ISO is refreshing to see tbh

i personally question how fruitful sitting on a wagon on someone who's likely to not say anything for a while is

I've been scumreading McMenno's slot all game and I really have to wonder why it never has been pushed until I had to start strongarming it now, especially considering how LHF McMenno typically is considered. I feel like people have said little about WHY he's town (Kison i think was the only person to explain) yet there's resistance to the lynch... Some discourse here would help but I don't really know how to jumpstart it — I'm usually shitty at articulating earlygame scumreads because I rely really heavily on tone, and McMenno's "claim scum" shtick just reads more like a caricature... From past experience and looking at finished games too he just reads really "off". But someone sounding "off" isn't a case .-.

point is... i still really haven't got a solid answer from the wagon's opposition on why they're opposed to it
-Grey- wrote:
In post 4491, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I don't see why not...?
Hence the reason I didn't harp on about it.

I figured I must be missing something if nobody else was seeing it. I thought MOI was French for "I".
lmfao i think that's the second time that's happened this game

We should start using Magna, much less confusing :laugh:

anyway it's like 4 am so i'm going to stop ranting about this game zzzz

Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4495 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:31 pm

Post by Vecna »

Happy new year guys. Still have a whole bunch to read up on which will have to come later.

Still on a trip untill the fourth.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4496 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:06 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 4461, MathBlade wrote:I still don't see why people are making cases about anyone other than Dunn at this point. Either one of two things happened:

1) Dunn scumslipped.
2) Dunn was framed for the scumslip.

I don't see Dunn randomly saying kill Titus especially.....(phone posting)
Menno and Dunn are getting double-lynched 2moro when we sort out our card revives.

Angel today
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4497 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

...I don't see the value of lynching a lurker over a scumslip.

Yes there are the card revives but I have heard that something is going to happen tomorrow and then minds change. I want scum now. Angel is a policy lynch of inactivity far as I am concerned and with no case my vote stays on Dunn.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4498 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:42 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4492, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:actually you know what

what bothers me MOST about the -grey- push (and the dunn one to a lesser extent but they're being pushed together so)

is that it doesn't take into account Kraska's play whatsoever, which was stupidly obviously town. like i want someone who scumreads -Grey- to stop using the ""objectivity"" of a supposed slip as a crutch and actually develop a read on that slot because there's basically zero reason to scumread it besides the poor choice of vig if you want to be generous. Why is
kraska
scum? How did that play benefit a scum wincondition over a town one? Because I really cannot see the answer on my own.
No. Kraska's play is actually really scummy.

Kraska joked around with Maria R about drawing scum which is usually a scum tell. Puts Maria as a scumread yet pushes Transcend repeatedly. Kraska's ISO looks like OMG I called Maria scum a lot pwease give me townie points. Most of Kraska's early ISO is just large annoying spam. Not seeing the towniness.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4499 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:44 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 4497, MathBlade wrote: I want scum now.
great. so do i

which is why we're lynching the slot where
three separate players
have been scummy.

even if dunn is scum, the AA9 slot is too
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”