Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #425  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:01 am

In post 230, rakkar wrote:
In post 229, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:and i'll try to cut down on hyperposting a bit, reading 9 pages of one-liners is really annoying and i'm really bad at exacerbating that :dead:

I'm keen to play but it feels pretty overwhelming to to see ten pages to read in less than 48 hours.

Fair
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #426  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:01 am

I'm asking this for everyone:
In post 424, Creature wrote:
In post 225, Shade wrote:I was thinking, since it's a newbie game there is a veteran player in scum teams, but yeah I understand why that ruins the game now. Thanks.

Opinions on this?
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #427  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 am

i dont see how Shade planned his first post. the ISO looks weird af though, definitely.

i think that bit from 225 is NAI, town wants to know that (because of easy win condition) but scum also wants to know that (say if theyre on a double-noob scumteam?) and the response is also NAI imo

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #428  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:02 am

In post 232, ThinkBig wrote:Hey all! I have off today and tomorrow (WOO HOO) so let me take some time to catch up!

In post 399, ThinkBig wrote:Prod received. Posting later tonight. V/LA until tomorrow.

-_-
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #429  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:03 am

In post 427, cassielle wrote:(say if theyre on a double-noob scumteam?)

I'd expect him to be in a scumteam with an SE in that case.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #430  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:06 am

In post 239, mattblackguy wrote:mattblackguy - Town
GAYreenHamster - Town
Shade - Town
rakkar - Mafia
schadd_- Town
Raskolnikov (SE) - Town
ThinkBig (SE) - Mafia
gigabyteTroubadour (SE) - Town
Creature (IC) - Town

So did we win?

In post 240, mattblackguy wrote:By the way, my previous post was 100% serious. I really do believe Rakkar, and ThinkBig are the mafia. Rakkar hasn't contributed anything to the game. He hasn't posted any opinions on anything that has gone on in this game so far, and hasn't posted any of his thoughts about the other players (who he thinks is town, who he thinks is scum etc.) I will not remove my vote from Rakkar unless he actually contributes something.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #431  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:07 am

This looks really reckless for scum, but what bothers me is that he took 13 mins to make post 240.

What's your opinion?
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #432  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:08 am

main reason i disagree: someone is going to think, "hey, im here to learn. so no matter what role i get, im going to want a mentor figure, right?" and then they look at their scumteam and see they have another noob, and theyre like "wait what? who the hell is going to help teach me this stuff???" so theyre gonna feel out of their depth. and because its a noob game they might feel someone messed up somewhere down the line and they got saddled with a second noob by mistake. but saying that in the thread is guarantee-lynch, so they ask "so would the scum have an SE or IC on their team always?"

i think itll be a 2-noob team if hes scum.

p-edit: mbg's read lists are ugly. let me look for his second readlist, its a MESS. it also DOES NOT follow from his first list in the least.

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #433  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:08 am

Yeah, Rask's a goner now.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #434  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:09 am

Either he identified all town or he identified all scum, if that's the latter, he must be really confident, but I doubt he is.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #435  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:10 am

sorry that was his second. meant his first. behold:

In post 185, mattblackguy wrote:So far I read both Rask, and Giga as town. To me it seems like Rask is trying to put some pressure on ThinkBig, and get more analysis from people, which seems like a town thing to do. I can't seem to put into words why I think Giga is town besides the fact that I think all of thier posts seem pro-town.(sorry for vagueness :/)

At first I didn't think anything of ThinkBig asking questions but him claiming at L-2 seemed very odd to me. Like (1) I don't think anyone had intent to lynch him especially when we have 13 days left in the day, still have plenty of discussion left, and 2 people still haven't posted. (2) A vanilla townie claim doesn't really have much weight to it, because wouldn't everyone claim vanilla townie on day 1? It's not like a power role would claim their actual role day 1 because they would know they would die that night, and all mafia would also claim vanilla townie.

I'm not sure what to think about Creature at the moment. It seems he's being vague with all his posts, and can't get a read on him.

Everyone else I'm pretty much null on.

(sorry if my reads/analysis sucks. I'm just typing what comes to mind, and would very much appreciate feedback on how I can improve)


p-edit: id say overconfident is best case scenario, but id rather have your take (considering conftown)

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #436  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:11 am

Oh wow, this Shade guy finally scum hunt, but it's actually just an empty vote.
In post 253, Shade wrote:anyway I like to see what will happen if I just vote Thinkbig

VOTE: Vote : ThinkBig

This is L2 I believe.

What do you think will happen?
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #437  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 am

185 looks like an easy readslist, not particularly scummy but not a reason to townread.

However 239 and 240 looks harsh.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #438  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:12 am

In post 255, Shade wrote:That was my first vote, Why are you trying to make me feel it was worthless.

I think Thinkbig is avoiding this game. I like to see his answers to my questions.

Okay, understood.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #439  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:14 am

In post 436, Creature wrote:Oh wow, this Shade guy finally scum hunt, but it's actually just an empty vote.
In post 253, Shade wrote:anyway I like to see what will happen if I just vote Thinkbig

VOTE: Vote : ThinkBig

This is L2 I believe.

What do you think will happen?


lol you actually responded that way to him originally too. yeah shades def nullscum for me, same tier as mbg, for that very reason among the others youve mentioned. i dont think the response to your original response was worth treating from a town perspective, its not indignant so much as joking, with a thin and easily made up reasoning for the vote underneath

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #440  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:15 am

Shade seems like a total noob (or pretending). What would a total noob that got scum do?
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #441  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:16 am

In post 305, Raskolnikov wrote:1. mattblackguy
2. GAYreenHamster ?
3. Shade ? [not with think]
4. rakkar ?
5. schadd_
6. Raskolnikov (SE)
7. ThinkBig (SE) ?
8. gigabyteTroubadour (SE) ?
9. Creature (IC)

yeah this look about right.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #442  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:19 am

noobscum imo:

will panic and flounder a bit. they dont have guidance until night-talk.

will lurk a lot.

are going to be self-analytical, watching their words, persona, actions, etc.

will tend toward posts with polished presentation, low content, high word count.

will flail with reads (massive back and forth).

p-edit: i love that rask forgot to cross himself on that list lol -- sure, its final, but unless you didnt get a town role pm you should never want to keep your slot open to questioning. ever. you have no reason, it muddies the waters.

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #443  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:20 am

Most reads around page 14 and 15 feels like "Follow giga"
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #444  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:20 am

oh and noobscum will also react poorly to being pressured/questioned because they have to just bs until something sticks, but they also cant be too inconsistent

p-edit: also had that vibe

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #445  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:21 am

In post 442, cassielle wrote:p-edit: i love that rask forgot to cross himself on that list lol -- sure, its final, but unless you didnt get a town role pm you should never want to keep your slot open to questioning. ever. you have no reason, it muddies the waters.

Or he forgot.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #446  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:23 am

no way he forgot. question marks by al lthe others, but not on his name. hes saying he isnt scum (thats the question marks) but forgot to say he is def town as well (crossing out). i was surprised no one saw that.

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #447  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:24 am

I think your posts look fair, Cassiele. Though, I'm usually paranoid of players that directly comes with a case on someone.
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #448  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:25 am

In post 446, cassielle wrote:no way he forgot. question marks by al lthe others, but not on his name. hes saying he isnt scum (thats the question marks) but forgot to say he is def town as well (crossing out). i was surprised no one saw that.

lol idk then

I doubt he would leave him unstriked because he's scum, so he must be really "messing up"
Every man has the right to be an idiot and you are abusing the privilege

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #449  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:28 am

re: paranoia: thats fair, but idk, i got no reason to act concerned by your paranoia i think? i back my stuff up and i definitely am not about to do anything anti-town (and hell if im acting anti town call me out).

tho if youre worried about the gbT part of my scumreads, id say pay attention after their next response tbh.

re: rask stuff: i think def messing up, but that combined with other behavior brings to mind huge scum. which is why hes in my top 3. id say give him a chance to wiggle out just in case but def lock his views/statements/stances down lol

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games