Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #10200 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:58 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10197, Ankamius wrote:I also thought of a possibility since the fact that there is a specific person that supposedly brings dead players to wherever the dead people go:

It might be possible that Maxous is still in the game, just not publicly.

Sure....And he's writing all of my posts. /sarcasm

The mod posts who is alive in the Vote Counts. Mod doesn't directly lie. Maxous is dead.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10201 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Current Vote Count:
(0) Giovanni il Pellegrino
(2) MathBlade -- Almost50, Ankamius
(0) PeregrineV
(0) Nahdia
(0) Ankamius
(0) BigYoshiFan
(1) Almost50 -- MathBlade
(0) JaeReed

Not Voting: Giovanni il Pellegrino, PeregrineV, Nahdia, BigYoshiFan, JaeReed

See all the votes available. Assume Maxous is still alive he'd have a vote.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10202 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10196, JaeReed wrote:But why would a Nahdia red flip make me scum too? I'm not following that in the slightest.

Why is it not plausible to you that the killings are coming from the followers and Maxous had the kill prior as an SK/Cult Creator upon death type role, which got passed down to his faction?

I don't like that you're SK hunting over scum hunting. I believe the killings are coming from the scum faction, which we now have evidence actually exists and that their roles are irrelevant.

Oh and also Nahdia visited you. If she was a roleblocker it was a waste of a check. Like if Nahdia was scum it's quite possibly the worst move Nahdia could have done.

I'm killer hunting. I have to eliminate all non town. They are all of equal importance to me.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10203 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:04 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10199, MathBlade wrote:Because I checked you as VT post Maxous. If you were not a VT you wouldn't have given me a VT check. So Nahdia and you scum is ridiculous.
No, that means ME scum is ridiculous. Why did you say if Nahdia's scum it is with me? Why can Nahdia not be scum without it being with me?
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10204 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by JaeReed »

CFJ believed that the follower faction could have existed prior to Maxous flip due to the way Cakez distributed his actions and the inventions he possessed, ftr.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10205 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 10200, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10197, Ankamius wrote:I also thought of a possibility since the fact that there is a specific person that supposedly brings dead players to wherever the dead people go:

The mod posts who is alive in the Vote Counts. Mod doesn't directly lie. Maxous is dead.
Are you forgetting that this is a bastard game and his role already has some bizarre elements to it?

Him only existing in a PT isn't outside the realm of possibility.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10206 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:34 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Other things in the hood CFJ said overnight since I'm pretty sure we have to have scum in there anyway:

He was pretty sure SirCakez was trying to mislynch A50, and felt he had to stop the A50 wagon because of it.
Part of the SirCakez scumread was from associatives with MathBlade, because Math looked like they really wanted A50 lynched and to stop the SirCakez lynch by any means despite the arguments making no logical sense and trying to look like they weren't doing that at the same time.
He believed the standard red colour of SirCakez flip implied it was the primary scum team.
He believed it was possible, maybe probable that Gaster recruited a normal scumteam upon death, and this is implied because he was caught first out of the scum. Cakez role seems more like a role that CFJ thought the cult believed would be a good role to convert.
He believed we could have had a normal scumteam the whole time, possibly 4 or 5 to start, meaning 2 or 3 left, themed around Gaster and Maxous was a kind of self-Janitor. Backed by janitor flips normally being in a different color to avoid giving away information. He said usually they're grey, but he thought the general theme of the wingdings messages meant purple would make sense too. This theory fits in well with how his reads are throughout the game but requires most of the odd happenings to be explained as scum trolling, and he wasn't sure the game balance would add up there. He floated maybe there's groupscum who can't kill including Maxous, and a third party who can.

He was skeptical about Nahdia being confirmed to be able to roleblock confirming them as town from what I can gather.

He explained why Ank not hammering either large wagon yesterday was a strong indication he isn't third-party, and how his questions were intended to figure out whether Ank was third party. Ank's answers struck him as really town. He said a groupscum Ank could have hammered A50 without anything thinking badly of him and it'd have been the best move for him as scum to do so with the counter on cakez starting. Ank explicitly stated he would be willing to hammer A50 if he thought he was scum, basically.

He agreed with Nahdia that the created Maxous faction is the scum team, and said it wasn't clear still whether it was something created on a night by night with delayed recruitment or whether it was created upon lynch, or standard cult turned mafia upon Maxous lynch. He said depending on the answer the potential teams change a fair bit.

He said the players implying it was likely Maxous victory chances died with him was an unlikely conclusion to draw and it'd be convenient if you were cult or in a pre-existing Maxous faction.
He said delayed recruitment seems implausible from a balance perspective and the timing with the delay before night is consistent with creation upon lynch, but it's possible we've had a single group all along at like 4 players with the advantage of a misleading town roleset.

He said Math scum plus Gio town doesn't work if the recruitment setup is a delayed night by night recruitment.

Of note: He wanted examples of Math using bad reasoning to read people as town to see if it was plausible. When I provided such he didn't provide much apart from admitting Math's failure of reasoning is evident there as well. He also said he read through Nahdia scum in the game I provided and still had nothing more than a nullread on them here.

Said that other than bodyguard cakez role had things that would be useful to scum which is why it's believable from his night actions that he was scum from the start. FBI Agent is useful to groupscum even if given to town because they also benefit from knowing who is/isn't an SK, and the usage of bodyguard first when it's usually a role not useful early because you need information about who's likely to be nightkilled to aim it, which would make sense if scum wanted to save the useful roles until they could have more impact or safely be given to a buddy.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10207 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:35 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Also, directly after that last bit he asked me who was scum if MathBlade was town.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10208 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10203, JaeReed wrote:
In post 10199, MathBlade wrote:Because I checked you as VT post Maxous. If you were not a VT you wouldn't have given me a VT check. So Nahdia and you scum is ridiculous.
No, that means ME scum is ridiculous. Why did you say if Nahdia's scum it is with me? Why can Nahdia not be scum without it being with me?
Because scum wasted their roleblocker on a confirmed VT explicitly AFTER I said do whatever the fuck you want. They could have easily blocked someone else or only have pretended to do your request and you just live until the next day. The fact they visited you and only you means either they culted you which I doubt based on your posts or Nahdia is town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10209 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10204, JaeReed wrote:CFJ believed that the follower faction could have existed prior to Maxous flip due to the way Cakez distributed his actions and the inventions he possessed, ftr.
I doubt this. Otherwise the N5 bit is no longer needed. His play pre and post Maxous was hella different looking back and probably why I was stuck in my townread.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10210 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:46 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10205, Ankamius wrote:

Are you forgetting that this is a bastard game and his role already has some bizarre elements to it?

I doubt this. Otherwise having no way of eliminating Maxous being only a bulletproof townie I would instantly lose having no way to complete my wincon unless all Maxous followers have to die. Which in that case Maxous having a PT outside of the game would be irrelevant because I still have to eliminate all non townies and Maxous death is a side benefit. So two options exist there:

1) Maxous has a PT with his followers still and I have to eliminate all the followers then from my POV I don't give a fuck as I have to eliminate all non town and no followers would end the game.
2) Maxous is dead dead and don't give a fuck.
3) Maxous has a PT and even with no followers he has it. At that point I cannot complete my wincon and would be endgamed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by JaeReed »

The argument is Maxous could be dead for all intents but have a PT with his followers.

Why is this so unbelievable to you given that in Shadowrun we had abilities where town could have a PT with the dead?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 10210, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10205, Ankamius wrote:

I doubt this. Otherwise having no way of eliminating Maxous being only a bulletproof townie I would instantly lose having no way to complete my wincon unless all Maxous followers have to die. Which in that case Maxous having a PT outside of the game would be irrelevant because I still have to eliminate all non townies and Maxous death is a side benefit. So two options exist there:

1) Maxous has a PT with his followers still and I have to eliminate all the followers then from my POV I don't give a fuck as I have to eliminate all non town and no followers would end the game.
2) Maxous is dead dead and don't give a fuck.
3) Maxous has a PT and even with no followers he has it. At that point I cannot complete my wincon and would be endgamed.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10213 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In other words. Maxous might have a PT with his followers.

If he does it becomes fundamentally irrelevant to my wincon.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10214 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I am looking for the not town and trying to eliminate them. Either Maxous is eliminated or he isn't. If I have no way to eliminate Maxous then I would be endgamed becuase I would have no way to complete my wincon.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10215 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:10 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Furthermore if we deal with a cult since the start then the N5 action would be a dud which I hypothesized and I was told NOOOOOOOO that can't be a thing. So which is it guys? I do not believe in a cult since the start so there is likely something killing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:34 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Let's take you one further. Let's assume there was a cult since the start of the game and Maxous did all of the killing as proposed. Yesterday there would be 4 culted people. It took 6 to lynch yesterday.

Those off of it were myself, Nahdia, SirCakez, and Ank.

Unless you believe that is the cult team, which ha ha ha ha, that's insane. Then someone on that would have to be bussing for that to be true. Which then brings up the question of why? They could have gone in here with it being true lylo. A bus doesn't make sense there.

No. The followers were likely invented N5 and something else doing the killing.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:35 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Furthermore you'd have to explain how Gio has an innocent on me when he himself would not be scum in that scenario. Please stop pitching scenarios that can't exist in order to have me be scum. It just hurts your brain, wastes our time, and is horribly unproductive.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Skullduggery
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Skullduggery
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:37 pm

Post by Skullduggery »

Day 8, Vote Count #4

Current Vote Count:

(1)
Giovanni il Pellegrino -- Ankamius
(1)
MathBlade -- Almost50
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
Nahdia
(0)
Ankamius
(0)
BigYoshiFan
(2)
Almost50 -- MathBlade, Nahdia
(0)
JaeReed

Not Voting:
Giovanni il Pellegrino, PeregrineV, BigYoshiFan, JaeReed

With 8 votes available, it takes 5 votes to hammer.

BigYoshiFan is V/LA until 1/12.

Day 8 Will End on Saturday, January 21st, at 9 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2017-01-21 21:00:00)

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: Ankamius

Hood reasons made me realize Ank is better today.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 9:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: MathBlade

One of this or Nahdia is scum. Maybe both. Nahdia following Math on bad reasoning for A50 today is awful given what's in the hood from CFJ and how yesterday played out.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

I'm town JaeReed but let's do a thought exercise:

1) Assume I am scum preMaxous -- Why would I lynch Maxous of all people? Assume Gio town then I would have to be a godfather. Why would I as scum propose a godfather existing when no one was thinking it?
2) Assume I am scum postMaxous only -- How does Gio's check fail in that case and he still be town? Keep in mind godfather is not an option per SirCakez flip.

Ergo if you think I am scum you should be voting Gio.

Which case do you think I am and why?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am not scum for disagreeing with the person killed. Furthermore his last words per you were to assume I am town. There is no way I would kill someone who townread me. Period. I am not scum. You are going through mental gynmastics after Shadowrun. Stop it. Your paranoia will doom us.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10223 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:16 am

Post by JaeReed »

Except he didn't townread you at all. His last words to me were to try to prove to me that assuming you as town doesn't make sense at all with the gamestate.

Talking about mental gymnastics....That is exactly what I am voting you for. This is not paranoia. This is your scumminess reaching such a height that I can't even justify not scumreading you anymore and I don't care if I get lynched for it afterwards.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10224 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:21 am

Post by JaeReed »

And you trying to frame it as paranoia is more evidence of why you are scum.

You've been trying to discredit me from the start when I started on cakez. More evidence. Everything points to you. Absolutely everything. I'm not ignoring your play for the word of someone I don't know is town to start with, nor for a result that we can't be sure means anything given what has happened prior in this game.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”