Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 11, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #150  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:59 pm

In post 147, Creature wrote:
In post 21, Creature wrote:When to claim

Sometimes claiming might not be ideal. If you're a PR, you'll most likely be nightkilled/roleblocked (if there's one) next night. If you're a VT, you'll help scum narrow down the list of PRs.

There are some situations where you should claim:
  • When you're at L-1 and someone declares intent.
  • When you got an incriminating result (or you feel you got).
  • When you feel there's no reason to not claim anymore.
  • When town agrees on a massclaim.


I disagree. I think there are times in which one should claim when they are at L2/1 even before someone declares intent. I'll expand on that later.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #151  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:59 pm

And if you declare intent, then it's sorta like "you would've hammered", even if it's pretty early.
Every idiot has the right to be a man and you should use that privilege

ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 11, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #152  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:00 pm

We have more than 14 days. No reason to hammer yet.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.

schadd_
Smooth Operator
Smooth Operator
 
User avatar
Joined: December 28, 2016
Location: out front
Pronoun: He

Post Post #153  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:00 pm

feels too calculated to me

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #154  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:02 pm

Two players yet have to post...
Every idiot has the right to be a man and you should use that privilege

schadd_
Smooth Operator
Smooth Operator
 
User avatar
Joined: December 28, 2016
Location: out front
Pronoun: He

Post Post #155  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:03 pm

we also definitely have less than 14 days

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #156  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:03 pm

Thinkbig if you're actually town and just happened to check the thread via phone 10 minutes after I voted and overreacted based on an l-2 because you were on mobile and couldn't read and claimed because you didnt have time to respond because you weren't home yet and you also have your own personal theory that people should claim at l-2 without intent I've never heard about, I think I hate both you and my luck.
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #157  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:04 pm

In post 153, schadd_ wrote:feels too calculated to me


what, the claim?

(lack of quotes sometimes makes it unclear what people are talking about but i'm a chronic shitposter/hyperposter at times so i'm kind of a hypocrite here)

schadd_ wrote:we also definitely have less than 14 days


splitting hairs, the point is valid even if TB is scum because

Creature wrote:Two players yet have to post...


Raskolnikov wrote:Thinkbig if you're actually town and just happened to check the thread via phone 10 minutes after I voted and overreacted based on an l-2 because you were on mobile and couldn't read and claimed because you didnt have time to respond because you weren't home yet and you also have your own personal theory that people should claim at l-2 without intent I've never heard about, I think I hate both you and my luck.


also this :dead: :dead: :dead:
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #158  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 pm

gigabyte has anyone ever compared you to aristo before?
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

ThinkBig
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 11, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #159  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 pm

In post 156, Raskolnikov wrote:Thinkbig if you're actually town and just happened to check the thread via phone 10 minutes after I voted and overreacted based on an l-2 because you were on mobile and couldn't read and claimed because you didnt have time to respond because you weren't home yet and you also have your own personal theory that people should claim at l-2 without intent I've never heard about, I think I hate both you and my luck.


In my games, I tend to overreact to pressure and votes. Especially when I am at L-2 with 14 days left in the DP.
I have officially retired this account. My new account is Virtuoso.

GAYreenHamster
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #160  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:05 pm

i saw your guys' point giga and rask, i have been a little screwy with my lynching... Meh, not gonna put at L-1 without a reason

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #161  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:08 pm

UNVOTE:

This isn't going to be as easy as it looked.
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

GAYreenHamster
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #162  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:08 pm

how so rask?

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #163  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:09 pm

In post 158, Raskolnikov wrote:gigabyte has anyone ever compared you to aristo before?


Gamma Emerald thought I was an alt of his because I compared myself to a statue of Vladimir Lenin

but other than that no

GAYreenHamster wrote:i saw your guys' point giga and rask, i have been a little screwy with my lynching... Meh, not gonna put at L-1 without a reason


i mean if you agree with our points that's fine but usually being a bit more open about that thought process helps your vote not look opportunistic

definitely on-board with not L-1ing people without reason though

@TB, you've played scum before right? Like alone (not in a hydra, there was that game with Kain Tepes but hydras are poop for meta)? i forgot tbh
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

schadd_
Smooth Operator
Smooth Operator
 
User avatar
Joined: December 28, 2016
Location: out front
Pronoun: He

Post Post #164  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:09 pm

In post 157, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 153, schadd_ wrote:feels too calculated to me

what, the claim?

yuh. {claim before catching up} :right: {assert against the grain that there can be reasons to claim at l-2} rubs me the wrong way

In post 157, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
schadd_ wrote:we also definitely have less than 14 days


splitting hairs, the point is valid even if TB is scum because

Creature wrote:Two players yet have to post...


sure

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #165  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:11 pm

hmm...

that's actually a valid point
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

GAYreenHamster
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #166  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:11 pm

In post 163, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 158, Raskolnikov wrote:gigabyte has anyone ever compared you to aristo before?


Gamma Emerald thought I was an alt of his because I compared myself to a statue of Vladimir Lenin

but other than that no

GAYreenHamster wrote:i saw your guys' point giga and rask, i have been a little screwy with my lynching... Meh, not gonna put at L-1 without a reason


i mean if you agree with our points that's fine but usually being a bit more open about that thought process helps your vote not look opportunistic

definitely on-board with not L-1ing people without reason though

Noted giga, and thanks for the tip :D
@TB, you've played scum before right? Like alone (not in a hydra, there was that game with Kain Tepes but hydras are poop for meta)? i forgot tbh

GAYreenHamster
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #167  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:13 pm

rip i put my comment in the quote XD

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #168  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:14 pm

In post 162, GAYreenHamster wrote:how so rask?

Thinkbig's statement makes me think I should meta him but I really can't be bothered atm, I hate meta diving especially d1.

You were going to put him l-1 without any reason or a scumread apparently, and one of my other townreads I'm not so sure on either.

Still need those two others to say something too
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

GAYreenHamster
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #169  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:16 pm

In post 168, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 162, GAYreenHamster wrote:how so rask?

Thinkbig's statement makes me think I should meta him but I really can't be bothered atm, I hate meta diving especially d1.

You were going to put him l-1 without any reason or a scumread apparently, and one of my other townreads I'm not so sure on either.

Still need those two others to say something too


I had a slight reason for shadd_, but its been disproved so might as well...

UNVOTE: shadd_

GAYreenHamster
Townie
 
User avatar
Joined: December 27, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #170  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:19 pm

Ill be back, gtg have dinner

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #171  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:20 pm

you can't prove or disprove anything in a mafia game really gayreen

there's nothing wrong with having your own reads even if they go against the grain you know.... like it's fine you agree with our points but i feel like you're being a little too sheepy

like normally i'd be scumreading you for that but A: I kind of know your play as scum and it doesn't feel like it here, and B: your pointing out the soft was just really derptown

GAYreenHamster wrote:Ill be back, gtg have dinner


aight~
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #172  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:20 pm

1 me, 3 townreads, 1 townlean, 2 iffy, 2 unexistent
Every idiot has the right to be a man and you should use that privilege

schadd_
Smooth Operator
Smooth Operator
 
User avatar
Joined: December 28, 2016
Location: out front
Pronoun: He

Post Post #173  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:22 pm

In post 171, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:~

:dead:

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #174  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:22 pm

am i unexistent :dead:

i'm actually curious as to what those reads are if you don't mind sharing them

specifically the townlean
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games