Pick Your Power: Double Deck (GAME OVER)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4500 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:47 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2734, kraska77 wrote:Ok call me crazy but I have reservations about that "inno"
If rb felt the need to go as far as cop transcend then why would he attack me today for suspecting transcend too? Rather than tell me to back off and hint at an inno?

:/

@giga
Doubtcasting the cop and when that didn't work killed him.

@Maxous -- No three separate slots haven't. Two slots have lurkered over the holidays which is NAI. Magna is the only one that could have any semblance of a case and that is so far old as to be almost irrelevant. I hate when people lynch lurkers and call them scummy for it. Most of the time if those lynches go through it is on Town and a waste of time when people could be scum hunting.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #4501 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:12 am

Post by davesaz »

We're not lynching the guy who revived a town card to a town player, while there is still potential revive action to be gained.
If he's scum, which I don't believe for a second anyway, we can lynch him last.

I'm beginning to think that MathBlade is scum tunneling the player most dangerous to scum.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4502 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4328, MathBlade wrote:@Fishy --- If you knew Titus like I do I would know why Dunn would kill Titus. That to me is a scumslip.

@Davesaz -- That is terribad. If he is scum the answer is lynch it always. You don't trade a scumlynch for information. Iioa kills townies. Don't do itssss.
Then Dunn campaigns for McMenno and then abandons that campaign when it wouldn't happen to do what exactly?

You know my scum play you were scum with me in Gistou. This is not that. I don't attract heat as scum.

Yes we are. Because guess what McMenno isn't Town and one of the cards talked about being revived is a fucking 7 which if I remember correctly stealth vigs are a 7 card. I am very much opposed to people calling mechanics townie. I got Towncred in Shadowrun for claiming JK on day one and blocking the person I claimed to. Like seriously. Mechanics are just mechanics. You use mechanics to find liars and confirm Town. Not to declare someone is townie. That mistake got made in 1800 where Karnos was not lynched simply because he claimed Neopolitan. That was the only reason most people supplied. I cannot sit idly by while people call cards protown or proscum. Actions are done for reasons and instead of calling an action townie you should be asking why they did it.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4503 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4458, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 4443, McMenno wrote:VOTE: AA9

I have a newfound townread on dunn feels like scum!fishy wanted to set us up
So why are you voting AA9?
Look at this. Dunn voted me but is preparing a vote shift onto AA9 when time becomes "inevitable". Dunn asked what is quite literally a softball question to someone he supposedly scumreads. What the ever loving fuck? I attack Dunn; Dunn votes me. That doesn't scare me so Grey chainsaws.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4504 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:34 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4501, davesaz wrote:We're not lynching the guy who revived a town card to a town player, while there is still potential revive action to be gained.
If he's scum, which I don't believe for a second anyway, we can lynch him last.

I'm beginning to think that MathBlade is scum tunneling the player most dangerous to scum.
Furthermore I no likey this post here at all. All it is is a discredit. If you think I be scums prod me. Oh wait you can't because you want your vote on McMenno riiight. Who is also supposedly getting lynched tomorrow yet Maxous doesn't fucking ask you guys. No Maxous asks me.

Omg y'all are frustrating me.

ArcAngel was prodded. Let ArcAngel get replaced.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #4505 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:31 am

Post by Kison »

In post 4465, MathBlade wrote:
In post 3902, Dunnstral wrote:I want to lynch kison
Take a look at here. So soon after he said Titus was stupid for the Kison read he turns around and wants to lynch Kison. Note the word choice. Not kill. Lynch. This implies heavily that Dunn has a kill or a teammate who does.
What do you make of him using "kill" in these two posts?
In post 631, Dunnstral wrote:VOTE: Transcend

Worth killing even if he's town with that cop disabler tbh
In post 3595, Dunnstral wrote:kresko thinks she can slip by like a snake (✿◠‿◠)

hey don't worry we can kill titus next
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4506 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

Scummy as fuck on the first one. In that one he doesn't even list a reason for scum reading Transcend but advocates it because of something else on his card. Again cards are NAI and if Town doesn't mislynch off of that then they can kill him later. It shows intent. It is also a way of having a read without having to do effort.

That would be Dunn bragging about his buddy. Notice how Kraska aka Grey is sneaking by. Look at how cheeky it is. And the claim Titus kill that happened.

I think it is more reinforcement Dunn is scums.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4507 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:12 am

Post by Fishythefish »

I think that's quite a stretch. I think those posts show that Dunn uses the word "kill" to mean "lynch". Which is unusual in my (out-of-date) experience, but much more likely than any other explanation.

VOTE: McMenno

The AA9 wagon has about 4/6 players in my PoE scumpool (LUV, Spyrex, Kison, McM). The McMenno wagon has none. Both are decent lynches. The choice is clear.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4508 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

Stretch my ass. *sigh*
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4509 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:10 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 4508, MathBlade wrote:Stretch my ass. *sigh*
:O
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4510 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:10 am

Post by MathBlade »

Again no context thread...wow just wow.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4511 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:17 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

What is
red
and
green
and goes 500mph?

Spoiler: ?
A
f
r
o
g
i
n
a
b
l
e
n
d
e
r
balance among all things
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4512 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:22 am

Post by MathBlade »

.....?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4513 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:24 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

have a look into my brain:

I was thinking "is MB scum or town? scum or town? green or red? green, red, green, red, green, red" it made me think of an old joke

and so I shared it
balance among all things
Quipla
Quipla
Goon
Quipla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4514 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Quipla »

DECK x 38 - TRUMP x 1 - DISCARD PILE x 22

DAY 4 VOTECOUNT #7

ArcAngel9 (6)
- Maxous, Lil Uzi Vert, SpyreX, Vecna, Kison, McMenno
McMenno (5)
- gigabyteTroubadour, -Grey-, drealmerz7, davesaz, Fishythefish
Dunnstral (2)
- gerryoat, Mathblade
Mathblade (1)
- Dunnstral

Not Voting (2)
- ArcAngel9, TheWayItEnds

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline is set for (expired on 2017-01-06 08:05:15).
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4515 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Spoiler: 4498
In post 4498, MathBlade wrote:Kraska joked around with Maria R about drawing scum which is usually a scum tell.
i mean i already remember that i couldn't find examples of this because i read kraska's iso this game when i'm bored

but can you site sources of where you thought this happened

((also note that mcmenno has done this))
In post 4498, MathBlade wrote:Puts Maria as a scumread yet pushes Transcend repeatedly.
that was day 1 only? and even during most of day 1 she was townreading Maria

after rb's death implied town!Transcend and people lost interest in the case she pushed elsewhere but ok
In post 4498, MathBlade wrote:Kraska's ISO looks like OMG I called Maria scum a lot pwease give me townie points.
i'm not really seeing where the appeal for towncred is coming from? she scumread scum and pushed it, that nets towncred no matter what.
In post 4498, MathBlade wrote:Most of Kraska's early ISO is just large annoying spam. Not seeing the towniness.
i mean past RVS those "large annoying spam" posts where still game relevant, plus shitposting is good material for getting tonal reads imo

kraska reads as more engaged in the game even when she's shitposting which is usually a towntell for her. the way she reads the game and articulates herself reads more naturally then, say, it did in Cowboy Bebop.

plus i've never seen her push a bus on her partner for absolutely no tactical advantage (let alone some tactical advantage, i don't think she has ever actually gotten a bus through (i guess Skrub was close but he was never lynched))

In post 4500, MathBlade wrote:Doubtcasting the cop and when that didn't work killed him.
transcend wasn't killed because he was a cop inno, he was killed because he had a deck rigger

nor do i really see the scum motivation in doubtcasting a cop inno... rb didn't outright claim that transcend was his inno and there was always room for doubt (like Uzi pointing out it could have been gerry, although now we know that that's most likely from being in the diamonds hood). yeah you can posture it her just wanting a mislynch to go through but that's just as likely as it being her thinking her read is correct and thinking that rb may have picked a different target.

maybe if i'm feeling generous this thought would make more sense if transcend were killed while kraska was in the game but i still feel like reading this game in your perspective is trying to force a narrative that doesn't quite mesh with what happened.

also on the point of cards being NAI, I agree with you and the lynch history of this town shows that we do too... we lynched a claimed cop (Maria) and decided to spare a governor (you) despite the paranoia about governor being in scum's hands. but in the case of a card like the Jack of Diamonds, it's just such a bad pick as scum that the towncred you would get from it doesn't outweigh the negative utility of being a lover AND giving town double lynches. that and the two of hearts (IC) are the only card that should even be considered "town picks" imo

and fyi math, people aren't townreading dunn for having the 7 of hearts and using it in a pro-town way (at least I'm not), lynching him is just bad play for today because tomorrow, 7s will be in trumps and we want to use the card revives again. he could be scum, but scum!Dunn still cooperates with town in that scenario and there's really no reason to not leash him in that case. after all, if dunn actually IS scum for "slipping the nk" then you should absolutely vote -Grey- here instead (although people want the double lynch tomorrow so).

there are also no plans to revive any 7 card and i don't know where you heard that from?? the scum pt?? (seriously i can't imagine where else you would hear that). we're probably going to see what result vecna gets from card spying before planning out revives.

also
... just because maxous says we're doing one thing doesn't mean that's what town's going to do... personally i think tomorrow we should use the lights-out-lynching to get Spyrex (necessary policy lynch if he's town, and there have been points raised against him anyway) and vote normally for the normal lynch. but that's just, like, my opinion.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4516 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:40 pm

Post by Maxous »

what points have been brought up about SpyreX?
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4517 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 4516, Maxous wrote:what points have been brought up about SpyreX?
arguably the worst vote on the Maria wagon yesterday

actually now that i think of it that might be the only point

kison and i were pushing on that until the beloved/double-hated claim came out

meaning that spyrex should be lynched on a day other than a spades-trump day (unless there's a benefit to skipping a night phase??)
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4518 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:52 pm

Post by Maxous »

i get that.

i gut read SpyreX as town but i'm finding it hard to back it up with much
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4519 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:18 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I've not been a paragon of town but that's OK cause i mechanically have to die.
I just wanted to shoot someone but
Alas
It wasnt in the cards
Rimshot
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #4520 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And maria with how easy that wagon went should have made most at least a little paranoid
Hence.my.saying the comparison of the two days should yield at least a scum
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4521 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

@Giga I thought there was a heart and a diamond talking about being revived. I was phone posting at the time and may have typed the wrong number.

Voting Grey here to me makes sense if it is a blank slate. However Grey based on a post seems to be a competent player and if I am wrong we lose a vig if Grey is town. I would rather confirm I am right and then lynch Grey rather than remove the vig if I am wrong.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #4522 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Not sure why people are talking about SpyreX either here. It looks like shopping to see what mislynches could happen. Focus on your scumread. Only if you find something that shows they are Town is deviation acceptable.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4523 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:38 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 4520, SpyreX wrote:And maria with how easy that wagon went should have made most at least a little paranoid
Hence.my.saying the comparison of the two days should yield at least a scum
^^
balance among all things
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4524 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:39 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 4496, Maxous wrote:
In post 4461, MathBlade wrote:I still don't see why people are making cases about anyone other than Dunn at this point. Either one of two things happened:

1) Dunn scumslipped.
2) Dunn was framed for the scumslip.

I don't see Dunn randomly saying kill Titus especially.....(phone posting)
Menno and Dunn are getting double-lynched 2moro when we sort out our card revives.

Angel today
huh?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”