What's your favorite game?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by mastina »

Geez it's hard.
RPG Mafia was a blast. (The sequel, not so much.)
Good vs Evil, Chaos vs Law was also a great game, aside from the shitty Chaotic Good town (save Regfan, the credit to his kind) being shitty, despicable human beings.
Happy Tree Friends was an amazing game.
Mind Reader Mafia had an absolutely
brilliant
concept.
Anything Goes is seriously one of the best games of all time. Both teams were comprised of absolutely fantastic players.
Antihero Mafia Reboot was also an awesome game.
Xenogears was another instance of top-tier players on both teams playing strongly.
I loved Mobile Suit Gundamn, in spite of the scum dayvigging me D1 (because I had the best reads).
Left 4 Dead will forever be remembered by me as the game where I trolled the fuck out of the town as confscum.
Attack on Titan was one of THE best games ever played, with the closest, hardest-fought battle of all time. If not for displaced replacing in, the scum would've won the mylo...in spite of all three scum having been the top three wagons D1. (Which they turned around into a mislynch.) Strong play by both sides, really great game.
Paranoia is another of those games which had an AMAZING concept behind it, regarding the scum.
Duck Tales Mafia remains a classical favorite of mine.
Drawn on Arrival featured some of the BEST townplay and town cohesion ever and is another.
Inorganic Chemistry was another great game where both sides played well.
It's hard to forget Steven Universe, as that was a pretty amazing game.

Those as a player. As a mod, it's hard to decide.
From a mechanics point of view, probably Hilariously Unbalanced Mafia 2.
From a gameplay point of view, probably Maniacal Street Mafia.
From a flavor point of view, hard to beat Gistou.
Though any of those three games could fit for the other two just as easily, albeit in different ways.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 18, borkjerfkin wrote:"Tales of You" said no one ever
Oh, I'd say there were about nine or ten players who
could
say that was their favorite game...... :igmeou:
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #23 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 21, mykonian wrote:that game where two players abused a newish mod by asking her if they could hydra mid game, for strategic reasons.
That was more of a replacement given that shortly after I joined, F-16 my hydra partner left the game (I forget if it was forcefully or willfully, probably the former) basically immediately after I joined.

Also, I am firmly in the camp which believes there is nothing wrong with non-strategic need for hydras to come in mid-game. F-16 told me it wasn't strategic, so I believed him when he said it wasn't strategic. Now, you can be of the opinion that he lied and that it was in fact strategic. But I would have no way of knowing that in advance when at the time F-16 was a trusted friend of mine. He made a personal request, and I saw no malice in it.

Additionally, there are other reasons for a hydra to come in mid-game: namely, a (usually sudden) shift in schedule causing a temporary or permanent V/LA which would normally render a player unable to properly play (at least for a duration of time), yet still with the desire to. (This is one reason given for hydras: individual heads wouldn't be able to play alone, but can play as a hydra. The difference between this happening at the beginning of the game and the middle of the game is virtually nil.) This was also legal at the time and done in many other games, not just that one. You're applying a modern standard (that we don't do it anymore) to an older game where that modern standard wasn't in play.

Furthermore, even if you were to assume that it was strategic...so? That doesn't change my statement about the nature of the game. It was a strong game by both sides. The scum started off poorly, recovered, and played well (killing the right people at the right times and using the right actions at the right times), taking the game to mylo. The town played well the entire game. It was a fun game, it was a hard game, it was a well-done game, meaning I have every right to list it as a favorite game of mine because it was an epic battle the entire way, and a close loss on my end thanks to the excellent play of the replacement displaced managing to convince the rest of the town to lynch the scum that they had previously considered conftown. I played well, my team played well, and we still lost because the town played slightly better.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”