Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:42 pm

Post by cassielle »

wrapping it up relatively quicklike. i got strong scumdar pings on gbT, schadd_ and rask.

heres what i want from you guys:

gbT; why didn't you find a way to use those questions to get info, or at least continue with a diff RQS set?

you admit its a good idea shortly after killing it dead, but do nothing to replace it? no, sorry, i dont buy it. you could have kept it going in the background while developing good reads, but you jumped on TB and stopped that train cold. i want a good answer. im halfway leaning toward starting a new q&a session here and seeing how you react lol

schadd_; really, i just want you to explain your reads in detail, like, fullstop. theyre not feeling nice to me, im not liking them one bit. convince me you came by them honestly

rask; explain that out of thin air l-1 crap pls? yeah sur eit was really l-2, but you didnt know that so wtf? explain yourself, what on earth was the point of it, why did you do it? why did you expect tb to be a good candidate for that kind of pressure even???

moving on!

i am following creature's thought process on shade. scum votes that way, its why i am eyeing rask with steel in my eyes and a burning boiling need to destroy in my heart in the first place. but theres little enough to go off of that idk, i havent a clue in fact, its more a gut read than a logical "prob scum yeah" thought process.

my mbg read has dropped to nullscum on a doublecheck and rethink of reasoning. the anarchist vibes are likely a personality trait shinign through in general (see avatar), and his reads list is heavily floated toward the middle with few actually dead center purenull -- and those who are at the middle are the strongest of townreads imo. hes prob not on the scum team but hes not exactly playing pro-town. also not getting purenoob vibes, so theres something to be said for that.

final reads list:

TOWN:
creature
gayreen

NULL:
tb

NULLSCUM:
mbg, shade
schadd_, rask <-- ultra scummy nullscum but im not hard-sold on these like i could be

THE SEVENTH CIRCLE
In post 394, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
^is this townread associative off of me or based on play?
originally associative + early game play. as his play dropped off after his claim, his standards slipped and im no longer comfortable with him where he was.
In post 397, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: ^ last time i criticized an rqs i felt was bad

(they flipped town but still, case can be right, flip wrong)
that doesnt bolster your case in the least. give my above q's some attention please, id really like to believe you arent scum because i was looking forward to playing with you ahaha
In post 398, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:final thoughts before lifetm

i'd like to know more about your rask read

cass, cassie?

avatar would be nice btw pretty sure you're not going to flake

not a he

~<3
rask read is a bit gut, a bit of the p3 buddy buddy time, a WHOLE LOT of the "hey lets just put tb on l-1 JUST BECAUSE" (even if wrong) because wtf is that about???

cass works

avatar would be nice but i want something very specific that i prob wont find easily. have to save up money for an art commission from someone awesome probably, or just try to do it myself in Paint.net but thats unlikely to end up in anything but sadness
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:56 pm

Post by cassielle »

In post 398, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:final thoughts before lifetm

i'd like to know more about your rask read

cass, cassie?

avatar would be nice btw pretty sure you're not going to flake

not a he

~<3
oh whoops i didnt even realize that last bit (i was so confused????) -- i caught myself doing it at first and rewrote around it a few times (risking appearing to tunnel but w/e i dont like misgendering people) but i could have sworn i fixed that in my second post. mega sorry about that
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:02 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 400, cassielle wrote:gbT; why didn't you find a way to use those questions to get info, or at least continue with a diff RQS set?

you admit its a good idea shortly after killing it dead, but do nothing to replace it? no, sorry, i dont buy it. you could have kept it going in the background while developing good reads, but you jumped on TB and stopped that train cold. i want a good answer. im halfway leaning toward starting a new q&a session here and seeing how you react lol
eh, RQS worked once for me but it's a gimmick. RVS is better now that my reads are better (i mean here they're shit apparently). Starting the game off by posturing a scumread I was hoping would be a good replacement since RVS is pointless if you can make a serious vote. Like, I was pretty intent on killing TB right then and there and I wanted that to show in my posts, still feel the bloodlust but now it's kinda gone from time. I was hoping that town would react by calling my push shit and voting me or something or see what i saw. instead people called it boring so?? sometimes shit doesn't work out

still i think "HEY GUYS GUESS WHY I'M SCUMREADING TB VOTE WITH ME" is a way more interesting way to start a game than TB's RQS

What sort of info would you expect for me to get from TB's questions, anyway? People almost always say where they're from sitewise or how much experience or whatever regardless. they don't seem like helpful questions to me

lmfao go ahead on RQS 2.0

i'll get back to you on rask because like your posting was literally the controversy i've been dying for so i'm probably going to reread every slot besides creature and gayreen from this

from memory i don't think the L-1 vote was that weird but honestly experiencing this game in real-time was really surreal

((((((((((also thanks for putting a fuckton of pressure on me regardless of alignment to not disappoint someone who watched one of my games and looks up to me apparently?? :igmeou: ))))))))))))

~<3

and about misgendering it's cool and happens all the time, just don't do it deliberately :P

she is fine too for me btw but you only get one choice so
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:03 am

In post 402, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:RVS is better now that my reads are better (i mean here they're shit apparently).
this sentence doesn't make sense so let me try to break it down

like when i was a raw newb i probably couldn't form reads during rvs

now i generally read people from like 1 post, especially in rvs

raw newbs can work with RQS because obvious material

RVS gets the game moving faster and RQS annoys people outside of the newbie queue
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 am

Post by Creature »

I think I'd rather do Shade now.
Sigh
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:13 am

cassie final final thoughts because i'm addicted to mafiascum and don't know when i want to log off

if you scumread me you have to picture me laughing my ass off the entire game and every time someone says something way off base

legit want to know if that mental image works with your read on me

also forgot to say that i enjoy being the seventh circle of hell itself

cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:21 am

Post by cassielle »

regarding info to get from those questions:

first off, it sets up a baseline and makes sure you know everyones experience level. id have followed it up with an experienced-folks-only question set involving who theyve played with before and what pointers they can give about town/scum metas, but thats just because i would want to level that playing field information-wise -- ses and ic have an advantage in knowing some of their counterparts, noobs are just about completely unaware of everyone.

secondly (less important from a game perspective, more important from a learning perspective) it gives everyone an opening to ask about roles they dont understand to the ic without unintentionally (even unknowingly) softing themselves as that role -- because EVERYONE is doing it and MOST are going to be vt or scum! that gives noobs a leg up that the experienced folks already have, without shifting balance. important later, though not immediately.

third, you can always jump on random peoples questions and request followups. avoid q4 and you avoid looking like youre rolefishing. and by doing this you can grab onto anyones questions list as a thread to tug at if you want more info but dont want to be tugging on the latest discussion threads for whatever reason (cornering a suspicious player into a position, etc). it gives town a powerful tool by forcing everyone to put a bit of themselves up front at the start in a way that rvs doesnt quite do. furthermore, while you cant ask a latecomer to engage in rvs for tells, you can ask them to fill out the standard q&a sheet everyone else has got to drag info out of them. its easy to dodge a "oh whats your reads list" at this stage just coming in, too lazy to do a deep re-read or w/e you want really. it corners the lurkers into making a move that people can latch onto later if necessary, which (as you saw with my predecessor lol) isnt as easy without it.

ill seriously consider rqs 2.0 still, but im gonna wait for your reaction to this post.

p-edit: im ok with shade, but id WAY prefer schadd_, gbT or rask. moreso schadd_ or rask atm, im getting info out of gbT!

and yeah @gbT you totally strike me that way, imo were actually quite a lot alike haha
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:33 am

Post by Creature »

Meh, this townblock is irritating me tbh.

It's harder when most players are focused to say their townreads than their scumreads.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:34 am

Post by Creature »

tbh this sounds like town!ThinkBig (unless he always does these questions)
In post 6, ThinkBig wrote:Let's get some random questions in to get discussion flowing as well:

Newbies
1. Have you ever played mafia before? If so, where? If not, then welcome!
2. What made you decide to give MS a try?

Everyone
3. Do you prefer to play town or mafia?
4. What is your favorite/least favorite role?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:35 am

Post by Creature »

In post 8, ThinkBig wrote:I prefer town. I enjoy the investigative aspects of the game and puzzle solving.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:37 am

Post by Creature »

Okay, at least Rask started scum hunting later, but it took a while.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:38 am

Post by Creature »

Not sure what to make of him.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:39 am

Post by Creature »

Now I understand the schadd_ townreads.
In post 53, schadd_ wrote:how often does the IC get nightkilled, if town? intuitively, they will be the best target for killing a strong town player but also they ought to be kept around, from an etiquette standpoint
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:40 am

Post by Creature »

More town!ThinkBig
In post 77, ThinkBig wrote:
In post 76, Creature wrote:RVS can't be finished with a simple "RVS is over".
IIoA. Essentially the same thing the poster before you said.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:41 am

Post by Creature »

I need to reconsider my townread on matt.
In post 83, mattblackguy wrote:VOTE: Rakkar

Just because I wanted to vote someone and also because Rakkar is scum.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:42 am

Post by Creature »

Still town, but will keep checking
In post 91, GAYreenHamster wrote:2. I see what you mean, but i personally don't think he would do something like that, and even if they were a newbie, they could still pick a random PR to name, so i doubt it was a purposeful rolefish, if even a rolefish at all
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:43 am

Post by Creature »

112 town
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:47 am

Post by Creature »

In post 143, ThinkBig wrote:Since I am at L-2 or 1, I'm going to claim. I am a
Vanilla Townie

When I get home from work, I'll catch up on everything.
Fair reaction
Sigh
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:47 am

Post by cassielle »

im on board with most of these, but imo post 53 schadd_ is pure evil, its a quiet way of asking "is it a good play to off the IC for mafia?" like, the best you could say is NAI, to me it comes off as ultrascum
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:48 am

Post by Creature »

In post 148, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:is that towni'm not sure honestly
The bigger your personal townblock is, the less you'll accept other townreads.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 am

Post by Creature »

At least we have proof GAYreen isn't really fabricating his posts.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:55 am

Post by Creature »

lol what?

Shade planned his first post?
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:58 am

Post by Creature »

His questions are meh. Easy questions, expected for either alignment.
Sigh
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:59 am

Post by cassielle »

interesting points to make:

1: TB dropped off at roughly your last post you quoted from him (pre-claim, the IIoA bit), quality wise. that struck me as buzzwordy (even if true!) and from there hes tumbled downhill and lately turned into a bit of a flaky lurker from what ive read. its what changed him from being almost obvtown to null for me. all his early posts still feel ultra townie tho

2: rask took ages to get scumhunting yeah and it feels halfassed -- he jumped on that l-1 with little discussion. most of the supposed townblock was on that vote, so if he had actually been l-2 the scum could have had their weaker link lolhammer and end it -- they take out a weak player to keep discussion flowing, the hammerer could have said "i thought i checked the count and it was l-2" (which it was!) as a safety net. then his further scumhunting has been PoE, which is very poor in this game because everyone is so focused on townreads when its all about killing them scum that want to look town to start with baby

3: schadd_ post 53 thing.

4: GAYreen feels like a good bet for obv-town in my book. this seems to be easy to agree on. nothing about GAYreen says "shifty", it says noob-nervous, a bit of sheeping but a lot of honest curiosity and finding your sea legs so to speak as well.

p-edit: what? planned it? checking
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:00 am

Post by Creature »

In post 225, Shade wrote:I was thinking, since it's a newbie game there is a veteran player in scum teams, but yeah I understand why that ruins the game now. Thanks.
Opinions on this?
Sigh

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”